Damage Control May :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I signed up for the Daytona RT. :D I tried to get in for July in NJ but didn't get in.

My legs are sore from biking hills last night. Oh my, need to get on my bike more often for sure. My training partner and I are riding this weekend. Swimming is still difficult, but one of the gals invited me to swim with her at her pool on Wednesday evenings. That will give me an extra day of practice.

Today is the final BR bootcamp w/o, day 21. I much preferred the BR 30 Day Challenge and may take a look at that again.

I'll have to go back and read the previous thread to see what everyone is up to. bbl

Hi Girls.

Yesterday's work out was short but not easy and certainly left it's mark on my azz! OUCHEES! It's a padded toilet seat kinda' day for sure! ;)

It was a 16 round timed interval circuit of heavy weighted lunges and swings.

This morning's plan was SUPPOSED to be X3 Eccentric Upper, 15 Burpees (fb challenge!) and some of TAM Ab 11-20 but I forgot I had to have my son at school early this morning so it wasn't worth the rush. :mad:

Tonight I am supposed to go to the gym I'll br working at for a while to prepare for when I am officially on the schedule and tmrw is my son's First Holy Communion.

That being said, there won't be any time to work out tonight, and tmrw depends upon how late the festivities run and how tired I am from it all.

Sunday I am going to try to make it to the gym I'll be working at to work out there. It will help to get me familiarized with the facility.

Diana:: Congrats on making it into the Daytona RT! Have a great time!!!!:D

Today was a 45 mile bike ride and yesterday was GS C&T. We're hoping the weather will hold for another ride tomorrow. Sunday is going to be a wash out, so we'll do some form of upper body work. DH's shoulder is sore, but not from STS. He'll need to take it easy for the next few weeks. I'm bummed because I was really missing STS. I'll do another round after cycle season finally kicks off.

Diana, congrats on getting in on the Daytona RT. How many have you done? I would love to join you in a future RT. Jersey isn't too far from me, I could take a bus. Maybe next year. Please take lots of photos this year. :)

Wendy, good luck tomorrow. I hope the weather holds for you.

Good Morning Ladies :)

I really didn't want to get up this morning. DS2 hasn't been having naps, I cut them out because he wasn't going to bed until 9'ish. (That's right Wendy, when you turn 2 you stop napping :p) So because he went to be so early , he was up by 6:30 and I was still dead tired! To many early mornings in the run of a week!

Tomorrow we are going to the city because of rylans appt on Monday morning. We are hoping to get the answers we need on Monday. The appt is all day. I'm a little stressed about my food those two days. I need to pack/ take something's. Lunch and dinner should be fine cause there are salads everywhere. But who serves a cup of egg whites for breakfast? Lol. And my snacks....I'm going to have to bring my shakes....and I can't forget my supplements! I'm 9weeks out now and really want to start watching what I put in my mouth. We won't be back until Monday night so I feel a little ill prepared for next week as well. I usually get groceries on Sunday. Maybe I'll get some tonight on my way home from the gym.

Today I am going to do cardio in the a.m and when DH comes home from work this evening I have to go to the gym for legs. This week coming is my last week in this phase.

Laura** blow ups are never good. Did you have a better week? DH does this battered women's group meeting , these women are also instigators and their discussions sometimes are what not to say to avoid conflict....lol....so DH should know what to say to avoid conflict with me! Lol

Wendy** so what job are you giving up? You sound super busy these days! I remember the first time I went to this guys house! Lol. He wanted help learning about his bowflex. It seemed weird at first cause he took me to his basement. If we had lived in a big city, I would have been saying my prayers!

Diana** did you have the job interview yet? I hope you get the job! You deserve it. It would be such a huge stress relief for you. I won't bother finding a new trainer although I thought about it. I met the trainer through our work...who does not look like a trainer. To me, you kind of need to look the part - even though I'm sure she knows what she's talking about. I'll just check in with my other trainer and send her pics.

LL** are you feeling better? Nothing like the flu to fool everything up! I haven't heard much about 21 day fix. A friend of mine is a BB coach and I had to hide her on FB cause it was constantly in my newsfeed, she was driving me crazy. Lol

Tina** hey girl! Nice to meet you!!! I'm 35 , 36 in aug. I have 3 kids. 18,7,2. We just moved across the country for my husbands job and we are so far away from our family and friends. We are currently in the process of having our 2nd child diagnosed with whatever learning disability he has. And we are hoping that will take us closer home. Food journaling is so important. Time consuming buy important. Sometimes we don't realize how much we are eating.

This week I made an appt with the photographer and paid my down payment. Found out tanning , hair and make up are $400 the day off...lol. All I can really do now is laughs about it. So reg was $360, suit $300+, hair and stuff $400, photos $300, + food, gas, hotels and tickets for the family to watch that are $40 a pop. Oy! I still have to pay my trainer $150 for the last phase and that's not counting supplements. The good thing is anything I book I have I pay a deposit so it won't be so painful the day of and actually my plan is to have it all paid for before we leave. I also pick up the mail and go to the bank and work an I get paid .54 a km....which is probably a extra $200 a month. I'm not going to claim anymore expenses until July just before we go. That will be enough for hotel and gas. So it's not that bad! Need to order my suit this week though! Ok enough rambling!!!

Happy Saturday!! Enjoy your day!

Lori :)

Happy Saturday!!

Hi Ladies,

It's finally the weekend! I have a haircut/color apt this morning. Not sure what my workout will be for today. Perhaps the last BR w/o that I didn't do yesterday.:mad:

No interview yet, but I called and left a message with the HR person yesterday. When we spoke the previous week she said to expect a call or email scheduling a face to face interview. That never happened so I called her to let her know I was still very interested in the position. Hopefully something will come of it.

Jerod...on the last day possible....submitted his application for the school he wants to go to. UGH. It's possible he could be put on a waiting list because he took so long to apply. On the upside, I got all his announcements and party invitations mailed out!!!

Lori-since you are already thinking about the food for your trip you are also planning for it. I'm sure you will manage for the couple of days. I certainly hope you get the answers needed to help Rylan. For something you want to do and enjoy, the competition expenses are worth it. Think about how much money we spend on our kids activities etc. You are worth it. It shows your family the drive, dedication, preparation, sticking it out etc are all worth it. They should work hard for something they want. You are a great role model!

Tina-wow, 45 miles is a great ride! We did hills (bike) in class the other night, my quads were so sore yesterday. I'm supposed to ride with my training partner this weekend but I'm not sure when. Let me know when you want to do another round of STS, I'm up for it! This RT will be my 3rd. I did one in NJ where I got to meet Wendy:D and a couple others who are not checking in anymore. I also went to San Diego where I roomed with another gal who pops in on our check in from time to time. This time I guess I'll just have to room with another Cathlete or see if DH would like to take an extended vacation.

Wendy-your lunges and swings sound brutal. Perhaps you can make time for your w/o if you forgo the naps.:p It sounds like you have a long day ahead of you. Everyone needs a rest day...as you know!

Laura-hope this week was better than last weeks..for sure.

Hi Girls. :)

So I slept well last night and was able to get my arse up early enough this morning to get a work out in before Church!!!

X3 Eccentric Upper (good stuff!) and the first 3 days of the FB Burpee Challenge all crammed into one session - a set of 5, 10 and 15 burpees with short rests in between. No time for TAM but my arse and upper thighs are still on fiyah from the lunges and swings so I guess it's okay. ;)

Tmrw I will work out at the gym (I can do my FB Challenge 20 Burpees there plus whatever else looks good!) and I may do some TAM at home as well. Not sure yet.

Hi Girls!

We are on the way to the city, what a perfect time to check in :).

Yesterday I did most of x train spin, kids were causing havoc. When DH came home from work I went to the gym for legs and boy was I out numbered! There may have been 2 other girls on the cardio equipment. I was the only girl hanging with the boys. I put my earphones in - to me that means , don't talk to me. Lol. There were so many ppl there, I had to do chest while I was waiting for some of the leg equipment to free up. So I ran through cheat phase 2 and I'm sore today! This morning I did burn sets shoulders, bids and back, abs and a 20 mins run. Tomorrow is my rest day.

Diana** I hope you hear something regarding the interview. It always sucks when you get your hopes up! Your right, I am worth it. Lord knows we work hard enough, we deserve to spend on ourselves. I told DH that I didn't want anything for Mother's Day. I will order my figure suit and say that's for Mother's Day! Lol

Wendy** nice workout!

I'll check back in tomorrow and let you know how our appt went.

Lori :)

Hi ladies,

Well my DH's laziness rubbed off on me. I did nothing yesterday...really lazy...UGH. My training partner ended up canceling on me this morning. So I finally did the last day of the 21 Day BR bootcamp, S&H C&B (May rotation), and then TAM 11-20. TAM 11-20....seriously I wish she would describe what she is doing. It's so annoying. Perhaps alternating 1-10 and 11-20 until I get it down is an option worth considering. I'm going to try to do the May rotation mixed in with my other stuff.

My company is starting a bootcamp class at lunch this next week. It will be at lunch time on T/Th. I'm going to try it out and see what I think.

Lori-I was a little disappointed, but I understand the hiring process is a very long one. The job description is exactly what I'm doing now so I feel I'm a good candidate. Hope the apt goes well and you get some answers and a solid treatment plan.

Wendy-OMG, TAM 11-20 is like starting all over and having to re-learn. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but she sure doesn't make it easy. Nice job on the Burpee challenge. I prefer the Beachbody challenge, not that I've started it or anything.:eek:

bbl

OMG, what is TAM? I've done some searching, and all I've come up with is Tracy Anderson. I need to be on this band wagon! What am I missing out on? :eek:

We managed to get another bike ride in today. We've done 125 miles for the three day total. Tomorrow will be weight work only, and a very long stretch. DH took Thursday and Friday off, so food logging went out the window. I'll start back fresh tomorrow.

Diana, I hope you hear back from your interview soon. And you seriously needed a rest day. How many do you take a month? I try to take at least two rest days a month.

Lori, good luck with your appointment. I've been through that process with my DS when he was around the same age. Your training sounds amazing! :)

BBL.

Tina

Tina-TAM is Tracey Anderson Method. She offers an Omnicentric (what I'm doing), Abcentric (Wendy is doing this and Omni I think), and hipcentric. She has a test on her site to help you determine which program would be best for you. Although I'm hip/butt gal, the results recommended omnicentric for me. I purchased it at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon and $5 coupon. If you youtube it you can see the w/o's. My frustration is that she doesn't count or talk you through the movements, you just have to watch and figure them out as you go. Another long bike ride accomplished I see! I don't schedule rest days, they just end up being on days I have to go to work early...like tomorrow. I usually rest 1 day/week, sometimes it might be longer between rest days.

Sorry I've been MIA, I hadn't subbed to the thread yet and thought there weren't any new posts!!

I was able to do Low Impact Challenge all the way thru today! A good sweat but not overly intense. I was not able to do all the combos, just because I am not familiar enough with them.

I got a fair amount accomplished today aside from exercise, I made it to Kimberton Whole Foods and our local Seafood place, planned the meals for the week and got all the read library books into a spreadsheet. Now I just need to finish planning school for the week and work on the budget.

This week will will be tough to get school in. Tomorrow we have K's speech therapy, then home for an hour to practice piano, then off to piano auditions. Hopefully we can get some school work done in the afternoon. Tuesday is full with a doctor's appt in the morning an hour away and dentist in the afternoon. Wednesday they have music sharing at SALT and another dentist appt in the afternoon. Thankfully Thursday is stay at home day. Friday I'm hoping to get to the Homeschool Convention if I can find childcare. And then back again on Saturday. So it will be a light school week!

As for workouts, I have less than half of the workouts in the May rotation so I will have to come up with my own. I've lost a bit of weight using the 21 day container portion control diet program. But I had chocolate this weekend. So I may have gained some back. I will start back up again tomorrow. So workout plan? I think I'm going to do upper wts tomorrow unless I decide to do cardio to combat the chocolate :). I'm going to try to have 3 days of cardio this week, 1-2 upper body wts, 1-2 lower bodes wts/legs/barre and try 1-2 pilates and yoga. All will be Cathe except for the pilates. I may use the boring slow DVD I have or pick a few of Autumn Cabrese (21 day fix girl) on youtube. We'll see. It all depends on my energy and time!

Night!

Hi Ladies,

No morning w/o for this gal due to an early morning meeting. I thought I brought my stuff to run at lunch, no jog bra in my bag. That's a necessity IMO so I'll just have to do something tonight instead.

DOM's, serious dom's in the chest from slow/heavy yesterday. Tonight will either be a short run 3-4 miles, or DWP 40/20 per the May rotation and perhaps even TAM 11-20.

Amanda's younger sister posted a youtube video of this girl on FB. Dance Fitness With Jessica Well I really liked it and ordered the DVD. It's from Dance Fitness with Jessica. You can see some of her routines on youtube. My moves don't look like hers (yet), but they are fun.

I've been looking for airfare for the Daytona RT, OMG....$450 to over $600. It's a bit cheaper to fly into Orlando but need to investigate ground transportation costs to see which option is really cheaper. Either way, I'm going to have to save up for that expense. Oh, and I still need to tell DH about the RT.:eek:

LL-you sound so organized! Have you always home schooled? Do you follow your states curriculum? Why don't you plan chocolate into your meal plan. I have what I call (Di's daily dose of chocolate)! I allow for it in my WW plan, otherwise I will binge for sure.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Rmrmr, I sound and want to be more organized than I am.:) I have always homeschooled. I have to follow PA homeschool law, which is very strict, but I piece together my curr. I stick with some thing for as long as to works and change when I need to. My oldest takes writing and Spanish once a week taught by someone else. Next year he may take more once a week classes as my some of the other boys. I have been asked to teach a memory class to k-5th, but I'm a math girl, I don't know if I could do it. There s some math, but also grammar, geography, history, Latin, science and timeline. I will post the link if I get a chance to find it. But it could be a lot of fun too!

No wo in for me, to busy today and too tired. Tomorrow is another busy one so I don't know if I'll get it in. But I miss it when I don't do it.

I did eat better today. But I'm still craving chocolate. I don't know how I could add in my diet in a healthy way and in moderation. I don't even know what that could look like!

Last edited:
Today was STS M1D4. Tomorrow will be kickboxing and maybe a short bike ride with DH before dinner. I'll wait and see how nice the weather is. The wind this spring has been really wicked.

Diana, I watched the clip for Jessica's workout and it looks like fun. Please let me know what workout level it is after you've done it a few times. My DD would like that workout too. I might get it for her. ;) I should try a TA workout sometime. I'll see if Netflix has anything to rent first. And the whole exercise bra conundrum, yeah, I would have skipped working out too. I usually double up on mine, for added anti jiggle. I need to borrow a VCR from someone so I can go through the S&H series again. I remember having serious chest DOMS from that one.

LL, I live in NH and our HS laws were changed last year. We don't have to log hours or give the district any curriculum info. Just a signed piece of paper from a certified teacher at the end of the year is all they want. We don't follow any particular curriculum. I do love The Teaching Textbooks for math. The rest, I just try and buy the same text books the district is using. We'll spend most of next year studying for the GED. Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

I'll check back in the a.m. :)

Hi Ladies!:)

I have some nice DOMS today from yesterday's tube circuit. Makes me happy! :)

This morning's work out was Tracy Anderson's Perfect Design Series Level 2, lower body only. Yeowzas! Not only did it hit my legs and butt but also my obliques! No complaints on that one! :D I was supposed to do 20 burpees for my challenge but I forgot :rolleyes: so if I don't do them later I will do 2 days worth trmw morning which is 45 burpees!!! :eek:

Tmrw I hope to do the remainder of the Tracy video I started today...I didn't have time to finish it but I know I had at least abs and arms left to do. If I don't have 45 burpees to do, I will also hope to have time for some cardio conditioning as well!

So I think I've lost my mind but it's such a damn great bargain, I couldn't pass it up! :p I signed up for Cathe's video streaming! Now I am definitely selling all of her dvds that I have! I also need to get myself a cord that allows me to play the vids on my tv instead of just on my pc. I'm excited! This could get me back on Cathe bandwagon! :)

That's all for now.
BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Let me just I'm super sore today! Yesterday I did S&H bi's & tri's, then crossfit at lunch, and tri training last night. In crossfit we did 5 rounds of run around our building, 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 burpees. We have a couple muscle-heads (only lift weights, no cardio) who were dying. It was difficult with all the burpees. In tri training we did hill repeats (running) and swim intervals. My body is needing a rest today.:)

My laptop has another virus...UGH... I'm so sick of having to work on it. I'm using the desktop today. I'm wondering if it could be from all the job sites I'm visiting. I certainly hope not. This particular virus is from a fake adobe update.

Wendy-I keep looking at the video streaming. So you still have to plug your laptop into your TV to watch it? That's what I have to do with my Cathe Downloads. I wish she had a channel on youtube so I could just play them from my dvd player, that's how I do the bodyrock w/o's.

Tina-I need to spend more time on my bike. We only ride 1 day/week in tri training. I need to build up some endurance by doing some longer rides. So Dance Fitness with Jessica is really just dance routines. I did 2 of the routines on youtube, obviously it will take doing it over and over to get the routines down and really give it your all. I think your DD would be just fine doing these.

LL-I'm definitely a chocoholic myself. I use to eat chocolate chips by the handful out of the refrigerator. Now I buy the Ghiradelli 72% dark chocolate squares. 4 pieces=1 serving which is 7 points WW. That is a lot of points, but most times I only have 2 squares. For me, if I don't get my chocolate then I will binge. I account for chocolate in my daily points. I'm sure it's not healthy but it works for me. Elimination doesn't work for me, but limiting does.

Lori-any word from the specialist on Monday?

Laura-where are you missy?

bbl

Yesterday was Body Box, LL&A in the a.m. and a 25 mile ride in the p.m. I can really feel my legs today. This morning was M1D5 and No Equip. abs. We may try for another short ride tonight, as the weather looks iffy for the weekend. I'm not sure if I'll do STS legs tomorrow, as my quads are looking really bulky. This happens every spring, right before the weight starts dropping off. My jeans feels like sausage casing. :(

Diana, where would you suggest to start with a T A workout? She has so many. I really miss Collage's reviewing system. I can't wait until the site is back up. Nice job on your workouts yesterday! :) I wish we were more up to date with technology. We are using a 25 y.o. TV in our exercise room, so streaming Cathe workouts are impossible. I hope Cathe will still film to DVD in the near future.

BBL. I have mountains of laundry waiting.

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if I will w/o this morning or not. My triceps and hamstrings are super sore. With crossfit at lunch and tri training tonight I'm sure it's worth it anyway. If anything, it will be a cardio only morning.:p

Last weeks weigh in was -1.2, this week +.2. Still down overall. I was hoping last week was the beginning of some more weight loss.

Tina-Honestly, I'm not that familiar with TA. I'm loosely following her Metamorphosis (Omnicentric) program. Wendy may be able to offer some suggestions. Nice job on your w/o's. We are our own worst critics! Dance Fitness with Jessica should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think after giving a few routines a try.

Wendy-I'm not ready to jump on the streaming band wagon yet. My dvd's are paid for and $20/month forever...I just haven't made the leap yet. I'm seriously considering it though.

Lori-I saw the good news about Rylan on FB! So happy for you.

Laura-hope you are having a great week.

LL-you must be super busy with all the kids.

bbl

:)Good Morning Ladies:),

So y'day's work out was 45 Challenge Burpees, TA Perfect Design Series 2 abs and waist work and TA Precision Toning non weighted arms plus one tabata round of heavy swings and lunges. :D

This morning was 3 rounds x 10 reps per exercise of the following UB circuit:: DB row right, push ups, DB row left, shoulder press, then 30 Challenge Burpees, and TA Precision Toning Butt segment wearing ankle weights. YEOWZAS - Burpees seriously almost took me out! PUKE STATUS!!!!:eek:

BBL for personals!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.