Foxy Fusionistas - March :)

Wendy: CONGRATS on the training job!! That's exciting! Is it a full-time or part-time job?? Will you be leaving one of your other jobs? I am so happy for you!! I know you've been stressed lately. Perfect timing!

I gotta run but will BBL or in the morning to report my workout and finish up with personals. :)

I haven't worked out yet even though I have the day off from work. Shame on me. :eek: I DO intend to do it tonight though. Hopefully I don't flake out!:rolleyes:

Thanks Katie. :cool: I am going to be quitting the full time law firm job. The gym will be part time at the gym and I will be keeping my hours and possible increasing them a bit a the studio I work at now. So basically I will work anywhere from 9:00-1:00 at the gym and then anywhere from 4:00-8:00 at the studio. That's on weekdays. On weekends I work at the studio on Saturday mornings usually just an hour or two so I am not sure if I want to give the gym a few hours after I leave the studio on Saturday if I want to give the gym a few hours on Sunday afternoons instead. Whatever I decide to start out with a the gym can be adjusted as needed after I see how it goes!:)

BBL with my work out!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Katie!:)

Well I did not flake out on Friday. It was late but my work out got done! I did the push pull challenge (deadlifts and chest press) and X3 MMX!

Y'day I worked out late as well so I didn't have time to do TAM in full but I did part of it....Push Pull Challenge (push ups and negative inverted rows) and TAM ab 41-50 lower body only. YIKES! What a work out! I am SORE!:):eek::):eek:

Today's plan is the challenge which has yet to be determined and an X3 work out. I am thinking I may give Eccentric Lower a shot. :)

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning!

Sorry I was MIA all weekend, but I truly do not have much to report. Thursday's CrossFit workout was 5 rounds of running (200 meters); deadlifts (10 reps, 115#), and 30 sit-ups. Not too bad. Friday I ran 9 miles. It was AWFUL! Several factors played into that, the primary being (ii) the increased heat and (ii) my failure to properly hydrate prior to the run. Lesson learned. I didn't actually workout at all on Saturday and Sunday. I had such a busy but fun weekend. This morning I did 6x400 meter intervals. In between each interval I briskly walked 200 meters. I also did abs, a regular stretch, and a foam roller stretch.

Wendy, I am so excited for your new career path!! You've worked hard to get to this point, and you deserve it. It sounds like you are going to be super busy but if you are doing something that you love it will totally be worth the time and effort. Nice job not flaking out on your Friday workout. ;) I was off work, too, and still struggled to find the time to get in my run. Better late than never, right? :p Are you still feeling the soreness from Friday's fun? Did you like MMX? I am always looking for new kickboxing/martial arts workouts. I LOVE combat, but wish it was slightly more intense. :eek: I've got my fingers crossed they come out with a Combat 2!!!

Hi Katie!

Y'day ended up being a rest day from the Push Pull Challenge by unanimous vote but I still did X3 Eccentric Lower.

This morning was Waist, Abs & only one side of lower body on TAM Ab 51-60 as I wasn't a fan of the moves and was short on time anyway. Followed it up with the push pull challenge (pull overs and overhead tricep extensions) and (2) four minute tabata rounds. 1st round was kb swings. 2nd round was spd squats w/shoulder press.

Tmrw is my rest day and then I will commit to a Meta to do the "right" way instead of skipping around. ;) Still continuing with X3 as well and the challenge. :)

Katie:: Thanks for the good luck wishes on the new adventure! I'm very excited but soooo nervous too! The waiting is going to kill me - three more weeks!:eek: Sorry about the crappy run. It happens. You'll have a better one next time!:)

Morning Wendy!

Three cheers for DOMS!!!! .... Okay, it is way too early for that much enthusiasm. I need more coffee. ;) *sip sip* Better.

Did you enjoy your rest day yesterday? Did you actually rest this time? :D;):p Just teasing. You've got so many different workout programs going on. How do you keep it all straight?? The next three weeks are going to go by so stinking fast. And then you'll be out of that crazy law office and changing bodies into hardcore fighting machines all over New Jersey.

Yesterday's CrossFit workout involved more squats. Stupid stupid squats. For some reason I keep going on squat day. :rolleyes: Anyway, we started with 50 butt kicks, 50 high knees, and a bunch of static stretches. Then we did the following:

Back Squat: 1x8@70% (90#), 1x6@80% and 80% (100#, 105#)

Front Squat: 1x5@70%, 75%, and 80% (85#, 90#, 95#)

WOD: 3 rounds for time, max reps each exercise: 1:00 of pull-ups/dips; 1:00 of burpees; 1:00 of kb swings (26#); 1:00 rest.

Hi Katie!:)

This morning's push/pull challenge was single leg balance bicep curls and alternating med ball push ups. I did the first minute of X3 Pilates and immediately got frustrated with it and shut it off. I moved onto Cross Fire Circuit Blast Premix and did it up to but not including the Jack Push Ups.

Yesterday's complete rest day went out the window when I got to the studio last night, was alone there and had time to kill before my client showed up. :rolleyes: Ended up doing 2 conditioning intervals totaling 14 mins using ropes, med ball slams and KB swings. :p

Tmrw should be the P/P Challenge and TA Meta.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Katie! I'm getting very excited especially since giving my notice this morning!:D:D:D Nice work out you did! Now what's your b*tch with squats? They are good for the buns so you should never complain about them!;)

So the training mgr at the gym who I am going to work for told me this morning that he spoke to HIS boss and was able to get me started at a $1.00 more an hour then what they usually pay to start! WOO HOO! Made me happy!:D

Good morning!!

Yesterday's workout was a 4 mile run. Nice and easy. My sister ran most of it with me so I slowed my pace waaaaay down (like 13 min/mile). She wanted to give up around mile 2 but I kept talking to her and got her through 3.3 miles ( finished off the last .7 myself). I am so proud of her for pushing through! Today is back to CrossFit after work. :)

Oh wow! A pay increase already?!?!? You haven't even started yet. Dang...you must be good! ;):p A $1.00 more on the hour is going to make a noticeable difference. I'm so happy for you! I have a love/hate relationship with squats. I don't necessarily mind them, but as the weight gets heavier I find myself leaning forward too much. I'm trying so hard to fix it, but just can't seem to get it right. GRRRR! I LOL at your "rest" day workout. ;)

Yesterday's CrossFit workout was a little on the easy side. 2,000 meters rowing; 5x4 push press (55#); 5x5 barbell row (55#); and 2 minute L-Sit (I had to break this up into 3 parts until I got to 2 minutes). That's it! Not too bad. Today's CrossFit workout looks a little more intense. Be back tomorrow to report the fun! :)

Happy Friday Katie! :)

I had the day off y'day to get stuff done for the new job. I put off my work out until the afternoon thinking I'd have plenty of time for it. Well, things took longer then expected AND I had to work at the studio last night so I had no time to work out after all....

That being said, I combined the lower body P/P challenge of y'day (alternating upper and lower days as of y'day) and the upper of today by doing deadlift to rows and squat presses. I followed it up with 20 minutes (not including warm up) of X3 Triometrics which I really enjoyed!:)

Tmrw will be TAM Ab 11-20. Decided to stick with Ab for a while. After all, it IS the original Meta that I purchased and so far, I have barely done it!:rolleyes:

Katie:: Yes, excessive forward lean during a squat is not a habit that you want to get in to. Here's a good article with some tips on how to correct it if you are interested! :) How to Avoid Leaning Forward on Squats | StrongLifts
I think the mgr at the gym bumped me b/c I'm taking a leap of faith and quitting a full time job to do this. I think my wilingness to eat dog food until I get enough clients to earn a decent paycheck earned me that extra buck!:p

Last edited:
Hello Katie.:)

So yesterday I worked from 8-10 at the studio, then we did a Band Workshop from 1030-1130. Home for lunch after that and to work on a client's program for today (2:00pm appointment), short nap, work out and then out to dinner with the family. Busy day!

My work out was TAM Ab 11-20 and X3 Decelerator.

Would like to double up again today if I have time!

How about you?

Good Morning!

You can tell it is a Monday morning around here. Storms are raging outside! Yuck x2.

I did more squats at CrossFit on Friday. Back Squat: 1x10@60%, 65% and 1x8@ 70%, 75%. Front Squat: 1x5@60%, 65% and 2x5@70%. After that I did the following WOD for time: 12-15-9 of handstand pushups and power clean & push jerk (55#).

Saturday I went on a 10 mile run. This time I made sure to hydrate and eat properly before the run and I went so much smoother than last week. It was still hard, of course, but I felt much stronger. I also tried Gu Rocktane(sp?) for the first time and loved it.

Sunday was my rest day. :)

Wendy:So what all do you have to do to prepare for the new job? I can't imagine what it entails. Tons of stuff i'm sure. Well, at least if you are stuck eating dog food it has lots of protein, right? ;):p:D If you get desperate let me know and i'll mail you care packages. I'm somewhat of a decent cook. :) Gesh you did have a busy day yesterday! Were you able to double up on your workout? Thanks for the link about how to avoid leaning forward when squatting. I try to be conscious of it, but can definitely use all the help I can get!!

Hi Katie. :)

Y'day's work out was X3 Total Synergistics. I loved it!!! :) (Not enough time to double up again though. Booh. :()

This morning I ended up with a lot less time then I planned on having so all I had time for was an AMRAP and TAM Ab 11-20 Lower Body Right Side Only. I will have to do the rest of it and even up the lower body tmrw. :rolleyes: The AMRAP was a good combo of upper/lower body. I started with 5 minutes of lateral band push ups and lateral band squats and then did the 2nd 5 minutes with negative inverted rows and the lateral band squats again. Nice burn! :)

So IDK if I told you but in addition to the studio and the gym, I also applied to an online company that sends trainers to clients homes....well I got my first client and trained him for the first time y'day afternoon. I was a ball of nerves for days prior but it went perfectly fine. Phew! :) I will be training him 1x per week through July and part of August. He wants assistance in preparing for the physical test to become of Corrections Officer.

Katie:: Woo hoo for a ten miler! You rock! :D That's a solid base for a half mary. Just so you know, you don't need to run any further then that during training! It's really not necessary. :) So how did you do with controlling your forward lean during those squats on Friday?? LOL- Awwww. Thank you for offering to feed me if I get desperate during the job transition! ;) Sorry about the yucko weather. We will be getting some as well in a couple days. :mad: At least the weekend was nice...

Hi Ms. Wendy!

Way to rock X3 Total Synergistics yesterday! I am glad you are enjoying X3 so much. Did you ever get X2? I remember you said you were buying it from another Cathlete, but I can't remember if you received it/previewed it yet. So are you walking lopsided this morning from working half of your lower body ? :p I have actually forgotten to do the other side before (for example - do right lunges but fail to do left lunges). :rolleyes: High five on a successful first solo training session. Wow!!! Scary yet super exciting! What a cool concept.

My plan is to get up to 12 miles before the race. I fear if I don't run at least 12 miles prior to the race i'll mentally psych myself out (if that makes sense). I've actually got 2 races this weekend - a 10k on Saturday and a 5k on Sunday. Then next weekend my plan is to run 11 miles, then next 12 miles, and then i'll "taper" for 2 weeks leading up to the race. I'm already nervous! :rolleyes:

Yesterday's CrossFit workout was tough. After the warm-up we spent 10 minutes determining our 3 rep max mid-hang squat clean. Mine was 65 pounds. Then we did 1x3@95% (60#) and 1x3@90% (55#). Finally, the WOD was 3 rounds for time of: 35 goblet squats (35# KB); 7 pull-ups (assisted of course); 7 dips; and 10 power cleans (55#). Those goblet squats about took me out!! My legs are sore today.

This morning I decided to do something I have not done in several months - a Cathe workout! :) I did the warm-up, plyo tabata, and firewalker tabata from CrossFire followed by the upper body/abs segments of Athletic Training. Good stuff!!

"See" you tomorrow!

Hey Katie! :)

Happy armpit of the week day to you!:p

This morning's work out work out was all of TAM Ab 11-20 EXCEPT for the leg I worked y'day :p and then all of X3 CVX! :)

OMG! Two races on back to back days?? :eek: I am not even that crazy! lol Good for you! :D

No, I did not get X2 after all. She upped her price and I wasn't biting. It's okay. I don't NEED it and am better off cutting down on the purchases for a while anyway until I make the job transition and get some clients on my schedule at the new place!

Nice job on your WOD. We use goblet squats a lot at the studio! Crossfire! I visited that one myself a couple times in the recent past!:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WENDY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

You're so lucky I am not really singing this, because I can't sing worth a lick. :D Enjoy your very special day!!

This morning's work out was X3 Incinerator and TAM Ab 11-20 (Abs and Lower Body).

Thanks for the B'day wishes Katie! :)

ETA on 5/1:: This morning my work out was short but not sweet! ;)
16@20r/40w of reverse lunges and swings with a 30#kb! Whooped my arse! I loved it! :D

Last edited:
Good morning!

Yesterday I ran 2 miles and then went to Crossfit. There, we spent 10 minutes working up to a 3 rep max squat snatch (mine is still 40#) and then we did 1x3@95% (37#)and 90% (35#). Finally, the WOD consisted of: 1 minute max effort handstand pushups; 1 min ME burpee box jumps; and 1 min ME double unders. Do all three exercises, rest 1 minute, and then repeat 3 more times.

Wendy: I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing, fantastic birthday yesterday! Did you all celebrate? Or are you celebrating this weekend? Do I see a trip to Atlantic City in your near future? ;):p Boo on not getting X2, but I understand your reasoning. Besides, it gives you something to look forward to in the future! Great job with your workouts! I am so impressed with you swinging that monster 30# kettlebell. My Crossfit box has a 26# KB and a 35#KB...nothing in between. I really need to just buy a 30# KB!!! I was not planning on running two races back to back, but I won free entry to the Saturday 10k and my sister begged me to run the Sunday 5k with her. The 5k is to benefit a company called Sweet Blessings that makes birthday cakes for underprivileged children and children facing terminal illnesses. It is such a worthy cause that I had to participate. Plus they give you free cake and ice cream at the finish line. SCORE! :)

TGIF!

Yesterday's CrossFit workout was a hodge podge of various exercises. My box has moved away from standard workouts on Thursdays and instead offers open gym time. A group of us got together yesterday and did the following:

Run 400 meters

2x10 pull-ups with the GREEN BAND! Yippee!! My box has 5 bands: blue, skinny black, green, large black, and purple - the blue being the hardest (least assistance) and the purple being the easiest (most assistance). A month or two ago I started using the large black band and yesterday I moved down to the green band. Progress!

Run 400 meters

planks - 1 minute regular plank; 1 min plank with left foot lifted; 1 min plank with right foot lifted; 45 sec right side plank; 45 second left side plank.

Run 400 meters

3x10 push-ups

Run 400 meters

Sit-ups: 10 regular sit-ups; something I can't remember; 10 regular sit-ups; 10 jack knives; 10 regular sit-ups; 20 cross-body side crunches (10 each side)

Run 400 meters

Rope climb - I LOVE climbing the rope! I tried to help others in my group with their technique. 2 started to figure it out; 2 did not. Oh well. :)

I'm resting today since I've got 2 races this weekend and a Derby party tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.