Do you like stretching? Which is your favorite

beth6395

Cathlete
I usually like and do the stretches after working out but today I did Legs and Glutes and I must say I LOVED it.

My favorite stretch is 2 different ways 1. Laying on the floor bend one leg take the other place it on top sideways lift bent leg and take your hands through on either side of thighs and pull forward the 2nd way is standing up bend one leg and squat place the other calf on top of the thigh and sit back arms straight out front for balance. It stretches the rear more I just love that stretch it feels so great after the leg workouts.

beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I.HATE.STRETCHING!!!

I bought a ton of Classical Stretch dvds but can't get into them. I bought tons of yoga and pilates but I ended up selling those. I even tried doing Stretchmax yesterday and couldn't make it through even ONE segment! I have no patience.....

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I am a recent Classical Stretch addict! I do it almost every day. I *never* used to stretch and am so amazed how my body is so much more flexible after just 2 weeks. I am hooked!

I am with you Allison. Stretching is not my friend! I can't tell you my fave, but I will tell you the one that gives me the heebie-geebies!...any calf stretch. Yowza. Just feels so creepy to me to dorsiflex my foot. ANyone else think that???

Clarissa :)

I don't stretch enough. Recently, after Kate made me feel guilty (love ya, girl;) , I ordered some stretch videos. I do not love it, but I know it is important so I will stick with it!

I love to stretch...especially my hamstrings and chest...life's little pleasures. I've learned from my work as a massage therapist that, unfortunately, those who need to stretch the most usually enjoy it the least. I'm naturally flexible and have no trouble fitting in a few yoga sessions per week. I think it's too bad that we don't allow ourselves the time and self nurturing to stretch, you would never see a dog or cat (or any other animal besides humans for that matter) not allow themselves the pleasure of stretching their bodies out.

Take Care
Laurie:)

I really enjoy stretching, and for me it's very important. I simply stiffen up too much if I don't do it, and that causes all sorts of problems and discomfort. I like the athletic-type stretches, as opposed to yoga. I recently bought a Classical Stretch DVD. It's totally different from what I usually do, but I kind of like it.

My all-time favorite stretch is to get down on the floor, bring one knee up under me, stretch the other leg back, and then fold my torso forward over the bent knee. It's a wonderful glute and hip stretch. I could lie that way forever.

My favorite stretch is stretching out my quads by balancing on one foot and grabbing the other from behind.

My favorite stretch routine is Stretch Max #3 (the band segment). I try to do at least 1 20 minute stretch routine a week. Tacked on after another workout so I'm good and warmed up. Most of the time I'm using SM#3. Sometimes I'll do SM#1 (no equipment).

I feel so loose and relaxed after one of these routines. But 20 minutes is my limit right now. Don't think I could focus for longer.

April

I used to do yoga, but then got into tae kwon do. The first 10 - 15 minutes of class is stretching, so I don't bother with it at home anymore. But I liked Warrior Pose the best.

i like to stretch and love yoga. i do all sorts of stuff,there are not to many dvds i haven't gotten from netflix that i didn't like. i am so cheesy with stretch that at the dollar store today i picked up a tony little stretch tape LOL. my whole wishlist at VF trades is stretch or yoga. i do it mostly at night and on my off days from regular exercise. keeps my back pain at bay,relaxes me for bed,gives me energy if i do it in the mornings b/c it wakes me up gently, and overall i feel soooooo much better and relaxed.

i love pigeon pose from yoga. opens up my hips and outer thighs,cresent lunges for my quads, and simple forward bends for hamstrings and a little back. i like all sorts of twists for my back and hips as well.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/276676894.jpg

I love stretching, and don't know why I don't make it a priority! But it always gets put on the back burner...

I DVR'd all of the Stretchmax segments from FitTV.. I LOVE the ones with the ball and the band! AHHHHHH! feels so good! like icing on the cake!!

~Chris

I really like stretching and yoga, but I am extremely picky about which workouts I like. I can watch five seconds of a yoga DVD and decide I want to sell it. I really like the live yoga class I go to from time to time. My favorite stretch workout is the third one on Stretch Max with the band. I love how the band helps the stretches. Feels great.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I stretch between sets when I lift, I do not have the luxury of not stretching!

It important to keep my body from hurting all the time. I do them all after even a cardio workout. Before my bum hip I could do the splits in all directions...but now, I just work on keeping my muscle flexible so I don't hurt.;)

I actually like the stretchmax segment with the band too. I have done it a number of times, but usually just stretch on my own.

I, like many others, have recently become a Classical Stretch fan. The end section on the Athlete's Intense Stretch workout is amazing. I have seen real changes in my body doing this program and the concept of strenthening and stretching together if working for me. I love, love, love it!

Cheryl

I'm not a huge fan of stretching, but I certainly understand its importance, so I do it. Having recently been diagnosed with lumbar spinal stenosis, it is a must for me. I use Cathe's Total Body Stretching..at 10-13 minutes a session, the three stretch segments on the tape are just long enough to keep my interest.

I have many yoga DVD's that are helping to keep the dust off other areas of my home...;-) I do use Sara Ivanhoe's 20 minute yoga routines, especially for legs and abs, just the right length, and then I start to get bored.

I like stretching, and like some of you, I'm a recent convert to Classical Stretch. I suspect that Miranda Esmonde-White is a *little* crazy, but somehow,it works for me and I'm basically infatuated with Classical Stretch right now.

I have the Athlete's Intense Stretch/Full Body DVD, which is fabulous, and I just received the 3-disc PBS 2007 series, which has something like 36 half-hour workouts. It's a little ballet stretching, a little Tai Chi, a little yoga, a little physical therapy, all blended together in a mildly challenging format.

And please stop talking about cake, dang it! Now I have to endure tantalizing cake fantasies for the rest of the afternoon. Carrot cake...red velvet cake...pound cake...

Dee

Dee, I just ordered the 2007 series, Essentrics AND Total Body 2. I can't WAIT for them to come. While I love the other 2 I have I'm ready for some more variety.

Would it be better if I said homemade banana muffins (like the ones made this morning) instead of cake??!!:+ :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.