FEB 2011 Rock Bottoms Rotation

Hello everyone,

As of today, I am on my third week of this rotation. It's tough. So far my gluteus and legs look and feel toned. I have embraced the challenge to the point of extending the rotation 8 weeks instead of official 4.

Will report the result after completion.

Good luck every one,

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

As of today, I am on my third week of this rotation. It's tough. So far my gluteus and legs look and feel toned. I have embraced the challenge to the point of extending the rotation 8 weeks instead of official 4.

Good luck every one,

WTG!!!!! Look forward to hearing results :)

Hello everyone,

Good luck every one,

Yikes! You are brave and tough. I barely crawled my way through 4 weeks. :rolleyes:

I finished this rotation 2 weeks ago. I didn't take any measurements but I can definitely see a difference in my lower body. I didn't do the twice a days and didn't lift heavy (it makes me bigger). I actually didn't use hardly any weights. As grueling as it still was, I will likely do it again after I finish P90X.

To those that finished this rotation, did you find that your upper body stayed in pretty decent shape, considering there's not much upper body work included (outside of the kickboxing, PUB, and one other i think)?

Hi Bubbles- I did this rotation straight after Xtrain 90 days. I lost the 'cut' look on my upper body - I sort of softened. I didn't lose any strength, however, and I've now started STS, and the softness is going quite quickly.
The rotation really shocked my body - I lost a little weight (without really meaning to). STS isn't as much of a shock and the weight (and more) has gone back on.
If I were to do Rock Bottoms again (I will) I'd throw in a few push ups and pull ups.
Oh, and try weighted gloves for the kickboxing :(
HTH!
Justine

I didn't have a problem with upper body, but I add on pull-ups regularly anyways (I love what they do for me).

To bubbles76,

Having been on the rotation 4 weeks now, I do not feel having neglected the upper. There is KPC, PUB, STS total and Body max2.

Feel free to add an upper program or premix ( Example premix from High reps or premix from STS total upper body)

All the best,

Nathalie,
What have your results been from this rotation so far?

Eva

So far,

Definition gain.
My bikini area is defined :), inner thigh slimmer, harmstring (harmstrings look much more toned), quads are starting to show up :D and are actually sore as I am writting but it's all good. overall lower body composition has improved .

I did not take any measurement nor did i take picture. Although I tend not to get obsessed about measurements, My thighs have not changed.

As to my Glutes, oh boy---This glute of mine is going to get me into trouble lol:D Hmmm how can I put this:eek::eek:. overall, I have gained definition. The lowest part of the cheeks, well you know which cheeks i am referring to, between hamstring and Glutes is clearly and visibly defined:confused::confused: I am quite happy with this new pair of fairly projected cheeks, Deazie style glutes:D:D:D

I still have 3 weeks to go :):):)

Last edited:
Nice...thanks for the details, Nathalie. I have been stalking that rotation for ever. I am going to do it one day...I just have to get in the right frame of mind. :) I love hearing about great results, and yours definitely fit the bill. I look forward to your update when you're done..sounds like you're doing 8 weeks instead of 4, which is a great idea. If it's working after 4 weeks, why not keep the goodness going?!?!!:D

Awesome results Nathalie! I can't wait to hear how 'bootyful' you've got at the end of 8 weeks :eek:
Take care
Justine x

Nice...thanks for the details, Nathalie. I have been stalking that rotation for ever. I am going to do it one day...I just have to get in the right frame of mind. :) I love hearing about great results, and yours definitely fit the bill. I look forward to your update when you're done..sounds like you're doing 8 weeks instead of 4, which is a great idea. If it's working after 4 weeks, why not keep the goodness going?!?!!:D

Hi Eva,

I encourage you to get the right frame of mind quickly and embark on this rotation. It can feel brutal but results are worth the try. Yes I am doing 8 weeks instead of 4. I have learnt few tips on how to set my own lower body routine and will certainly keep the goodness going.

I did Low impact challenge today plus The BBW bonus. Yesterday I did PUB:D:D

There is a "mild lower body rotation" :eek::confused:on the index, I think it's Feb 2012. Do not go for the mild version. You will Rock it Eva, we know it's all in mind.

http://cathe.com/forum/f100/feb-2012-rotation-287841/

Any further question, do not hesitate to ask me.
Feel free to PM me should you need to ;-)

Take Care,

I almost done with my first week of the Rock Bottoms rotation and all I can say is WOW. I've done Insanity, Xtrain, STS, P90X and a dozen other programs and all I can say is after week 1, this is the hardest one I've ever done. My lower body has been sore and noodley all week. It all started with those 300 walking lunges on day 1 and has not let up since. Today I just worked upper body and did a long stretch. Giving my lower body some recovery before hitting it with Butts and Guts tomorrow to finish off week 1.

However, I am loving it and feel pretty confident after week 1 that I am going to get some pretty awesome results. I've never worked my lower body like this! I am making my own modifications to the rotation because I want more upper body work + she has a lot more lower body workouts than appear in the February 2011 Rock Bottoms rotation. Plus her new workouts will be out soon and I will plug those in as well when they arrive.

I broke down the structure of each week including how it progresses through the month--how many times walking lunges are done each week, how many times BBW is done, how many lower body workouts are done, how many total body workouts, how many HIIT workouts, then I swapped things around to add more variety. Plus I am doing it for 6-7 weeks rather than 4 weeks. I also added in 100 Rep Hip Thrusts from Xtrain each week and for the BBW, since after week 1 it is done 2x a week, the first time I will use the Barre bonus from LLB and the second time I will use the Barre bonus from Xtrain legs.

I'm pretty excited about it! I am really feeling it after just 1 week! And I know it continues to increase in intensity. A little scared but excited, too!

I will post my results at the end. I am also working to clean up my diet. Cutting down on sugar and refined carbs, adding in a green smoothie every day. We'll see if I like my rock bottom at the end!

I am making my own modifications to the rotation because I want more upper body work + she has a lot more lower body workouts than appear in the February 2011 Rock Bottoms rotation. Plus her new workouts will be out soon and I will plug those in as well when they arrive.

I broke down the structure of each week including how it progresses through the month--how many times walking lunges are done each week, how many times BBW is done, how many lower body workouts are done, how many total body workouts, how many HIIT workouts, then I swapped things around to add more variety. Plus I am doing it for 6-7 weeks rather than 4 weeks. I also added in 100 Rep Hip Thrusts from Xtrain each week and for the BBW, since after week 1 it is done 2x a week, the first time I will use the Barre bonus from LLB and the second time I will use the Barre bonus from Xtrain legs.

Would love to see your version of the rotation (modifications/subs/additions) if you'd be willing to share. Thanks!

Breathe--I'd be happy to. But I'll wait until the new workouts arrive at least. I've only created the first 3 weeks because I anticipate being able to use the new workouts for the last 3 weeks. But once they arrive and I can finish mapping out the last 3 weeks of it, I'll post it.

Breathe--I'd be happy to. But I'll wait until the new workouts arrive at least. I've only created the first 3 weeks because I anticipate being able to use the new workouts for the last 3 weeks. But once they arrive and I can finish mapping out the last 3 weeks of it, I'll post it.

you're awesome! I'm looking forward to it. thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.