Getting Our Licks In!

Phew! Got most of the stuff tagged and off to the twin sale! I was so wiped out after I had to lie down again,:eek: cant wait to get my stamina back:eek:, this fatigue is frightening....:confused:

Hope we make some $$$ and it was worth the effort! I am going to use the $ me make to buy the girls new clothes!

Liz! wishing you luck tonight! Fill us in when you can. I did check out some cage fights and it must really hurt to get punched in the face! Maybe the adrenaline is pumping so high you don't feel it at first but the next day must be brutal! This one fight they had a 38 yr old 5'8 and 138 lbs with a 22 5'3 125 lbs, that seemed like a pretty lopsided fight to me, how do they match you? I actually got into a terrible car wreck in 2002, barely missing an elk and ending up driving off a small embarkment going through two trees and finally stopping on the 3rd, I nearly went through the windshield, 'starred" the glass twice with my head. Anyway I did Pilates as part as my rehab and found it was the only thing that kept the pain away, I decided it was to expensive to 'do' for the rest of my life so I should train to teach it!:eek: My girls were 2 years old and it seemed like the perfect flexible part time work and it has been.

Michelle: fall is here too, the leaves are beginning to turn and we have had some cool foggy days down here in Boulder. Sounds like a nice day at home!

Janine: Thanks for sharing the 'before' pictures! It will be fun to see what you do to the place! How nice to have a summer house! The picture is funny, beach access but no water? Please explain:eek:

Tomorrow Bo and I are going to buy a new washing machine, the advertisement says you get a free dryer, but we will see what the fine print says...and picking up the twin sale stuff that didn't sell and then we are heading back up to the mountains. Sunday I have a staff meeting at the Recreation Center. I was thinking of trying to workout but since Monday I will have to teach Pilates and Ski Conditioning (yep that time of year again) and I am still so wiped out I think I will wait...

Today was TBS, abs and stretches. Also a 30 min. walk with Rolly.

Liz, So glad the weather was good for you in your run. I love Cathe's TF. I'm a bit nervous for you tonight. To know fear!

Michelle, I'm glad you and Ripken could sleep in today. Great job on GS Chest and Triceps and the beautiful weather for walking man's best friend.

Liz, Washington State at Newport. They have all kinds of activities there.

Laura, I hope you all the success to get some money to buy clothes for your daughters. Now take it easy and rest a bit. The fatique is most likely do to overdoing it. Rest! I love that "No Water" picture. :D Congrats on the new washing machine. I hope you get a free dryer with that. Let us know. I think you are wise to wait on trying to workout. Rest!;)

Janie

Hi,

Thank you for all of the support and good wishes but I lost last night. I did really good in the first round I was able to land some good kicks and punches and got in a good take down to get my opponent on the mat and I actually won that round. However round 2 she got in a good take down and it was just about open season on me! What also didn’t help is she got in a few punches and elbows to my right eye and it started to swell shut on me, just about causing me to go blind in that eye. In between rounds the doctor did look at it and was able to relive some of the swelling. Round 3 I actually did land a good take down shot but I was a bit weaken from the beating in round 2 my opponent was able to gain control and roll on top of me and UN-leash again and all I could do was try to cover up till the reff decided to end the fight. The doctor did check me out and I did go to the hospital as a precaution and I'm fine. Black eye, and a cut lip and a good cuts above and below my right eye. However, on a positive not NO broken nose!! With that said I'm going to take it easy and on Monday after the kids go to school me and two other women are going to the spa!! I need a good manicure and pedicure and message!!

Laura: You have so many things going on that you really don't think about the punching. Plus I like getting punched. Yes, I know I'm odd :) However, the next day or two is another story! That and the blood stains you have to wash out of your sports bra and bottoms!! I have a pink and white sports bra and a pink and white panty / skort that goes over it. As for how they match you up they have a number of ways. Your trainer can say he wants you to fight this woman, or you can say I want to mix it up with this woman. However, one girl wanted to get into a cage with a man and it was allowed and she won! Or the promoters can say they want you to fight this woman. Some of the fights can be a miss match but the one you listed is not to bad. I'm in my 40's and my opponent was 28 I was at 136lbs and she was at 122lbs.

That is an amazing story about your accident and how it led you to become a pilates teacher! I like to do pilates or yoga before a fight. Before I go to a fight I make sure I have my mat in my gym bag!!

Janie: THANK YOU for the concerns :) To be honest when I have a cage fight I sometimes cry!! Boxing I'm so used to it, but before I go out into the cage I need a good cry! I Was going to guess the pictures were taken on the Pacific North west. It looks lovely! Good job with the workout.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE KIND WORDS! I guess I need Cathe to train me harder next time!

Liz

Not the warm sunshiney day here in Virginia that the weatherman originally forecasted. It's cool, overcast, and there is the occasional sprinkle. Ripken and I had a nice walkabout this morning, during which I told him that we probably were not going to the boat today given the icky weather. DH was up when we got back and announced that he didn't really want to go over to the boat given the weather. Go figure--was I right or what? Did Butts and Guts this morning. I don't think my glutes really got over DOMs from GS legs earlier in the week--I'm already feeling sore from this morning's workout.
Watching VATECH football with my honey while I'm typing.

LizBoxer: while I'm sore, I bet my soreness is nothing compared to how you must be feeling today. You've got major moxie my friend--that's all I can say. But you sure do know how to spoil yourself after a fight. Nothing like mixing the hard and the soft sides of life. Geographically, our check-in group covers the continental U.S. My sister (catchick) and I live in Virginia--she's in SW VA and I'm in NOVA. Janie is in Washington, and Laura is in Colorado. Shadowpup lives in Idaho and Maryland--she's been pretty busy with her new job these days and we have not heard from her in a few weeks. Others who have been MIA for a while are ElleP in Ontario and Shoegal in Pittsburgh. We sure do hope they are at least lurking. But we've been missing them. Where are you located?

Laura: It's tough being a mom when you are sick. I don't know how you do it. I'm glad you got everything ready for the twin sale and I hope everything sold. Let us know what happens with the new washer and dryer.

Janie: love the pictures of your soon to be "beach home." The setting looks wonderful. The inside looks bigger than you would expect. You guys are going to have so much fun making your new place into a home. So exciting.

~michelle

Well still no workouts to report but I am feeling better! And turns out the twin sale was worth the effort after all. We sold a total of $849.00 - 297 (35% for the twin club) and netted 546.85!:eek: I get to take the girls shopping with that money which will go quickly between the two of them I assure you!

Liz:holly molly what a battle you had last night! Glad you are checked out ok at the hospital! And I would love to see the faces at of the girls at the spa when you check in! Oh to be a fly on the wall! I think it is interesting that they don't do a 'weight/height' class, but I am sure they must know what they are doing. Fighting some one close to half your age would intimidate me. I just turned 40 this year. Do you get some down time now? How much do exercise in a day?

Janie: Bought a new washer and dryer today even at sale prices came to $1,999 after extended warranties, taxes, fees and all that stuff, they better last! When reading consumer reports I got pretty depressed on the consumer feedback that kept reporting broken machines in 6 months that cost $1,000. It frustrates me, our disposable culture, where old machines would last 10-15 years and cost half the amount, but you can't get any one to fix them, so you are forced to but these machines that cost twice as much and last 1/2 as long.

Michelle: same weather here, which seems odd...sounds like you are doing the rock bottom rotation, but I don't think you are? What rotation are you doing now?

To rainy to take a walk outside. Guess Fall is here. I was hoping it wouldn't be so fast this year.:confused:

Been baking bread all day today. One has already been half way eaten. LOL Here's a photo.
398518693.jpg

Liz, Congratulations for being a good sport and that you checked out OK. You did your best and that's all anyone can do really. Very proud of you, most importantly you should be proud of yourself. The way you described the match it felt like almost being there. You did good, and next time is a better chance to win. You have more experience under your belt.

Michelle, Rainy here in the PNW. Glad you and Ripken had a nice walkabout this morning. Great job on B&G. You are working so hard. Good for you.

Laura, Glad you are still continuing to feel better. Hey! Great job on the twin sale. Not bad. The girls will have a lot of fun getting some clothes. WOW! The washer and dryer seem so much. We haven't bought one for a long time, I'm surprised how much they are now. And I agree, they don't make em like they use to. Wonder why?

Take care ladies,

Janie

Today is a rest day. Yeah! I'm doing Cathe's September 2011 rotation and it sure does seem to be "working." I feel trimmer--and everything is sore--abs, glutes, chest, triceps. I don't feel sore in my abs very often, so I feel like my core is really get worked this month. Ripken and I have done two walks today. He threw up his breakfast about 5 minutes after eating this morning. Thank goodness he was laying on the tile floor when he did. Not sure what was wrong. He might have drank too much water too fast. If he does that--he usually regurgitates everything in his stomach shortly afterwards. I waited an hour and fed him again and he seems fine. Guess it was just one of those dog things.

Laura: wow--you guys did great on the twin sale. And with twin girls, you are right, the money you made will be gone very quickly after you take them shopping for new clothes. After reading how much you spent on a new washer and dryer, I'mthinking of going upstairs and kissing my old one.s Gosh--that sure is alot for a new washer and dryer. Did you get the front load or top load washer? Are they a different color than white? Just wondering. Glad to hear that you are over the hump on your illness. Hopefully, you'll be able to get in some workouts this week.

Janie: you're bread always looks so good. I can just imagine the smells. That sure is alot of bread, though. What do you do with it? Do you freeze some of the loaves? It is still very cool and cloudy here. No rain which is okay. We've had enough rain this month.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Michelle

Hi Girls,

I hope everyone had a good and enjoyable weekend. I spent Saturday recovering from the beating I took Friday. Sunday was basically family day since were all busy during the week we really try to set aside Saturday or Sunday that we spend together. Today we went to the beach and had a bit of a picnic, and than we played in the pool.

Michelle: Did your team won on Saturday? Glad the weather was good for the most part. Sounds like you had a good workout. What city are you in? We spent about a month in Arlington a few years back. Is the boat on the Patomic? Anyway we live in Florida and have good weather for most of the year just the pesky Hurricanes!! Sounds like we have a good part of the US Represented. If you don't mind me asking how did you get your job with the USMC?

Laura: Glad you are feeling better and that the sale was a success. For cage fighting they do it by weight / height match up but it is very liberal for lack of a better term. Boxing it is a bit more strict. I would like to fight other women close to my age but there are not a lot of in their 40's that box or cage fight. A lot of the younger girls are not to respectful. In my second cage fight I was taking a VERY BAD beating and the after the ref stopped the fight she continued to punch me in the face and elbow me in the crotch. When I've boxed women around my age they seem to be more respectful. I plan on taking some down time tomorrow and go to the spa. Anyway if I'm in training for a fight I go to the gym six days a week, and fallow a strict workout routine, along with my home workouts. If I'm not in training I workout 3 to 4 times a week. My trainer got me a fight (boxing) in a few weeks so in a few days its back to the gym. Swelling has gone down a bit and don't look to bad. THANK GOD FOR MAKE UP!!!

Janie: The bread looks VERY GOOD!! I want to do some baking this week, and some table decorating this week. Anyway, eventhough I did lose I'm proud and I know the more I get in the cage I'll improve one of the girls said expect a losing record your first year but she said after six months to a year in the cage I'll start to do better.

Anyway, tomorrow is a spa day, pedicure, manicure, rubdown, facial!! Plus I want to do a somewhat easy workout.

THANKS AGAIN for all of the KIND WORDS OF SUPPORT!!

Liz

Back to the work week and it is going to be busy, busy, busy. I've got a paper due on Wednesday and it will be a miracle if it goes out on time. Today through Wednesday are going to be very long days. Ripken and I had a great long walkabout this morning. It is Cross Train Express week on Cathe's September rotation. Started out with 10-10-10 this morning--10 minutes of kickbox, 10 minutes of hi/lo, and 10 minutes of step, followed by tricep work. Mind you--my triceps and chest are still hurting from Friday, but I pushed on and did pretty good. Sometimes there is nothing better for DOMs than a good workout.

Got to get back to work--I'll try to get back later for personals.
Michelle

Hello Ladies!

Monday again! Where do the weekends go? Between the Twin sale, Nutcracker Rehearsals, purchasing the washer dryer, and a staff meeting at Rec. Center on Sunday, I don't feel like I had a weekend!

I am still really tired and winded and the Kickboxing teacher suggested that I get checked out for walking pneumonia, so I called the Doc. Today but just got the answering machine...

The County fired our Community Recreation Director and eliminated the position, so now everyone who works the front desk has five times the responsibility and workload but no pay increase! :-(. I guess it is a sign of the economic times....

Janey: yummy! Do you bake with whole grains? I am taking a break from wheat for a few weeks. It's tough and sometimes I slip up, like todays lunch I made a chicken breast, with garlic & ginger, spinach and some coconut milk ontop of so,e whole wheat spaghetti! I was 1/2 way through it when I remembered I was trying not to eat wheat! It was delicious though!

Michelle: this rotation does sound good. I don't recall the last time you mentioned DOMS so often.....hope Ripkin is ok! The washer dryer is a front loader in silver, but the color didn't effect the cost, we opted for a gas dryer which was a $100 extra, and it is one of those new 'steam' units that is supposed to eliminate any spray for stains which will make doing laundry go faster for me.

Liz: enjoy the spa day! That's what I need, but after that washer/dryer purchase I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon....guess it's time for a home spa experience! I do need to get my nails done this week though. How old and what gender are your kids?

Laura: Weekends are no longer weekends, all of the stuff that piles up through the week gets pushed to the weekend! I have two boys Tyler is 13 and Hunter is 9 and can I throw in my husband?? Just kidding!! They keep me busy!! I hope you get better soon!

Took it easy today and the spa day was FABULIOUS!! Tuesday its back to home workouts and Wednesday or Thursday back to the gym.

Liz

Today was Joey and I did TBS, abs and stretches. Walked Rolly for 30 min.

Michelle, Great job on the long walkabout with Ripken, and on 10-10-10. One of my most enjoyable workouts. :) I agree, there is nothing more to help DOM's than a workout.:D

Laura, With all the errands and stuff you had to do over the weekend I'm surprised you got it all done, let alone had a weekend. You Were Busy! Hope they hire someone for the desk soon. I do bake with whole grains. I used white Whole Wheat, but only about a cup of it. I like the white look to the bread. Your lunch sounds wonderful! Do you think you could be allergic to wheat? I guess lots of people are.

Liz, You deserve to take it easy today. I'm glad you enjoyed the spa. I know after being knocked, kicked and punched that a spa would do the trick.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Wow, a little bit quiet today! I had to search for the check in a bit. Today was a bit busy with a lot of house work that I needed to catch up on. However, it was not that bad since my husband did help out over the weekend. Today, I wanted to do something a bit different but challenging and I did Cathe's Get in Shape for Wedding. I like this workout because it keeps you moving on your feet and that is good for boxing since you are ALWAYS moving and trying to dodge punches. My trainer came by and asked if I was going to be coming in this week so we can get started on my next fight. Tomorrow is mostly going over my opponent and how to fight her and what my trainer expects of me.

Janie: Sounds like you had a good workout.

Liz

Great walkabout with my pup this morning--a medium walk today followed by Cross Train Express Leaner Legs. This past week or so, I've done one of Cathe's leg workouts about every third day: GS Legs, B&G, and today Leaner Legs. And yes, I'm feeling it--my glutes were cramping up on me this afternoon at work. Kept having to stand up to stretch. I guess that's why tomorrow is a scheduled stretch day.

Laura: Yes, this has been a good rotation. Sometimes I wonder how Cathe comes up with the rotations. She seems to know how to order the workouts to maximize the work. And yes, times are still tough. I know the economic indicators show that we are out of the recession, but I just don't see it. Once federal government cuts start, contractors are going to be cutting staff. It's only a matter of time. Okay--I'll stop be a gloomy gus. Sounds like you've got a new resolve going on your eating habits. Good for you!

LixBoxer: are you already getting ready for another fight? How long do you go between fights. And I don't have children, but I understand about feeling like weekends are nonexistent.

Janie: puppy walkabouts are the best, aren't they? Little Rolly is so lucky to have you for his mommy.

~michelle

Tomorrow we will have our grandson spend several days with us, then the next day we will have my Dad. Awesome times. Walked Rolly for 30 min. I better get some longer ones in before the rains come.

Liz, Sometimes there is quite here, but don't let that bother you, it happens from time to time. I should do some Cleanmax too. Maybe tomorrow after our workout. I have Getting In Shape For Your Wedding. You are lucky to have this one, they are rare. How cool that you are already training for your next fight. You can't be to ready.

Michelle, Fantastic job on the walkabout with Ripken. Yes, I love my walks with Rolly. We both are good mommies Also great job on CTE Leaner Legs. You need to do more stretches or use the roller. Both are good do together. That is if you have the time.:confused:

Have a good one,

Janie

Today after a nice long walk with my pup, I did all three stretches from total body stretching. Cathe seems to know when to put those stretch days in. I feel so much better now. I;ve been working at home this morning and will change my clothes to go to Quantico to give a brief at 1:30. Then, I will head in to the office. The days go by fast when you are busy and having fun. Yes, I know I'm weird; I think work is fun.

Janie: you are in for a busy few weeks. Enjoy the time with your grandson and your dad. Gosh--you are getting both ends of the age spectrum. Is it getting to be rainy season again in Washington? It seems like it rains alot there. You would have gotten a kick out of Ripken this morning. He often goes downstairs about half way through my workouts to get some water. Then he comes back up and hangs out with me while I'm exercising. This morning, he came up while I was doing the 3rd stretch from TBS (on the ball) and he positioned himself in such a way that I could stretch and love on him at the same time.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Michelle

I figured I would pop in before I have to pick up my son at football practice. Anyway, today I started training for my next fight it was very basic stuff today going over who my opponent is how she fights, my training routine, and what my trainer expects of me while training and during the fight. That took about 90min and than we did an hour of cardio, 30min of weight training, 45min of speed and heavy bag work and time with the focus mitts, and than three rounds of sparring. Anyway, I think I have a good chance in this fight and I'm looking forward to it.

Janie: Have a great time with the family. Glad you got some time in before the rain came. Get in Shape for Wedding is a great workout and I like doing it after a fight to keep up on my foot work.

Michelle: No, that does not sound weird that you like work! I think it is GREAT that you like your job. Good job with the walk and stretching.

Liz

My battery is about to die! But I wanted to quickly check in and say I am finally back to working out a little bit! Yahoo!! :)

Tuesday I did my beginner Pilates, but I I'd walk around the room a lot, but it was a nice way to ease into it. Today I felt the best I have in awhile (88% better) I had two private Pilates clients in Boulder than picked up the girls, dashed to my mom's where they got ready for bailey and I packed the dar with left over twin sale stuff, dropped the girls up and drove up the hill, dropped the stuff off at my house than off to the Rec center to teach my Total Tone class. It felt so good to lift weights again! I also cleaned up my mom's place this morning before my clients,so all in all a very productive day?

My darling grandson is here with us. Such an adorable baby. I put a diaper on him and took him in the hot tub with me. At only 98 degrees. He loved it! However the diapers they brought with him took in about 5 times the water. Can you imagine a diaper that full? It was falling off him so I just took it off and placed it on the deck. It exploded with all these little slimy wet crystals all over the place. What a mess to clean up. Later after that event had passed put him in a dry diaper. When I thought it was time to change him again, I did, only this time there were these little slimy crystals in his diaper. It (the diaper) happened to tear and again, what a mess to clean up. I couldn't wash it away wo easily this time. I hate these diapers. LOL. Hope I have better diaper changing from here on out. We'll see. :rolleyes:

As we just got started with out exercises, they (our children and grandson) came on in, so we didn't really even start today. We missed out on our exercises. Not even a walk with Rolly. O well, such as life.

Michelle, Great job on your walk with Ripken and the three stretches. Good girl! You are so lucky to have a job you enjoy. I'm glad. We've been having wonderful weather here lately. But it won't last. Soon it will be our rainy season. Probably will hit hard in the next few weeks or so. You know, Rolly does that with Joey and I. He waits until the weight lifting session is over and also waits after the ab work,(except he gets the ball, goes on the couch and drops it ion Joey's face, runs after it and does it all over again, and again and again) Too funny! He seems to know when we do are stretches and comes for lovin. How do they know these things? It's so cool.

Liz, Wow they train you well don't they. That's amazing. I've lost count of the time you spent doing your exercises. Seems to me a long time. My fingers and toes will be crossed and will be cheering you on when you win the next fight.:D

Laura, Great job on the easing in on Pilates, and Total Tone class. I'd say not only was your day productive, but busy! Glad you are feeling much better.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.