Fit Moms are the Best Moms--Check in 4/25

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi ladies. First of all I want to congratulate all of us mommies for being so fit-conscious & would like to give our bodies a big round of applause for growing our healthy babies & recovering so well. Good job mommies & bodies!!! I am so amazed at our creation!

Okay, so after my poop this AM I weighed in the 120s. :eek: This is the lowest I've been in my 30s. I'm not "dieting" anymore, just focusing on eating healthy (little/no processed foods). Again, not sure how long it'll last...but I suppose I'll enjoy it for now.

Today I'm focusing on my family. I hope to get a run in today (maybe with girls if it's nice out),....otherwise baths, homemade foods, laundry and giggle time are priority. :D I look forward to a "normal" week; working Mon-Wed-Fri

What's on everyone's plate today?

Kendra, thanks for the compliment....I have a few less kids than you do! My DH is a stay-at-home Dad, so we switch off (he has coffee with his buddies in AM & I workout in the afternoons). Last week I worked 40 hrs (and commutted 12hrs) so I only got 3 days of workouts in. I don't workout on days I work, I used to before the twins...I'd wake up early and go for a run, but when I tried to do that with the twins I got super burned out. My sleep is much more important nowadays. It's all about balance, right? :p

good morning! great way to get us started, Melanie, with the congrats to us! Hopeyou get your run and have a great day with the family

Christine-your night sounded like mine..pizza, beer, 18mi run...oh, wait, maybe just the pizza and beer :). Your running amazes me! Sorry John gave you such a rough night last night. sounds like he teased you with a good one and then went back to his non-sleeping ways. Caden did that to me all the time. I sometmes wondered how I survived...ah but I did andso will you :)

Spent yesterday at my parents' house. I kept my eating in line (fortunately my mom is a healthy cook) and even brought CLX to do a quick workout. BUT...then we ordered pizza for dinner, and I polished it off with angel food cake. I feel it today...my body doesn't like thosekinds of carbs.

Insanity today..not sure which one....low key but busy day of just catching up on the house, a trip for groceries, and getting ready for the week.

Melanie- you are blessed with a wonderful husband.
Lisa Marie- My body doesn't do well with that kind of food either. I wonder why it took me so many years to figure that out. I recently became vegetarian.My body doesn't digest meat well. I feel so much better without it. My body could have done without the pack of M & M's I had last night too.
Today is my day off from working out. But I have plenty to do around the house.

Ugh. So many blessings, yet I'm struggling with depression lately. :( I have decided to go ahead and begin Wellbutrin again. It *may* decrease my milk production, but it works well for my Seasonal Affective Depressive Order that I get in the Fall....so maybe it'll help now too.

I did get a run in this AM, and it helped elevate my mood about 40%. I don't know how to explain it. It feels like I'm energyless & having trouble enjoying life. I want to spend time with my family, but feel worn down (but can't sleep/nap). I want to *snap out of it*, so I reach for caffeine tabs or anything that can help me feel more energetic (b/c that's when I feel my best). Who ever said caffeine is not addictive? :eek:

Anywho, this too will pass.

Melanie- Caffeine doesn't bother your babies? Mine don't sleep when I have caffeine. I listen to lots of self-help audio books. They help me to keep from getting depressed. I have a whole library on my MP3 player. If I go to long without listening to something positive I start feeling sorry for myself. When you are living a life that is above average it is hard to find encouragement in real life. Know what I mean?

I was reading Jillian Micheals interview in a magazine today. She says she only has 1 snack a day. I do 1 or 2 depends on the day. How many snacks do you all have?

Kendra, who are your favorite pep=talkers? By snacks, do you mean eating b/w meals? B/c I eat 6-7 times per day. Many mini-meals. I think I eat 300 calories 6-7 times/day. So in a sense, I have 4 snacks/day.

I find mornings are the hardest for me. I've been even thinking of asking for Provigil....an anti-narcelepsy drug b/c I am having lots of trouble with my drive to/fro work. I am very tired & I am in a trance within is very dangerous going 80 mph with deer all around me. URGH.

Mel- I am glad that we are all such good friends that you can tell us that you are having a hard time. You have so much on your plate, and have dealt with it beautifully. At some point the body gets overworked. That might be the weight loss too, stress and running and work and caffeine, and little sleep. It is good that you know what helps. I contemplated going on meds after john was born and was too frazzled to get a doctor appt. I worked through it, but it was so tough. I agree with Kendra, I love self help stuff. I downlead a lot off itues. Babyproofing your marriage was a great one for me. What are you liking? I can burn some of mine off itunes. Easy. I will toss them in. I also have the one by Brooke Shields about her post partum depression. I had sever ppd with Jimmy and hearing someone else helped a lot, especially when I heard it and realized I was not that bad after all! Let me know. I would be happy to burn them.
Got my 18.4 done last ngith and made awesome time, I ave about 8:39 the whole run. I was so jazzed and amped up on endorphins, though, I did not get muc hsleep. I was restless and john woke up every hour to eat. He did not have solids yesterday, I load him up in the afternoon, and DH was not comfortable juggling it all. SO that might have been it. Did a slow seven miles with the kids and we are now planting some strawberries in teh yard. I am loving the pretty weather. It will rain this week, so got to love it while we have it. BBL for personals, just wanted to reach out to you, Mel.

Hi
We are back...trying to get unpacked and start packing the house...June 4 will be here before I know it. I have to pack stuff to take with me, for dh to keep and for storage. Im getting rid of so much crap!!

Melanie-hugggss to you!! Im sorry you are having a hard time right now. You are going through a lot emotionally with your dad/work/commuting etc. We are here for you..and I wish I could do something to help. Maybe the Wedbrutin will help and not decrease your milk. We love you girl! Hang in there!!!

Headed back to pack while K is asleep. I will catch up later..Im just freaking about how much I have to do and so little time.

waves to everyone!

SUSAN- HIIIIIII!!!!!!! Glad that you are back.
Kendra- I snack twice a day, nuts or cheese or WW pita with black beans and peppers. IT really depends on my calorie burn. With runnign, I am burning about 1500 calories a day, so I have to make sure I replenish with enough calories for my body not to freak out, and add protein and fats. If I skip a snack and get too hungry, I am a piggy. I try to eat a handful of almonds or popcorn while I cook dinner so that I eat a little less. I am not a dieter, I love food. So that makes me bad!!! But I do try to eat healthy most of the time.

Hey mommies! Melanie, thanks for the kind words and congrats to all of us! It is great that you know yourself well enough to reach out for help right away. Hopefully the wellbutrin won't affect your milk supply. I worried about you driving the other night. You be careful!

Kendra- I eat about three meals and then 2-3 snacks just depending on how hungry I am and calorie burn. I am doing an STS/Insanity rotation so I want to be careful to not eat too little calories right now.

Christine- WHat's for dinner this week? I need some new recipes. I'm in a rut again. Actually today I am just a bear. I've managed to piss off DH and my dad. DH and I are all worked out but dad and I, well another story. It'll pass. Our weather is gorgeous right now too but the humidity is just starting to creep in.

Susan- Hi girl! I hope you are getting everything done! I can't imagine life at your house right now with all you have going on but you are awesome so I know you will get it done!

Lisa- LOL to your pizza,beer and run comment. YOu are too cute! WHich Insanity did you decide on? I still love them so much!

Well, I"m starting to think J's runny/stuffy nose could be teething because its not going away but its not progressing. He has woken up the last two nights in the middle of the night also. Maybe a tooth will pop up soon??

Did Insanity Cardio strength or something like that and then Cardio abs. I am getting better at the jumps. I cant do as many as the others but at least my form is good and I feel it in my abs.

Ok well I got called into work so I better go work now. Dont know if I'll check back later cause I want to spend time with my boys when I get home. Beef stew and biscuits when I get home....yum!

Recipes will be coming up! I have some awesome new ones. I am out of my rut and loving all the fresh flavors of summer! Tongiht we are having steak and pasta salad with vaeggies. I am making my own ranch and it will be so good!
Lisa- You crack me up!!!
Jen- I have to say, we have all been on the outs with the parents. It is tricky, but it is also important for them to respect that YOU are the parent. Grandparents forget the rules. I can attest my inlaws thought i was a crazy psycho hovercraft of a mother, and now they see Jimmy as a well behaved super smart respectful kid with more love to offer them than any of the other crazy kids. It took them three years, but now they NEVER question my crazy ways. They respectfully buy organic when we visit and ask before offering him sweets. Trust me, they did not in the beginning. Now SIL is a whole bag if white trash, sorry no other way to put it, so she will never get it!

Thank you for all your support!

I did decide to go on Wellbutrin since I have some in medicine cabinet. If I notice any milk production issues I'll have to re-evaluate.

My afternoon went much better. I went to park with my friend (and four kiddos) and walked for a few miles. The little kids rode their bikes & I pushed the twins. It was nice to chat with another friend. :)

I'm in process of giving boys bath (one of my goals today). We did giggle/cry today. All-in-all a decent day considering my less than perfect emotions this AM.

I'm so thankful for such good friends and the power of prayer! I do have alot on my plate & am contemplating doing another 1/2 marathon sooner than later. This was so good for my psyche & a great challenge!

Christine~ I'd love to listen to some CDs. I have a very long commute & am willing to listen to anything you like....especially postpartum depression stuff. I am not entirely convinced that I am not touched a little with it this time around. I am suprised that it has occured so late though? Will have to research it.

I'm off to work tomorrow, please think positive for me (especially in AM, my hard times). I am going to think positively!

I'll be back Tuesday!

Mel- CDs will send this weekk. The ppd hit me around five or six months after Jimmy was born when the fatigue caught up with me and the reality of the baby was not as new, if you know what I mean. I also have some great chicken soup for the soul. Listen to my moms cd too. She inspires me. when I feel down I listen to it and perk up for my fortunate health and loving family... Hugs.

Thanks Christine! I can send them back to you when I'm done if you'd like. I just did a quick google search & it can occur anytime in the first year. I'm not taking any chances, my family is way too precious and they deserve a mom that's 100 percent. :D I'll do anything for them, they are my life!

Thanks again everyone! You're the best!

I'm glad Christine has some stuff she can send you.I would stress all the time if I don't listen to my self help stuff. My favorite author is Richard Carlson. I love his don't sweat the small stuff series. Sometimes I just need to hear someone say it's not that big a deal let it go.
Right now I am listening to A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson. It is a great book. Here's a quote from it:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

When I was pregnant I ate 3 meals and had 3-4 snacks a day.But I'm really trying hard to loose weight now so I've been eating 2 snacks. I may have decreased my calories too much.

Kendra- wow, love the quote! I also loves the covey series. Years ago, I f
did the seven hAbits series. I can send that too Melanie. It is all about how to be most productive to spend more time with family. It changed me. Yesterday on my run, two songs brought a smile to my face a d I belted them out sounding crazy and coveted in salt. Journey "don't stop believing" and Marvin Gaye " ain't no mountain high enough ". I will make you a running mix. Giveyou something to wonder if I am stuck in cheesy music. Anyone else want one? Let me know. Might be fun !!!!!!!

Kendra- we all went through the same thing!!! Read earlier posts. It is why we posted our eats. Oncei increased my calories ESP dairy and protein I lost a lot. If u are comfortable post a few days of eats. Are you nursing?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.