Fit Moms are the Best Moms--Check in 4/25

Melanie- You are totally not a dork! That is EXACTLY where I would have put the photo!

Susan- Hope you get a nap! Wish I could snooze at my desk.

Allison- Thanks for the healthy vibes! I was sick three weeks ago and hit Insanity/STS hard and now its on the back burner again. This is just a mini cold but I feel so run down from it.

We go this weekend to St Augustine for our anniversary trip so we can hopefully have some R&R! I'm kinda depressed thinking I won't work out but then I wonder if my body needs a break. I didn't rest on my "rest week" from STS and did Insanity. When I re-read about the rest week it said "light cardio." Oops! Insanity certainly is not light! :confused:

Happy Anniversary, Jen! How fun a trip!

Eziekiel bread is a success! DH made tuna salad and we slathered it on the warm bread. Yummy. Now I'm having a typhoon mountain dew. :) I can post recipe but it does take six different types of flour & lentils. It's a little costly to make, but figured once I had the ingredients I would be set. The other option is using sprouted grains. I don't know much about them but a friend was telling me bout them. Sounds very interesting. You plant the root grain and just snip off the grains when they grow....so you have a neverending supply of fresh sprouts?

Call me crazy but I'm contemplating using/trying cloth diapers. They have really evolved alot...and it doesn't sound that bad. I have a whole stockpile of diapers right now, but I'm going to order a sample supply of cloth diapers and give it a try. http://www.nubunz.com/

3 mile easy jog done. I feel great. Jory might not be able to go to track meet b/c he needs to make up some test from last quarter. I'm disappointed b/c not to many track meets coordinate well with my days off. Ugh.

Christine, how's your cooking going?

Okay I"m off to take a quick shower b4 I clean up hard playdough. I might take the kids to park.

hi!
I got a 20 min nap and it really helped! K slept for nealry 2 hours...but I really didnt get anything done..I watched biggest loser lol. When k got up we hit the grocery...its my day to carpool so Im about to go get the grils and take to gym.

Melanie-awesome about your bread. pleaes post the rcipe whne you have time!

Jen-my dad went to St Aug for his anniverasry too in Feb. How far are you from Brandent!n again? I will be there June 14 for a week..wish we could meet for coffee and a playdate

HI to e3veryone k is typineng with me..be back after carpool duty

Ezikiel Bread For Breadmachine (from adapted from hillbilly housewive dot com)

Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and
millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread
thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy
side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.
Ezekiel 4:9 — Holy Bible — King James Version

1 to 1 1/4 cups tepid water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup cooked, mashed lentils (measure like packed brown sugar)
2 cups Gold Medal® Better For Bread Wheat Blend Flour
1/2 cup barley flour
2 tablespoons millet flour
1/4 cup soy flour
1 tablespoon rye flour
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 teaspoons breadmachine yeast

Wet ingredients first. Dry ingredients next. Cook on basic mode, light setting. Brush with butter when still warm. Yummy

Here's the actual recipe notes, if interested:
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/ezekiel-bread.htm

Thank you all ladies!1 I'm having a good time today, regardless my ankle that has me a bit depressed. My staff took me out to lunch so we went to Cheddars and I had a delicious Chicken topped with shrimps and pinapples... then of course I had a cup cake that one of my assistants made for me. It's funny though, they all thought that my B-day was last week and I got flowers, gifts and even a cake then, they couldn't stop laughing when they found out it was today instead so I guess they celebrated twice.

My ankle is still feeling sore, I slept with an ace brace and came to work with it too. I don't think I will be able to do cardio this week or any lower body w/o so I have to be creative.
Is anybody watching the Marriage Ref, it's hilarious. It'll be up tonight.

Well ladies, thanks again!!! you are the BEST!

Thanks for the bread recipe, Melanie. Is it sad or scary that I have all the ingredients except the soy and millet flours? Wonder if I could sub quinoa flour, spelt flour, or brown rice flour -- I have all those!

Priscilla, I love the Marriage Ref!

Glad that you had a lottle of love from your friends today and had a great birthday! I hope that you go see a doctor to help you speed up your recovery. Have you ever hurt your ankle before, like Allison, and maybe this aggravated it? When I had bunion surgery about 10 years ago, I had to get creative and it was hard to do exercise. I ended up swimming laps, which I do not love, but it did the trick. I hate being cold nad wet!
Jen- Hope you are on the mend and ready for a great time this weekend. Who is staying with James? Nobody that will offer ice cream, I hope!
Melanie- THe bread looks great, I will try it. I do not have a bread machine, but can make it the old way! I think that the sleeping agents caused the problem, or at least made it worse... Both DH and I get depressed from Tylenol PM and Benadryl. I took Advil PM one night and tore DHs head off. I exercise like a maniac so that I drop dead at night. Sleep eludes me a lot. I also can never sleep around a full moon or new moon. I envy heavy sleepers. Hope the track meet for JOry went well. Glad that your are listening to your body, it needs it right now. I have no idea how you juggle so much. I am popping some discs in teh mail tomorow, the rest will come soon. I am having a shortage of time this week, but should be better on sunday...
Took a drive to see the route for my run this weekend. Looks tough. Little nervous. It is 20 miles of hills. Ugh. John took a huge dump a mile in but stubborn me had to clock the whole thing to make sure it was the right place.
Never got cooking done, got side tracked. Jimmy had swimming, we got home and cleaned out all the pantry items and organized it. There were so many stale crackers and half open things. Ahhh, I love clean and organized!!!
Making a filet roast and sald awith quinoa tonight. Mmmm.
Will BBL with more personals, Jimmy awake now too.
:)

Is this week over yet?? I know I shouldn't say that---every day is a gift! BUT..I'm just in a big 'ol funk this week. I've been terribly bloated (haven't had a period yet, but I don't think that's it). When I look down at my puffy stomach, it depresses me and makes me want to eat! My workouts haven't been good either, as my schedule and DH's has been all over this week. ah...just ready to start fresh!

Melanie-are you still on meds for milk production? I remember a lactation consultant once telling me that one of the meds increases PPD. Cloth diapers? How can you have time for that?? WOW! I'd say go for it though if it's something that interests you. Did you use cloth on any of the boys?

Priscila-your co-workers sound great. I Hope this next year of your life brings you lots of happiness and blessings!

Christine-20miles?? AHH!! Thanks for posting those lentil recipes. I plan on giving the cookies a try as soon as I can find a little time. bunion surgery..oh the memories. I had both feet done 13 years ago while I was in high school. Talk about a painful recovery.

Jen-my abs are the same way...just sticking out so much! Happy Anniversary...how many years?

Susan-looking forward to your lentil cookie report :). I make lentils every weekend to use in rollups for work, and I've been thinking about making your sloppy joe ones this time. yum! I love lentils!

Hello Allison, Judy, and Kendra! Off to bed before I start nibbling

Lisa- Bunion surgery sisters? Yeah! It sucked but is the only reason I can be athletic these days. I hated it but it was so worth it. So sorry yo uare having a tough week. I think all you moms who juggle the job and mommy wife thing are purea saints. I could not do it. I want to claw my eyes out at the end of most days.
I found some awesome barley recipes and will post them. I am in love with barley these days. I got rid of all white flour adn stuff in teteh house today.. It felt cathartic.
Lisa- I was wondering where your tests have coem in on Interleukin 6 or 8? I get them confused. I think 6... Just curious. I am tryign to learn about treating Ra with food, etc.
Yes, 20 miles with insane hills this weekend. I get giddy and nervous just thinking about it.
BBL!

Twenty miles of hills? Your nuts Christine. I honestly thought i was a cardio nut until I met you. :p

LisaMarie, yes your right about the Reglan can contribute to depression. Maybe I'll start to taper myself down on those as well. Honestly, I felt about 75% better today. Not sure why, we'll see what tomorrow holds without Tylenol PM tonight.

Precila~ sorry you hurt. That's a bummer. Hang in there. Are you done with your long commutes?

Just looked at calender. I work 4 days again next week. :confused: Ugh. DH needs open fishner off so he can fish....so I can only work two days the following week. Rather than using a vacation day I went ahead and agreed to work four days the week before. I sure hope I am feeling good by then!

Work tomorrow. Will catch up on Saturday. I have Sat & Sun off to rest/relax before my big work week. :)

christine-I have a printout of my test results, so I'll check. I know all my results are in the non-RA range, but that is true for about 1/4 of the people who have RA.

That reminds me, Allison, I think you were wantng that website? sorry if it was someone else...my memory has been failing me too much these days! :) I'l post it once I dig it out of my purse. I'm off today, so I hope to check it out and get some of the things the dr suggested (fish oil, tumeric, etc).

stormy day here...hope caden is a happy boy or I may need to send him outside in the rain. he can besuch a bear when he has to be in the house all day

morning!
much better night. K slept from 9-2 and is still asleep. I slept 4 hours straight..then off and on til 5..so that is even good for me.
I workout in my bedroom and Haley got in bed with dh last night....so no workout early grrrr! I will do disc 3 at naptime.
Lisa-stormy day here too.....then major rain over the weekend. Yuck! Hope Caden is a sweetie today for you!
Melanie-have a good day!
Christine-I never got around to cooking yesterday either. Hopefully I can make the cookeis today. Oh..and bought butterscotch chips because of you and had a handful yesterday...quite yummy! Gotta hide those things!
Morning everyone!

N Oworkout today is off day and I am ready. I like my off days to be when I really want them! It is weird not to be wearing workout pants! I am taking Jimmy to the reservoir for a bike ride and a picnic today.
Lisa, I would love the website. I am trying to understand your RA! Send Caden out in the rain. I do it to Jimmy, really. He loves it. He just digs in the rain and I can get things done!
Jen- Have a great weekend, hope that you feeel better and can enjoy your anniversary!
Priscilla- How is the ankle? Can you see someone soon?
Susan- THose butterscotch chips are so good. I am excited to make the cookies. I hav made garbanzo bean cookies before and DH LOVES them. WHen I told him what was in them, he was so surprised! Sorry about no workout! Go to Sams club and do a few laps, has to be good for a mile, right?
Melanie- Girl you are the queen of cardio junkies! Tomorrow is a tough one, but necessary. It will be my ultimate challenege. I am excited and a bit nervous! How are you feelign today? Sent some books to you finally, will get you more if you like the audio CD thing. I am getting your DVDs done too. SOrry to be so slow.
Happy Friday! Off to find somethign YUMMY to make for dinner.

Lentil cookies in the oven! I changed the recipe up some so if they are good I will post! I
K is napping so I got disc 3, legs done! Im just not a fan of the paper plates at all..so I modify those.
Christine your day sounds fun with Jimmy! I need to try the garbonzo cookies too! 20 miles...good grief woman!

BOO! AF is here early!! How come I cannot catch a break??? The last two months its been the same, get sick and BAM! AF! I wasn't due til next Wed.

Lisa- Not that I am glad your abs pooch out but I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I hold them it, they look great! I'm the opposite with the belly bloat, I will eat less (which isnt good) but usually try to clean it up more. Its been 4 years married and 8 1/2 total.

Melanie- I am glad you are feeling better but that stinks about the 4 day work week.

Christine- I can't wait to hear about your twenty miler! That is just tough! James and the dog are coming with us. There is no way my child is staying away from me! :eek: Especially not with the ice cream monster!

Susan- Hope you got to workout! I thought of you cause DH randomly commented on my arms last night. I think STS is awesome. Hope you are still having great results. But I don't notice a lot in my legs from it. More so from Insanity. Hoping I will once I go heavier in meso 2/3.

Priscila- How sweet! And Yay for a double celebration! Glad you had a great day, you deserve it!

Waves to all! BBL!

ok..cookies are good
I used 1/2 white 1/2 brown sugar. doubled the oats adn left out the coconut. left out the dried fruit and put in choc and butterscoth chips. ..butterschoth was better. Oh and I also used oil intead of butter. Im not a cinnomon/allspice lover so I left those out..I think Haley and dh will eat these!

Mommies??? Where are you???

We are packing for our trip and James is being a bear! Just fussing and crying for no reason!

Here is the garbanzo bean recipe:
http://cookingintexas.blogspot.com/2007/11/deceptively-delicious-chocolate-chip.html
They are great.
So, I am tired, JOhn was a pest. I know most of you are making your own baby food, but I am doign premade. I foudn a TERRIFIC organic tasty brand called Sprout, which I got in bulk on diapers.com. It is created and made by Tyler Florence (my favorite chef from food network). John ate a whoel pack of the sweet potato, white bean and cinnamon blend. Tonight is potato and parmesand. Tomorrow is mango, roasted banana oatmeal. ANyhow, if any of y ou want to try a few, I would be happy to pop a few in teh mail. I have not seen it in stores here, just online, and you have to buy a whole pack... SO let me know, gals!
Making chicken pesto pizza on WW crust. I had two salads with lentils and wheatberries, and have gas. So I am goign fatty tonight. I am a moron, I see all the typos, but am goign to let them be. Gives me character!
BBL!

thanks for the recipe!!
When you put lentils on a salad are they seasoned at all? Just curious. Im wanting to try them in different ways. So far I lvoe my lentil soup, sloppy joes, and tacos but want more options. Your posts wouldnt be teh same without typos!
Does Tyler Florence have kids? wonder how he got into the baby food business. I have bought a few jars of premade myself to have on hand. My life is about to get really busy so I wanted to be prepared!
Jen-have a great weekend! Happy Anniversary! Sorry about af..bummer!
K is in bed, dh is asleep on the couch (hasnt been sleeping good at nigth) and haley is watching Full House. I need to empty the dishwasher and fold some clothes. Would rather get in bed and sleep...but gotta push through and get soem stuff done!
Waves!

I have a huge crush on TYler Florence. I adore him. Yes, he has two boys. His foods are so good. Even DH tried them. Want me to send you a couple? HE lives about 10 miles from us. I asked DH to take me to his restaurant. He has the best carne asada recipe on teh planet. And thank you for the appreciaton of my typos Susan!
Jen- Have a great anniversary. Hope James feels better. Kids are liek dogs, they sense a suitcase from a mile away.
Hi to all the ladies!
Great dinner, I was a huge piggy. I have ben SO HUNGry and am needign more calories. Hard to do it, but got to make sure my teeth and hair do not fall out and that I do not look like the crazy people I see on teh hiking trails. Some of these moms need a cupcake.
Lots of hugs!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.