Ezekiel bread

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Yesterday I found Ezekiel bread in our military commissary here in Germany. The only thing I know about EB, it’s very healthy. It’s sold frozen. The only time I heard of Ezekiel bread was here on this forum. How do I store it? And how long can I keep it? For now I put it in the refrigerator. Do you eat it like regular bread?

Thanks for you advice.

Belinda: I love Ezekiel bread! I put the loaf I am currently using in the fridge and haven't had it go bad- it probably stays in there for around 3 weeks. We don't go through it very fast. :) Hope you like it- I have found that it makes excellent toast with a little peanut butter.

I just discovered Ezekial bread thru this book I'm reading "Eat this & Live" by Don Coleman. I really liked it also but it is expensive IMO. I ate mine as toast w/PB also. The way my teenage boys go thru bread it will have to be a treat!

I love Ezekiel bread so much I've stopped making my own! The wraps are good too. I freeze it and then keep it in the fridge when a packet is open.

Also, for those with access to a Trader Joe's, I've never found this brand cheaper anywhere.

Sparrow

Patti, I never seen or tasted Ezekiel bread before. I never found it in El Paso. I am glad I put the bread in the fridge. LOL! I wasn’t sure if that was the right thing to do! We don’t put German bread in the fridge. I will try some with PP.

Tami, I agree, it was expensive! I paid $4.19 in the commissary. I really wanted to try it, so I didn’t care. I am glad my DH didn’t see how much I spent on the bread, he thinks I am nuts for spending almost $3 for organic bread. LOL!

Debbie, all the organic breads come frozen, once they put the bread on the shelf (the bread was half frozen), can I put it back in the freezer? I never did that before?

Sporrow, I haven’t seen any wraps in our commissary yet, maybe soon? Lately, I am so surprised finding all that healthy stuff on a military installation. About time.

GMonkey, I am gonna have to try avocado, sea salt, and lemon. That sounds really good.

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate your impute!

I've used it for sandwiches, but found that it didn't keep very long at all out of the fridge. Within five days or so, it got moldy. I'll have to try putting it in the fridge on day 1.

Shelbygirl

At my local grocery store (Giant Eagle) it is sold out of a refrigerator case by all the organic foods. I am going to have to try it now!

Carrie

I have also used Ezekiel bread for a breakfast casserole that has egg whites and sausage in and everybody raves about it. Plus I use it to make stuffing. Just break it into small cubes and bake it at 350 for about 10 minutes. And I also use it for my sandwiches. I also occasionally buy Trader Joe's brand of sprouted bread because it's a bit cheaper.

Yesterday I found Ezekiel bread in our military commissary here in Germany. The only thing I know about EB, it’s very healthy. It’s sold frozen. The only time I heard of Ezekiel bread was here on this forum. How do I store it? And how long can I keep it? For now I put it in the refrigerator. Do you eat it like regular bread?

Thanks for you advice.

I love Ezekiel bread. You are so lucky that your commissary carries it, ours doesn't. I buy it at Safeway. I have a freezer full of the breads and english muffins.:)

Sarah

The english muffins are my favorite. I also like the hamburger buns!

Every day I have an Ez muffin with almond butter and blueberry fruit spread, it's one of my favorite "snacks!"

Ezekiel bread is the only bread I'll eat!!!! I buy mine frozen at Whole Foods, though I've bought it at Trader Joe's and Wegman's, too. It lasts a long time if frozen or in the fridge.

On Thanksgiving, I made stuffing using Ezekiel bread (got the recipe from Clean eating or Oxygen...I can't remember) and it was delicious!!!

I had some Ezekiel bread today with PP, it was so yummy! Thanks everyone for you advice and suggestions! I really appreciate it.

I love EB toasted with turkey and lettuce. I always just keep it in the freezer.

If you find the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread - you must try it as well. It is far and away my favorite treat - frozen, room temp, toasted, or toasted with peanut butter.

I'm curious why this bread is better for you than say Natures own High Fiber bread,which as about 5 grams of fiber per slice and I think only 80 calories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.