Exercise, Losing Weight, BrightLine Eating

I did BLE in 2015 and all it did was make me obsessed with food. I had about 10 lbs to lose and it was honestly one of the worst programs I have ever done. I just don't think it is a normal way to eat, and in the long run is not sustainable for most people. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for me (and several other people I know) it was a huge waste of money.

Not all programs work the same way for each other, so it is necessary to try more and to realize which program suits you and you like to follow it. I personally tried a lot of diets until I found modernfit.com I read a lot and I found out that it is one of the simplest programs and that it is very effective. You don't have to look for an expensive program because it doesn't matter how much the program costs, it matters how efficient the program is. Look for an expensive program because it doesn't matter how much the program costs, it matters how efficient the program is.

Last edited:
Not all the programs work for everyone the same way.
That is true. Programs don't work for the same people equally. My rule of thumb is this.

If you find a program and you love it, BrightLineEating, Weight Watchers, Low Carb, High Carb, All Meat, No Meat, NurtiSystem, JennyCraig, CountingCalories, Intermediate Fasting, One Meal A Day, MyFitnessPal, Richard Simmons Deal A Meal, only Potatoes for two Weeks, etc. If you find that you are losing and you feel really good, do it! But, if you feel hungry, crying, and ready to kill people, get off the diet plan as soon as possible. There are many other diet plans out there to lose weight on.

The real magic to lose weight is patience, eat less processed foods, cook your meals and eat real foods (foods that actually look like what it does naturally, like an Apple looks like an Apple and not Apple pie!), drink less soda and drink water when thirsty!

As for exercise, people think if you do hard core exercise you will lose weight. But, some say you get hungry later. I do get hungry later if I do something really sweaty, so plan my next meal for this. So, I do my step around 3pm and then eat at 5pm. And that helps me with not running to the grocery store and buying ice cream. Now, if I scheduled my step at 6pm after dinner then I want something sweet, like ice cream. I would suggest if you want to do exercise plan to eat your meal afterward then you will not over eat.

I look on exercise as helper to my body. It makes me feel better. It makes me breathe better and makes my headaches go away. I look on it that way. I use to look at it as burning calories and that got me in trouble, so I look at it as a treat for my body.

If you are new to exercise just walk. I wouldn't suggest you get you heart pumping really fast. Start slow and build up to it. When I first started I could only walk for 10 minutes at a time and there was no way I could do 10 minutes of any Cathe workout. It takes time, but keep with it!

You can do this!! Find something you love and stick with it! Because if you don't like it, you will not stick with!

Jen Den

Jen Den, this is 100% pure wisdom to live by.
Thank You for agreeing Lisa!! So many times we view exercise as if I do it for an hour I can eat whatever I want afterword. This is magical thinking sets up for failure. When we go back to that old way of eating, it changes are brain. In a way food is like a drug, if we eat cakes, cookies, chips, pies etc. long enough most of us will get hooked back on them crave them and can't stop eating them. I am not saying eating a piece of cake or having a scoop of ice cream is going to make you a food addict, but it you continually eat this way you will have a hard way to stop. And exercising won't take the calories from these binges go away. All exercise in my experience helps your body feel better by pumping your heart better, filling your lungs with better oxygen. It makes you more flexible. It makes you less sleepy. Makes you more alert. It actually helps you with your sleep and mood.

This is the last thing I will say about exercise, do it for better health not to take away from your food binge. Because exercise is not a magical eraser for a food binge. That isn't how it works.

Jen Den

Thank You for agreeing Lisa!! So many times we view exercise as if I do it for an hour I can eat whatever I want afterword. This is magical thinking sets up for failure. When we go back to that old way of eating, it changes are brain. In a way food is like a drug, if we eat cakes, cookies, chips, pies etc. long enough most of us will get hooked back on them crave them and can't stop eating them. I am not saying eating a piece of cake or having a scoop of ice cream is going to make you a food addict, but it you continually eat this way you will have a hard way to stop. And exercising won't take the calories from these binges go away. All exercise in my experience helps your body feel better by pumping your heart better, filling your lungs with better oxygen. It makes you more flexible. It makes you less sleepy. Makes you more alert. It actually helps you with your sleep and mood.

This is the last thing I will say about exercise, do it for better health not to take away from your food binge. Because exercise is not a magical eraser for a food binge. That isn't how it works.

Jen Den

Jen Den, you have said the most reasonable, sensible and doable way to live, lose weight (keep the weight off too) and enjoy life. :)

Jen Den, you have said the most reasonable, sensible and doable way to live, lose weight (keep the weight off too) and enjoy life. :)
Thank You! Workout!

I was watching the 600 pound life and I came to this realization. These people that were eating all these processed food (cakes, doughnuts, fried food, fast food, junk food, pies, cookies, ice cream, chips and soda. They kept saying "I can't stop! It never keeps me full! I wish I didn't have to eat this way". These people never ate fruits and vegetables. All they ate was processed food, which consisted of wheat, oil, corn, sugar and beef, which are all subsides of the American food industry. No wonder they kept eating. When they stop eating these foods, their life improved and their weight went down. Now, about their cravings. Because they put so much emphasis on food being their friends or even lovers that was hard to give up and some never gave it up all and many had to go to therapy to help them. But, to realize that eating processed foods does something to the brain is half the battle the second part of the battle is to stop putting emotion on food. Food is food. Food doesn't have an emotion like it is our friend. Food doesn't speak to us. Food doesn't give us hugs when we are sad. All food does is gives us energy or it is stored in our body as fat. That is all it does.

Yes, we use food as celebration like birthday or graduation, which I find that is fine. But, we don't have birthdays everyday or we don't graduate everyday. We should learn how to use food as nourishment and fuel and to feed our hunger. And once we do that, then we can finally lose weight and keep it off.

Jen Den

Thank You! Workout!

I was watching the 600 pound life and I came to this realization. These people that were eating all these processed food (cakes, doughnuts, fried food, fast food, junk food, pies, cookies, ice cream, chips and soda. They kept saying "I can't stop! It never keeps me full! I wish I didn't have to eat this way". These people never ate fruits and vegetables. All they ate was processed food, which consisted of wheat, oil, corn, sugar and beef, which are all subsides of the American food industry. No wonder they kept eating. When they stop eating these foods, their life improved and their weight went down. Now, about their cravings. Because they put so much emphasis on food being their friends or even lovers that was hard to give up and some never gave it up all and many had to go to therapy to help them. But, to realize that eating processed foods does something to the brain is half the battle the second part of the battle is to stop putting emotion on food. Food is food. Food doesn't have an emotion like it is our friend. Food doesn't speak to us. Food doesn't give us hugs when we are sad. All food does is gives us energy or it is stored in our body as fat. That is all it does.

Yes, we use food as celebration like birthday or graduation, which I find that is fine. But, we don't have birthdays everyday or we don't graduate everyday. We should learn how to use food as nourishment and fuel and to feed our hunger. And once we do that, then we can finally lose weight and keep it off.

Jen Den

Hi Jen Den, many years ago I had a bad relationship with food that required therapy and something that my therapist said that totally clicked that goes with what you said that sometimes people look at food as the friend, lover, etc and it's hard to give it up, so my therapist said that "The only power that food has over you is the power you have given it". LIke you said food is food, and it's true, I even stomped on a cookie during therapy and it didn't even cry or complain!! Hee-hee

You're correct, food gives us energy (the right foods, not processed junk) and nourishment - weight loss will happen. I love food now and I eat foods that have energy, of course, every now and then I do treat myself to a cookie (I don't stomp on it anymore) or some ice cream too and I enjoy all of it.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your posts, it actually made me more determined to continue my healthy eating regardless of what people say (yup, there are those that say "you're eating too healthy"). :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.