Fat Burner that works for lower body

Nobuko

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

I just finished my very first figure competition and received the 2nd place. Unfortunately my upper and lower body didn't match perfectly.. My upper body got too lean for my lower body. I was advised to concentrate on my hamstrings and glutes area. I know there is no magic pills... but I'm just wondering if there's some kind of supplements or fat burner that taragets women's lower body... I really appreicate if you'd let me know. Thanks.

Congratulations! Would you be willing to post some photos? I'm always awed by women who compete . . . so much discipline.

Mo

I'd love to hear if anyone has used this and what their results were....I mean, I'm a skeptic, ok?

BestICan

WOW!!!! $69.99!!!! I'll buy a few more workout dvds for that....

Unless somebody tells me it works!!!!:7 :7 :7

Gee, what ingreident isn't in the product would easier to list on the label.

Wouldn't it be all over the news if it worked?

Namita

I think it's like any other "magic" in a bottle. I'm sure it has some fat burning qualities with caffeine and Yohimbine. I think it was intended for women who are already very lean.

I don't know, if you could buy a fit body, everyone would have one. Don't you think?

There is one line from a movie that my husband likes to repeat when I'm complaining how hard it is to get in shape and eat clean.

He says-

"It's the hard that makes it so great."

That is a line from the movie "A League of Their Own."

Very true.

I believe plyo training is a good way to help lean out the lower body. I would do it more often myself if it weren't so darned painful! }( :p

"Gee, what ingreident isn't in the product would easier to list on the label.

Wouldn't it be all over the news if it worked?"

Exactly! Too funny Namita. I love looking at the ingredients lists and doing research on these types of things, and it's always the same:
a. doesn't work (most products)
b. works in a dangerous way (e.g. hydroxycut)
c. works in a gross way (e.g. alli-style explosive diarrhea) or
d. "works" in a way that's so minimal and hypothetical that it's a total waste of money

So...if anyone has any results they'd like to share with other lifestyle variables controlled, I'd love to hear it, but I think I'll spend my money on some tried and true workout dvds and fresh produce.

Thank you all for some advice... I think I just need to keep forcusing on my lower body and work harder....unless like many of you girls said someone is actually a living proof of this expensive product.... OK girls, work out harder!

I remember a while back some women on the forum were into 'freestyle' workouts. They were (if I understand correctly), working the lower body every day with lighter weights (or no weights). From what I understand, some women were getting good results with this program. Maybe they'll chime in with some information. I remember Carole was really into this so maybe she can help you. :)

Carolyn

Carolyn is correct. Freestyle training for the lower body will make you slimmer. If you do a search of the forum using "Freestyle" you could stand to find a wealth of info. It hasn't been discussed much lately but there was a time when it was all over the boards!:)

I too have problems with my lower body and looked up exercises for women specifically. A couple articles did advise to use low weights and higher repetition. Also, the step is not so good if you want to loose the lower body. Aparently walking/running are the key. I enjoy the step so I just keep it at one riser.

I've lowered my weights when doing lower body and I do her lower body floor workout almost daily. I actually measure myself this morning and I've lost 2 inches off my hips (and waist) in the last three weeks. So I think easing the weights on the lower body is a good thing.

OK... a guy here... but thought I'd share some experience with you.
I have tried some pills from France which target fat-burning around the abdomen and thighs, Biotherm's Abdosculpt Gel and 4-3-2-1 Detoxifying Iced Tea (which also targets the abdomen area) - all recommended or targeted to males... and I have come to the following conclusion: As long as I eat clean I lose abdomen fat (which I would lose anyway since I workout) and once I stopped using this stuff (pills, gel or drink) the body fat returns and takes longer to get rid of since the body relies solely on supplements to shed fat ... until today I still have excess fat around my waist and I literally kill myself to undo the damage they have done...:-( Power Yoga and Functional Fitness help a lot, thank God!
So, the bottom line is eat clean and find the appropriate exercises which target your problem area.

Chris.

>"Gee, what ingreident isn't in the product would easier to
>list on the label.
>
>Wouldn't it be all over the news if it worked?"
>
>Exactly! Too funny Namita. I love looking at the ingredients
>lists and doing research on these types of things, and it's
>always the same:
>a. doesn't work (most products)
>b. works in a dangerous way (e.g. hydroxycut)
>c. works in a gross way (e.g. alli-style explosive diarrhea)
>or
>d. "works" in a way that's so minimal and hypothetical that
>it's a total waste of money
>
>So...if anyone has any results they'd like to share with other
>lifestyle variables controlled, I'd love to hear it, but I
>think I'll spend my money on some tried and true workout dvds
>and fresh produce.

One time I was watching Oprah! and she turned to the audience and said "If you could BUY a cure for fat... don't you think I would have it???"

>WHICH floorwork routine are you using?
>
>Thank you-BestICan

Butt's and Guts. I actually enjoy the entire workout with lower weights but I believe the key for me is the floor portion.

>I too have problems with my lower body and looked up
>exercises for women specifically. A couple articles did
>advise to use low weights and higher repetition. Also, the
>step is not so good if you want to loose the lower body.
>Aparently walking/running are the key. I enjoy the step so I
>just keep it at one riser.
>
>I've lowered my weights when doing lower body and I do her
>lower body floor workout almost daily. I actually measure
>myself this morning and I've lost 2 inches off my hips (and
>waist) in the last three weeks. So I think easing the weights
>on the lower body is a good thing.

Which lower body routine? I alternate Butts & Gutts and GSL, doing legs twice a week with heavy weights and It's not quite doing it, even though I'm sore all the time. I'm for almost anything that means dropping the weight but, working the legs every day? Uh oh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.