Foxy Fusionistas - March :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
TA Meta Abcentric Day 1 done!:D :eek:

30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of muscle work.

The cardio is bouncy jumping hopping kicking skipping type stuff. Fun but exhausting and confusing at times....

The muscle work was standing arm work without weights first and then with. That was followed by standing waist work, then floor work for abs (crunch city) and the finally a bunch of butt-cramping stuff done on your hands and knees....:eek:

I enjoyed it but I am leery of doing just this for 90 days. I always get paranoid when weight training isn't in the picture for an extended period of time even though I have no experience to back up that negative feeling!:rolleyes:

That being said, it was a definite challenge! Not easy by any means so I am going to give it a fair chance by doing the rotation as is for atleast a month before I make any decisions as to if I want to change/add/subtract anything from the rotation. :)

Did I mention how flipping sore I am going to be tmrw???? :eek:

Last edited:
Day 2 is done and I was rollerblading for two+ hours last night as well! OMG! I am shocked that I am still upright!:p

Day 3 is done! It was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

So I ordered a used set of TA Meta Hip the other day off of Amazon. I now have 6 months of non stop agony ahead of me! :p

Katie:: DH was flipping channels y'day and stopped on the Crossfit games. I could have sworn I saw you! :)

Last edited:
Hi girlies!!

Whew, we got some rough weather here yesterday/last night. I didn't go in to work today. There's no way I could have made it; the roads are just now passable. Saturday I went on a 5 mile run, my longest to date, at a 10 minute/mile pace. I was happy with my performance, but my IT band/knee really started to hurt during the last 1/2 mile. I'm going to try to be extra diligent using my foam roller this week.

Yesterday I did Cathe's original Bootcamp workout. I omitted two of the leg segments because my legs were really tired from Saturday's run. I also went on a 20 minute easy walk and did a foam roller stretch.

Today is still up in the air. I'm supposed to go to CrossFit today at 5:00 pm, but don't know if i'll make it. I also can't run outside because of the snow/ice and I don't think my knee/IT band can handle the treadmill. I may end up doing a kickboxing workout...we will see! :)

Wendy: Thanks so much for starting our March thread!! I always forget about that. :rolleyes: Glad you're enjoying your new workouts. When I see the word "brutal" in a review I know the workout system must be spectacular! :) It sounds to me like body is enjoying the change. Keep at it, girl!

Hello Ladies & congrats re the scale!! :) It is 3/3 8:45pm actually.

Friday's workout was a 20 minute Firm workout called Ignite Sculpt, Saturday was the Challenge from X3, it's alternating different variations of pull ups & pushups. You pick your number of each for eight rounds. Sunday I did two, CVX which is cardio with weights & The Warrior which is a bodyweight workout. That completed week one. ;) I got off work late tonight so no workout.:mad:

Katie: Great job on the ropes, sounds tough!!:eek: Five miles!! I am very impressed, keep up the good work! Has the weather improved? If you have to go out please be careful.

Wendy: Keep the reviews coming! I have to admit I am a little shocked that you find TA's workouts brutal. She doesn't look like a brutal type of gal:p. I really underestimated her. :confused: I feel the same way about systems that don't include weights.

Last edited:
Hello.

Yesterday's workout consisted of 30 minutes of Party Rocking Step #1, 4x4 front squats (85#) and a 10 minute AMRAP (15/12/9 of power snatches (45#) and toes-to-bar...burpee box jumps with the time left). It took me about 8 minutes to do the snatches and TTB, which left me with 2 minutes of burpee box jumps (I think I did approximately 15 BBJ in the 2 minutes).

Bad news - I think I pulled a muscle in my lower back. Last night I couldn't stand up straight and kept having back spasms. I took a pain pill which didn't completely get rid of the pain but eased it enough that I could sorta move. Needless to say I did not sleep much last night. I did not go to work today. I don't think I could have handled sitting in a desk chair for 8 hours, plus driving is painful. My sister is taking me to the chiropractor this afternoon. Hopefully that will help. My plan as of now is to take the next couple of days off, maybe the rest of the week. I'm just going to play it by ear.

Wiggie: Excellent workouts over the weekend! The X3 Challenge workout sounds really interesting! Very unique. One week down...how many to go? Thanks for the praise regarding the scale. I'm glad that the scale is finally cooperating. ;) I think the running has helped me get off a few of those pesky holiday pounds. The weather has improved. At least the roads are clear today. I am actually a fan of winter, but I'm so over it this year! :rolleyes::)

Hi Ladies. :)

Day 4 is in the bag! :D

I switched up the cardio today for my poor calves' sake. Did 2 rounds of 8@30/30 and 1 round of 8@20/10 of the following exercises but I changed the order every time....light weight hand to hand swings, skaters, plank to push ups, alt lunges, burpees with pu but no jump, suicides, low impact jacks, speed squats. My calves are already feeling a bit better for it!

Tmrw I will try this alternate TA cardio that I downloaded off of you tube. It's high impact but looks much easier to modify then the Meta cardio... Tracy Anderson Transform 1 Cardio - YouTube

Katie:: Oh no! :eek: You poor thing! I hope your back is on the mend soon! Luckily the snow storm we were supposed to get y'day passed us by. Only got a dusting. :)

Wiggie:: So what did you think of the X now that you've done some of the work outs?? I don't have much else to review re: TA right now...I don't switch to a different muscular work out until I've done this one another 6 times!!!! :eek: I do love it though!:D

Hola Chicas. :)

So I did Day 5 this morning! I took far less breaks during the muscle work out and Oh My was my body yelling at me for it! :eek:;) It was crazy hard but I made it through! For cardio I did the alternate work out I posted about y'day. Loved it! Much easier to modify then the cardio that comes with Meta. I alternated between jumping and grounding it. Got a great work out and my calves are no worse for the wear. :)

This morning my Meta Hip arrived in the mail! :D Now I'm on the look out for a good deal on Meta Glute. What is wrong with me!?!? :p

BBL!:cool:

Okay, TA week 1 is in the bag! :D For this morning's cardio I did 8@30/30 of squat presses and plank to push ups followed by ten minutes of meta cardio. I was whooped when I was done!

Going to pick up my reserved copy of Meta-Glute at lunch today!:D

Hello.

Sorry I have not been checking in this week. Nothing to report except a few walks with my dog. I'm not allowed to workout for at least another week (as ordered by my doctor). Well, not allowed to do strenuous exercise that is. The pain gets a little better each day, though still not back to normal. I'm going to keep resting until Sunday. Then, if the back is better, i'm going to start doing yoga, light stretching, maybe a few easy, short runs (1-2 miles). Any other ideas on workouts I can do that won't bother my lower back? I was thinking maybe light upper body weights. What do you all think?

Wendy: I'm living vicariously through you, so keep up the awesome workouts!! I'm glad you're enjoying your new TA workouts. They sound like so much fun. And hard! That's the golden combo right there. :p;) Enjoy Meta-Glutes this weekend (we know you're going to have to try it out). Did you find a copy at a library or something? I just noticed you said your "reserved" copy. If you're not careful you're going to go meta-crazy soon! Okay, bad joke I know, LOL! :)

Today is my rest day. I honestly don't want to take one but I'll be good!:p

Weighed and measured my BF today since it's Friday and I am pleased one again...weight is down.8 and BF is down .4. I don't care that the losses are not big. I just care that they are losses. :)

Katie:: Whatever you might decide to do other then walking, doing sitting in a chair with back support. I wouldn't push it though. Let it heal.

G'Morning! :)

I am going to have a whirlwind of a day today! Working 9-11, home for a quick lunch, nail appointment at 12:30, should be home nlt 2:00, quick snack, work out, shower & off to mom's for dinner. Phew! I won't stop running til I get home about 8:30 tonight! :eek:

So I've been hemming and hawing over my rotation. I originally wanted to do a strict TA rotation (and still do!) but it's probably not a good idea as I have a Spartan Race coming up in May and do NOT want to be ill-prepared for it so this is what I've come up with as a rotation to fit everything in::

TA Muscular Structure w/o(30m)
TA Cardio (30m)
***Alternated With***
Weighted Circuit (15-20m)
TA Muscular Structure w/o(30m)
Conditioning Circuits(10-15m)

So that's one hour of work 6 days a week and I get everything in! :D

Ok, gotta scram!

Hey Ladies,

Y'day's work out was a doozey and I have the DOMS to show for it!:eek: My biceps, posterior shoulders and overall legs are sore. :)

This is what I did....

15 mins of alternating Turkish get ups for a total of 26 reps.

TA Muscular Structure dvd.

The following conditioning circuits:
10@30/30 of heavy one arm kb swings
4@20/20 of plank to push up and speed squat with one arm shoulder press
4@20/20 of burpees and jumping jacks holding light dbs. (the interval timer was set for 8 rounds for the 2nd two and I just switched exercises half way through)

Hi ladies!

I'm slowly getting back in the swing of things. Saturday I did the warm-up and first combo from RapidFire Results (lots of modifications). Then I did the metabolic weights and abs from that same DVD (more modifications), and I finished with a segment of Namaste Yoga.

Yesterday's was my first day without active pain in my back, so I did what any normal person recovering from an injury would do...I went on a 5.5 mile run. It felt fantastic!!!! :eek: Truly the run did not bother my back at all.

This morning I did X10: Low Impact and Fat Burning Circuit. I modified several moves to take pressure off my back. I still felt like I got a good workout. I wanted to do yoga afterwards but the workout was 42 minutes and I only allotted 45 minutes this morning to workout. I didn't think 3 minutes of yoga would be that effective. :p My back is a little sore feeling this morning. I find that squats, planks, etc. seem to irritate it, so i'm going to try and avoid those type moves for another week.

Wendy: Thanks for holding the fort down this past week! I don't know what we would do without you around here. :) I can't believe you did Turkish get ups for 15 minutes. After about 5 minutes of those i'm wiped out! You're such a rockstar!! Wow, you did have a whirlwind of a day on Saturday. But it sounds like a fun day! Hopefully you were able to rest and recover a bit on Sunday. I really like your planned workout schedule. It's definitely a lot, but I think it's worth alternating the workouts. Especially considering your upcoming Spartan Race!! Where is the race being held? I'm still deciding about signing up for the Indiana Spartan Race. I thought we might be in Ukraine by that time (it's at the end of April) but it looks like now we won't be leaving until the end of May. Do you think I should do it?? :)

Hello Ladies!!

Sorry about being MIA last week. Our EMS symposium was from Thursday-Sunday & I was busy preparing for it. I also had to make sure I left the office in tip top shape to handle my absence. Sometimes they act like I'm the only one who works there.:mad: We had a really great time. I ate out at Captain Benjamin's(a seafood buffet) Thursday night, one of our vendors took us to California Dreaming Friday night & Saturday we went to the House of Blues. Needless to say I'm going to have to do damage control this week.:eek:

My workouts went like this:
Mon: worked late
Tue: Total Synergistics/Burn/X3 Yoga
Wed: Agility X
Thu: Fire 55
Fri: ran 4 miles(I should have done less since I haven't run in a while, my right hamstring was sore.:(
Sat: went for a walk
Sun: Tons of housework when I got home. With DH being sick I'm the only one who cleans.

Katie: So sorry to hear about your back, you are really recovering quickly. I guess that's one of the perks of being so fit. Someone less fit would have been sidelined much longer. As far as your race be careful, I don't want you to re-injure your back. X3 is a 90 day rotation, so I have a ways to go unless I do doubles, which I really need to do after the weekend I had.:D:rolleyes: :p

Wendy: Still loving TA I see.;) & the scale still moving in the right direction.:) If I find a deal, I mean a really good deal, I might take a look. Of course I'll wait untill you finish the rotation & post your results. You will do great with your race no matter what rotation you do. I really like X3, & I really like Tony!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey Ladies. :)

Well it looks like my calves have made peace with TA Dance Cardio because I did it y'day and they are fine today! Everything else hurts though! :p

This morning's work out was a 15 weight circuit of single leg squat curl press, reverse and side slide lunges alternated, one arm db rows, wide band squats and one arm renegade row with push up. It was timed...20@15 rest/30 work. I did it all on one side then all on the other, wash rinse and repeat. Then TA muscular structure work out and last but not least 2 rounds of 8@10/20 tabata using skaters and bear crawls for the first one and weighted jacks and speed squats for the second one. I was wiped out when I was done. :D

Tmrw is my final go around with this particular TA muscular work out and I will do Dance Cardio as well. Then things get interesting....:eek:

BBL for personals!:cool:

Hi Ladies.

Today I did my 10th and final TA 1-10 work out and intervalled it with 5 mins of jumping rope x 4 rounds. :) Tmrw I officially start TA Hip! I have them all now so I had to pick one and that's what I chose...at least for now!;) Wish me luck! :eek:

Good morning!

Yesterday I went on a 3 mile run after work. Whew. Not a good run day. It was a beautiful 75 degrees here yesterday but man it felt like 100+ when I was running. Clearly i'm not used to running in warm weather yet. :)

This morning I did about 50 minutes of High Step Challenge focusing on cardio, biceps, triceps, shoulders, and core. I modified all high impact to low impact. Jumping tends to still irritate my back a bit, and I really don't want to push it too hard too fast. I really enjoyed the workout and worked up a nice sweat. Sometimes I forget that Cathe workouts are just so much fun!

Did you all see that collage video is going out of business?? So sad. :( I'm not really using my workouts DVDs near as much but I might buy a few anyway if I can get them at rock bottom prices.

Wiggie: Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time at the EMS Symposium. I bet it was a nice change of pace, too. And all that fabulous food, YUM!! You're always so spot on that i'm sure your damage control period will be short lived. :) Great job with your workouts last week, too! I'm impressed with your 4 mile run. It took me 2 months of regular running to hit 4 miles. I'm such a wimp, lol! :D

Wendy: Congrats on finishing TA 1-10 and good luck with TA Hip! How many TA workouts are there, btw? Glad your calves are finally at peace with TA. I bet they won't be much longer now that you are starting a new TA series. :p

Hi.

Collage Video is going out of business. They are having a pretty good sale as a result if you are interested in taking a peek! I picked up 4 more TA dvds as a result! ;)

This morning I did 12 mins of alternating get ups followed by 20@15/30 of stork, goblet reverse lunge, modified pull up, lower body band myagi & SB pu & forward roll and last but not least 10@30/30 one arm swings!

BBIAFM with personals!:cool:

ETA:: I read your post about collage after I posted, Katie! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.