Does anyone use the Terminator DVD?

sarahinva

Cathlete
Hi, everyone ~

I've been reading your posts for quite awhile, and I have a question for you. I have all of Cathe's videos and am in the process of selling those to purchase the dvd's. I have read many rotations and other posts about lots of workouts, but I rarely see anything about the Terminator dvd. In your opinions, do you all think this dvd is a wise choice for those of us watching our wallets?

Thanks!

I have the Terminator DVD and I love it. I personally pop for the Gauntlet workout, because it's a great salad of I-Max 2, Cardio+Weights AND my beloved Boot Camp. However, you're reading this post from someone who buys almost everything Cathe produces without having to count the cost, so having said THAT . . .

It would help for you to list what your current vid collection is, and what your conditioning level AND your fitness goals are. Once you've done that, I'm sure I and others could offer some more finely tuned opinions. The Terminator DVD is comprised of 3 separate circuit-style workouts; the chaptering is such that you can scoot around among workouts and chapters within workouts to pretty much design what you want, but again each is circuit, and that's one helpful thing to know.

A-Jock

Okay, thanks! I have been working out with Cathe since '97. I have all of her vhs videos except the Bodyblast series. I do have the dvd's in that, except Timesaver. I'm selling most of my videos to switch over to dvd's. (I'm on a meager salary as a high school English teacher ~ lol!) I had a little career change this year (I'm teaching dual enrollment college classes, which is a lot more work!) and as a result, I've ended up gaining about 15 pounds this school year. I need to find a way of balancing the demands of husband and kids, teaching college level English, and working out. So, I've been on a Cathe blast for three weeks and have lost about 6 of the 15 pounds so far.

I'd like to firm up, but I know that I have some pounds to lose. (I'm right at a size 10 now and I'm usually an 8 ~ I'm 5'9 and have never been "skinny")

Thanks for your help!

I love the terminator DVD. I use it on Mondays (the day after my rest day). I love IMAX Extreme. Viper and Gauntlet are great as well. They are great to have on hand for days when you want an extra challenge or the day after your rest day!

HAve fun.

I was fortunate enough to receive the Terminator DVD through the kindness and generosity of someone on this board (HI BOBBI!), and I've been using it weekly for that "shock your body" kind of effect. I enjoy it because of all the "mixing it up" that's involved. I, too, tend to use it after a rest day or lighter day workout, and it does make me huff and puff!

The more I think about it, the more I think Terminator would be a great addition to your DVD library. In addition to what I mentioned earlier about Gauntlet, the beauty of this particular DVD is the mix-n-match features. You can certainly do each workout strictly as formatted for cardio-weight circuit-style workouts, OR you can utilize your "next" button and/or whatever button you use to roam around the entire disc to fashion strictly cardio or strictly muscle-endurance routines. It incorporates all of the I-Max 2 cardio and blast segments and at least parts of both the cardio and weights from Cardio Weights. It also incorporates 6 of the 8 cardio blasts from Boot Camp, and several of the upper and lower body resistance cycles. Alas, no core work on this DVD.

Hope this helps!

A-Jock

I have the Terminator and use it quite often. Highly recommend it.

However, I do have a question. Have you all ever tried to program chapters to play in a certain order? I can't seem to do that so I end up just using the mix and match to get the the next chapter I want. Am I doing something wrong or are any of you having the same problem? HELP!

Thx,
Nancy

Love, love, love the Terminator DVD. My fave is also The Gauntlet. I always do it as produced. IMAX Xtreme is also wonderful for those all-out cardio days. From what I've read on the forum not everyone loves The Viper, but I really like it and use it for and upper body- focused circuit. In fact next week I plan to use this DVD exclusively for a circuit-training week. If you get it I don't think you'll be disappointed!

CinDee

I, also, love the Terminator DVD - it is one of my favorites - I do one of the workouts on it once a week. IMAX XTREME is really great for it is almost all cardio - except a little bit of weights in between the four sections.

I think the Gauntlet is really awesome too. Being it has Bootcamp in it and the step from C&W and IMAX 2 - but then again I do like the VIPER - for it is a mixure with ME - so the weight part of this one is longer than on the Gauntlet.

I am one who loves to do the combination type workouts - step then weights - step then weights - I do the Step Blast & Weight Circuits quite frequently. It seems to break up the monotony of all step or all weight training, which I do that too - but it great to mix it up- so as not to get bored.

I would highly recommend this DVD.

Cheryl

I did the Gauntlet on Sun, Imax extreme on Wed and the Viper today as part of my "Terminate Me" week. lol. Having now done all 3 in close succession, the one drawback I see is that you better like Cardio & Weights because you do 100% of the step routines from that one in all 3 of the Terminator workouts. I was pretty sick of the 4 C&W segments by the end of today's workout. Never thought I'd say that since I have always been a big fan of C&W but even ice cream and candy turn gross if you eat too much of it.

That being said, I wouldn't part with it from my collection.

Edited to say: the clock must be on GMT or something because it's only 6 PM and not 1 AM on Sat. lol

The Terminator DVD was my first DVD. I love it. I have just started adding a couple of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts to my week and I thought adding in ciruits like Terminator would be great. I am doing The Viper or The Gauntlet once a week. Trying a bit less cardio and more weight training to shake things up!...:)...Carole

Good Grief you guys! I have GOT to stop reading these threads because then I want to buy MORE workouts.;)

So now it will be...buy the NEW workouts when released to public OR buy the Terminator-Gauntlet-Viper workouts!

Although I must ask a question...how do these compilation workouts compare to THE FIRM compilation workouts? I got rather miffed at the Firm when they started remixing previous workouts. So when I started working out to Cathe and I saw in the catalog these remixed Dvds I didn't give them a second thought because I would rather spend my money one time on the same routines. So, how do you guys/gals compare these workouts to the originals they were mixed from? Are these Dvds truly worth spending your money twice on the same workout segments?

First off as a former Firmie myself, there is no comparison to Cathe workouts. Cathe's are much more advanced in my opinion. These 3 workouts on the Terminator are alot longer 65 to 75 minutes..(approx) I always like a long workout once in awhile. I would just say that sometimes you might not feel like ALL cardio or All weights, it really depends on how you like to workout. Besides....you might just end up with all the workouts like the rest of us !!!....:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.