Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Workout got put on the back burner today. Feeling nauseous again and just wiped outl Feeling some good tricep DOMS however from last evening's workout. :)
Hope your acupuncture is going well Cendrine.
Caitlin, sounds like we are in the same boat! If I am not out of this craphole by February! Erghh! I am very ready to move out of here and finally get some decent sleep.

Tomorrow I have tons of housework to do and hoping to get in a nice workout with some core work.

Power failures, broken showers, and dead car batteries are no fun!! I hope everything gets back to normal for all of you.
Elsie, I hope your nausea gets better soon, whenever I have a difficult evening sleeping I tend to feel nauseated all day as well.
Monday I did afterburn, Tues I did my AG class in the evening, and today was yoga. It has been a productive week, next week will be crazy with the boys coming home and the holiday.

Power failures, broken showers, and dead car batteries are no fun!! I hope everything gets back to normal for all of you.
It's been that kind of week I guess! lol

Katie, you go with your consistent workouts! You are probably still burning calories from AfterBurn.
Today, I did a 15 min YT Pilates for Scoliosis improvement video and a 21 min YT Squats & Planks video that was tough for me. Might get in more cardio tonight. We'll see.
If anyone's interested in this quickie

I did treadmill yesterday and ripped with hiit legs today. I just did the weights premix. I like this one and am able to go heavy.

Have a great weekend, all!

Great job on your workout Cendrine. I like having a variety of leg workouts to do to challenge muscles differently. I need to get some more. I have Xtrain Leg Blast and would like to get the regular Xtrain Legs (+rear delts) as well. It never goes on sale!! lol

Today, I received in the mail one of Cathe's earlier dvds containing Basic Step and Cardio & Weights. I am hoping I can keep the patience to learn step cause I have had a lot of difficulty with it in her other workouts that I have tried out (even ones that folks here say are simple to learn!)
So, going to try Basic Step tonight after DH goes to bed. I also got did a little cardio on the mini trampoline today. The steps in Cardio & Weights looks intimidating for me, but the workout itself looks like something up my alley! :)

HAPPY Friday!!!

Elsie, thanks for the squats and planks video, this looks like something I may be interested in trying. C&W is a really fun DVD, the step is not very complicated. I usually try to learn complex dvds in segments after my w/o. I will keep the remote in my hand and keep rewinding until I get that segment. I will just learn a little each day so it doesn't frustrate me.

I did xtrain bis and tris and the bonus rear delts yesterday. I am planning on doing AOLI today, and will take off tomorrow and the rest of the week to prepare for the Holliday. Two of my sons will be home for the holidays. I never seem to get all 3 of
them home at the same time anymore.
I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Have fun with AOLI Katie & enjoy your 'rest' week. Doing a lot of baking? :) Thank you for the tips on trying to figure out moves AFTER workout. That's smart!

I actually didn't get to my dvd last night & today was very busy. I got in a walk around the lake at least and saw some horses, loved it! Did a short 'on all fours' lower body routine after the walk. Good very low impact glute w-o.
Undecided about my workout tomorrow. Ought to try out the step really although I am feeling like doing weights as I haven't done much this past week. See what I have time for in the morning.

Have fun with AOLI Katie & enjoy your 'rest' week. Doing a lot of baking?
Elsie, I have 10 people coming on thanksgiving so I will be doing a lot of cooking. My on son and his fiancee are arriving on wednesday, more cooking, yuck!! I really don't enjoy planning meals and cooking. I am baking a few fun things, apple pie and bourbon pumpkin bars. I will also be stuffing figs with either peanut butter or walnuts then rolling them in sugar, everyone loves these!
Today I did some cleaning, raked leaves, and did laundry.
I decided to do RWH low impact on saturday instead of AOLI. Tomorrow I plan on doing CSS or AOLI, Tues I will go my yoga class and that will be it for the week.
I hope you have a nice week, I probably won't be checking in until next week.

Elsie, I have 10 people coming on thanksgiving so I will be doing a lot of cooking. My on son and his fiancee are arriving on wednesday, more cooking, yuck!! I really don't enjoy planning meals and cooking. I am baking a few fun things, apple pie and bourbon pumpkin bars. I will also be stuffing figs with either peanut butter or walnuts then rolling them in sugar, everyone loves these!
Today I did some cleaning, raked leaves, and did laundry.
I decided to do RWH low impact on saturday instead of AOLI. Tomorrow I plan on doing CSS or AOLI, Tues I will go my yoga class and that will be it for the week.
I hope you have a nice week, I probably won't be checking in until next week.

That's a lot of cooking and preparing! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you. (when you come back, please share your pumpkin bar recipe ..sounds so so good)

Today, I did another one of Evin's YT workouts. A quick one for the Back and the Chest section from Cardio & Weights and gave Basic Step a go. I caught on the nearly everything ..Yay! But my pace was pretty far behind this first time. The time did go by quickly. Cathe is so sweet in this video. :)

Monday- sore calves from step (I know, I know it's barely intermediate!), so rest day.
Tues/Today- my own floor hip band work, KCM's Lower Body from Splits which also has a bit of (standing) band work. :) and two sets of very slow bicep lifting.

Today, LS 4 mile walk, one armed tricep push ups and some arm band work.
Just have a couple days left on my Gaiam TV trial, so thought I'd do a LS walk. Probably be my last one, I am not such a fan. She seems nice enough, but her constant chat, shrill laugh and talking about kicking cats ...I dunno about her! lol.

Hope you are all having the most wonderful week and seeing at least a couple of the ICE clips! lol. Nah, you are all doing Thanksgiving I'm sure. Happy Thanksgiving from me in Canada. :)

Happy belated thanksgiving! We didn't have any family so it was just us, which was nice and quiet. Not a lot of cooking, thankfully, that can tire one out in not time. All the things you made though, Katie, sound wonderful! We have this favorite cranberry pie I make every year. It's really yummy and such a nice alternative to pumpkin pie.

Dd singlehandedly decorated the Christmas tree this year. She really got into it and keeps making adjustments.... Lol!

I did lean legs, which was lighter than what I've been doing for legs, but it got me sore....

Elsie, basic step is a great one to get familiar with some of Cathe's terms and such. C&W is one of my first and all time faves, once you get the hang of it you will be addicted!

I had a lovely holiday with two of my sons and their girlfriends/fiancee. My dinner was the best I have ever made!! I made some dishes from the CHEW Tv program, and wow were they good. I decided to make a pumpkin cheesecake instead of the bourbon pumpkin bars, I am going to save them for the Xmas holiday. Cendrine, I have never made a cranberry pie, I would love that recipe.
I took 4 days off of exercising, today I did afterburn. It was tough to do after the break, I did drop my weights a little with the shoulder work.

Just so nice to hear of your TG times and treats ladies. :) Katie, your desserts sounds so good.
I also have been on a three day 'rest' of sorts. My period this month just has really done me in. Cannot stay on my legs for more then 15 mins at a time (not even to shower). So listened to my body. Plus, I have been getting in some excellent workouts before, so not feeling bad about it.
I'll be back by Tuesday I am hoping.

Got back into it :) today with TimeSaver #4 (Kickbox-Shoulders) plus two sets of biceps and one long set of tubing back exercises. I was struggling to get through it today.

I did STS 1 on Mon, yesterday was yoga, today I did STS 2. I dropped my wts considerably so that the golfer's elbow doesn't return. I slowed the pace and really concentrated on using the muscle, and wow did I feel it. My triceps were quivering esp with the one arm tricep pushups. My plan is to do the first month of STS, if my golfer's elbow returns I'll then switch to another endurance series.
It is rainy and miserable here today so I am going to do some work around the house. I hope you all are having a nice day.

Oh, those slowed down tricep push ups are killer!! Congrats on your progress, Katie. :) I do hope your golfer's elblow doesn't return. Take it easy on upward dogs.
Today I did Linda Woolridge 41 minute Fit Ball Thighs and then popped in Slow & Heavy for calf raises only. My legs are on fire! Linda's workouts are so much harder than they look. I couldn't get through the quad work.

I'll try to find the electronic version of the cranberry pie recipe and figure out how to upload it, Katie. I think you would really like it! Your cheesecake sounds great. My brother in law is a chef and has this sugar cookie crust pumpkin cheesecake thing he does. Dangerous stuff!

Sorry to hear about your period, Elsie, I have some odd months here and there too...

Monday I did great glutes, then three days of treadmill and today was strain legs.

Happy weekend!

Yesterday/Thurs: Rest Day. Today: went to Pilates class and will do a Chest workout tonight. Haven't decided which one or DIY quite yet.

Cendrine, work those glutes!! ;)What is strain Legs?

I went to yoga on Thursday, yesterday was STS legs disc 3, today I did low max.
It is a beautiful weekend here so I am hoping to get outside to walk the dog, and put out some xmas lights. I had to purchase new lights this year, I had quite a few strands that didn't work.
Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.