Foxy Fusionistas - March :)

Took me all day and almost all night to get my work out in but the important thing is that I did it!

3 sets of 10 reps of trx rows and push ups done circuit style. 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg of trx reverse foot elevated squats. 3 reps of 10 sec hold trx straight arm plank holds, 5 mins of jump rope (BURN!!!!), TA Meta Omni 11-20.

I changed my mind about waiting for the X to continue with Meta but I wanted something different so I decided to switch up Centrics. OUCH! :eek:

Still not quite sure how I'll combine P90x3 and Meta....If I knew I'd get in an hour work out every morning it would be easy but man it's getting tougher and tougher to get my azz movin' early enough for that!:confused:

Katie:: You don't need to run any father then 10 miles during training for an HM so I think you should go for it as long as you can hit that 10 mile mark before the race!:) Wow that's a long drive! Will you grab a hotel the night before the race? Ok, yes, now that you described it, I know what a split jerk is! I've seen it before!

Last edited:
My work out is done and a few words come to mind when I try to describe it....WTF was I thinking!?!?!?! 8-0
U/B mini circuit of push ups, 1/2 Kneeling curl and press R, 1/2 Kneeling curl and press L, Inverted Rows (10 reps of each x 3 rounds. 30 secs rest between rounds).
TAM Omni 11-20 arms.
5 mins jump rope....
Core mini circuit of 30 sec elbow plank, sb bridge w/lat roll R, repeat plank then sb bridge w/lat roll to left (10 reps of each x 3 rounds. 30 secs rest between rounds).
TAM Omni 11-20 waist/abs.
5 mins jump rope.
L/B mini circuit of single leg squat on1/2 foam roller R, side slide lunge on R, reverse slide lunge on R (10 reps of each x 3 rounds. 30 secs rest between rounds).
TAM Omni 11-20 lower body R.
L/B mini circuit of single leg squat on1/2 foam roller L, side slide lunge on L, reverse slide lunge on L (10 reps of each x 3 rounds. 30 secs rest between rounds).
TAM Omni 11-20 lower body L.
5 mins jump rope.

Hello!

The UK Wildcats are in the NCAA Championship, so it is indeed a good morning in my neck of the woods! :) I think this tournament is going to drive me to drinking. Clutch every game, stress out the roof, sore throat from yelling, late nights, OY! :p

Anyway, Saturday I participated in an 8k trail run. Good grief trail runs are hard!! My time was so much slower than usual (approximately 11:30-12:00/mile pace). But that's okay! It was a fun race and I enjoyed running in the great outdoors. Yesterday I ran 5x400 intervals at about an 8:00/mile pace. After each interval I would walk 200 meters. So, run 400 meters, walk 200 meters, repeat. After that I did 60 pushups (I forgot to do my 30 on Saturday), 10 minutes of medicine ball abs, and Stretch Max #2. All good stuff. :)

Wendy: I completely agree with your "what were you thinking" comment. Did you put together yesterday's madness? Yowza!! 5 minutes of jumping rope alone usually takes me out. I used to ALWAYS get in an hour workout (and sometime more) before work. Now, not so much! I can't remember the last time I did a 60 minute workout in the AM. I am sure whatever P90x3/Meta mish-mosh you come up with will be fabulous!

So...ask me if I can move today! :p I can but it's not easy! :eek:

This morning I did TA Omni 11-20 and the firewalker tabata premix from Crossfire. OUCHEES!!!!

Tmrw I start my X3/TA rotation as the X arrived a day earlier then expected! :D

Katie:: Congrats on your team making the Championship! Now lets hope that they win! Yeah, trail running will definitely slow you down if you aren't used to it. I'm always afraid of tripping/falling so I definitely go slower!!! So you raced on Saturday and did Sprints for your work out on Sunday? OMG! You go girl! :) Yes, I am responsible for putting together the madness of y'day's work out. The maddest part is that it took almost 2 hours! :eek: Thank goodness I was forced to take a short break about half way through to retrieve my son from Sunday School or it surely would have killed me! :p

Well, my Wildcats did not win last night. But that's okay. The team had one heck of an amazing year!!

So how are you feeling today Ms. Wendy? Able to move much? :p;) Great job getting your workout done despite the soreness. I shared your workout with my CrossFit buddies yesterday and they balked at how difficult it was (don't worry, I told them about your insane athletic abilities). I also told my CrossFit coach not to get any ideas...like incorporating your workout into a WOD next week. :p

Yesterday's CrossFit workout featured more running. After the usual warm-up we did 5x2 snatches. I am still only using 35 pounds, but I think my form is improving. After that we did 4 rounds of: 400 meter sprint + max rep handstand push-ups. I did approximately 6 HS push-ups each round.

Oh no, here comes the X + Meta madness!! :D Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Crossfitters think my work out sounds tough?! I'll take that as a compliment coz I think Crossfitters are CRAZY (in a good way ofcourse!;))!!!! LOL

This morning was TA Meta Omni 11-20 and P90X3 CVX (weighted cardio). Tough stuff! Used a very light weight for CVX because TA fries my shoulders and I don't want any more issues with that!:eek: Tony suggests not using anything heavier then a 12# DB for a strong man so I don't feel bad that I used a 3# one! :p

So anyway, I am doing the lean rotation and if I wake up late and can't fit in both TA and the X then I will make a decision at that point on how to adjust. I have a few options in mind but I'm not committing myself to anything in particular at this point coz I'll only jinx myself. :p

I also started the X rotation a few days into the first week so that my first X rest day will jive with my Meta rest day. Not that it's really a rest day anyway as this is the final week of the challenge where we rest from everything plus Meta but still do a TA work out of choice!:eek: So anyway, I will add the work outs I missed on at the end of the 3 week rotation segment.

Oh and yes, I am still sore!:eek:

Ok, wow that was a lot of rambling I did up there! Phew!:p

Sorry your team lost, Katie. I noticed the game was on as my DH was channel surfing and thought of you. :) Your CF work out sounds tough! Nice job!

Last edited:
Hello!

Here is yesterday's Crossfit workout:

Warm-Up: 3 rounds of - 5 burpees; 10 spidy; 10 banded good mornings. Stretches.

Back Squat: 1x8@70% of 1RM (90#); 1x6@75% of 1RM (95#); 1x4@80% of 1RM (100#)

Front Squat: 3x5@70% of 1RM (80#)

WOD: 5 Rounds of:
:45 second max rep C2B (strict, no kipping, though I kipped a little, oops).
:15 second rest
:45 second max rep rowing
:45 second max burpee box jumps

My poor legs are tired!!!

Haha! Most Crossfitters are crazy. You should see the weight some of these people throw around. It's nuts! I do Crossfit for fun, not competition, so I consider myself one of the sane ones (which is saying something really, lol). Sounds like you've got your rotation lined up and ready to go! I love that feeling. I just mapped out my running/CrossFit rotation for the next two months (leading up to my half marathon on May 31st). I feel so accomplished now! :p;)

Second day into X/Meta rotation and I already overslept!:eek: That being said, I did what I had time for which was Isometrix as per the X rotation and lower body only from Meta Omni 11-20. It wasn't easy even though it was cut short! My legs are very tired too!!!

Up next:: Agility X!!! Didn't I just say that my legs were tired!?!? :eek:

Katie:: What is kipping? I think I actually understood what the rest of your work out meant! I must be learning the lingo finally! ;):p

Good morning!

I am taking a rest day today. I know, it is not Friday. What is this world coming to? :p;)

Yesterday I ran 3 miles (28:31 - my best time yet) and then did 15 minutes of abs, 30 pushups, and extra stretching. I forgot to mention yesterday that after Tuesday's CrossFit class I also did my 30 pushups, abs, and stretching. So far I am right on target with the Spartan 30 pushups/day challenge.

Wendy: Kipping is where you use momentum to help you complete the chest-to-bar or pull-up. You sorta rock your body back and forth to provide the extra lift. Most of the time we are allowed to kip unless the workout specified strict pull-ups or chest-to-bars. I try to kip as little as possible, though, so I can really work on strength. So tell me about Isometrix! Is it a yoga routine where you hold the poses for a long time? Sounds painful! :p I hear ya on sore, tired legs. Mine feel the same way. Kick some Agility X butt today!!!

I didn't oversleep today but still managed to get a later start then I should have on my work out....:rolleyes: I did Meta Omni 11-20 in full and twenty out of the thirty minutes of Agility X. Ticked at myself for not having time to complete Agility but it was a great work out nonetheless! :D

Isometrix incorporates some yoga style poses in it but it's not a yoga work out so to speak. It's a bunch of positions held for 45 secs each that alternate between a floor pose (lots of plank variations) and something standing. It works on balance big time as well as muscle strength/endurance to be able to hold the pose for the full 45 seconds. It was tough. I was sweating like a beast when essentially there was no movement in the entire work out except to change positions! :eek:

Nice job on the push up challenge, Katie! I've only done push ups as required by a work out and that was before I started the X. Since then, no push ups for me! I suck at challenges! I should just give up! :p:rolleyes: Thanks for the kipping explanation! I learn something new every day with you going to Crossfit and using all of their morse code terminology! LOL

So work at both jobs is very stressful at the moment. UGH. My f/t job is in transition but I don't know what that transition will be yet. I just know that it's not staying the way it is. :confused: The p/t job is stressing me out b/c some clients don't know their place and I suck at telling them to back off and in turn, end up getting an earful from the boss for allowing them to "run the place" so to speak (regarding things that are NOT a part of the actual work out they are doing!). When I decided to be a trainer, babysitting wasn't part of my plan!!! I'm dealing with adults here! There should be no need for that!!! :mad: UGH! (Sorry-just had to vent a bit! I am not happy at all right now...:()

TGIF!!!!:D

This morning was my rest from everything but TA day. No Meta or P90X3 allowed but another TA work out was a must so I did the arms and half of the abs from Precision Toning! That's what I call one hard workin' rest day! :eek:

BBL!:cool:

Good morning!

After a thorough warm-up Friday evening I did the following:

Front Squat: 1x5@65% of 1RM (75#), 2x5@70% (80#)

Back Squat: 1x8@65%, 70%, and 75% (85#, 90#, and 95#)

WOD: 3 of rounds of: 5 tng clean and jerks (45#), 25 hand-release pushups; 15 pull-ups; and 15 dips.

Saturday I went on an 8 mile run. My longest distance to date! And, I completed the run in 1:20:41 which is almost dead on my goal pace of 10:00min/mile.

Sunday I didn't do any formal exercise but I worked outside in the yard for hours. I am still tired.

I sorta dropped on the ball on the pushup challenge this weekend. I realize it is supposed to be a challenge, but dang my chest muscles were really sore by Friday. I'm going to try to make up some of those pushups this week.

Wendy: Um, Wendy dear, the point of a rest day is to rest. I think you need a do-over! :D:p;) Oh wow, that Isometrix workout sounds fantastic. Thanks for the awesome explanation. I tend to void workouts that have long periods of holding poses (like some yoga workouts) because they are so dang hard. :eek::rolleyes: I am sorry things are rough right now at BOTH places of employment. I can't imagine your stress level trying to deal with all of that. Will the transition at the f/t job possibly make things easier on you? Feel free to vent anytime! You know I don't mind to listen. :) ((((HUGS)))).

Yesterday I only did Omni as it's all I had time for. This morning I did Omni minus the arms + 1/2 of CVX because again, it's all I had time for. :(

Technically today was supposed to be yoga, not CVX but getting up at dawn to do yoga just doesn't sit right with me so I will do it tmrw evening instead. :p

So I watched an ad for P90X2 that was on one of the P90X3 discs I did over the last couple of days and YES, now I want that one too! :rolleyes:

Katie:: Wow! You were awesome this weekend between kickin' azz at crossfit, gettin' the yard work done AND making great time on your first 8 miler! Woo hoo, girl! :D

BBL!:cool:

Hello! :)

Yesterday I did 3 rounds of the following: run 1 mile, 20 pushups; 15 sit-ups. Technically I was supposed to just run 3 miles but the thought of doing that bored me, so I broke up each mile with the pushups and sit-ups. Also, for the first two miles I added in a "strider" every 1/2 mile, which basically consists of a short burst of speed for about 30 feet. On the last mile, I started out with a slower pace (12 min/mile) and increased my pace each 1/4 mile, ending with a 9:30 min/mile (approx.) pace.

Wendy: I hear ya about not doing yoga in the morning. It doesn't sit right with me, either. Glad you're getting in your Omni workouts!! I LOL at your desire to now get P90x2! I bet you can find X2 for a great price on ebay or Amazon. So, which do you like better...X3 or TA's Meta/Omni workouts?

ETA: Okay, so I spent several hours this weekend outside cleaning out flower beds, pruning my roses, etc. And today it is snowing. As in, there is snow covering the grass. What is happening!?!?!

This morning I slept in by choice knowing I'd have time to work out tonight so the plan for later is TAM Omin 11-20 (last time for this one!) and P90X3 Yoga!

Tmrw I start a new Meta...Not sure if I'll go to the next level of Omni or give Ab a go instead....Decisions, decisions...:p

Katie:: Nice job on your run! Love that you broke it up with other exercises! As much as I don't run these days, if I had a TM I would get back into it...sigh...Maybe in the next house! I can't compare the X3 to Meta. Soooo different from one another!!!! It probably comes as no surprise that I've already look at amazon and ebay for a copy of x2! In the meantime a Cathelete has said I could buy hers from her though so that's what I'm going to do I think. :)

Good Morning!

Yesterday's CrossFit workout was KILLER! We started with a variety of abdominal exercises to warm-up and work the core. Then, we did the following:

Back Squat: 1x8@65%, 70%, 75%, and 80% (85#, 90#, 95#, 100#)

Front Squat: 1x5@70% (80#), 2x5@75% (90#)

WOD (for time): 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups; 20 dips; 15 hang clean thrusters (35#); 30 split jumps; 20 box jumps; 10 hang clean thrusters (40#); 30 split jumps; 14 box jumps; 5 hang clean thrusters; 30 split jumps; 10 box jumps; 20 dips; 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups

I could already feel my butt and legs getting sore when I left yesterday. It seemed like I spent the entire class in a squat. :rolleyes:

This morning I went on a 3.5 mile run. It was supposed to be 4 miles, but I cut it short for a variety of reasons. 1. I was running late (no pun intended). 2. My legs/butt were extremely sore. 3. My dog was acting like a fool. The best part was when he tried to yank my shoulder out chasing a rabbit. He was so worked up he was spinning in circles. I yelled at him to get him to calm down, but hen felt awful for yelling at him (he looked so pitiful). 4. My face was cold (it was 25 degrees this morning). 5. My phone died around mile 3. I get nervous running without my phone just in case something bad should happen. 6. My stomach felt off and I got a side stitch around mile 2. Soooooo, in all, one of those crazy mornings. :p

Wendy: Did you enjoy the extra sleep yesterday morning? This was my first morning workout in a few weeks...getting up at 5:30 am was rough. I think you should go with TAM ab. Something different! Plus who doesn't want nice abs in the summer. Not that yours aren't amazing already. You know what I mean! :p;) Yay on finding X2! I think it is great that you are able to buy it from another Cathlete. Sharing the love. :)

Good Afternoon. :)

No work out last night after all. :( It was for good reason though! I went on an interview for a training position at a gym and I am taking it!:D

I have challenged myself to do 10 minute AMRAPS of pushing and pulling exercises every day for a few weeks in order to prepare for my Spartan Race at the end of May. I have a couple of Cathletes from the FB Challenge group I post in joining me. We started this morning with.....

A 10 minute AMRAP of push ups and pull ups (inverted rows as a sub for pull ups here!). 10 reps of each. As many rounds as possible in ten minutes. YIKES! :eek: I followed that up with the lower body portion of TAM Ab 21-30 and 20 minutes of X3 Agility X. :)

Katie:: So are you off on Good Friday? My son and I are off but DH has to work. Haha! :p LOL Holy smokes girl, what a morning you had! :confused: I think that would be enough to cut anyone's run short! I give you credit for sticking it out as long as you did! Nice squats at CF! You are one heavy hitter!

This morning's workout was....

Push Pull Challenge:: 10 mins of 10 reps of each of the following: split stance shoulder press R w/17.5#, Lawnmower R w/25#, repeat both on L(this is one complete round...I did 4 roundsin 10 mins).

Then I did TAM Ab 31-40 in full.

:eek::D:eek::D

X3 is on tap for tmrw!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.