Damage Control-October

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling pretty awful, both physically and emotionally. The cold has taken a turn for the worse, sore throat, ears hurting, congestion, etc.

My current company did offer me more money to stay, but the direct time billing setup is not for me. My last day is on Friday and I start my new job on Monday.

Tuesday I did Imax 3 (thank you Tina), Wednesday was RWH LI HIIT2. I have no energy this morning and feel horrible so no workout plans for me.

Tina-glad you are feeling better. I miss the GS w/o's, they are my favorite weight w/o's. I may do another round of STS with you. When are you starting?

Hi LL and Beth.

Hi all,

Diana, I hope you feel better soon! A day off sounds like just what you need. Also, thanks for starting the Oct. thread.

I decided to do another round of Body Beast starting today. I do want to add in 3 days of heart pumping cardio though this time around. I've been doing a course on dementia/alzheimer's and one of the risk factors people can control is blood flow-the more the better from a vascular standpoint. I'm not going to make each one high intensity though-just have more fun and get my heart rate up-like PRS1.

Tina, I've worked my way through 4 of the 7 workouts for the EB2. The weighted glutes worked the butt, but I think Cathe works it harder in GSL, Legs and Glutes, and others where there's floor work. The cardio workout was decent. It definitely got the blood pumping! I liked the intervals and would use this again if I get the set. I'm going to try to work through the rest of the set in the next week or so-probably as doubles during the Beast. Diana, do you want the set when I'm done?

LL, how is GGS going?

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I'm still feeling miserable and DH has caught this nasty bug now too. 3 of the 4 of us are sick. The house will be getting a good scrub down this weekend. Tomorrow is the 15K that I signed up and the weather will be perfect, unfortunately this illness will keep me out of the race. My sister and I are going to pick up my race packet anyway. This was an expensive race and one of the goodies is a jacket! We are also going to drive to my new office so I can make sure I know where it is for Monday morning. It sounds like I need to go to this office on Monday and Tuesday, then I'll be working from home. The rest of the weekend will be setting up my work computer.

Beth-glad to hear you are doing another round of Body Beast. A couple of my friends are doing BB and they really like it. I think I'll pass on the EB2 workouts. I have plenty to keep me busy.

Tina-Black Fire is hard for me, but I keep plugging away at them. They are short, but by no means easy. I'm thinking of doing another round of STS. When are you starting?

LL-what are you up to?

bbl

Rest day today. Yesterday I did wo B plus 6 min HiiT and I tacked on bicep curl 100 rep challenge with a 25# barbell and today my biceps are SCREAMING! I can't even extend my left arm all the way w/o help of a wall or my other arm! My right is sore too but not as bad.

Beth-I'm really starting to feel like this wasn't the best purchase. My heart rate only got up a little the last 2 days.

Friday I did MIC mod intensity cardio and it was lame. My heart rate barley got above 100.

I think the 1877 is also too many calories for me. I'm sitting at 176#. Depressing. Can't fit into clothes that I want to...

I am looking forward to ICE!

Tina- schooling is going ok some days are better than others. With one high schooler, and a prek, it gets tricky. But JTrain is taking 4 online classes and 2 live classes. That leaves only Algebra for me! CDawg is in 6th and is able to a lot of independent work, but still needs a lot of monitoring. B needs constant supervision (4th grade wiggler). Little K is learning his letter sounds and counting (14 just goes on forever!) and creating letters. He has done "F" and "E" so far and we read. I typically start with him and then he is good playing alone for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

This morning I had to be at the office by 8:30, indicated in the email. It's pretty far away so I left really early and was there by 7:40. I went into the building at 8:15, and security signed me in but said new hire paperwork doesn't start until 9:30. The HR gal did my paper work and sent me on my way. I called the service desk to see if I could get the user/name pwd for the laptop they sent me. I need a badge in order to set my password. I don't get my badge until tomorrow morning. So, I met DH for lunch and came home and started laundry and cleaning the bathrooms.

I'm starting to feel a bit better and think I will start STS tonight. Not sure I can handle a cardio w/o yet, still coughing up a bunch of crud. I was supposed to weigh in with my coach, but rescheduled to next Saturday since I was sick. Basically, my weight is the same.

LL-Sorry you aren't happy with your purchase. I know how frustrating that can be. If you aren't happy with the program, just find a Cathe rotation that suits your fancy. It sounds like you and the boys are off to a good school year. I can see how difficult it is to keep the kids attention when they are all different ages.

Hi Tina & Beth!

bbl

Diana- sorry it sounds like you had a bunch of junk to deal with before really getting started! Hopefully tomorrow will be better! Do you own STS or do you subscribe to Cathe On Demand? I'm going to try to send a detailed email to GGS tonight and see what they say. I did do level 3 this morning instead I've lvl 2. It wasn't really all that different front squat (2 db at shoulder level) instead of goblet squat (1 db held in front). But for the third week I'm doing 4 sets instead of 3 for every exercise. But it was interrupted because I got a call from Little K's dope he therapy teacher about a notice from the FBI stating that there will be a violent attack Monday at 2pm in a Philly area college, connected to the Oregon shooting (thankfully nothing happened) so it was completed broken up. I had such high hopes. But I guess I just can't keep myself motivated like Cathe does! I've been thinking about STS a lot. But it's so expensive and I don't have a chin up bar or the turbo tower. Is that something that you really need to do for 3 months?

My biceps are still screaming at me. I need to assist them to complete straighten them. Rest days until Thursday. I will add in another HiiT this week so I'll be doing 3 strength, 2 6-10 min HiiTs and one MIC.

We had a field trip today at Camp Sankanac about 30 min north of me almost into Pottstown. Always a fun day, but this time there was only one other mom there that I know fairly well and she ended up going home during the program to work.

Hi Beth and Tina!

I've had a blip in the health department. I'm taking it easy, having a bunch of tests done. I am still working out, just laying a bit low.

Diana, I hope you're feeling better. I'm thinking about starting STS next Monday. I'm doing XT this week for weights and cardio. I wish my basement TV was set up to be able to get WiFi, I'd love to try the Black Fire workouts. What a hassle with the new job, at least you were able to have a nice lunch with DH. :)

Beth, please keep those workouts for as long as you like. I really don't have an interest in doing them any time soon. I just found the booklet that goes along with it, I can mail it to you if you're interested. When do you find time to take a class? Do you have someone you care for that has dementia? I'm with you on the steady state cardio, I've been craving it lately.

LL, you have a great schooling system down pat! I could barely handle one student. I'm so excited for ICE too!

I had a dream last night that Cathe made a surprise announcement that she was also putting out a new Cross Fire 2, 3, and 4 with the new system. Clearly I've been stalking her FB page too much lately. :/

Tina, "I had a dream last night that Cathe made a surprise announcement that she was also putting out a new Cross Fire 2, 3, and 4 with the new system." LOL! That would be awesome wouldn't it! Crossfire is such a good metabolic/hiit program with so many options! Sorry you are dealing with health issues-will send good thoughts to you and Diana that you're back to speed soon. Today is rest day from the Beast, so I'm going to do the Plyo Lower Body workout-the one from the first week left me really sore for days so I'm interested to see what this one does! Thank you for letting me keep them longer...with doing Body Beast I don't know when I'll finish and this way I won't have to rush. My new weights all came and I've been getting used to the ez curl bar and just picking up the 30's and carrying them around. Also, I don't think I need the booklet-I'm just trying to eat extra protein and limit processed foods.

Diana, glad your new job is up and running. STS sounds like a good plan to get through all the upcoming holidays and into the new year. I'm wondering how I'll mix in ICE. I like the one body part a day concept and depending on my time may do the beast body part and then the cardio and same body part that Cathe does.

LL, Do you have the Cross train express dvd? It's about 30 minutes of cardio, one body part, and abs (along with warm up and stretch) for each of the six workouts. All are under an hour and with your busy schedule might be doable. Yikes...glad the shooting scare was nothing.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I'm am still sick, starting to think it may be a sinus infection. No workout, planned on it but I really don't have the energy and DS is gaming. I struggled through disc 1 yesterday, the pushups were super hard with my lack of energy. On the upside, I got my badge today as well as security details etc. When I got home from the office, I was able to log in with a little trial and error. I'm up and running on the work front.

LL-Yes, I own STS-probably my best purchase. There are pullups in Meso 1 for sure, the power tower isn't really needed until Meso 3. It simply allows you to go much heavier than you can without it. A weight bench with the rack would work too, and I would actually prefer it (if I had room). Meso 2 is my favorite-probably because you work each body part before moving on to the next. You don't have to follow the rotation, you can use them independently for any weight w/o. To get the strength gains, it is best to follow the program where you are continually increasing your weights. ITA w/Beth, you might like CTX. They have a ton of premixes, just cardio, just weights etc. Wow, sorry the other mom bailed on you, that's not fun. I'm interested in what GGG has to say.

Tina-I hope you don't have anything serious and that you recover quickly. I had to plug the chromecast into my w/o tv (USB), then I use the daily burn app on my phone to connect to the tv. I don't really know how it all works (technically speaking), but I was able to follow the instructions and get it to work.:)

Beth-you make me laugh-just carrying around the 30's! You will love them! Has Cathe provided a date for ICE? If so, I missed it. Happy Legs DOMsing!

bbl

Hi Ladies,

Me again...where is everyone? Working from home definitely has it's advantages. This morning was Disc 3-Legs and at lunch was Disc 2-B&T. I'm still not ready to do any cardio, other than walking. I may try to walk after dinner tonight to get in my 10K steps.

bbl

Yesterday was PRS#1 and PRS#2 combo 6 and the finished product. Today will be XT CLB and tomorrow I plan on XT BS all upper premix. I have a diagnostic test today, and if it turns out okay, we'll be starting STS on Monday. I'm getting so excited for the new series!! I'm so happy I pre-ordered now.

Diana, how are you liking the new job? Do you work in casual wear now? How often do you have to go into the office? Sounds like the perfect set up! How are you feeling?

Beth, coincidently I just bought a second 30 lb dumbbell for DH for our anniversary, so now we have a pair. I used them for chest flys and they're perfect. I think we're ready for a 35 lb pair. Now we just need a good barbell. It's been so hard to find one with quick release collars and under 6 feet long. I just finished two good books, A Kind Worth Killing and Ordinary Grace. Next I'll be reading Inside the O'Briens, written by Lisa Genova, who wrote Still Alice, which I still have to read. What are you reading now?

LL, I agree with Diana, STS is the best purchase I've ever made. You really don't need a pull up tower. Cedie does a modification with the band for pull ups and chin ups.

I can feel my annual inner caveman coming to life. All I want to do is bake and eat. Yesterday was cinnamon bread and today will be pear bread. :eek:

Wah...I want to work from home, too! Diana, even though you're still a little sick, you sound so much happier! Glad all the stress from last week is done.

Tina, I did week two weighted plyo legs a few days ago and still have DOMS! If it just wasn't the same 2 exercises 4 times in a row I might just buy the discs. I looked at the upper body one and it's only about 30 minutes so I might do that one tomorrow.

Today ended up just being a good walk with my weight vest on with hubby. The leaves here are beautiful right now. Monday we drove to NY state through the mountains to enjoy them as well. Retirement has its advantages when I'm off work! We've bagged having the yard sale and took 15 boxes of books and clothes to good will. They employ some folks with MH issues and it freed up so much time and space now. Sunday we're going to visit DS2 at Penn State...I haven't decided if I'm going to go in the frat house and see his room...maybe I'll take the camera to practice!

Work has been crazy busy-lots of admissions and we just started (10/1) to use computers for charting-so there's a big learning curve. Also, a few patients are in dire straits and are needing extra support. In a moment of weakness I agreed to yet another 12 hour shift tomorrow, but at least I'll be well prepared-all my own snacks and pace myself.

Off to dinner. Glad to hear about your workouts. I hope your test goes well. If something is wrong, getting the correct diagnosis is usually half the battle.

LL, what's up?

Beth

Today was XT BS total upper body premix. I really enjoyed it and the 78 min went by fast. Hopefully we get some bike miles in this weekend. I'm sick of waiting around for medical tests results, so I'm going to stop worrying about it and will be restarting STS on Monday.

Beth, twelve hours on your feet sounds like drudgery. Are you a nurse? How did I miss this. My FIL is in the hospital right now and his nurse came in to say goodbye to him, she was just finishing a 36 hour shift. :eek:

Diana, how's the new job going? I hope you're feeling better. :)

Hi to LL.

Hi Ladies,

This morning I braved a cardio w/o-To The Max Extreme! I got through it with lots of breaks. At lunch was STS Disc 6-legs. I still get very winded with just doing weight workouts. I don't know what made me feel like I could handle a cardio w/o. I hope to do disc 5-B&T, before we leave tomorrow. I have to go weigh in with my coach too. :rolleyes: Although we are heading to the mountains for the weekend, I should be able to w/o both days. We can't check in to the hotel until 4pm and have to check out by 11.

I so love my new job and all the benefits that come with working from home!

Beth-walking with vest is awesome!! Garage sales are so time consuming which is why I tend to just donate my stuff. Hope you have a great visit with your son. Not sure if I'd want to check out the dorm or not. If it's parents visitation, most the rooms should be pretty clean.

Tina-you are getting in some awesome w/o's. I hope you get the results soon, waiting is the hardest part. Hoping you get the results you want! If not, we are all here for you. HUGS Is FIL in the final stages, or was his nurse just going to be off a few days? It so hard with aging parents. I love my MIL dearly and want her to live forever! As far as my job, I wear shorts, sweats, robe...etc! :)

LL-Do you have tubing? Just like Tina said, you can use tubing instead of a pullup bar or tower. Meso 3 is the only one where a weight bench or tower would be needed, and then only if you wanted to lift as heavy as possible without a spotter. What are you up to?

bbl

Hi all! I started a reply on my iPhone yesterday but didn't get a chance to finish it. Hopefully I will tomorrow. No wo today, I'm afraid I'm coming down with a cold and we have crazy day tomorrow: 2 baseball tournaments in opposite directions that over lap. And I have a baby shower to go to in the afternoon. We've enlisted in teammate's parents for rides and sending CDawg to a friend's all day since he doesn't have baseball and my in laws will probably come and help Hubby with Little K so he doesn't have to sit through 4+ hours of games!

But I'm sleeping in tomorrow and going to do a GGS wo, plus 30 min MIC. And then I might be finished with it, I'm bored and I miss Cathe, but part of me says to hold out at least for 4 weeks, then they even suggest to take a week off and do something else. When I'm doing it I just can't wait until it's over and I don't think I'm giving it my all like when I do Cathe.

I will try to finish the other reply tomorrow and let you know what the email from GGS said, but I'm tired and need to read my book before I go to sleep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Do you ever feel like life is just moving way too fast? I do. Glad to be done the 12 hour shift (yes, Tina, in nursing) and will really enjoy the bonus check in 3 weeks. I got home from work last night though to find out my dad was ambulanced to the Williamsport Hospital-about an hour away-where DH had his back surgery almost 2 years ago. My mom and I drove down today and he's on antibiotics and needs surgery either tomorrow or Monday. He has had really bad sinuses and had surgery on them 20 years ago. Well...now he's lost bone between his sinus cavity and his brain and if the fascia is compromised from the infection then they have to build it back up to make sure he doesn't lose cerebral spinal fluid (never good to lost that). Anyway...he's been a diabetic since age 21 and I'm really, really worried. Thanks for listening.

Beth

Tuesday and Wednesday were rest days. Today I did GGS wo B with a HiiT. Not fun but it did get my HR up more than Monday. I miss my Cathe Workouts! I will probably end up asking for my money back. And I'm so fed up with my weight I'm gong to try 21 day fix food again. 3.5 weeks until Disney which means bathing suits!

I'm so thinking about STS!! I know it was on sale just a couple of days ago. But I can't make another purchase right now. Hubby asked me to see how much I've spent in the last 12 months and u came up with $436 and he said, "whoa!" That includes RWH and few extra DVDs like GG, LL&A, LBB(<-- those are from when I ordered ICE) and I think I may have have gotten intensity and others with RWH.

But I will

Beth- sorry about your dad. We are happy to listen!

I'm going to send this before it gets lost in space. I started it 2 days ago. Yesterday and today are full of baseball tournaments. I haven't worked out since -wow- Monday? Or Thursday?

I did find a friend that has 21 day fix and didn't like the workouts but lent them to me just so I can see if I can deal with her implants!!! And personality and stuff.

More later on GGS email

Beth, so sorry about what your dad is going through. I hope it all turns out well. I'll be sending you happy thoughts.

Saturday was a day off and Sunday was a 40+ mile bike ride. I finally made the 3000 mile mark for this year. I'm way behind last year, but I honestly could care less. This week will be cardio in the a.m. and STS on M/T/W in the p.m. We went to two stores last night looking for a standard, non-threaded barbell. Why is this so hard to find? I'm going to try two fitness equipment store in our area and see if they have anything of quality.

LL, STS goes on sale quite often. About once a year it's really inexpensive. That's how I purchased it and I wasn't that excited about it, I just couldn't pass up the price. I know I've said this a nauseating amount of times, but it really is the single best fitness purchase I've ever made. Could you ask for it as a Christmas gift? DISNEY!?! We are Disney freaks in this family. We talk about it constantly and hope to go back this March. Are you staying on property? Doing the meal plan? How many days are you going?

Diana, my FIL is doing well, the nurse was just leaving a very long shift. How was your weekend get-away? Did you do some hiking? Your new job sounds fantastic! I'll let you know how STS with DH goes. Should be interesting, as we don't have all the equipment we need yet.

Hi Ladies,

I'm finally feeling better, about 95%! This morning was X10 41 min premix, lunch was STS disc 7-CSB. I'm feeling sufficiently fried, especially the shoulders.

DS and I had a wonderful weekend get away! The leaves are turning and the weather was perfect! I have to pick up DS1 at the airport tonight. His flight doesn't get in until 10:30pm. It's going to be a late night for me.

Beth-Praying for your dear dad. {{{HUGS}}}

LL-Don't forget to tell DH how much stuff you sold to offset your fitness purchases! STS is a progressive program, but can be used independently. If you have GS or Xtrain, it's not necessary as these w/o's offer general weight training. The other weight programs aren't progressive in nature. I highly recommend STS but I use it a lot too.

Tina-way to go on your miles! 3000 miles sounds amazing to me! I don't know if you have a walmart near you, but they have non-threaded barbells. I've had mine for so long that I can't recall where I purchased it. It came with 4-10# plates and 2 5# plates (vinyl). My 25# metal plates fit on it just fine. I don't think bar itself even weighs 5#'s though. I would love to get a 45# 5ft universal bar. Oh, I just googled and they have these at walmart too. I may go get one this weekend. Did you get your test results? Hope all is well.

bbl

Tina, Hubby's parents hit the 50 yr anniversary mark so they are taking us and Hubby's brother, wife and son, who is Little K's age. We are staying off property. We have bought our flight tickets, their dime for everything but souvenirs and more than one meal out or so and have the rental. Hubby was supposed to get the rental car tonight and do the park tickets/fast passes asap as we are under the 30 day mark but it's been crazy. This weekend we had 6 baseball games! JTrain had a tournament 30 min north of us in Pottstown, nothing is really there, 2 family friends that we rarely see. But it was single elimination (due to the rain the night before) and they lost on Saturday and were supposed to have a consolation game yesterday but after waiting for an hour for the team before them to finish, they called it off. Which was really bad since Hubby had left B's semi finals game to go and it was a 45 min drive there. B's tournament was in Newtown Square, 2 games Saturday (I missed both because I had a baby shower in the afternoon and the first game was at 8 and they had to be there and hour early) and then 3 games yesterday. And they won the championship!!! We were there for 11 hrs! We had a one hour delay today, I wants to let them sleep. And way to go on your miles! That's amazing!

Today I did Total Body Cardio Fix and it was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. I hope she covers up her boobs better in other workouts!! I did well today on eating! I ate under my calories, not on purpose, just kinda happened. 1388 ate today according to MFP. Goal is between 1500-1800. I did the containers and I could have eaten some cheese/nuts and fruit, half container each.

Off to watch Blacklist with Hubby!

Hi to all that follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.