Damage Control November!

Hello to all !

It has been a while . . . haven't gotten many workouts in due to life getting in the way. Did get lots of steps in while I spent a couple days cleaning closets and putting things away. Rather than making piles I kept walking back and forth putting things in their "new spots". :D So I finally got a workout in this AM . . . LIS Cardio Supersets.

Diana - sinus headaches have been here for me also. They are horrible. I cannot find anything that give relief for very long. My favorite fix is going out to suishi and eating lots of wasabi! :p That will last until I go to bed and fall asleep. We finally have some winter weather here - high 40's at night and mid 60's during the day with little bits of rain in the mix. Cannot believe you are so cold there already!

LL - great job with the eating and getting your workouts going. At least you have plans and will try hard to make them workout out. Your results are there so just keep it up! I agree with Diana that upping the calories a bit may give you the energy to get some weight work in the mix. That seems to help me more and more as I get older.;)

Tina - LOL about DH telling you the wrong temperature ! What do you do instead of ride when it gets too cold?

Beth - you sound like me . . . I do not like being cold and cannot imagine riding when it is cold due to the wind chill factor. I favor the cardio and circuits also . . . can't wait for the new workouts as they should fit that bill perfectly.

Laura - what are you up to these days besides your football games?

Have a super day ladies !

Hello, ladies. Nice to see everyone checking in and to hear what you're all up to!

Diana-I'll send good thoughts your way at 5 AM when you're gearing up for a workout. 100 Deadlifts sounds tough. What weight did you use?

Jacque-nice to put a namesto faces. I should really try to get a picture for my avatar. I'm behind in computer stuff though. Just recently we got a camera that has a cable. We took the camera to the drugstore and got some pictures that way. Maybe my New Year's resolution can be getting a picture on the avatar. We'll see...I'm not promising anything!

My pizza turned out fine. I was able to roll it out pretty thin and that helped the crust from tasting too "wheat-y" or heavy. Of course the Merlot with it was pretty nice too! Yesterday I ended up doing STS-compound premix. I loved it! It had 3 rounds of legs, one of chest, one of shoulders, one of back and then some tough abs. I'd never done that premix. My forearms were not able to hold the barbell I was using for the last round. There were no pushups either! It clocked in at about 55 minutes and I'll be doing that one again more regularly. Today I did KPC with my pink gloves. It's been fun doing this rotation. Tomorrow is Afterburn.

See you soon,

Beth

Hi all,

Just checking to see who has posted today while I eat my lunch. Usually workout at the same time as Diana (although she is a couple hours ahead of me . . .) but decided to do my nails instead. Plan for tonight is X77 (or as much as I can handle). DH has hockey tonight so no worries about getting dinner together ! :p

Beth - yes that pic is from quite a few years ago and I couldn't even tell you how I got it here. Your pizza sounds good ! We get Papa Murphy's quite often and get the thin crust as it isn't too bad on the calories. I am assuming the STS premix if from STS Total Body? I like the sound of no pushups as I cannot do many of them any longer without shoulders grinding. Like the 3 rounds of legs and one of UB and then including abs.

That may just be my workout for tomorrow AM !

Hello to everyone else !

Good Friday morning to you all. Today I have M1D11 Back & Tris plus STS SB abs. Yesterday was KM and a night ride. The darker and colder our rides are, the slower our average speed is. We did a beach run, which we call a cheater loop because it's so flat, and our average speed was only 15.5 mph. During the summer while the sun is shining, our average is high 18's low 19's. Spring cannot come fast enough. Tomorrow is a planned day off, just a 16 hour cleaning shift, which I'll do some of those hours tonight. Today I'm officially done with STS pyramid and I'm already planning my next round, maybe the first week of January. :)

Diana, YR is yoga relax. It's DH's favorite yoga workout. We just located a working VCR, so we can rotate in Ali MacGraw's yoga workout, which is my favorite. I also like Travis Eliot's cross training yoga, but DH can't get passed his guttural groaning noises. Your speed squats sound tough. How much snow do you have now? We are still snow free!! :D

Jacque, how far did you make it in X77? That is a super hard premix! I'm also doing closet rearranging. We just changed a coat closet into a linen closet and now I'm in a vortex of massive stuff shifting. Anything I haven't touched in two years is getting tossed! :)

Beth, now you've made me feel guilty for trading my STS TB workout. I'm going to have to repurchase this one when it comes back up on the daily deal.

Laura, great to hear you're alive and well. I hope it's finally warming up in your neck of the woods.

Have a great weekend! :)

Hi Ladies,

I didn't get here yesterday, but did Disc 17 I think...it was Legs. Last night was my holiday meltdown class with stair running carrying weights OH MY. My glutes are definitely sore today. The 100 from yesterday was Bench Step ups, and I'm not sure what's on tap for today's challenge. No workout to report for this morning.

Beth-I started with 40lbs and dropped to 20lbs for the deadlifts. Pretty light considering I can do 85# deadlifts. With the high reps its safer to lower the weights. Nice job with STS TB!!! I haven't done that premix before. I bought hooks for my barbell and they take a lot of the tension off the forearms. I've used the lower body premix and liked it. Merlot sounds great, I'm a red wine drinker myself! I enjoy 1 glass per week. Glad your pizza turned out good for you.

Jacque-how was X77? That's a tough w/o for sure! I have avs tickets for saturday! I haven't been to a game in quite a while. I will certainly enjoy it! All this closet cleaning with you Tina is motivating me to purge more stuff from my house.

Tina-Yoga Relax-gotcha. I haven't done any of the Cathe's yoga w/o's, just not a yoga fan although I should be. No snow here, actually we've been in the 50's this week. It's going to drop back down to 20's on Sunday, bbrrr. Closet clutter be gone...nice work! :) I need to work on some of that too.

Laura-how are you? What's your weather like?

bbl

Hi! I'm just checking in. Yesterday was rest day for me. We went to pick our son up for Thanksgiving Break from his college. It was not fun driving home at 6PM in the dark. I hate daylight savings time! I'm getting behind on my rotation. I'll probably just do a total body weight today-Muscle Max was on tap for yesterday.

Hi all quick check in: yoga relax premix 1 on Thursday, nothing yesterday, today I did tabatacise, premix 2: tabatas 1-2 and core. That core is tough ! I couldn't do all of it! My back stared to hurt..I think my core is really weak.

Bad few days around here: Little K and B got coughs and colds, no biggies, but then JTrain broke his arm during volleyball practice este day. This afternoon, CDawg complained about his stomach hurting and then threw up. Again hours later he threw up again. The JTrain said he wants feeling well, so we started getting him upstairs to get ready for bed. Then Little K woke up and threw up. It's going to e a long night and day tomorrow! So I'm not sure what tomorrow is going to look like. My stomach is feeling a little icky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was disc 18-Back & Triceps and stability ball abs. My intention was to also do a cardio w/o but I wasn't feeling it. Today I started with cardio, BR Day 9 and followed that up with disc 19-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and no equipment abs. The 100 challenge today was V-Ups.

Now it's time to get busy on the chores, laundry, cleaning out the refrigerator and grocery shopping for the week.

LL-sorry the kids are sick, that's no fun. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Beth-I bet you are happy to see your son for Thanksgiving! My commute is a minimum of an hour and I leave work when it's still light out and its dark before I get home. Being dark when I get home tricks my body into thinking it's later than it is and I lose my energy.

Waving hi to all...:)

Today was a 57 mile ride and abs from FT. I think DH and I are going to do GS's this week together. I'm getting so excited for the new workouts, sounds like it won't be too much longer!! :)

LL, sorry to hear your son broke his arm. To top that off with a family virus sounds horrible. I hope things have calmed down for all of you.

Diana, how do you do back to back STS workouts? I need a day in between, especially during Meso 2. I love those SB abs! I think it may be my favorite. Those one legged pikes just about kill me every time!

Beth, hurray for your son coming home for the holiday! :)

I think the boys have turned the corner, somehow B, Hubby and I escaped it, so far, but B has a terrible cough and Hubby is exhausted, he got up with them more that I did and has trouble falling back asleep. I slept thru all of it except 2x! Today I got in XTrain CBS. I too can't wait for the new workouts!!

Hi Ladies,

I didn't sleep very well last night, UGH. Therefore I have no workout to report for this morning. I do have class tonight though. Only 5 more discs to finish up Meso 2. I'm debating whether or not to do Meso 1.....guess it depends on if the new w/o's arrive or not. I'm asking for 40# DB's for Christmas. My heaviest db's are 35#'s.

Tina-nice ride, 57 miles is awesome! Normally I don't do back to back STS w/o's. CST is almost 70 minutes and I don't have time for that on a workday. Since Friday ended up being a rest day it pushed my STS w/o's causing me to do them back to back. Usually I would do a BR w/o in between. Also, I wish the leg w/o was in the middle of the 2 UB w/o's in this meso. I guess Legs will be tomorrow, they need at least one day of rest before tackling the 10K on Thanksgiving.

LL-sounds like the worst is behind you. Way to go with Xtrain CSB! I'm sort of missing Xtrain since I've been on the STS track.

Happy Monday All!

Rmrmr, my heaviest are 25s, I have been asking for 30s and 35s for a while. I can make 1 30 but once I did triceps and all the wts fell to the floor, so I only use that for one arm rows now! I hope you get them!

I hope to do someone cardio today, maybe a step, but my day is getting away from my and I have my WW meeting tonight.

Happy Monday! 57 mile bike ride-wow! Ready to move to 40 pound dumbbells-wow! Finding time to work out in a houseful of sick males-wow! You are all inspiring! This is just the motivation I need to keep finding the time and energy and to stop making excuses to not get a workout in-so thanks! Later today I'm meeting a friend at the free weight room at the high school. I've finally convinced her to try weight lifting. I've decided to focus today on chest and back-either PUB or Burn Sets X-train concept. I think I'll have her start with 5 pounds and do 16. If that was easy-go to 8 pounds and just keep working up. She's never lifted so I don't want to fry her on the first day! Of course our warm up will be a little cardio and then push ups!

Keep it up! I love hearing about your workouts.

Beth

Hello Ladies ..

Thursday and Friday was a complete nightmare - work - stress- home life - just a NIGHTMARE! ugh .. this storm I am currently in has to run out of rain soon!!! Saturday I did manage to get a very theraputic HARD run w/my bestpersonaltrainerever Brutus - then I did the core and stretch from Lean Legs and Abs ...that did help me some! weather was nice ... but turned into rain later ... watched my Auburn football game ... we started out bad .. but got our crap together and played great the second half - not sure what is going on with us .. we are not same football team that started off this year .. we play our RIVALS this weekend .. YIKES!! but you never know with the Iron Bowl ... all I know is GOOOOOO TIGERS GO!!! Pull this one into a WIN for us ..

Di - our weather went from the deep freeze to muggy tornado weather!! ugh .. HORRIBLE storms yesterday . . tornado warnings everywhere... today it is dare I say HOT -o_O - the wind is howling tho .. then the temps to plummit again by Wednesday .. so we should have a cold holiday weekend!

LL - wow that is a lot of sick boys .. poor things!! glad everyone is getting well!

Tina - your DH does yoga .. wow I am impressed!! I need to get mine on a exercise plan to help w/his stress -

Jacque - have you checked out the clips of the new workouts .. I cant wait!! but man oh man the heavy weights!! YIKES - looks like I will have to build up to that kind of weight .. ha!

Beth - glad you son is home for the holiday!

Wendy - are you snowed in? are ya'll seriously considering moving to NC?? getting closer to me girlie!!! but what about your trips to AC??? you may have to join me in MS for some slot fun .. :):):):):)

OK - so not sure what is on tap for today .. prbly Pi-yo or T-25 .

have a great one!!

Hey there ladies !

This AM I did STS TB, one time through with abs. Think I may do that one 3X this week if I get around to it due to the holidays.

Tina - holy moly long bike rides . . . I did take the puppy out for a long walk, at least for him. With an part-time injured leg, he got too excited and stressed it a bit again. Still wanted to run for a while . . . then about the time we could turn around before hiking up a pretty steep hill, he started dragging so we headed back home. Think it was about 2.5 miles but apparently when I hit start on Map My Run it didn't start. Wish I could take him for long walks during the week but it is dark when I head for work and dark when I get home. :mad: 4 days off should give us time for another long walk/run. So last week I made it through X10, 57 minutes before I lost most of my energy. No sense in keeping going as it was looking quite ugly! Was definitely tiring for sure !

Diana - did you do your HM class with steps + weights and then the 100 bench step ups? If so, no wonder you had a sore back end! Gosh you lift heavy heavy . . . as hard as I try to build back my strength from the STS days, it just doesn't seem to come back. Too many pains here and there. I think I will try adding my extra 1/2 lbs here and there to try to build up again. Not sure I could do M1 again - too many push ups, but perhaps I could sub bench press instead. Those don't get my shoulders as bad. Will see how the new workouts go weight-wise.

LL - wowsers you had quite a weekend. Poor JT with a broken arm! Never thought VBall was quite that dangerous . . . we used to split our chins diving and I did partially tear my ankle though. Good to hear the sickies are better.

Beth - hope you enjoy your weight training with a buddy ! How nice of you to help your friend out and then you can get your workout in too ! Have a great time with DS home.

Laura - good to hear you got your workout buddy and took a nice long run the other day. It sure helps take your mind off of things even if for just a little while. Knock on wood we have the 70's for a few days but had to scrape frost from the car this AM. We are to be back to rain the end of the week. Hope things get better for you. Crazy weather these days. And best of luck . . . GOOOOOO WAAAAARRRRRR EEEAAAGGGLLEEESSSS ! ! !

Toodles until tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did BR Day 10. I need a short w/o and this fit the bill coming in at 30 minutes. Short but definitely not easy, that's for sure. Last night was a fun circuit in the HM class. Lots of running, stair running, squats, lunges, situps, upright rows etc. The 100 challenge yesterday was military press, my shoulders are fried!

Well, I just started this job in July and have been informed they will be laying off 1,500 employees across the board. This will be ongoing through the end of January I believe. Just my luck that I just bought a new car too. I'm trying not to worry too much about it as it is out of my hands. I work in the health care industry now and it sounds like its mainly due to obamacare and healthcare companies not receiving as much money as they had in the past.

Beth-hope you are able to get friend as excited about lifting weights as the rest of us are here! How did she like it? We are more than happy to help motivate you. It's not always easy, but we seem to fit in exercise when we can. If there is a will, there is a way.

Laura-sorry to hear you are still having to deal with all that stress. Hope it eases up soon. Nice run with Brutus! I'm feeling fortunate as our temps are supposed to be in the 50's/even low 60's for Thanksgiving and my turkey trot 10K.

Jacque-Way to work in STS TB! I do the lower body premix on that disc sometimes. Yep, stair running with weights and bench step ups on the same night. Legs is on tap for tomorrow but I may switch it up so I don't do legs the day before a 10K. I only use the 30's and 35's for chest and back. I heard/read that Cathe uses 40's in the new series. She also uses a 40# DB for plie squats in some of her current w/o's. I'm not a fan of all the pushups either, they tend to aggravate my bad shoulder. I can do a few, but not a lot at any one time.

LL & Tina-what are you ladies up to today?

bbl

Hiya ladies !

This morning was Afterburn and for once lately, I did the regular program and made it all the way through. Since I did weights yesterday I only used 8 lbs for most of the weighted exercises but it still worked just fine ! :p

Diana - bummer about the job ! Perhaps it won't be your department that gets hit <<< crosses fingers and toes > > >. Good news you are having decent weather there too for your 10K. We are at 75' here in Salinas which is always colder than where I live due to the ocean breezes and fog. I have "graduated" to 20's for chest and back and that is about all my arms can handle ! I think in the past I was almost to where you are but no longer . . . forearms are done with heavy weights I think. o_O

Hello to everyone else . . . are we doing a Turkey Day challenge (I know Diana is ! :D). Way back when there were Cardio Coach Saturdays . . . same thing where everyone did the same workout on the same day. Are we up to it?

If not, Happy Holiday ladies - enjoy family and friends and stay safe.

Rmrmr, sorry to hear bout the lay offs coming! But maybe you won't be a part of it??

No wo for me today, I had planned on butt and guts but just didn't get it in. Little K started throwing up again this morning. But was able to have some toast. So I changed my whole thanksgiving from doing the whole turkey and some trimmings alone with some steaks and shrimp to no turkey and the only trimming was the stuffing that I bought.i added a steak and more shrimp. So all I have to do is grill steaks, in the freezing cold (snow storm coming tomorrow) warm up stuff and put together a Caesar salad. But now JTrain would like some kind of bird so Hubby may try to get a chicken tomorrow, if he can get out....

I have watched all the new DVD clips and am so excited! I'm not sure about the circuits...but Now i really need to get a set of 30s and singles of 35 and 40!!

Monday was a hodge-podge of TB, LLA standing premix, GS C&T, BC U&L premix and AH #6 (this was spread out over the whole day). I've been getting Charlie horses in my glutes, which DH thinks is hilarious. Last night was a 30 mile beach ride. Today I broke up GS legs and did the floor portion first and then DH and I did the standing portion together when he got home. We also squeezed in CM #1, which he hadn't ever tried. Tomorrow we plan on finishing GS and hopefully STS plyo legs on Friday. We have snow now, so we may not get out for a ride this weekend.

Diana, I'm so sorry you have stress at work right now. Not something anyone should be worrying about over the holidays. :( I'll be crossing my fingers for you too! Good luck on your 10K tomorrow, I hope the weather cooperates. :)

LL, thank goodness everyone is all better in your house.

Jacque, I adore AB, it slays me every time! Are you on vacation? 75? Sounds glorious right about now! :)

Laura, your out running in 19 degrees? Anything below 25 and my hiney is staying inside!

Beth, are we still doing a challenge tomorrow? What did we decide on. When DH goes to plow, I'll sneak it in. ;)

I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving tomorrow! :)

Fembot, wow!!that is a lot of workouts in one day!! Let me see if i got it all straight: tb-turbo barre, lla-lean legs abs (I don't have that one, how do you like it??), gs c&t- gym styles chest and triceps,BC u&t- I couldn't figure this one out,ah- I don't know either, cm1core max? Do you what ever STS you are in the mood for or are you doing the rotation?

I often think that I should mix up my workouts more and do some older ones and not just always do the new ones. But when I get down there and look at them all, I just don't really want to do any from the body blast series or rhythmic step even 4D. I think I did all the timesaver workouts that had cardio and wts...I have been only doing from LIS to now, sometimes I'll do PUB, which is o
D, but I've only had it for a short time or HiiT.

I was wondering if any of you could give me a quick review on your favorite beach body workouts, particularly turbo fire, chalene extreme, t25, piyo, 21 day fix? I keep thinking about them but I feel like I really like cathe, so why look at anything else? but sometimes they look really good and come with a meal plan. But sometimes I like that cathe doesn't have all the extras,gimmicks maybe? I like that she's not a MLM and doesn't sell a shake and doesn't have coaches and shows decent length clips of her DVDs! But Shawn t tools very interesting, as does the new insanity max30 and 21day fix extreme, but I don't know is I want to spend my money there....I wish I could borrow from someone locally to try before I buy. I taped cathe from fit tv and got her out of the library a lot before I bought....

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm going to try to get a workout in early tomorrow in my head I've been thinking about butt and guts, party rockin step and cf less impact. Not sure what I'll e in the mood for tomorrow or have time for!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.