Foxy Fusionistas - March :)

5/2:: Unscheduled Rest Day.

5/3:: X3 Eccentric Upper (good stuff!) and the first 3 days of the FB Burpee Challenge all crammed into one session - a set of 5, 10 and 15 burpees with short rests in between.

5/4:: Twenty minutes of band work for shoulders legs n butt and the twenty burpees from the challenge.

5/5:: I did a ten min core, chest and back tubing circuit, tam ab lwr body only wearing ankle weights and last but not least 8@10/20 of spd squat shldr press. It was a burpee challenge rest day.

Hi Katie. :)

Sorry for kinda goin' MIA on you for a few days there...:(

This morning's work out was Tracy Anderson's Perfect Design Series Level 2, lower body only. Yeowzas! Not only did it hit my legs and butt but also my obliques! No complaints on that one! :D I was supposed to do 20 burpees for my challenge but I forgot :rolleyes: so if I don't do them later I will do 2 days worth trmw morning which is 45 burpees!!! :eek:

Tmrw I hope to do the remainder of the Tracy video I started today...I didn't have time to finish it but I know I had at least abs and arms left to do. If I don't have 45 burpees to do, I will also hope to have time for some cardio conditioning as well!

I have some nice DOMS today from yesterday's tube circuit. Makes me happy! :)

Great work outs, Katie! Awesome job progressing on your pull ups! That's so exciting isn't it!? :D

I saw the video on FB of you and your friend laying down in that cold creek water. I had no sound on my pc so I didn't hear what you were saying but just watching you in that water made me cold! I couldn't do it. I HATE cold water!!!!:eek:

So I think I've lost my mind but it's such a damn great bargain, I couldn't pass it up! :p I signed up for Cathe's video streaming! Now I am definitely selling all of her dvds that I have! I also need to get myself a cord that allows me to play the vids on my tv instead of just on my pc. I'm excited! This could get me back on Cathe bandwagon! :)

That's all for now.
BBL!:cool:

There you are!!! I was wondering what happened to you. :) I started us a new thread for the month of May and I've been checking in over there by myself. I was starting to get a complex. LOL! I don't care if you want to continue using this thread or move over to the new one. Frankly, if it is just the two of us we can probably start a "2014" thread and use it for the rest of the year!

Speaking of just the two of us, I hope Wiggie is doing okay. I've been thinking about her a lot lately. I can't imagine what she is going through right now.

I am so glad you signed up for Cathe streaming!! I am eager to hear your thoughts on the system. I thought about it, but I am not really doing workout DVDs at the moment. That will change this summer I am sure when I cut back on running for a few months. Let me know what you think!!!

45 burpees = torture. Yeah...good luck with that. :D :D :D

Great job with your workouts!! The fact that you have DOMS is evidence that you are definitely doing something right. I swear (I) bands and (II) stretching/yoga both give me awful DOMS. Guess I should be doing more of those, lol!

I have a secret to tell you...the water was not that cold. ;) It was cool, but not freezing. We lucked out that I happened to get challenged on a rather warm day. I would have done it either way, of course, because it was for charity. But the warmer weather made the "challenge" much more doable. Now I am starting to feel guilty though. Maybe we should all repeat the challenge in January. :confused:

BBL! :)

I am not sure which thread we are using to check-in at the moment, so i'll just post my workout report in both places. :)

Yesterday's CrossFit workout was CRAPPY! I've been having good workouts lately, so I knew a crappy one was bound to occur soon. After the warm-up we did 3RM snatch from the floor. This is one of the most complex CrossFit moves and I still struggle with it. I'm still not getting my form perfect, but it is getting better. After that, we did 1x3@95% and 90%. Finally, the WOD was a 12 minute AMRAP of: 30 overhead KB walking lunges; 10 toes-to-bar; 30 KB snatches; and 15 v-sits. I got through 2 rounds + 7 reps. I was able to do 10 true toes-to-bar (5 each round). Before yesterday the most I had done was 3. :)

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.