Endurance vs strength

CathydsRNA

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I have a question for you. I have also posted in open discussion in case someone reading that forum can help.

I know the benefits associated with endurance strength training in terms of increasing lactate threshold and the benefits associated with that. My question is specific to muscle development and muscle fiber recruitment. Are there specific muscle growth gains associated with endurance type workouts (where you are using lower weights but a high number or reps) that you can't get from other strength workouts such as those where you are using heavier weights and lower reps. I know that you feel the burn more with endurance but that burn while important for improving lactate threshold is irelevant to what is going on in terms of muscle growth. So... is there any other benefit to endurance workouts? Will they build up muscle fibers that slower and heavier workouts won't? Thanks.:)

bumping..
I really want to know the answer to this too! Is there any concrete benefit in terms of muscle development to doing this kind of training???? I know there would be a benefit if you did this and no heavier weight training but what is the benefit, besides functional fitness and helping with other workouts of mixing the two? If heavier weights and lowere reps builds muscle better, this is what I am going to stick with for this purpose. I may through some endurance in for other reasons but less frequently.

Micki

We write bump when we want to keep a thread up in the first page so Cathe can see it. Also, you can bump a thread in other forums so others see it and it doesn't get lost in older pages.

edited for grammar errors

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.