Does anyone eat Sardines

Well I don't eat them but my greyhound loves them and has a tin every morning. His black coat is just gorgeous. lol

Laura

squeeze lemon and soy sauce and eat over a bowl of white jasmine rice...yummy.

I bought a can recently and I've been trying to work up the courage to open and try them. This receipe sounds good but maybe with quinoa instead of the rice.

For people that don't like fish very much, you could take a creole or asian approach to your recipe. For instance, adding a bit of seafood adds such depth of flavor to gumbo or many of the other recipes. You could say the same for many asian sauces. I like to add a bit of the fish oil to brown rice along with seasonings and broth, it adds more flavor. Brown rice is so plain. I would think you could flavor quinoa the same way. Or try tuna putanesca (sp?) It's an italian dish to made by the poor, but it can be really delicious.

Rachael Ray's Official Website - Tuna Pasta Puttanesca
Pasta Puttanesca | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

I buy Wild Planet sardines in marinara sauce and eat them right out of the can. One can is filling enough to be my whole lunch and I eat them about once a week. At about $3/ can they're pricier than other brands, but they are sustainably caught, the cans are BPA free, and they have 0 carbs :D (plus no nasty soybean or other industrial seed oils, like so much oil-packed fish).

Plus they are delicious, much lighter than the ones packed in oil, even drained, and so much more flavorful than the ones packed in water.

http://www.wildplanetfoods.com/store/products/wild-california-sardines-in-marinara-sauce.html

Last edited:
When I lived at home...30 years ago, my dad and I late at night, would share a tin of sardines in mustard on crackers... He has now passed on, and I don't think I could eat them without thinking of him..

I love the Sardines in Mustard. Had a Finnish Grandfather that introduced my syblings and myself into the fine world of stinky fish. :D Of course I don't know why my sisters and I ever ate them. He always said it would grow hair on our chest! :7

Laurie

My dad always said eating the crust on sandwiches would put hair on your chest!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.