Done with Meso 1!!

jolene_hajj

Cathlete
I finished Meso 1 this morning and am heading into my one week off/cardio week. I must say, this is a fantastic workout and I have never seen results faster than I have seen with STS! I am amazed because I have always worked out pretty hard and have been frustrated with limited results. Already, though, I am seeing good tone and some defintion and I can only imagine how much better things will improve with Meso 2 and 3!!

Also - holy cow - was #12 hard or what?! These leg workouts are killer but even the leg conditioning part was really challening. I will say that the stability ball leg raises were a bit easier after doing STS. I ALWAYS struggle with them in B&G and get frustrated, but my hamstrings must be getting stronger because I was able to get through it without stopping! Woohoo!!

Just thought I'd get a thread going with whoever else is done with the first mesocycle!

Jolene

*Arm pump* I'm done too! Duh, of course we're both done since we're sisters and started the program together. I gotta say - this is quite an accomplishment and we're only 1/3 of the way there! Can only imagine how great we'll all fear after Meso #2 and #3 are done!

congrats to both of you!!! my last meso 1 disk is tomorow and Im so excited!!! I have to say I LOVED MESO 1...I can't wait to start Meso 2!!!
STS was so worth waiting for!!!

Congrats sisters! :) I'm almost done I just have one more w/o #11 (I did 12 before 11). I'm tired and will need a good recovery week. What are you planning to do during the recovery week?

I'm going to do lots of cardio - alternating between spinning and running, and of course some abs thrown in for good measure. I've been running for awhile now but am going to get my sister into it next, slowly but surely she'll be running 5ks (and a 10k in Oct!) with me, so next week we'll start that process together, right Jo?? :p

Congrats sisters! :) I'm almost done I just have one more w/o #11 (I did 12 before 11). I'm tired and will need a good recovery week. What are you planning to do during the recovery week?

I'm almost done #12 is for Saturday! Thanks for the warning on # 12:eek:

For my off-week I'm thinking about doing the doing the Cross-Train Express series - less than an hour of cardio, maybe some of Cathe's running drills, etc.

What's everyone else doing?

Yes, I'm going to start running - grumble ;-) And I'll do some spinning and maybe add in a Cathe cardio DVD of some kind, plus STS abs :)

YAY!!!! me too! just finished back/tri's for meso 1. also did med ball abs. it was fun. would love to do the partner one, but don't have anyone to do it with. lookin forward to the week off. what are ya'll plans for your week off? i haven't quite decided what to do. i do know i want to do one of the ab workouts everyday. cuz i have only done 2 of them.
cathy

hi again. i have a dumb question. what is the difference between a medicine ball and the smaller weighted balls? can't think of what they're called. i did med. ball abs w/my 6# firm ball cuz i don't have a med. ball. is it necessary to have a med. ball?
thanks, cathy

Me too!! Done with Meso 1! It was lots of fun, and looking forward to Meso 2, but I'm really looking forward to my rest/recovery week, I made some plans to go away for a few days on my week off. I just have to watch my eating, so I don't negate any of my progress. I'm taking my official one month measurements on Saturday.

Congratulations to finishing! Also, thanks for giving your reviews of the first meso. I liked reading them. Gives me motivation. ;)

Finished Mesocycle 1 this morning, then previewed disc 13, OH MY!

Disc 12 was a little easier for me to do than 3, 6, or 9 :) I'm not sure what I'll do for recovery week, probably cardio & stretching--lots of stretching.

I've never done a structured program before but find I'm loving it.

Janie

I finished this morning too! I feel like I got kind of mushy, however, my diet wasn't the best either. For the rest week I'm going to do kickboxing/running/stip and some yoga thrown in too. I hope to pull it together for Mesocycle 2 and get back on the clean eating track!!

Charlene

Finished Mesocycle 1 this morning, then previewed disc 13, OH MY!

Disc 12 was a little easier for me to do than 3, 6, or 9 :) I'm not sure what I'll do for recovery week, probably cardio & stretching--lots of stretching.

I've never done a structured program before but find I'm loving it.

Janie

You look at #13 you are brave. I just finished meso 1 this morning and I almost cried. Those last drop sets for tri (close grip bench press) they brought tears to my eyes.:eek:. It seems like to me that the last week of meso 1 was the hardest. Maybe because I using the correct weights (after changing around 1rm) or because we are using heavy weight 70% with longer reps.

I will be done tomorrow with Meso 1 - thanks so much for the warning - legs is my favorite workout! I have to say it is a great workout and I have been getting up SUPER early to do it and I love it! I am gonna do a lot of cardio next week and running and abs. I have been much hungrier since starting, but have lost 2 pounds.

Does anyone know what happens after the meso cycles are all done in the 3 month period? Do we start all over?

hi again. i have a dumb question. what is the difference between a medicine ball and the smaller weighted balls? can't think of what they're called. i did med. ball abs w/my 6# firm ball cuz i don't have a med. ball. is it necessary to have a med. ball?
thanks, cathy

The only difference I can tell (and I have both) is that the med balls are harder - more like a basketball feel & the weighted balls are squishy.
Its the weights that important on the ball not the "feel" so your 6# "whatever" is fine. For me I am learning to like the squishy weighted balls because I have small hands and I can seem to grip these better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.