Favorite rotation ever?

I did however do x train rotation I was so happy about that so that's my fav rotation. Because it's the only one I was able to stick with lol. I think because it allowed me to have the right amount of everything jumping, lifting, cardio, HIIT ect. Loved the results as well !!

Oh my God!! Really?? Ouch!! How was this rotation even done? 400 any things I'd lose count of!! Boot camp once is hard but two times? ! Holy cow! What kind of results did did get with this? Was you a walking zombie? How did you tackle this? Pointers? I'd love to tackle and win a hard rotation like this! But it is hard to stick to one but then I end up seems like something always happens to detail me, feet, PF if it is a hard one. Or sometimes just if it ant a hard one just distractions in life and I end up having to do some other workout that isn't as long grr I know any workout is better then none. But I want to pick a rotation and actually find a beast of one start it and finish it!! I hate no finishing one grr

Lol....yup, it was a challenge, for sure. I had modifications and substitutions here and there but followed it according to the "focus" of each day. I didn't own any of the Hardcores yet, so I subbed Cardio Kicks drills for KickMax drills, PureStrength Legs for Gym Style, etc.

With the Lunges/Jacks/dips/push-ups etc I split it into a 4 set circuit. Week one was hard, week two much better, three was when I became Zombified by Wednesday, but went out really strong on week four. (By the way, I agree that Boot Camp IS hard once, but suprisingly, it is completely doable twice in a row. Really!)

Results: Don't think I lost pounds, but I got leaner and more "defined". My endurance, lifting strength and cardio abilities all increased, and I began getting better results with all my DVDs and running after the rotation. The best thing was what happened in my head: my whole attitude grew more positive and I gained renewed focus and motivation. I had a huge feeling of accomplishment and realized that I don't have to be afraid of pushing myself.

Pointers? Well, you must have your kitchen stocked and ready because this one will make you hungry. It will truely shock the body and that body will require quality nutrition. If you decide to choose a rotation and have trouble sticking to it, but yet really want to continue on and finish it, a lot of it is preparing the mind in advance for the commitment! If you have to miss a day here and there, or sub in something lighter due to PF or something, then just pick up where you left off when you are able. Once your mind is set for the challenge, you can make your body follow.

But this rotation takes quite a bit of time most days, so if you have a pretty busy life, you might want to look at something else- maybe something that calls for shorter workouts (because you can always add- on if you want to and time allows). I was really blessed that I wasn't working that month and my husband was out of town a lot....so I had very few time constraints, distractions and obligations.

I want to go "grrrr" too when my workout gets interrupted...

Julie

Now you've got me wanting to do this! I must say that I love a challenge (boot camp do-able twice through? really???? :confused:)
I'm also curious about the Jun 04 rotation with all the high step - my legs could probably do with it!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. (I think)

Julie!!!
That's what I call a great rotation review !! You really did take it step by step, what you felt like, and what it took each week mentally and physically and psychologically really!
Thanks!
And you are correct about the eating as well! Also I do have the time now so I really should try it. I am not working so I need to give this one a try! I was going to try STS in June but I Don't Know if I want to do a three month rotation yet. I really want to try to lose some of this bra over Hang and this fat that keeps hanging around my back and belly so I really might try this!
You should really do reviews on all your rotations you have tried in a thread somewhere!!! I'd read it and do according to what your results were or how you felt each week! Awesome review !!! I read every word and very motivational!! Thanks

Just looked at the Sweat and Tears rotation. HOLY CRAP!! That one is going down in my book as one to work towards!! I can't imagine how accomplished it must feel to complete that rotation!!

My Favorites

Hi,

I liked Xtrain with LIS rotation for Cathe workouts and Beach Body has that Combat rotation that was really fun and intermediate. I like working out but I can't handle a lot of impact. Plus I don't want to.
So these two rotations were gems for me!

Now you've got me wanting to do this! I must say that I love a challenge (boot camp do-able twice through? really???? :confused:)
I'm also curious about the Jun 04 rotation with all the high step - my legs could probably do with it!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. (I think)

Now I have to look at that. :)

I have to say the April 2014 "No Fools" Rotation. I may have tweaked the rotation a workout or two to add more spinning and leg work But I've been focusing on cleaner eating and loving the definition I'm seeing in my legs. I'm on week four and plan to pyramid back down this rotation for maximum summer time results :cool:.

Lisa

Lisa - I've just had another look at the April Fools rotation - it does look good. So now I'm undecided between the June 04 (maybe a bit too much high step?) and April 14. Maybe I could combine the two......

Mind you, I'm only 1 week into a 4 week rotation, so I may yet change my mind again!

I was thinking about buying body beast. I was looking for something new, but due to this thread I pulled out some older cathe workouts.
I forgot how much I love the intensity series. I had not done the original boot camp in forever. So I'm doing to do the Aug 2005 rotation, just tweak it to add more running.

So thanks for saving me $$$

Christie

Hmmm erasian, maybe it's time to post a new one?
Yes, indeed. I myself do not have enough experience to share a favorite. Though I discovered Cathe in late 90s, I was training with her on and off, and not following a rotation until about a year and half ago when I did train with her. Since November 2019, I completed LITE/ICE One month Rotation, Getting Started with Ripped With HIIT, Xtrain, STS, Rock Bottoms 13, and January 2021 and had excellent results (down 25 pounds and major body recomposition) despite a two month surgery break. My rotations in my "to try next" list is already long (Fit Split, January 2014, Fit Tower, Strong and Ripped, FitnessFreak January 2007, June 2004, July 2009, August 2007, Rock Bottoms 2006 and 2011, Step Boss Step Lovers' One Month Rotation in addition to revisiting STS, Xtrain and RWH) but I still wonder what good rotations I missed since 2014 when this thread was last active.

I just chimed in to keep this thread going. I'm going to have to try some of the rotations you listed. I love anything from the ICE series.

Wow eraslan, I'm impressed with your list of completed rotations. I have completed Cathe's original STS, Xtrain, LITE & ICE various combos, FitSplit, P30, one of the Step Boss, and various monthly rotations that include a variety of her workouts. I've been a little intimidated by the RWH rotation and only include the workouts with other DVDs from other series. I don't have a "favorite" rotation per se, but I usually check out Cathe's rotation of the month, and of course her rotations in the User Guides when a new series comes out. I usually then modify to fit my schedule and goals. In my own rotations, I try to include 3 days of weight workouts (including metabolic weight training) and 2-3 cardio workouts/week. I often do a week's worth of a series, so this month I rotated 2 weeks of STS and mixed cardio with a week of LITE workouts and another week of LIS workouts. I'm debating next month's rotation ... STS for 2-3 weeks with mixed cardio, but haven't decided on the other 1-2 weeks. I'm approaching STS in an undulating manner and hope to complete the series in 5-6 months. I had better results with the undulating Xtrain approach than the progressive approach of the original STS rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.