Damage Control

No workout Monday, Tuesday was Cardio/Upper Body and abs, and today was legs.

How are you doing? Is Dan's surgery tomorrow? Wishing him a speedy recovery.

We made it. He had a complication of trapped air under his skin from when they pumped air into his abdomen for a better view of the area. The nurse there called it subcutaneous emphysema. So he had to have an extra hour of oxygen to help it dissipate from his chest. Other than that he feels pretty good! I have to do a 12 hour shift today, but am hoping to get home at lunchtime for a bit. It all depends on the provider and how the flow of the morning goes.

This weekend I work Saturday and Sunday from 8-? whenever the last patient is done. Sometimes it's 12, sometimes it's later. Monday I am off which is great since I don't feel like I'll have much time this weekend to cook/meal prep. All I have planned is soup for the super bowl and doing weights. I did Legs and Glutes last night. Not the heaviest weight work, but I was tired.

Keep up the workouts!

Beth

The closets were installed on Friday so I didn't get in a workout. Yesterday was a full body couplet, it was a great workout. Today will be cardio & legs, and tomorrow will be BSB and abs. Sticking with the RWH upper body workouts for February. I really like being able to go heavy and the shorter length. I'm looking forward to Cathe's new weight series.

I have not been doing well with eating. I feel like I have sort of just given up since nothing seems to working with getting the weight off. I've spent my whole life trying to avoid this weight gain and nothing is working. I really need to start working the plan I have because I really believe it will work. My mind just isn't prepared to buckle down, meal prep and stick to it. I don't know what is wrong with me. Doing nothing is not going to help. Sorry to be such a downer today.

Glad to hear everything went okay. Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you at work. This winter weather and getting dark early doesn't help either. Perhaps once we have some nicer weather and more sunshine we will both feel better.

I can understand your frustration. None of my pants that aren't stretch fit me anymore. I've been trying to not snack at all-drinking lots of water and tea between meals. Workout wise, I'm not even doing any cardio. I pulled out my body beast series and have been doing that for legs, rwh for upper body. Sometimes I do the two sets with finishers, sometimes, no finishers, whatever I feel like that morning! It's nice to have so many options that fit with my energy level and time. I'd like to be walking more, but it's too cold and icy here.

Got through my weekend to work! It's once every 10 months, so not too terrible.

Are you guys watching the super bowl? I like the commercials!

Have a good week!

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA this week. I'm on call and its a lot.

Tuesday was nice day and I was able to go walk around the lakes. It was so nice to get outside. Now we have snow, but not too much and should melt today.

Yesterday was a full body circuit and today will be Legs. I also decided to take Monday off. Hopefully the girls and I can do something since they are off school.

How was your week? Enjoy your weekend.

All good here. Did Beast bulk legs on Saturday and RWH B/S/B Sunday. Felt like I needed a rest day, so slept in a bit this morning.

Having book club in person tonight, so spent a lot of the weekend cleaning and putting stuff away! It's the Dublin mystery I think I told you about. It's set in Ireland, so I made Irish Soda Bread.

Have a good day off!

Beth

This week is flying by. This week I've done Super Sets lower body blast & my own abs, Yoga relax, Full body circuit, yoga max and this morning I did the guantlet from the terminator dvd.

I have to work tonight, but am off tomorrow. I have a ton of errands to run tomorrow, mostly to returning clothes that I bought that don't fit right.

What are you up to this week?

Doing step yesterday was so much fun, but my knees and hips are really hurting today. Today I'm doing the workout I planned on yesterday but there was an issue with the app. I just purchased Tosca Reno's Strike Sugar 2.0. I really need to work on my nutrition. With the cold weather I haven't been eating a nutritious as I usually do. It's time to really buckle down if I want to see any positive changes.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

I'm still just doing weight workouts. Did RWH Chest Tuesday, Lower body split from the LIS, and RWH Back on Thursday. Monday and Friday were rest days. I think I'm going to do an upper body today and a lower body tomorrow and then take Monday off again. I'm needing more rest.

My week was ok. My provider has been in a bad mood and it makes work stressful. I go round and round with it. Not sure I want to retire yet.

I hosted in person book club on Monday which was really nice. Seeing everyone in person is so much better! Really hoping COVID is getting to the endemic stage.

This weekend is the usual-chores and exercise in between soccer matches! I have to figure out a soup or stew for tomorrow to help with my lunches next week. I'm trying to use up ingredients so might make a split pea soup.

I have some of Tosca's books: The Eat Clean Diet and The Eat Clean Diet Stripped. She has a lot of great recipes and information.

Beth

Friday I did a wkout called Mega Full Body, it was awesome. Saturday I did RTC D16-75 min-60 min workout and 15 min abs. Sunday was a leg wkout/ quad focused and today was a chest/back workout. I think tomorrow I will do the leg-hamstring focused workout.

Its so hard coming back to work after my 3 day weekends. I do like having every other Friday off though.

I started the strike sugar program today. This program doesn't utilize intermittent fasting, rather beginning your day with lemon water. Then breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack. It's eating 5-6 times per day. I didn't eat until 11 and had a snack consisting of a banana and almond butter. I had one banana left and it had to be eaten. Lunch was a 2 egg omelet with red peppers and wilted kale. It was delicious. Tonight DH is making burgers on the grill so I will have one of those, sans bun and add a salad. Oh I also had some celery sticks and hummus.

DH is still considering retiring at the end of June. He is supposed to meeting with PERA to get his final numbers and see how much more he would receive if he worked another year or so. He also may have the option of "buying" a year of service. We need the details before he can make a final decision.

Hope you had a great Monday!

Work is going much, much better this week. I took Monday off and did CST today. Tomorrow is lower body and Thursday BSB.

Your new program sounds pretty good. Did you read Cathe's latest take on dieting in the newsletter? Basically-not dieting and just eating well all the time. I had two cookies yesterday, 2 donut holes and a cupcake today-feeling like a sugar blob. Oh well.

Start again now!

Beth

I worked out 6 days this past week and am feeling good about that. I did yoga relax on Thursday night. I finally found a yoga studio that is 5 miles away. The closest I've found so far. They have a 2 week special for $30, as many classes as you want. I'm going to wait until April or May when the weather is more predictable and give it a try. My hip joints have been really hurting me lately so I've been doing lower impact work, walking and using my elliptical. They seem to hurt the most at night. My guess is it's arthritis and not sure if anything can be done about it.

Yes, I did read Cathe's article. I prefer to use the term nutrition instead of diet. I'm loosely following the strike sugar plan. I feel much better doing intermittent fasting though and am continuing with that but adding the lemon/ginger/honey later in the morning and before bed.

The more I'm reading about menopause, its sounds like you have it down. Stop hardcore workouts, exercise should consist of weight training, walking, and some sort of stretching/flexibility and balance training.

This weekend is grocery shopping, laundry and food prep. I'm eating more salads and less of the carb heavy meals my hubs prepares. I wish he would better, but at this point the only thing I can do is prepare more vegetables and hope he eats them.

ttyl

I had to work last night and am dragging a bit this morning. I do plan on doing a circuit workout and yoga later today. I'm really looking forward to trying yoga in a yoga studio. I've never done that before. Many years ago I took a yoga class at the rec center and really liked it.

I got in 6 days of workouts this past week too. That seems to be my sweet spot. The weather is supposed to warm up this weekend so I may go walk around the lakes if it's not too muddy from the previous snow.

What have you been up to? Enjoy the weekend.

ttyl

We left Thursday for Pittsburgh and saw the musical Hamilton that night. It was fantastic. I've been listening to the cd's for a few months and seeing it all put together on stage was phenomenal. If it ever plays in CO, I recommend it! We stayed overnight in Pittsburgh and got back at 6 last night.

We lucked out that the snowstorm was today instead of yesterday-traveled in between two. All the other snow had melted, now we have another 8 inches. It is supposed to get nice again so will melt this week.

I finally got one day to walk to work last week! Besides that just rotating through Beast Legs and the upper body RWH workouts.

Got wash done and made some chili today. Not much happening, but it's nice to be home!

Beth

Well another week has gone by. I've worked out 6 days this week. Yesterday was a leg workout and the weather was nice enough to walk around the lakes. I did squats with 94lbs and deadlifts with 104lbs. My legs are a little tight this morning. It's supposed to be in 60's today so I may try to walk around the lakes again. It's so pretty.

I was supposed to work at 6am this morning, and was online but no one else was. They sent an email at 1am indicating the new time of 8am. UGH. I already had my coffee so I just stayed up. I thought about going to work out but I didn't want to wake up DH to get my w/o clothes and shoes.

We are heading over to MIL's today to move all her furniture into the garage. She is getting new flooring on her entire main level- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living, dining, kitchen and family room. I think the toughest part will moving the washer and dryer. It's in very large closet in the kitchen that is also the pantry.
The girls are heading to Boston tomorrow morning for a school trip. My son is taking them to the airport, and he his heading to San Diego for a vacation while the girls are gone. He hasn't had a vacation in a very long time.

I keep looking for an update on the new STS 2.0 series but there hasn't been one.

What have you been up to? How was your week?

ttyl

Hello!

Nothing going on here. I'm looking forward to the next weight work series as well. I've been able to walk more with the time change and am still doing weights. I never seem to get bored with RWH-so much variety with the premixes!

Nice to hear that your family is taking trips and getting out! I feel like Covid put such a damper on vacations and activities.

Off to work-

Have a great day!

Beth

Well it was another busy week at work. Definitely looking forward to the weekend. I am keeping up with my workouts, but really need to work on my nutrition. I'm starting the plan I've had for a while but just didn't stick with on Monday. The program has a lot of videos to go through. I finally got through all those.

I signed up for a yoga foundations class at a nearby yoga studio. It's every Saturday in April and each class is 2 hours. My goal is to learn to love yoga. My yoga experience is from classes at the rec center years ago, and the Cathe yoga workouts. I really want a more progressive approach and this class should help me decide if this is something I want to pursue or not.

How was your week? Do you have any plans for the weekend?

It must be nice to have yoga options nearby! I live in such a small town-hence why videos were always the best and most convenient option for me. A few years ago I was in a yoga class on Monday nights which was great, but the teacher stopped teaching and never ran another class. I liked how yoga made me slow down and stretch-always felt taller when I left! I didn't care for all the breathing exercises at the beginning-would rather just do the moves and hold for a long time and breathe during them. Have a fun, relaxing time.

I'm trying to keep up with my workouts. I started falling apart on Wednesday and only got two walks in the rest of the week. I was just really tired. I slept in on Saturday and then did legs and a walk. I just made up my own routine and did the moves during soccer (multi tasking!) I think I'll do chest/push moves during today's matches. I do a combo of Cathe and Beast moves and go as heavy as I can. Honestly, I am not planning anything for the week-taking it day by day depending on my energy. I'd like to do Back/Pull Monday or Tuesday-we'll see.

I've definitely noticed an energy shift this past few months. Mid 50's shift? A hormone thing? I don't know. I know I feel better if I sleep more. Starting to walk to work again gives me two solid 20 minute brisk walks during the week and some days that's all I can do. I've cut back to one wine a day and feeling better about that. Some days I don't have any. It was getting to be too many, too often.

Weekend has been great-slept in, watching soccer, doing my chores... I made a vegetarian chili last night which will keep me in lunches for the week. I put it on baked potato to get more veggies!

How did you like the yoga class?

Beth

Well there this is the only yoga studio near me. I'm going to do the beginner series this month and make a decision if it's something I want to continue. I did really like the first class. I felt taller when I left too!

Last Friday was a rest day, Sat was full body, Sun was an 8 x8 with cardio tossed in, Mon was 8x8 abs, and today was legs. I was able to squat 104lbs!

The time change allows me to walk a bit more. I walked around the lakes last weekend. Today is cold and windy. I'm wanting to find something to do in the evenings besides watch tv. I've already been sitting all day. I don't drink much anymore either. It hasn't made a difference on the scale though. UGH. I just keep trying to eat more veggies and get in more protein. The program I'm following this week is a detox tea in the morning, a fruit/veggie/fat/protein shake at lunch and a large salad at dinner. So far so good. Next week I move on to the next stage.

I'm off work on Friday and will be getting rid of a ton of clothes that no longer fit. It's a bit maddening to be honest, but letting go of them is the right thing to do. I may keep a couple favorites as motivation to help with the weight loss effort, but the rest of them are being donated. It's not easy seeing my body change so unfavorably. :(

My SIL and I are trying to plan another trip this year. I want to go to Greece.

ttyl

Glad you liked the yoga class. I finally made a decision on Wednesday and applied for a part time job in the office I work at now. It would mean some more training, which I figure is good for my brain. It's 3 days a week and has benefits. We'll see! I feel like I'm ready to scale back some. If I don't get it then I have to decide if I'm staying at all. It feels like such a weight is off now-one way or the other things are going to change!

I'm with you on getting rid of clothes. It's too depressing to look at them. I am doing one body part/day now for about 40 minutes-because that's what I feel like doing! I mix in beast and cathe moves and just really burn out whatever I'm working. I'm doing Legs, Chest, Back, Legs, Arms, Shoulders then rest. Thursdays are my rest day and I start with Legs on Sunday and then again on Wednesday, take Thursday off. Plus all my walks to work and with DH-which are not much since his leg/back is hurting and he's resting for a bit. He might need to go to PT and at that point should go on Medicare so he can go close to home to the people we like. My health system does not have PT in Wellsboro, so he'd have to drive an hour-which is ridiculous, but they won't pay anyone else. Another reason to transition.

Off to get ready for work. Have a wonderful 3 day weekend!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.