Great Stretch DVD

Swimmer

Cathlete
Earlier this week, I received the Lastics DVD (along w/the much anticipated Butt Bible and a Susan Chung DVD). Videos Tips : Flexibility Exercises : Stretch Not Yoga : Ballet Workouts : Dance Stretch : Lastics

If you are looking to improve your flexibility, I highly recommend Lastics. I've used it for about five days and I can already tell a difference in my flexibility, particularly in my usually tight/back hamstrings. The technique requires a lot of concentration and is more work than relaxation. In fact, at times it's uncomfortable, but listening to the cues/instructions, you can push through it. Afterward, you feel amazing. I hope Donna Flagg puts out another DVD soon.

The DVD is an hour long but due to time constraints during the workweek, I do one of the 15-20 min segments a day.

Thanks for sharing that...it looks interesting.

I missed the boat on Athletic Stretch by Miranda Esmonde-White and I've been looking for something similar.

I have never been as enthusiastic about a stretch workout/technique, and I think anyone who does high intensity training (weight and/or cardio) will find this very effective/beneficial. There's a section where she focuses on your feet/ankles. Interestingly, when I did the XTrain bonus barre segment yesterday, my weak leg shook/quivered only for about half of the high/tight segments, instead of during the entire part!

Donna Flagg actually responded to my email to her website, asking about a follow on DVD. :) She's planning on making another one later this year!!!

****runs with flaming credit card*****

LOL..we really, really, need a flaming credit card emoticon on here.

Cathe.com = home of the nicest fitness enablers in the world.

:p:D

Looking forward to trying this.

Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered this. I really need to work on my flexibility. I like the thought that she teaches about common stretching mistakes. Looking forward to trying it out :D

Thanks for sharing that...it looks interesting.

I missed the boat on Athletic Stretch by Miranda Esmonde-White and I've been looking for something similar.

Hello, Story1267, could you tell me where to find "Athletic Stretch" by Miranda Esmonde-White? I looked on the Collage and Total Fitness DVDs sites and could not find. I too have purchased the Lastics stretch DVD and would like to check out "Athletic Stretch" as well; flexibility is not one of my strong suits (pardon the pun!).

TIA -

A-Jock

Hi Annette,

You're one of my very favorite Cathletes...I'm kinda excited to talk to you! :D

I've had Classical Stretch in my eBay searches and have searched online for it for a few years now actually.

You CAN get it....if you're willing to fork out the big bucks. Amazon has it right now for $178.76 new or $74.89 used. That's enough to dampen the flame on even my severely enabled credit card.

Amazon.com: Classical Stretch - The Esmonde Technique: Full Body Workout Volume 1 / Athletes Intense Stretch: Miranda Esmonde-White: Movies & TV

That link looks ridiculous...I hope it works.

Hi Annette,

You're one of my very favorite Cathletes...I'm kinda excited to talk to you! :D

I've had Classical Stretch in my eBay searches and have searched online for it for a few years now actually.

You CAN get it....if you're willing to fork out the big bucks. Amazon has it right now for $178.76 new or $74.89 used. That's enough to dampen the flame on even my severely enabled credit card.

Amazon.com: Classical Stretch - The Esmonde Technique: Full Body Workout Volume 1 / Athletes Intense Stretch: Miranda Esmonde-White: Movies & TV

That link looks ridiculous...I hope it works.

Hi, again, Story1267 and thanks so much for your kind and flattering words! I'm more of a Facebooker these days than a habitue' of individual forums, but I do like to pop back into the Cathe forums mostly as a lurker from time to time.

Re the Esmonde Technique . . . you had me at "74.89 used". Piss on that. I'm wayyyyyyyyy too cheap to spend that kinda dough. But thank you so much for calling up the link! Hopefully other readers of this thread will be able to jump on it.

If you're on Facebook, look me up - I'm Annette Simmons-Brown (don't forget the dash!) in that world!

Take care, and thanks again!

A-Jock

I too purchased. I've always wanted to gain more flexibility now let's see how it goes.

Why is the DVD so expensive? Is it because it's not longer in production or is a ten part mini-series like "Thornbirds" - LOL!

I too have to sing praises for Lastics. it's an awesome awesome stretch with lots of instruction. I find myself recalling her pointers to mind when doing other stretch workouts. My only gripe about the DVD is that it is not chaptered. She has it broken down into segments but they're not chaptered. If she does do another one I hope she chapters it.

Yikes, another DVD to add to my growing list! Looks great, and just what I need. Thanks, swimmer!

Earlier this week, I received the Lastics DVD (along w/the much anticipated Butt Bible and a Susan Chung DVD). Videos Tips : Flexibility Exercises : Stretch Not Yoga : Ballet Workouts : Dance Stretch : Lastics

If you are looking to improve your flexibility, I highly recommend Lastics. I've used it for about five days and I can already tell a difference in my flexibility, particularly in my usually tight/back hamstrings. The technique requires a lot of concentration and is more work than relaxation. In fact, at times it's uncomfortable, but listening to the cues/instructions, you can push through it. Afterward, you feel amazing. I hope Donna Flagg puts out another DVD soon.

The DVD is an hour long but due to time constraints during the workweek, I do one of the 15-20 min segments a day.

How would you compare this a yoga w/0?

I recieved this DVD yesterday and did it last night. Man oh man!! That is some totally different stretching than I'm used to, but so effective. It will take me some work to do it properly, but when I was done I just felt longer.

I do have to say it was not comfortable. No relaxation with this one, but I will increase flexibility which will lead to less injury. That is my goal.

You're right, Toni, it's work, not relaxations. It's very effective, though. My back is so much looser now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.