Damage Control-October

That could work! I've been trying to find something I can bake that I won't like. Anything with peppermint would be good. Or I could do some fruity, airy thing, with mango, I wouldn't tough it! I've tried with peanut butter but while I don't love pb, I tend to eat it... I've been looking on Pinterest. Hubby likes fruity airy things so that would be good for him too.

I just finished my day, prepping school and while I got my workout clothes on as soon as I got home (which was 5pm) I've been going pretty much non stop with dinner and then math with JTrain and then prepping history for the next 5 school days (Joan of Arc and Black Death this week, we just finished Marco Polo/Kublai Khan/China and Japan. So I was thinking about making a cookie dough map of Japan, but probably not a good idea for me!!! But the kids have requested it, all those volcanos would be fun! We have done salt maps and that would be fun but too time consuming. )

I'm just ready for sleep!

Tina- thrilled for you normal biopsy result!!

PS- Def Lep is coming out with a new album at the end of the month!! Did I mention that yet?? And they are coming to Allentown (45 north of me) in February!! Doubt I'll go but a girl can dream! I'm sure the tix will be pricy since they are still touring with Styx. I do like their new song Let's Go. JTrain had Beats so he go the one sone that has been released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

I finished Meso 1 today!! I'm really looking forward to a week of BR w/o's. Hopefully they won't bother my knees too much. I haven't been reaching my 10K step goal since I started working at home...booh. I'm just going to have to make time to walk, even if it's only around the block or so...and do it a few times during the day. It's dark in the evening so I haven't been going out.

LL-We must've been posting at the same time the other day. Sounds like you had a rough day. Is little K potty trained and just being obstinate? If so, perhaps some tough love will do the trick. Take away ALL his favorite toys and let him earn them back by using the toilet. I actually had to do this with my middle son. Oh-I'm eating peanut butter chips right now...because I bought them to make cookies with. I sent the last of the cookies with DH so I wouldn't eat them. Maybe you could make a play-doh map instead. Def Lepconcert....you should treat yourself, your namesake afterall! :)

bbl to see what Tina and Beth are up to.

Tina, so glad you got good news and had a good hike with your uncle and the dogs. My dad is getting tired of being sick, which is a good sign-he's getting energy back finally!

Diana, thanks for supporting my rest time....today I just walked with my weight vest. I had planned to do Butts and Guts, but it was so nice outside. If I have any energy tomorrow after work, I'll do it then.

Beth

X10 low impact this morning. It's all I had time for and I missed the first match and most of the second one. I have a terrible time getting out the door for volleyball tournament. Thankfully the coach picked them up at 7:20, 2 hrs before the first match. 3 matches 2 games each and then championship if they do well. So far they have tied both matches.

I got Butts and Guts in today after work. I did the Leg Blast premix-47 minutes. This would be a good one to take on vacation. All you would have to sub for would be the leg presses. The only equipment needed are two 5 lb. dumbbells and the fire walker band. My endurance muscles were screaming so often during this workout!

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm off and plan lots of cardio to let my shoulder/traps rest. I'm really hoping it heals...I may need a shot of cortisone. I'm going to give it until Dec. 1st and then go to the orthopedist.

LL, isn't that low impact fun?! I love those floor switch kicks with the knee up.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a very stressful day. DS2 was in a car accident on his way to work. He is okay, but his car is probably totaled. Thankful for airbags!

I did BR day one yesterday and also made it to the gym for the 5pm Happy Hour w/o. With doing both of those classes I finally hit my 10K steps. The scale was kind to me this morning. I have to weigh in with my coach sometime this week. These challenges really help me make better food choices every day. Someday I hope to be able to make these decisions without being in challenge. They have a Holiday Hold'em challenge from Thanksgiving to New Years' where you just have to maintain your weight.

Beth-yay for your dad feeling better!!! I'd say walking with your vest is a w/o too. We need a variety of easy and hard days. As Cathe says "they can't all be that hard". B&G is a goodie for sure. Not sure why I don't reach for it more often, probably because it is a long w/o. Premixes are often the way to go. Hope your shoulder heals up quickly.

LL-X10 is perfect, so many options to fit whatever time you have! Great job making it work for you. How did the boys do in their tournaments? Enjoy the weekend.

Beth-what are you up to this weekend?

bbl

Hi all,

Weekend of soccer and cardio for me (and the Penn State football game, of course!). Yesterday was Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast. Today I'm planning a HiiT workout and a walk. My back/shoulder is feeling about 40 percent better now. I do think moving it some with cardio helps. Probably will go lighter on the weights when I can get back to weights!

Diana, glad DS2 is ok. How terribly frightening though. Good job making your 10,000 steps! How are the new sneaks working? Feeling better in the knees, yet?

Tina, what are you up to? I'm putting EB2 in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for letting me try it.

LL, hope the games are fun this weekend!

Beth

Diana- I have no idea what is going on. He was potty trained at before 2, dry all day and night and poops and all for 9+ months two years ago for the school year. Then he started regressing. I figured ok a few weeks maybe a month but it went on for four months! I took him to the doc to see if there was something wrong. Nothing was. Doc said underwear during the day but pull ups at night would be fine. Ok I started this a could of days ago. Needs less to say I'm frustrated!

No wo yesterday. Hubby had JTrain at a tournament in Reading, about 45 min north, unfortunately, he lost so that may be end of his baseball season. B had his last 2 soccer games and lost both. The afternoon was spent running errands with the 3 younger ones. I did get my 10,000 steps in but I really wanted to do B&G. Today B has his last baseball game of the season about 30 min northeast, 5 min from a fiend of min who also has 4 boys so one of them will
Be going there. I may opt to stay home and wo, plan school, clean, prep for Disney. I don't know because I do want to see him play his last game. I'm also very tired.

Diana, glad your son is ok!! Scary!

Beth, happy to hear your shoulder is on the mend! I have never done DM ultra cardio blast. Did you like it and what was it like! That's not one of my fave DVDs so I don't go to it much.

Refund came they completely on PayPal. But I don't know of PayPal will send me a check our ill have a credit to use up.

Hi Tina!
Off to church!

I forgot to ask, how do you decide how many calories to eat?? I've been all over the place with 1200, 1500, between 1700-1800. The lowest helps me lose but I can't sustain 1300 calories....

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was BR day 2 and today was day 3. My body really responds to these w/o's. My knees are still quite painful but seem to be getting a bit better. I've been using the foam roller and stretching more.

DH and I blew out the sprinklers today and I got him to fill up my stability ball. DS3 (325lbs) lays on it, sits on it etc when gaming. I told him to buy his own ball! We also turned the heat on today. I was tired of freezing in my house.

Beth-I love Drill Max, seems like I used to do a premix with drill max and another one...the w/o where they are wearing the green sash..can't remember the name right now. Sounds like a fun w/o. Enjoy your soccer and football weekend!

LL-Sorry about little K, sounds like it's time to take action. My calorie goal is 1400-1500 with 112-130 grams of protein each day. I lose weight when I stick closer to the 1400 cals and limit sugar and carbs. I can't recall the calculation from my coach but I'll see if I can find it. I did run your numbers through the (herbalife) protein calculator and it indicated you should have 125-149 grams of protein each day. I don't know what your calorie goal would be though. There are many online sites do determine what your calories should be, this is one I came across this morning: http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-calories-per-day/

Tina-what are you up to?

bbl

Thanks for the link, Diana. I came up with 1876 to lose and 1407 to lose fast. I'm 44, 5'9", I think about 176 right now, last scale check was Thursday morning. After cookie dough maps on Thursday night I was afraid!! And I've been trying to give the scale a break on the weekends.

So I'm torn between putting the low number into MFP, the higher one or halfway in between. I would love to be able to drop at least a couple this week. But I don't want to starve myself and then go nuts...

I just finished 45 of XTrain Legs: I made up my own premix: warm up, standing, barre and stretch. I would have loved to do the floor work too or the hip thrusts but I need to get moving. After church Hubby took the older boys to B's baseball game but dropped JTrain and CDawg at a friends. So while they were gone I had such plans to clean, prep veggies for the week, do a long workout and clean. But I ended up playing 3 games with Little K and fell asleep between. And now I need to finish dinner prep: clean lettuce and shred cheese for the crockpot fajitas.

I think I'm going to check out the calorie burn and do the most in 30-40 min all days this week, mixing up circuits, HiiTs and weights. I'm thinking a lot of RWH. But I may want to throw in PRS 1 or 2 for a major fun factor!

Hi Tina and Beth!

Thursday was a kayak paddle with my Uncle, who's here for another week. I took him under the scary bridge, which was very calm when we first went under. It was a different story coming back, I nearly lost him. Thankfully he's okay except for a few blisters on his hands. Friday was STS legs and Saturday and Sunday were short bike rides. Our ride yesterday was a wet one. I thought I'd never get the dirt washed out of my hair! This week I'll be doing STS in the evening w/ DH and workouts from LIS in the mornings. I'm thinking CS for today.

Diana, thank God your son is ok! I always worry when my two are on the road. DS just started a new job that he has to travel on the highway to get to. It's not far, but the road he's on is a dangerous one. I guess as parents you never stop worrying! Sorry to hear your knees are still bothering you. This getting old business is for the birds!

Beth, no worries on getting EBE back to me. I think I'll trade it out on VF for the STS optional squat rack routine. How is your dad feeling this week? I hope he's doing well. :)

LL, your schedule sounds exhausting! Did you read the calorie article that Cathe posted today? I get so hyper focused on numbers if I count calories. Now I'm just trying to eat as much raw food as possible, lots of fruits and veggies. It's the cheese and crackers I need to cut back on!

I'm applying for another job this morning. This one would change my current schedule around completely. DH is tired of me working weekends, and if this new job works out, I'd be working M-F, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wish me luck. :)

Hi ladies,

I'm feeling out of control-probably because I can't exercise like I want to. My weight is up higher than I'd like and I'm determined to get it down. I was too tired yesterday to do anything after our walk, so today I'm doing Cardio Supersets extreme and vacuuming. I'm also going to keep logging in my food as much of a pain as that can be and stick to only eating what I make-nothing processed or tempting at work. I've got to increase my protein. I think I'll stock up on triple zero yogurt-15 grams per container. I used the calculator, Diana, thanks!

Beth

Tina- I didn't see that article. I will check it out! I get over focused on everything sometimes.

This morning I did tabatacise warm up and tabata 1 3 min and LIHI BBS no finishers 38 and no warm up.

It may be exhausting but we don't know how to be any other way! After we come back from Disney we have a lull until basketball starts up. But as of right now all our weekends are free in the foreseeable future. And the fist thing I can think of is let's plan some Christmas parties for the kids Sunday school and a get together to start a bible study before sports take over again. I think September, October, and May are my busiest months. Christmas is probably our slowest time. Sad isn't it?[emoji20]

Hi all,

I did RWH LI premix with abs #1 today. LL, I did it because you did LI 2! I'm not too good at the surfer move at the end...but I did my best. It was fun and when I'm healed I'm thinking about a RWH rotation. My shoulder continues to SLOWLY improve. I might get a massage on Thursday just to help the healing...will see. I'm disappointed my yoga class is no more and have credit at the studio to use on a massage if I want to. I don't know. I may use that for a XMAS gift for someone.

What workout were on your agendas, Diana and Tina?

Beth

I don't like Dixie cups and I'd rather use wts. That's why I chose two. [emoji41] I wanted to add abs with wts but not enough time. I hope to do RWH CLB with abs mixed in tomorrow night if I have the energy, classes tomorrow.

Beth-happy you're shoulder is on the mend! A massage sounds like it would be really good for you!

Hi ladies,

No workout to report. booh....I didn't sleep very well last night and was too tired to w/o this morning. I was on the phone for 6 hours of conference calls today. Needless to say my steps are pretty poor too. I know I need a rest day and had it planned for tomorrow since I'm in meetings starting at 7am until 2pm. My intention was to do BR Day 7 since it is legs focused and could count as my extra leg day during STS. The plan is to start Meso 2 on Thursday! I'm really loving the BR w/o's, my body really responds to these.

We are still waiting to hear what the decision is on the vehicle. Additionally, we may need to remove DS2 from our family policy because all our rates could go up.

LL-I suggest you choose a program that you can stick with. Set yourself up to be successful. :) I plan/prepare my meals on Sunday. Even though I'm working from home I still plan/prep so I know what I'm eating and when. My problem is staying out of the peanut butter jar! Your w/o's sound great! Shorter more intense w/o's seem to provide the greatest benefits and that's what you are doing. Great job, keep it up! RWH is no joke. I struggle keeping up with Cathe and Crew on this series.

Beth-give yourself a break. With your dad's surgery and your shoulder injury, it's okay to take it easy. You'll be back in full swing before you know it. I think a massage sounds like a great idea. I'm actually considering a massage myself. I've been using my hand and stone membership to work on clearing up my skin and it's coming along nicely. My shoulder hasn't been bothering much since I'm not lugging a laptop around or swimming. What happened with the yoga class? Not enough participants?? I add fage 0% to my protein shake to increase the protein. I only have 1 shake (after my workout) and get the rest of my protein from food..eggs, meat, beans etc. I sometimes make protein yogurt-1/2 C 0% fage and 1 Scoop protein powder. I mix up several of these in my food processor on Sundays and they are thick like pudding by afternoon snack time.

Tina-thank goodness your uncle made it through the rough water under the bridge! Worrying about our kids never goes away, no matter how old the kids are. Didn't your DH start a new job recently? What would you be doing and is it something you want to do? Would those hours interfere with your morning w/o's?

bbl

Hi Ladies,

I'm on the upswing...did Leaner Legs today! My shoulder/back is about 60 % and I'm giving it extra tennis ball massages. Using some decent weights felt good.

Diana, I can hardly keep up with RWH either! The step HiiT still scares me and I could only do 1 for every 2 of those surfer moves. The Fred Astaire was fun, but still tough! I programmed in RWH 2 month rotation starting Nov. 1st. I'm really hoping the back cooperates. I can always modify the upper body if I need to. It seems funny that push ups aren't a problem right now.

Tina, did you get the job? 7-3 are great hours from my perspective! I have to work out after work...it's not too bad. If I get home and don't have a snack-I pay myself a quarter. I'm usually hungry, but try to not eat and just get to my workout.

LL, sounds like your workouts are going great. What did you do today?

Beth

ps. hubby just made his first dinner since being retired-pasta with cauliflower-he found a recipe on the internet!

RWH CLB abs mixed in, unfortunate it froze at 19 min and I had to skip to the abs and then when it happened again I ejected it and wiped it down. I popped it back in and thankfully it worked! That is a toughie!! I find it similar to CLB, but I like it better maybe because I like the abs mixed in? Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in RWH LIHI chest tris shoulders, no finishers or 2 sets and finishers. Friday I'm torn between PRS or LIHI legs! We will see. I been thinking about what to take to Disney that's quick and no mor than discs and a band. I lent travel fit to my mom and she doesn't know where it is so that out. My guess RWH for the HiiT, TTM and CF. I was thinking about x10 but don't they all use wts? I know I'll be walking a lot every day. But I have to take something!! I wish I had sent my mat with my in laws who drove down...I won't be taking it or any wts, just discs and band(s).

Beth- how was the pasta? I might join you on that rotation, but I'm not sure I can go 2 months on one program! I would miss XTrain, PRS and TTM and CF, so maybe the rotation with XTrain and RWH might be for me...

Diana- I hope you sleep better tonight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.