Found a Nutrition Calculator Website!

syzygy314

Cathlete
For anyone who counts calories, this might be helpful.

I struggle with calculating the nutritional value of recipes that aren't readily available anywere else. I hate doing it by hand, but have done that. :mad: Its time consuming and frustrating.

I found this great website that will do it for you! You just enter the recipe and voila! There you are all the nutrients calculated for you! And, I mean all of them! It will give you the basics, but you can select to see them all and it will show you the content of the vitamins and minerals, fiber, etc. in your recipe. The only thing I didn't see (but I didn't really hunt that hard for it yet) is the cholesterol. It will even break down all the different sugars.

I thought this was great as I cook from recipes a lot from cookbooks and individual recipes that don't already have that information.

Here's the link: http://www.recipenutrition.com/index.aspx

This is great. Now I can cancel my WW e-tools membership. The only reason I kept it was for their recipe builder, but free is better!

THIS IS FAB

Can anyone tell me plz if there is a post with an interesting link or recipe that I'd like to refer to later (maybe much later) is there a way to tag / bookmark or save it to favourites in my profile or somesuch linky-thingumy.

Thanx guys.

i just found this today, so I haven't had time to play with it much, but if I find something, I'll post it back here!

THIS IS FAB

Can anyone tell me plz if there is a post with an interesting link or recipe that I'd like to refer to later (maybe much later) is there a way to tag / bookmark or save it to favourites in my profile or somesuch linky-thingumy.

Thanx guys.

I use Livestrong.com and they have the same functionality. It's a really great site and has helped me immensely. Also helps me remember to floss my teeth every night before bed.

I was checking out livestrong and was frustrated that for some reason it wouldn't let me do anything! Don't know if the site was down or what. I was trying to get to the nutrition calculator to look some things up and I couldn't even get off the main page! Nothing. I gave up and did some more searching and found this one. I don't need all that additional motivation or support (that's what I have you guys for! :D). I also use Lose It! on my iPhone to track cals. Just needed a way to figure out my recipes that don't have nutrients listed.

I use Livestrong.com and they have the same functionality. It's a really great site and has helped me immensely. Also helps me remember to floss my teeth every night before bed.

THIS IS FAB

Thanx guys.
I am not sure if this is what you mean by linky-tingumy :D:D At the top of the thread you will see a couple of pull down buttons. One is Thread tools select it. You can print, send the post to an email or subscribe to the thread. When you want to find it again go into your User CP and it will be displayed there. hth's or it's a complete how to of nothingness.... :D:D:D

I was checking out livestrong and was frustrated that for some reason it wouldn't let me do anything! Don't know if the site was down or what. I was trying to get to the nutrition calculator to look some things up and I couldn't even get off the main page! Nothing. I gave up and did some more searching and found this one. I don't need all that additional motivation or support (that's what I have you guys for! :D). I also use Lose It! on my iPhone to track cals. Just needed a way to figure out my recipes that don't have nutrients listed.

Ahhhh..... that's weird, I haven't had any problems with it at all. Nutritiondata.com is really good too, but I don't think it does recipes.

Yay, thanks for sharing! I've been using NutritionData.com and it's similar but this one might be even easier:)

I am not sure if this is what you mean by linky-tingumy :D:D At the top of the thread you will see a couple of pull down buttons. One is Thread tools select it. You can print, send the post to an email or subscribe to the thread. When you want to find it again go into your User CP and it will be displayed there. hth's or it's a complete how to of nothingness.... :D:D:D

Jann - thank you. Not tried it yet but appreciate your help.

Cheers
Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.