Fit Moms are the Best Moms--Check in 4/25

I had my thyroid checked a couple months ago and it was fine. I take Vitamin D supplement daily, b/c we don't have the sun here very often. I do suffer from SADD (seasonal affective depressive disorder) but that's a Fall/Winter thing and it's symptoms allieviate during Spring.

I've spoken to alot of people who have had PPD (postpartum disorder) that has peaked/diagnosed at 5-6 months. That's so interesting. The Wellbutrin should kick in within a week or two & I'll continue on it for a while pending milk production issues. I haven't noticed any differences yet...keeping my fingers crossed.

Keep the suggestions coming gals. Ya'll are wonderful!

I"m off for some more cuddletime!

Oh, and the weight thing might be an issue too. I'm down to 128lbs. Everytime I drop down I tend to lose some energy until my body re-adjusts. I've been eating my normal stuff, exercising less since race...

Melanie- I agree that I get such low energy at lower weights, and just do not feel like myself. So odd. I haev boat loads of energy at 135, and a little less and I get funky. I do think you have a lot on your plate!
Allison- TOtally, Shaun T has somethign for Tonya. She has a great butt. I wish I could wear those little shorts. I would need a lot of body glide to wear them without chafing. She looks about 2 kids and 15 years younger than me.
Jen- I bought the Scunii no slip head bands and they are awesome for keeping the hair out while doign insanity, esp when you are doing drill son the floor.
Susan- Glad the shots were ok, forgot to tell you that.
Kind of ticked, no naps. My fault, I went to Costco at 1pm and Jimmy ate samples. He is now burping hot dogs and all other things smelly and he got home wired. Now he is pure satan.
Melanie- I do not know the answer to this, but can you get PMS if nursing? Liek get the symptoms but not have a cycle? You might want to chart when the blahs began for a few months you never know. Like I said before, I peaked in my ppd at 6 months. I want to slaughter my DH this week, so maybe I am there too. I am tired of being tired, wondering when I will have sleepy kids and when I no longer need to mainline caffeine.
Lisa- my DH said the same thing about teethign. I think that is when he really became adept at sleeping through the monitor and volunteering for out of town meetings.
Hi Kendra and Judy!

Hi ladies
K woke up then fell asleep on me for an hour. Poor baby was wiped out from her shots. She had dh are playing now.
Melanie-wow 128 is tiny for your height!!! I sure hope the meds kick in soon and you feel like yourself again. Were you able to rest today or did you keep cleaning??
Christine-Haley has a ball getting samples at Sams! HOpe Jimmy turns nice again for ya!
I think we'll know how the inspection went in a couple of days if not sooner. My mom found the perfect house for us where I wil lbe going to school. 2 blocks from the park and Haley's school is right across from my school. Fingers crossed we get teh house!
Haley will be home from gym in a few..gotta get dinner ready.
bb

susan- when I was pregnant and could not decide what I was craving, We would literally eat lunch at costco just on samples alone. Sodium galore but so good!

I feel so ADD today. This AM I was blah-low energy. Did 1/2 bum bum, then DH came home so I rushed to do Imax3--dripped with sweat I felt icky after cycle 3, so I decided to rest instead. Then went for a 2 mile walk with neighbor and three kiddos. Ended cycle with second 1/2 of bum bum. So, if you add everything up, i had a mediocre full workout. lol

I feel great now. Evenings are better. Not sure why.

Interesting, PMSing during nursing. I think I remember feeling that way with others. Will have to plot that information too. I'm such a plotter!

Yes, 128lbs is small. I'm a size 4 now, 5'8"....people are commenting on my thinness. This only happened one other time in my adulthood ....postmiscarriage when I was depressed and lost a bunch of weight. So....I'm back on the Mountain Dew wagon (one-a-day) until further notice!!!

I'm off to work tomorrow. It's been crazy busy & it kinda helps me keep my mind off of things. Monday was actually a pretty great day.

Thanks again, it helps me so much to "talk" it out. You ladies are de bomb!

Mel- I thought of the PMS thing, because my SIL has an IUD, so her hormones are cycling, but she gets no period. I think it has hormones in it too? ANyhow, I also was listening to the Jillian Michaels thing and hormones get whacked out because of exercise and can cause some interesting results. For instance, she had the mask of pregnancy, it was from her body getting too much estrogen from foods in her diet and her exercise regimine. So maybe the combo of all this is possible...

Morning!
K only got up one time..I feel rested today! Put her down at 830..she got up at midnight and its 5:30 now..My boobies are not happy right now!
Disk 2 of M1 on tap today.

Melanie-more feel good vibes coming your way!!
Christine-I could just see you pregnant roaming around Costco waiting to see what goodies you would get..lol

Morinng LIsa, Jen, Priciall, Kendra, Judy ( i always forgot somebody, sorry!)

Off to have coffee.

Good morning!
Susan-good luck on that house!! What is itabout shots that makes babies sleepy?? Kind of makes me a bit worried! Reese goes every month for awhile, so we're due to bring her in next week. Melanie-hope work goes well for you today...enjoy your Dew! I think it makes a lot of sense for PPD to show up several months after birth. As Christine said, the sleep deprivation and stress catches up with you. Whenever I hear about PPD, I think about Tom Cruise and want to give him a nice slap on the face...but I digress...

Allison and Jen-how is Insanity going this week? I hope to get the kids sleeping by 8 tonight so that I can try a new workout. I already had to take Monday off, and yesterday was just a CLX, so I really need this workout tonight...especially since I though chocolate chips would make a great start to the day. Next time I'll just glue them straight onto my butt. My eating has been quite clean, with jsust a few blips here and there, but whenever I get a cold, I want chocolate. strange!

Reese slept through the night last night for the first time in weeks. Such a nice break...wish I could hve slept just as well!

Have a great Wednesday!

Lisa- LOL at choc chips glued to your butt! Great image! :p Probably won't do anymore Insanity this week. Nose is stuffed up today. Will see how I feel later. We leave for St Augustine Saturday so I would like to get in at least one Insanity before I put on a bathing suit. I wouldn't be able to do Insanity so late...even though it exhausts me, it leaves me so wired and full of energy.

Melanie- I wonder if its a combo of PPD and low weight. I've noticed since I've been down a few extra lbs that I have been crabbier and not coping as well with life. My body just does not seem to like being below 135. Noticed any changes from the BBL? Yay for MtDew!!!

Susan- Yay for good sleep but sorry your bbs hurt! I sure don't miss those days! :p Crossing fingers on the house!

Christine and Allison- I want Tonya's abs! But yes, I agree about Shaun T and Tonya! DH asked me the first time I was doing Insanity if I would end up looking like Tonya. Apparently he has a thing for her too. ;)

Slept pretty good. J stayed asleep but was up at 545a and today was my day to sleep in. :(

Hi everyone!

Susan- Yay for good Kara sleep. Any news on the inspection?
Jen- Sorry to hear you are still sick. Every year we usually go away fgor our anniversary to a spa for a day of pampering and a night of real sleep. The in laws usually watched jimmy... But we got colds every year, almost like anticipating teh relaxation, we always end up in our hotel room tripping out on nyquil eating burgers. Get well. I agree that insanity has to only be done when healthy. I am obsessed with shaun t and want him to get more workouts on the market! I have his hip hop abs, but I suck at dancing... I might try it again now that I have slimmed down. It is hard to get all dancey when your tummy is tucked into teh top of your pants. I am doing the Max Plyo one today. I am so excited. I am making DH do it tongiht, he just does not know yet.
Lisa- I love the visual of the chips. I ended my night with raspberries, yogurt and choc chips last night. IT was sooo good. I still laugh at yoru card. I kep it in teh kitchen.
Melanie- Work for you today, hope beign busy keeps you feeling better!
Priscilla- Helloooooo!
So, DH and I patched things up and he was a sweetheart last night. He helped me clean up the kitchen, thanked me for dinner, and even tucked me in (I sleep in teh guest bedroom bc he snores and since he does not get up anyway, i get less pissed if I do not have to crawl over him at night to get to the kids). He even came in and snugled me this mornign. John got up a few times last night, but just ate and went to bed, no fussing. He is not blowing bubbles out of his nose, yay! This mornign he woke up at about 4:30 and cooed and played in bed, breaking out of his swaddle, then went back to sleep till 6! Miracle! Miracle! I am not going to count on a repeat, but I will enjoy the sleep I got as a result.
I am goign runnign and doing insanity today. Iam sore from PUB. Jen, I love it. It was the perfect workout. Susan, do you like that one? I am doing Muscle Max tomorrow. I feel so weak after a few weeks of minimal weights. I miss my definition!
Today is craft day. Jimmy and I are goign to make dinosaur hats. I will take a picture, they are hard to describe.
BBL, :)

Disc 2 done! K slept til 630 and was ready fora nap at 8:30.
Christine I love pub and plb! have you ever done the combo? there is a premix combo that is just going UP...but I have done both entire wokrouts together..killer! Glad you and dh are good now..and hoorray for Johns sleep! No news on inspection yet.
Jen-sorry you didnt get to sleep in! I am feeling so good today after having sleep. If I get 6 good hours I am ready to roll!
Oh..forgot to mention..the house we found has an "extra" room upstairs..that means I will have a workout room!!!!!!!!!!!!

pro pancake, strawberries
cereal-Great Grains Pecans..or something like that

susan! Color me jealous. I soooooo want a workout room. It is my dream! Someday... Or maybe the kids will want to share a room! Ha, right! Good eats.
I weighed in heavy this mornign. Bizzarre. Oh well. Off to run, the rain clouds are clearing up and I feel a big smile. Nothing like some rain and a hubby argument to bring things down. Feeling like a million bucks. Susan, I am the same way. 6 hours is good for me, more than 7 and I am worse off.

Hi!
Christine-One day I want a workout room like Melanies!..I would love a mirror wall etc..ahhhh...but I will be happy for a room with a treadmill and a big tv! How you ever weight in heavy amazes me with all your work outs! I havent weighed in a week or so. I know Im up though..I can feel it. My goal is still 115..so if I keep my head straight I will get there!

I just put K down for a nap. I have to go get Haley in 45 min..so maybe that will be enough of a nap..I hate waking up a baby!
Lundh was my normal soup and lentils and I just had a peanut butter Larabar.
About to go pack a few boxes int he kitchen..exciting uh! The appraier guy is coming tomorrow for the buyer..so Im assuming the inspection went ok.

Susan, how exciting! We've been in our house 1 year. Ilove my workout room. I had dh put me a big mirror on the wall. He's teases me that I am being vain. It really helps a lot with form.

You are so lucky Kendra! I saw a pic of a workout room on the Ya Ya's boards that is gorgeous..I will see if I can find it. Its exaclty how I envision mine one day!

SHHHHH, I'm at work again, so I'll try to be quick. I was missing you all.

Susan, I got a workout room now and I love it, it's upstairs too. I have to post pics. I do want the wall mirror as well but I haven't bought it yet.

Jen, you cracked me up with the Tonya comment, DH will watch any movie with Eva Mendez on it even if it's a chick movie. LOL Not to mention Eva Longoria!

Melanie, I agree with everyone else, maybe gaining some lean muscle will help you feel more energetic. I'm glad to see you like the BBL workouts

Christine, I also love that our little ones are just few days apart. I learn a lot from your experience and you always have some great tips for everyone. Love having you in this forum!!

Allison, thanks for the recipes. They are not that time consuming I think, I want to start sooking more often. We latins eat a lot of rice during the week and that's obviously not helping. I always meausre it but still. Have you started reading Jillian's book?

Lisa, I have been doing Power hour, Jari love and some full body circiuts as well. I have some Pink firms and Muscle Max that I'm using as well. For cardio, some step, insanity and TM. I haven't worked in 2 days due to the commute but I'm hoping to get somemething in today.

Kendra, I might be a little bit vain too!!

Ahh, got to go, I hope I can beat traffic today
Waves!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.