Damage Control

You got some great workouts in over the weekend! Friday I walked and did legs. Saturday was a walk and a short C/S/T premix, Sunday I did the 4 set premix for the B/S/B only. Monday was walk and the LB leg circuit-just strength and yesterday was walk and UB Strength and ab circuit. We're not eating dinner these days until nearly 7 during the week! I'm fighting the urge to rush through everything and just trying to take it all slower.

Tonight is cards, so just a walk for exercise. I'm hoping to get in a short C/S/T premix in tomorrow before I get my hair trimmed, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen! It's crazy humid here again.

Beth

hmm, I'm must not have posted my last reply. Oh well. Friday was a Circuit, Sat Off (worked overnight Friday), Sun was LIHI CST and Abs#1, today was a circuit w/o. I'll have to check the calendar, but tomorrow will be either BSB or legs.

How is your week going?

Have you thought about your next program after RWH? I have abouttwo more full weeks of it-planning on finishing on Labor Day.

Not much going on here. Covid is coming back so work is getting interesting. Other than that it's been pouring rain here. Played cards tonight which was fun!

This morning I did the BSB premix of no finishers. I am loving the premixes! Tomorrow legs.

Beth

Well I did CST & Abs, Circuit w/o, BSB & Abs, Walk, today was a cardio/weight circuit. That was my week!

I really like the Gym Style workouts and Xtrain. It's been nice doing the same workouts with you! I've been able to increase my weights over this month or so.

I'm still struggling with my weight and waistline. It's so frustrating. I'm looking into acupuncture to help with the hot flashes and sleep issues. I just don't know what else to do right now. My energy is good most of the time, but I would feel better if I could get some of this weight off.

In other news, I found out that my dad has a life insurance policy with my brother, sister, and I listed as the beneficiaries. He passed away in 2008. I'm planning on going to my brothers house (parents house that my stepmom left to my brother) this weekend. I'm sure the documents are still there. It's not much money, but my sister found this policy when my dad passed and asked our stepmom about it. She shrugged it off and said not to worry about it that it was rolled into something else. Now to find out that it is considered unclaimed property. If we can find the policy, we can collect very easily. If not, then there is a lot more work involved and it would be split between all 6 heirs and not just the 3 listed. I have 3 half older siblings.

ttyl

I hope you make out ok with your siblings. I've seen my brother a few times to just say hi in passing. Other than that-nothing. I kind of think this is their way of getting me out of their lives-if that makes sense. Oh well, mentally I feel better.

I got the new DVDs on Friday and previewed them yesterday. The loop low impact cardio looks like a great section. The rest of the lower body and abs look doable and there's not a billion reps for the pizza presses! The total body bands one looks like a good way of challenging your muscles without heavy weights. At one point she puts two bands together to do exercises. The pushups are done with a band over your back and will probably be tough! I don't know when I'll try them out yet. I will probably do them in shorter segments to learn which bands/loops I like. I'm already planning on the low impact standing cardio with the loop premix of it which is twice through for my first workout with them. After my current rotation with RWH-which I can do without the DVD's at this point, I know them so well!-I'm leaning towards a rotation with the Low Impact Series and the two new workouts-there is a 5 day a week rotation I found with the LIS from 2011. I like all the workouts in that series except for the Upper Body Trisets so could substitute the upper body with the band.

Having a nice relaxing weekend. Liverpool won!

Beth

Well I'm keep up with the workouts so far. I did cardio/wt circuit on Sat, Imax 3 1-5 premix on the step only (no risers), my own squat rack legs. Last night I did Yoga Relax and will try to incorporate more yoga. I've read it can help with hot flashes. Not really sure about that though, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Today was a tough full body weight circuit. It was a toughie but I loved it. Tomorrow should be LIHI CST & Abs. It depends on how long it takes at the DMV in the morning though.

I didn't get the new workouts, but I can do them On Demand to see if I want to purchase them. I have plenty of bands and loops I can use.

bbl

This week has been hot and muggy. Monday night I did the Lower Body Circuit and Tuesday the Upper Body Circuit. Wednesday was just walk and Thursday was CST. I really like this weight series! It's so adaptable to what I feel like doing-abs instead of finishers, 4 sets for an extra pump, 2 set premixes. I feel like I should change though and might just go back to my four sessions a week of weights (2 upper, 2 lower) and walking. I'll figure it out next weekend I guess.

How's work going? We are seeing lots more covid again. I can't believe how long this is all lasting. Wearing a mask all day is getting old.

Going out for lunch tomorrow with a girl from work. She runs the lab and is in graduate school for lab science of some kind.

Not much else happening...

Beth

Our weather has been hot also. In the 90's, and many smoky days with air quality alerts due to the fires in the pacific northwest. Yesterday was my Off Friday, but it didn't feel like it at all. I spent all day studying, taking practice exams and then taking the certification exam. This is my third certification now. I think there is one more that my company would like me to get. I'm a stress eater and taking all these tests isn't helping.

I love the RWH series for the versatility as well. I like being able to get in a heavier lifting session and abs in a shorter time frame. STS is on my mind but I'm not sure I can handle the longer workouts. I may just have to make myself get up earlier and get it done before work. My body type requires more cardio too so that part is harder for me to get in with STS. The wkout platform is a lot of weights and some cardio mixed in. Oh, and I'm doing yoga now! I'm trying to do 3 nights a week. I'm finding I like ending my day with it. I've done Yoga Relax and Yoga Max and I also have yoga burn dvd's and I found some on youtube that I like.

I plan on working out shortly. CST and short cardio are on tap. I'm also taking the girls paddleboarding tonight on the lakes in our neighborhood. The is a sunset paddleboarding event and it should be fun. Their mom flew back to Oregon yesterday for her sister's bridal shower. She is driving a uhaul back with all her stuff in it and should be back on Tuesday and can move into her new apartment.

back to report I did X10-52 min premix and it kicked my butt. I was planning on lifting after that but I was beat. Instead I did 30 minutes of yoga.

bbl

Last edited:
Sunday was a heavy leg w/o, Monday was full body wts and cardio HIIT, and another one of those for today. It kicked my butt. Today it was 4 exercise, 50 seconds each/10 sec rest and repeat 3 times for 4 rounds. It was awesome.

I took tomorrow off work and have a massage and facial scheduled for my birthday!! I do plan on working out in the morning and heading to my appts.

How is your week going?

Hi! My week is going pretty good. I did the Boss Loops workout on Sunday for legs and abs and found it good. The orange band is a little loose, so I might try the green one in place of it next time. Monday I did CBS from X-train. I'm really feeling like I need a break from RWH so am doing what I feel like this week before starting a new series/focus next week. Tuesday I just walked and tonight we have cards, so no workout. Tomorrow night I want to do the Boss band total body to see how that one feels.

You are getting some great workouts in and I'm glad you took a day off work to have some fun! Happy Birthday!

Beth

The day after Boss Bands Total body my legs were a bit sore. I feel like it worked my arms well too. I will probably use it as premixes for upper and lower splits. That way I can use heavier bands and get repeat exercises. It was fun using the bands! I like the loop one better and can use that for a lower split workout.

What are you up to this weekend? I'm off for 3 days with the holiday, are you? Already I slept in and got a load of wash done. Going to do some cooking, make waffles for DS1, and try to finish The Vanishing Half-book I started last weekend.

Our "good" car is getting work done and the garage was sent the wrong part for the engine, so it's been in since last Wednesday and will hopefully be done on Tuesday. Are you having an official end of the summer celebration?

Beth

Yesterday I went to lunch with my MIL for my birthday. It was just us and we had a nice visit. She is coming over to our house on Monday and David will be cooking something on the grill. Not sure what the plan is but will get that figured out today. I also stopped by sister house since she lives near my MIL. She's going try contacting the life insurance company and see if she can find out what is needed to collect on the life insurance policy.

I did a circuit workout yesterday, not sure what's I'll be doing today. I also was up early today and have done 2 loads of laundry. Feeling quite accomplished. I will have to do a few hours of work sometime today. I've been reviewing my workout calendar and I seem to be consistently getting in 5 days per week and sometimes 6. The old body doesn't work like it used to but I feel so much better on the days I exercise.

I'm taking an impromptu trip to Maine this next weekend with my niece and sister in law. It will be nice to get away for a few days. The timing isn't ideal with my work schedule, but I'll figure it out.

Car trouble is the worst. Hopefully you will get it back in short order and it won't be too expensive. Enjoy the long weekend!

Yesterday I ended up doing Xtrain Bi's and Tri's and abs #1. It was a nice change of pace. I really enjoyed alternating bi's and tri's and the time flew by. Anywhere Cathe used 12's, I used 15's. I felt pretty good. Today will be a short cardio and legs/back.

DH is cooking on pork ribs on the grill today and we are having all the kids and my MIL today. It should be a nice day.

What are you up to today?

I ended up having an xtrain weekend! Saturday was Burn Sets-Chest, Shoulders, Triceps. Sunday I did Cardio Leg Blast-just the weight section premix and then the Loop premix of lower body cardio. Monday was Burn Set Back and Bi's with abs at the end. I think I'm going to use Xtrain Burn sets for a few weeks-there's a chest/back premix that's around a half hour and one body part a day if I need to do that.

Tonight I have a dentist checkup/cleaning and tomorrow is cards, so just walking the next few days.

I made pizza yesterday for our end of the summer dinner. Where are you going to in Maine?

Beth

How was Maine? I'm rolling along with Burn Sets from X-Train. I also started listening to a podcast by a physical therapist. She said the best exercises are horizontal and gave 4 examples: skull crushers, bicep curls, leg presses, and one I can't remember (lol)! I'm still walking lots and feeling ok.

What are you up to? Working a lot? How are you feeling? I'm so jealous you get to work at home. We have non-stop covid crap at work. The county I live in is not well vaccinated. Lots of pulmonary embolisms...it's awful.

DS2 and I talked a few nights ago. I told him what happened with my parents and he understood. Believe it or not, they never took an interest in their grand-kids. Too narcissistic. After I had DS2 they asked when I was having another one to try for a girl.

Anyway-hope all is well. We should plan a meet sometime.

Beth

I got home Tuesday morning at 1:15 am and had to work on Tuesday. It's been a long week. It is patch week and it is all consuming as well as a big project I'm working. The project should be done by mid October. I'm looking forward to that.

I was in Round Pond, right on the coast at my Uncle's house. It is literally on the coast. I'll email some pics to you. My cousin is a Dr. (pediatric gastroenterologist). During the height of Covid he had to work in the ER and he said it was awful. He said many of the Covid patients suffocated to death and they couldn't help them. It seems like round 3 is happening now. I saw on the news that the county I live in only has one ICU bed available.

I haven't worked out since I've been back. I may get out for a walk today. The temps dropped into the 70's for today only. Back into the 90's tomorrow. Oh, and its our 33yr anniversary today and I have to work tonight.

I'm struggling with my weight and it is so frustrating. I try to eat healthy with lots of fruits and veggies and workout at least 5 days each week. I just do the best I am not happy with where I'm at.

Oh-working from home has many benefits. The downside is I only leave the house on the weekends and I sometimes would prefer more contact than talking on the phone with coworkers all day. I think Covid has also put a strain on things and moving too. I used to take a bootcamp class at the gym etc. Now we don't live by anything and I don't really know anyone here.

I would love to meet up some time when covid is better managed. I was in the airports in Denver, Orlando, and Portland Maine and everyone wore masks in the airport and on the plane. Shopping and other areas were about 50/50 with mask wearing.

ttyl

Happy Anniversary! We celebrated 31 last month, but actually forgot to celebrate then, so we did it this weekend. Our tradition is to have carrot cake and look at the pictures from the wedding. I made a carrot cake from the Moosewood Cookbook that is pretty healthy. We went out to eat once this summer because of covid.

I hope the delta ends soon and no new variants come along. I don't think I'll make another round if there's a new variant-I will leave my job. It's so stressful at work. We are testing around 70 people a day just at our office and there's a 15% positivity rate. The county I live in is averaging 70 new cases a day. It's insane. So many kids and families are getting it. The ICU here is full and the hospital is diverting patients-unbelievable.

So, workout wise things are good-doing burn sets for upper body 3 days a week and then lower body 2x-whatever I feel like. Saturday I just did my own routine during soccer-4 sets of squats, step ups, deadlifts, and static lunges. I did the first sets with 15's for 16 reps, then 12 reps with the 20's and then 10 reps with the 25's. The 4th set I did a burn set and got as many reps as I could with the 25's. I found out that I can't hold the 25's for very long! I need to get my grip stronger. I might just keep doing that workout and see if it gets stronger! It took me about 30 minutes to do that homemade workout.

I've cut back on my alcohol and am sleeping better, too. I was finding that I was drinking so late by the time I got home from work and worked out, that it was too close to bed time. So I'm having just a small dinner and 1 glass of wine with it and feeling better. I have been drinking a protein drink at 3 PM every day-Fairlife chocolate milkshake-delicious! It only has 2 grams of sugar and 150 calories-and 30 grams of protein! Plus it has calcium. I love it.

Beth

Lets see, I worked out Sat-full body circuit, Sun-legs, Monday-compound, cardio & abs, Tues-no workout, Wed-run 30 min, walk 30 minute. Today I have a dentist appt. I may walk around the lakes tonight.

Work is busy. My car battery is not holding a charge. DH came to my rescue on Sunday, jumped it with the Rogue and drove it home. We went to see if it would start last night, dead again. Jumped it again, but it was dead this morning. DH took his truck so I can take the Rogue for my dentist appt. I do have an appt with the Lexus dealer but not until next Tuesday, but it is so frustrating. DH thinks it has the original battery and hopefully that is all it is. I hate car problems.

When will this pandemic end? I think folks are just getting tired of wearing masks and doing all the things necessary to stop the spread. Where DH works, if you are not vaccinated you need to have 2 weekly Covid tests that they are allotted time to go do. Where I work, we've been strongly encouraged to get vaccinated and now we are being asked to self report our vaccination status.

You are getting some great workouts. A tip for holding the heavier weights is to tilt them down a bit. Instead of holding them horizontal, just tilt the front end of each dumbbell down and that helps a lot. I haven't tried the fairlife, but it sounds delicious!

bbl

It's been a pretty good week. I was too tired to workout on Tuesday, but got up early on Wednesday to do Leaner Legs from Xtrain Express. Thursday was Back before Chest this time of Burn Sets and Saturday I broke out STS and did #14. Funny thing is it was trisets and it was 10 reps of each exercise so it fits in nicely with the Burn Set disc for upper body. I'm sticking with this program for a while. I like how short it is and I am getting heavier with the weights-if only for a set or two. I tipped the weights a little yesterday and it did help with holding the 25's!

Today is Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and a walk. It's only in the 60's here now and is perfect walking weather. It still rains quite a bit though-my hair hates that.

Your car is new enough that the battery is covered, I hope.

DH has been watching Youtube and has fixed the hole in our ceiling and patched some window wells. Next is getting some new concrete on the basement walls. His work is by no means professional looking-but it's cheap and looks ok!

I have finally detangled our Calico cat-again with the help of youtube. She is much happier and I can't believe I let her get so gnarly. She's the first cat that we've had that has longer hair though.

Off to watch soccer now. DS2 took his girlfriend to a San Jose game last night-first professional game he's ever seen. He said it was awesome.

Beth

Friday was Bi/Tri/Shldr and cardio circuit. Sat was a full body circuit, Sun was an oldie-slow & heavy Chest & Back & core. Nothing on Monday, today was Legs and cardio. I really need to get back to working on my nutrition. I'm drinking too much wine and eating too much junk. I'm a stress eater which doesn't help matters. DS1 and I are will be drinking only water, tea or black coffee for October. I'm also going to go back to the Galveston diet for while and see if that will kick start some weight loss.

We are going up to our condo Sat through Thursday. If its not too cold, I may try to kayak on the lake if it is still available. I won't be doing any formal workouts, but really enjoy walking along the reservoir. I'm almost done with the stressful project we've been working on for the past 7 months. I'm pretty excited about that.

The battery isn't covered-my car is a 2017. They are also putting in a new fuel pump-covered under power train warranty and I'm also having them do the 25,000 mile maintenance while it is there. It should be ready on Thursday afternoon and ready for our mountain trip.

Youtube is wonderful. Glad DH is working on some of the honey do's! There is nothing like seeing a professional sporting event in person. My favorite is Hockey. Oh my gosh, I hear you on the humidity. Humidity is awful for my hair too. It just gets big and frizzy and so hard to manage.

ttyl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.