Feb 2012 Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This Feb 2012 we will be “attacking” the Lower Body along with an overall total body conditioning workout. The beauty of this is that because the legs are the large muscle groups of the body, they require more oxygen during workouts, therefore making the workouts more aerobic. And more aerobic based workouts mean we are also burning more calories and stored fat. So not only are we getting some lean and fit legs …we are burning overall body fat in the process. Time to get busy!!!

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Body Max 2

Tues: Cycle Max or Step max

Wed: Hiit 20/40

Thurs: Legs and Glutes

Fri: Cardio Core Circuit

Sat: Muscle Endurance

Sun: Off or Yoga Relax

WEEK TWO:

Mon: STS Plyo Legs (of choice) plus Ab Circuits No Equipment

Tues: Kick Punch and Crunch

Wed: Leaner Legs

Thurs: Slide and Glide (cardio portion only) plus Total Body Trisets (Upper Body Premix Only)

Fri: Low Impact Challenge

Sat: IMAX 2

WEEK THREE:

Mon: HIIT 30/30

Tues: Butts and Guts

Wed: Kick Max

Thurs: Intensity

Fri: Muscle Max

Sat: OFF or Yoga Relax

Sun: Turbo Barre

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Cardio Core Circuits

Tues: Lower Body Blast

Wed: Cycle Max or Intensity

Thurs: High Reps

Fri: Cardio Kicks

Sat: 4 Day Split Kickbox (this workout includes legs and Abs after kickbox)

This looks GREAT! I am just wrapping up the LIS rotation and am going to be doing a rotation with 4DS. I was then planning to go back to the LIS rotation because Afterburn and Athletic training seemed to really get me in shape, so I thought it would be a good rotation right before the Chicago roadtrip... Now I don't know because this one looks so good.

Hmmmm... decisions decisions!

Does anyone have a good rotation using 4ds? I have never done this series. I have seen so many rave reviews on the forum lately, I can't resist!

Susan

Thanks, Cathe. I was planning on "attacking" my lower body this month, so this could not have come at a better time! I had been eyeballing Body Max 2 for the last few weeks, and I downloaded it today. I did not have time to do the last segment, but the first two were awesome! Thanks for this rotation...

Substitution

Hi Cathe,

I'm following this rotation and I would like to ask you what DVD could I substitute for "STS Plyo Legs"?

BTW, I'm loving this one ;)

Thanks Cathe, You rock :D

Marta

For those who may be reading this long after February 2012 looking for new rotations, I just want to share my results. I saw significant changes in my lower body as a result of this rotation, which is not easy to accomplish for me. I did not lose any weight, but I did tone my legs. I also lost about an inch on each thigh. Not a huge amount, but results are VERY hard for me to get, so if I lost an inch, you'll probably double or triple my results...this seems to be the case for me relative to others. I ate clean, and had a cheat day, kept my calories at 1600-1800 and only missed one day of this rotation. I did sub the Cycle Max day with another dvd since I don't have a spin bike and don't go to the gym, and I also subbed out the HIIT 30/30 with BodyMax, since that fell on one of my long days, but other than that, I followed it to a "t".

Eva

Hello everyone!

I must also give a positive review for this rotation.

Being a pear-shaped woman, I know from experience how tough it is to town down the LB. I know most women shy away from high weight/low reps for the LB, concerned that they will "bulk up". This was not true in my case. I followed this rotation almost to a T, upping my weight more than I ever have in w/o's like Muscle Max and Gym Style Legs. Alternating between heavy weight/low weight w/o's, not only toned down my LB, but I can see an improvement in cellulite. I would encourage pear-shaped woman to seriously consider adding heavy weights for the LB in addition to eating healthy. Of course, everyone responds differently, I cannot speak for the entire pear-shaped community. IMO, this rotation was THE BOMB! I am so glad to have chosen it and was not in the slightest disappointed with my results. Thank you Cathe, this was a winner!

Natasha

I also got great results with this rotation. I've been dieting too, since mid-January. I have cellulite and skin laxity, which I'll NEVER be rid of, :mad: but I do see significant improvement in my lower body overall. Tomorrow.... it's on to the March rotation. :D Thanks again, Cathe!

Hi Natasha,

I have noticed several of your posts about various rotations that have helped you - thanks for sharing as the info has been helpful and inspirational which is why I am writing for your feedback.

I am a pear shape as well, very petite upper body and fuller hips, buttocks and thighs. I am more proportioned that I was since I have been consistently working out and eating cleaner, five meals per day, but I KNOW much cleaner eating would help (this ebbs and flows - I eat lots of clean and healthy foods, but then give into cravings esp when stressed).

I am currently on the three month transformation, but I am tempted to switch to this LB rotation or the LIS rotation. I have read that some folks get better results by working LB twice per week. Since you have done the LIS and LB rotations, which would you recommend to lean down and tighten up the LB (with cleaner eating of course).

ALso, for the LB rotation - I don't have all those DVDs so I would have to sub. Do you know if there is a generic outline somewhere? Here is what I have: STS minus squat racks, STS TB, LIS minus cycle and yoga DVDs, Lower BB. I am guessing I can sub some of the STS Leg DVDs and LIS TBTS LB in some areas.

Any feedback you can provide would be appreciated!!! :D

Thanks,

Michelle :D

Hi Natasha,

I have noticed several of your posts about various rotations that have helped you - thanks for sharing as the info has been helpful and inspirational which is why I am writing for your feedback.

I am a pear shape as well, very petite upper body and fuller hips, buttocks and thighs. I am more proportioned that I was since I have been consistently working out and eating cleaner, five meals per day, but I KNOW much cleaner eating would help (this ebbs and flows - I eat lots of clean and healthy foods, but then give into cravings esp when stressed).

I am currently on the three month transformation, but I am tempted to switch to this LB rotation or the LIS rotation. I have read that some folks get better results by working LB twice per week. Since you have done the LIS and LB rotations, which would you recommend to lean down and tighten up the LB (with cleaner eating of course).

ALso, for the LB rotation - I don't have all those DVDs so I would have to sub. Do you know if there is a generic outline somewhere? Here is what I have: STS minus squat racks, STS TB, LIS minus cycle and yoga DVDs, Lower BB. I am guessing I can sub some of the STS Leg DVDs and LIS TBTS LB in some areas.

Any feedback you can provide would be appreciated!!! :D

Thanks,

Michelle :D

Thank you very much Michelle! You made me blush :eek:. I am actually quite flattered you've asked me for advice.

TBH, I never thought I would ever be able to see a noticeable improvement in my hips/thighs/butt. Even at my smallest weight, which was 105lbs (I'm 5'1) in my early 20's, I was still not able to shape/tone down my problem area's. So here I am, a "smaller pear", in a much smaller size than I ever have been in my entire life. I don't weight 105lbs, and yet I look more toned and defined and I actually have gained confidence, which I think is the most important factor.
I found Cathe May 2011 and that's really when my fitness level really took off. I think because she offers so much variety, I never got bored and I always changed up my routine. It was not until I shocked my body with LIS, that I started seeing a definite change in my LB. That's when I knew this series was special and I had to share my experience. Had I not seen results that I was impressed by, I would have not written all those reviews. This series was hope for the pear-shaped, and I wanted women "like me" to find the same hope.
So far I have done 3 rotations, as best as I could, with what w/o's I have of Cathe's. I'm also incorporating DVD's from other trainers, with w/o's that are similar to what Cathe has on her rotations. I try to find comparable substitutes and stick to the same genre of w/o. I did the Nov LIS rotation, Dec hi/low, Jan I continued with hi/low (from Dec) and Feb was the lower body rotation. I was not really concerned with losing weight, more of trying to slim down my problem area's while gaining more definition & muscle throughout my UB. Followed by "healthier, cleaner" eating (I am in no ways the cleanest eater out there. I still love Mac n' Cheese, and I have not been able to give up my weekly burger fix). But I try to limit my portions and include lots of fruit, veggies, healthy grains and lean protein in my diet without deprivation. Nothing to write home about, but it works for my lifestyle and personality (I love food!!). I have not measured my progress in inches, instead I have gone down 2 pant sizes, which for me is HUGE. Pants don't lie. All the pants that used to fit me before my pregnancy, are all big and loose in the thigh/butt area. But I don't consider myself an exceptional case. There are people here that have gotten amazing results from STS and other rotations. I guess you just have to find what works for you (trial and error).
The rotation you are on, is that the STS/LIS 3 month? Personally, I would encourage you to stick with it (even though I don't own STS, everyone swears by it). After the 3 months, you can switch to another. Changing up your routine is an excellent way to continue seeing results. If you can do high impact, also consider Dec hi/low rotation. You get the best of both. I also loved the Feb rotation as I was encouraged to really "up" my weight for the heavy LB w/o's like Gym Style Legs. I truly believe that incorporating heavy weights for both the UB/LB is key to changing a pear-shape body composition to look leaner and more proportioned. Yes, I found working my legs 2X/week has helped.
Unfortunately, there is no generic outline for comparable w/o's on the rotations (that is a wonderful idea I think Cathe should consider). I also do not own Cathe's entire collection and have to sub when necessary. You can surely sub with what you have on your list as far as the "weight training" aspect of the rotation. There is a lot of kickboxing on the rotation and high impact cardio. Are you able to invest in a few of those? If not, I'm sure the LIS cardio w/o's would be comparable. PM me of you have any more questions as I would be happy to help you (as best as I can!).

Good luck!

Natasha

I love reading about everyones success with this rotation. I'm a classic upside down triangle meaning I have broad shoulders. My upper body builds really easy which I don't like. I find that most rotations have to much upper body for my liking so I'm thinking that this rotation or even LIS would be better for me. Does anyone else have this problem or is mostly everyone pear shaped?

I love reading about everyones success with this rotation. I'm a classic upside down triangle meaning I have broad shoulders. My upper body builds really easy which I don't like. I find that most rotations have to much upper body for my liking so I'm thinking that this rotation or even LIS would be better for me. Does anyone else have this problem or is mostly everyone pear shaped?

Hi,
I am not pear shaped, nor triangle shaped (I love these terms!). I guess I have more of a coke bottle shape. I have broad shoulders and hips and a defined waist. I do have the ability to put on some muscle, though, so in that way I can relate to your comment about your upper body building up easily. I'm actually actively trying to build more muscle in my upper body so I've been lifting heavier than I used to, and I have been focusing on more pushups, moving to the toes instead of just doing them on the knees like I used to do. However, if I wanted to just maintain my upper body, I would simply lift lighter weights, or do pushups on my knees. This would help me maintain my tone, but not bulk up. Perhaps that would work for you?

Eva

Thanks Eva. My upper body responds super quick to weights so I think that dropping down to once per week of training is more then enough for me. This rotation should be good for that.

deineira said:
For those who may be reading this long after February 2012 looking for new rotations, I just want to share my results. I saw significant changes in my lower body as a result of this rotation, which is not easy to accomplish for me. I did not lose any weight, but I did tone my legs. I also lost about an inch on each thigh. Not a huge amount, but results are VERY hard for me to get, so if I lost an inch, you'll probably double or triple my results...this seems to be the case for me relative to others. I ate clean, and had a cheat day, kept my calories at 1600-1800 and only missed one day of this rotation. I did sub the Cycle Max day with another dvd since I don't have a spin bike and don't go to the gym, and I also subbed out the HIIT 30/30 with BodyMax, since that fell on one of my long days, but other than that, I followed it to a "t".

Eva

Awesome Eva! I just started this rotation on Monday . I also have trouble getting results. Question: how many calories did you eat on your cheat day? So on the non-cheat days, you ate 1600-1800? I need to lose 15 lbs (just put on at least a few pounds from my Hawaiian trip last week) so I need to have some hope that this rotation will work: I scrapped the 3 month LIS/STS rotation after 7 weeks (halfway through) when I didn't see any results. I'm thinking I need more cardio to see results and the STS/LIS rotation is more weight-focused. The 2/2012 rotation seems to focus more on cardio, which is why I'm attracted to it.

I eat 1600-1800 most days myself and still didn't see any results on that rotation, and I eat clean for the most part, with only one cheat meal per week. Maybe I am eating too many calories? I weigh around 165-170 and am 5'4", work out 6 days per week. Almost every online calculator says I can eat around 2300 and still lose if I'm moderately active, though, so is it possible I'm eating too little? I seriously doubt it though because I did not eat like crazy during my vacation last week (ate around 2500 most days), did a ton of athletic activities, and my pants are still on the snug side.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.