does this bother anyone else?

I am sitting here laughing. You guys crack me up... having the option of "whoopy and non-whoopy" on the videos. And... "If I looked that good I wouldn't stop whooping."

Actually when you've done these workouts for so long, heh, we are started to look like that and we are still "real" people. Shows it is possible. We are doin' it.

Thanks for the laugh, everyone.

And here I had a TOTALLY different take on the "whooping!"

I thought it was their way of saying, "okay Cathe, unless you want to do a re-take, we need to wind this segment up!"
It always seemed (to me) that it came towards the end of a segment, or after Cathe actually asked, "are you guys okay?"
I just figured it was their way of telling her, "hello~we're burning out here lady!" :)

But I'm one of the ones it doesn't bother at all, then again, Charlene Prickett's chattiness doesn't phase me either! :)

Donna

I've done that tape several times and never noticed any whooping. It must not be that bad if it can go unnoticed. the next time I do it I'll be looking for it

The worst I have ever heard was on Cardio Step Challenge (sorry Cathe). There was way too much whopping going on, and someone kept saying 'Oh Yeah!' about every five seconds and it just drove me nuts! That is the only time background noise has ever botherd me. I don't think its bad at all on the new workouts even though the group did get a little loud on Boot Camp. I do that too, when I start getting really tired, I kind of laugh at myself and make a little noise to clear any trapped air and to get that second wind.}(

If you want whooping, just look at the video preview of "Step in Motion I" on this site. I can't get the visual on my home computer, but Cathe's whooping and hooting from step one from what I hear on the soudtrack. Glad she's found other ways of motivating us since!

I"m another one that likes all that thar whoopin and a hollerin LOL. Bring it on is what I say. GO CEEDIE.

Cathe does the wolf call of the wild thing in the Wedding Video a few times and I just bust out with a grin everytime too. I also like all the yelping in SNM I. Call me a nut.

I used to take a live step class with my sister and another women she went to church with and this other woman hated the war whoops and hollers but my sister and me just LOVED it. Just a preferance like not wanting mustard on your hamburgers I guess.

Actually I'm glad to hear there is more whooping and hollering in the new series I kinda thought things had gotten a hair tooooo professional at times in some of the newer step videos. Not that I didn't like them, I love them all but I did miss that.

Edith

}( (a little devil when it comes to war whoopin)

No, it has not bothered me at all. I actually think it is just fine.

Cedie has been given, officially for this series, the role of counter and she also seems to be designated as the "whooper and hollerer" and it makes the tone different. I think Cathe made a deliberate decision to make things fun on this series and for the most part, bar Imax 2, it is. It lightens things up, reminds us all not to be sooooo serious all the time and helps also to get through those PUB 15 pound dumbell/hammer curls, outer body experiences and all. I like the fact that the crew is also right along there with me, having fun and/or groaning with the effort. It seems much more real and I feel like I'm a part of them, not just some lonely bod working out on her own again.

I think this is a minor issue and we certainly are a long way from returning to the lacy bike shorts, holler a second olden days.....

Clare

I think it was just a topic for discussion. No harm intended ,why do things have to be taken so seriously half of the time?
I think we should all laugh at ourselves... everyone has the right to their own opinion.Maybe if we don't have anything good to say, we shouldn't post.Not everyone looks at a workout the same way.I personnally don't like whopping either and it doesn't make me feel like I am right there with them :+

After reading all this talk about whooping I can hardly wait to see the new tapes. I just had to go and preview the Step and Motion tape to see what all the Noise ( ha ha ) was about. And there is was in all its glory, whooping till the cows came home. I laughed ( and I bet Cathe gets a kick out of it too ). I will wait to see the new tapes before commenting on those but here's hoping we all have something to whoop about while doing a Cathe tape or DVD because most of the time I don't have enough air to let out a woo let alone a whole whoop!!

I for one have to say I kind of like the whooping and the side comments on the videos...I actually have them about memorized and usually do it right along with them!I havent seen the new ones yet tho.....I can hardly wait to get them ...after reading all the posts about them i am quite excited!!!!

Well I finally got to watch Bootcamp, IMax and Muscle Endurance and I noticed the hollerin' too - I liked it! It really does lighten the mood and motivate at the same time. The whole group just really seems to be having a great time even though they are working their tails off. ;-)

I seem to be in the minority here but yes, it does bother me also. I wanted to order all the tapes in the library in DVD but after going back and doing them again, I cannot abide the "whoo hoo", it is so distracting. So, I just kept my VHS copies and won't be buying the oldest ones again. There are other instructors that do the same thing and after buying their tapes once I don't buy them again.
I love Cathe and am waiting for my DVD's (won't get them until next week here in California)but I hope it's not too noticeable. Everyone is different, that's why there is chocolate and vanilla!:)

I, also, like the whooping - Actually I never even noticed it and I have been doing the tapes for four weeks. Since I read this on the post yesterday - I took notice during Bootcamp and lo and behold Cedie whooped it up quite a bit!

Hey, she was having a good tiime and when I use to belong to a club a liked when people whooped because I enjoyed whoopine. I would only whoop when I really enjoyed the class or when things got difficult.

Some of you ought to try it once. It seems to give you more oxygen to keep you going when you are tired. When I start feeling like I can't do anymore I start whooping then I feel like I could go on forever.

Cheryl

Hey you guys, here is a thought. I have a fan I got from Sam's - it's a large round fan, the kind that sits on the floor - kinda like the big ones you see in shops, only a little smaller. It's a very powerful fan.

When I have this fan on, I can hear the instructor and music pretty well, but I can't hear anything else on the tape at all. I can't hear Cedie at all on PLB.

If that type of thing bothers you, you might want to try one of these fans. They are FANTASTIC for keeping me cool while working out (much better than the dinky little fans they normally have at KMart or whatever), and it drowns out all of the little noises that bug me while working out (other noises in the house).

I did PLB last night and I absolutely loveeeee this workout. I can really appreciate the sounds Cede makes, nothing out of the norm too me; when your enjoying your workout. And, too me that's what she doing enjoying the workout with a big smile on her face. Keep up the excellent work Cede

Teddygirl (who's ready to take the next step)

I gotta say that I know the whooping is going to get on my nerves. I just saw Boot Camp and it was annoying. Otherwise, an excellent, upbeat workout I can't wait to try, but I know I'm going to have to tune out the whooping.

Mogambo,
Maybe we "anti-whoopers" will have to find a way to combat out dislike of the whooping by joining in, or whooping so loud ourselves at those specific whooping points that we can't hear the video whoopers. I'm working on developping my own "battle cry" right now. Perhaps something à la Xena the Warrior Princess : KAI YAI YAI YAI YAI. Should scare the poo poo out of my cats !}(

I just did Boot Camp last night. I LOVE the whooping and counting - made it much more fun and real, since I'm usually whooping by myself:+

Lauren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.