does this bother anyone else?

runner2

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
I just have a quick question or comment.I love cedie just as much as the next person , but what is up with all the yelping and wooping in the new vids? I just did Pyramid Lower Body and she was continuous in that....non stop....
I am sure I will get use to it as time goes on but I just wanted to know if it was just me or if anyone else felt the same?I guess I am noticing it so much b/c she was always so quite.Nothing wrong with a little bit of yelping every now , maybe it is just that time of month for me..:) Anyhoo, just wanted to know what everyone elses take is on this
Pam

Pam,
I don't have my workouts yet, but excessive whooping annoys me, even if it is understandable. Just be glad that Cedie doesn't have a microphone, as some forum member requested before the making of the new videos. THAT would REALLY be annoying.

Maybe she was over caffeinated? Maybe she thought the whooping would go better with her new, buffer look (like "high energy girl").WHo knows.

I say just "whoop" right back at her!

exactly HOW MUCH whooping are we talking about? It's a weight workout isn't it? Why should there be whooping?

I've convinced myself it has something to do with the counting, since it almost always comes with four reps left. However, it is not obnoxious whooping, it's more like release of tension and it sort of fits in unlike all that fake Denise Austin style whooping.
--Ann

Some of the whooping is not annoying,like you say,but there is one whooping noise that is in every video.It is like an extended whoop....and it drives me.
I don't like whooping noises either and I am finding myself looking at the t.v everytime it happens.I think that she is the only one doing it.I could understand if it was just a release of tension but I am sure Cathe as worked her pretty hard in some of the other videos and she has never made a sound.
Grin and bare it.It wouldn't prevent me from buying other videos , nor will it prevent me from doing these.But I am glad someone brought it up,I thought that maybe it was just me to.
Lori:)

Hi I just wanted to say I love Cede and think she's great but the whooping was a bit much for me. But i love the tapes and hopefully I'll get used to it, I wish there was some way to turn it off. I have to admit after doing some of those routines I want to whoop that i did it! But hopefully next videos they might be toned down a bit.
just a suggestion take it or leave it right?

Just wanted to let you all know that I for one LOVE whooping. I love to hear people working hard, releasing that tension etc. I just cannot believe that this bothers anyone. I'll have to watch out because I am an instructor and I probably whoop during my classes and it probably drives people nuts. But I think it is the coolest. So, Cedie, if you're reading this, WHOOP away girlfriend and enjoy yourself!!!

Have fun working out!

I have yet to receive my DVD's but I am always struck when someone posts about things like whooping (especially when the whooper is Cedie). The folks give their time and participate in the videos and if they feel enthused and whoop, how does that detract from the workout? We trust Cathe to give us a great workout. And she does! Why don't you whoop right along and not allow yourself to be annoyed? Cedie rocks, Cathe rocks.... Let it go and enjoy!

Yes, I noticed it, but I don't think it really bothers me. Like hounddog said, I think it's a counting issue. :D Maybe.........

Hollie

I know that some people like whooping and then others don't.And I didn't say anything bad about cedie,I love everyone of them.I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this or was it just me.Maybe there was whopping going on in other videos that I never noticed.
If it is a counting issue then maybe they should change that the next time.It could possibly be but she also says the numbers very often to, so I don't see why she should have to do both.
Anyway,like I said,I just wanted to know if it was just me.Did n't mean to step on anyones toes,it was just a discussion topic.
Pam

Awwww....no, no toes stepped on here, Pam! It's all good! I definitely noticed that in this new series, Cedie is much more vocal all around. Kinda neat, but weird because she normally IS so quiet!

Hollie

Wow! What is wrong with ME? I don't ever hear whooping! I have read that it's the worst in Step Jam, and yet I've done Step Jam a million times and have never heard a thing. I'm just concentrating so hard. But, I used to do Denise Austin, back in the stone age, and that girl can whoop!
Dawn

>I just cannot believe that this bothers anyone. I'll
>have to watch out because I am an instructor and I probably
>whoop during my classes and it probably drives people nuts.>
>Have fun working out!

But I think there's a big difference between being in a live class and whooping, and having a whooper on tape. The class is a one-shot deal, and the atmosphere is very different. Even if one is annoyed by whoops, it's soon forgotten. On a tape, however, you will be listening to the exact same whoop MANY, MANY times, and a little annoyance can become quite big.

Perhaps SNM could satisfy both "whoop devotees" and "whoop haters" by producing DVDs with both "whoopy" and "whoop-free" audio options:+

Hi there Cathe makes a kind of wolf or barking sound in one of the older vids. I think its in the first section of stepjam and I always laugh when I hear it. And the (was that a sheep?) line in stepfit I never get tired of thoose. Does any one know what she means in Bodymax 2nd section 2nd combo I think when she says (fooled you on the last one eh) ? Just wondering if she mixed the combo's up a little than was planned. I did hear more sounds than usual in the new vids and heared Cedie count, have to say that was different when she usually just smiles. She was thrown off a bit from the counting in Pyramid lowerbody, thought she was going to fall over on the last two reps. in the static lunges. I get worried when Cedie doesn't smile . Cheers!

Perfect...I am so glad that I didn't step on anyones toes.I know we work out with these people almost everyday and I didn't want to offend anyone:)
I just did Boot Camo then,she does alot of whooping in that one to. Near the end I could see why.But she was a little whoopy in the warmup to;-)I got use to it after a while.
I don't own step jam.Like I said most of my videos are pretty mellow.I don't own anything by Denise Ausin either.Kathy Smith is pretty quit as well.Now, I have some Mindy Mylera videos on the way.Shes pretty chatty.I can handle chatty just as long as she doesn't whoop to much :)
Thanks,
Pam

I read this post before I went home and did muscle endurance last night and really noticed the whooping noises even more. I can take it or leave. I am use to working out to Tamilee videos and not use to other people in the background so if I have a preference it is to see one person on the screen. Right now it more of an annoyance to me since the women in the videos all have super bodies where I think in Cathe's older videos the women looked like more of the people you see everyday.

Beth

I dig Cedie, if I looked that good you wouldn't get me to stop whooping! That's probably why I never "whoop" tho! Anyway, I don't have my DVD's yet, but just looking at that awesome smile and happy face always makes me work out harder!

Agreed - a little too much whooping on PLB. I do PUB for the first time tomorrow so hoping for not so much whooping. ;)

Dawn - I think in Step Jam, she mainly does that little wolf howl thing. From the videos I have, Step Heat is the worst for whooping.

I actually kinda like whooping, but only the first few times I do the video. Then after that it starts to grate a little.

I definitely think it's the nature of a video - you watch it over and over and over and you memorize every little thing. Things that seem petty, that wouldn't bother anyone in a class, start to really get on your nerves. It's like threads I've seen on other forums about background exercisers that they don't like - it's because you spend so much time with them! :)

I think that sheep comment in Step Fit is HILARIOUS. I always have to stop and giggle when she says it. I'm sitting here at work snuffling thinking of it.

See to me that is the best part. If I wanted to see unfit women workout, I'd just stare in the mirror. Just kidding, but I really do think it is inspiring and motivating to see all of those tight, toned bodies working so hard! I used to do Tamilee tapes a lot too but now I am very used to and enjoy seeing background exercisers. I hope you like the new series!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.