Damage Control January!

Quick update here: did Burn Sets CBS yesterday and decided not to jump into piyo 1 w/ abs today and decided to rest. What is interesting, the rotation in workout manager had that one for yesterday, but the rotation in the user guide had XTrain CBS. Not that it really matter, I was looking forward to that one thinking it would make sense and I like that it used the ball. But I love Burn Sets...so no worries.

I am back into the 160s again! Just! down to 169.9! I will be curious to see what I am in the morning tomorrow. It will be one week that I've stopped the constant huge amounts of sweets. I have my meals/snacks planned for the week. Hopefully I can stick to it. I did have some hershey kisses tonight and had some dark chocolate last night. I will probably have some more dark chocolate while watching Black List. :)

Diana- your nutrition class sounds really neat!

Poochy- I'm so jealous that you got some painting in!! I'm trying to do some decorating/improving myself. We have been here 5.5 years now and my kitchen is still unfinished!! Well, there isn't a single room in the house that is finished at this point. :( My kitchen just needs a valance above the kitchen sink window, which after 2+ years I think I have finally found one I like! Less than $50 and my mom is willing to pay for it. She said a long time ago she would. It is painted, but needs touch ups badly. New blinds for the deck door (sun come in, in the evening) since the kids have pulled many of them off, we bought these last week. But they are not installed yet. I was giving a neat plaque from a friend for Christmas and I just need to hang it lower, I just stuck it up there where some other nails were. And one other wall needs something...I only have 3 rooms on the first floor that have paint that isn't the builder's quality white. (Kitchen, because when we moved in it was an awful peach, the dining room, because it was an awful two toned green and the powder room, it was a yucky brown. Ugh. So much to do, so little time! So many things broken in our house...oh, yeah, need a new kitchen sink because the faucet is leaking and Little K broke the soap dispenser.

OK, gotta rest!

Morning all. So nice to be off and able to catch up with you. Diana, I pray this work week is not too stressful for you. I know you're worried. LL, glad you're back in the 160's! One day/meal at a time, right! Missy, good job on Afterburn. I adore that workout. Tina were you inside this weekend? It snowed here and snowed again last night. PP sounds tough.

I took Sunday off-after work we took DS back to college. LL, I did Burn Sets on Sat. I didn't realize it was different from the published rotation. I'm just doing the one in the workout manager. As of today I still have DOMS in my chest. Since I'm off today and tomorrow I'm going to do X10 today-not just the cardio workout in the manager- I'll pick one with 3 sections. Then tomorrow I'll do Crossfire. Since I work Wed. I'll save PH 1 and Abs for then since it's shorter. It seems like a lot of HI for the next 3 days! I love how Cathe shocks our bodies in every rotation. I can't wait for yoga tonight. I signed up again for 4 weeks in Feb. already.

Beth

Saturday was LIHI Legs w/ DH. We liked this one better the second time around. We were both sore on Sunday. Yesterday we did XT Ride. That one is DH's favorite of the Cathe Spin workouts. Today is M1D4 and LIH#2. The temps are supposed to reach 32 today, so DS and I will get our two miles in. I'm really missing our walks, I can feel it in my middle sponge. Damn, I HATE winter!:mad:

Diana, I'm sorry you're on the watch list on your mammo. I went through that right before Christmas last year and understand how stressful that is, always in the back of your mind. Thankfully they're keeping a close eye on you. Between that and your job stress, I don't know how you keep up with your incredible workout schedule, you are amazing!

Missy, you are killing the workouts! I find AB to be one of Cathe's hardest workouts. Love that one! Congratulations on your new job, you are starting a whole new life and it's all positive! :) I have two teenagers, DD 19 and DS 17. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 25 years and live in the tundra, I mean, NH. I hear NC is in a cold snap too, welcome to what our 4+ month winter feels like.

Beth, I think we'll be stuck inside for a few more weeks. The roads here are nasty with ice and the temps are crazy low. Three sections of XT, yikes! The rotation you're doing sounds tough! Your yoga class sounds like fun. :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Happy Monday Ladies!!

Stress level for everyone here is quite high.

This morning I did Tabata Power from Max 30...and maxed out at 29 minutes. That's much better than the Cardio w/o the other where I maxed out 7:30.... and the first 5 minutes is the warmup!!! Got some work to do on this one. The Max Out time is when you need to take a break. You take your break and get right back to it. These short w/o's are great for weekday mornings.

Missy- way to go with AB! That is an awesome w/o. I would suggest just going at your own pace and not worrying about keeping up with Cathe. If you can do a full burpee...great. If not, you can step back, step in, and stand up as modification. Holding the plank and doing pushups will help you get stronger. You are doing great.

LL-Woo Hoo, so happy the weight is coming off! I've been eating too many carbs which explains why the weight is moving for me. Simply getting in the protein has made a huge difference in how I look though. We've been in our house for 16yrs and it needs some TLC too. Hoping DS2 moves out in a couple months and hope to replace the carpet. I've been purging a lot, just tons of stuff accumulated over the years with all the kids etc.

Beth-I bet it was bittersweet taking your son back to school. Spring break will be here before you know it. I had a hard time using the w/o manager because I always had to move the w/o's around to fit my schedule. Now I just log my workouts on the calendar after I do them. Have fun with X10!!

Tina-I still have one of the LIH to try. I did #2, but haven't tried #1 yet. I've done all the others. Since I missed legs last week I simply started with STS Disc 3 to get my leg work in. Then yesterday and I did disc 2, either tonight or tomorrow night will be disc 1. My trip is this weekend and I might have time to w/o before my flight on Saturday morning.

Hi Jacque & Laura!

Hey ladies ..

Weekend: well more painting .. did the rest of the doors and trim .. NOW the master bath and bedroom .. have nice new shiny doors and trim and the paint looks horrible .:eek:.. YUP .. you guessed it .. it was back to Lowes and I got more paint to do those two rooms .. UGH .. it is never ending .. once you start ... it just keeps on and on .. I did Cathe lower body circuit .. OK .. I am DONE w/the step .. it is for sure what hurts my knee .. I liked the workout .. but NOT the stepping .. my knee KILLED me .. soooooo when I do that one again .. will be making up my own PLYO stuff during the step part! it is weird .. the piyo does not bother me ... running does not bother me .. the step KILLS me .. so NO MORE for me! Last night was Max30 cardio challenge ... had a VERY STRESS filled day .. took out some fustrations in that workout for sure!

My friend had her surgery yesterday - took one breast .. and it went well .. the preliminary test were good .. now they gotta wait on the longer test results.. PRAYING it is going to be good also! she is up and ate this morning and made a lap around her floor .. sooooo sounds like she is doing good ..

DI - I have a fluid filled cyst on my breast also .. that they watch.. have had it for YEARS .. ... hoping it just stays where it is ... and it is nothing to worry about ..

LL - yes ... painting makes the house look so much nicer .. mine was in bad need of it .. i have to slobber dogs that make a mess of my walls!! lol . BUT it does seem that when you start .. it looks so good ... it makes the rest of the house look bad .. so you have to keep on improving on other things too .. this weekend I will be in master bath and master bedroom (dreading the furniture moving there .. ugh)

Tina ... our weather is finally easing up a bit .. although it is DREARY ... it is a bit warmer .. in the lower 50's and upper 30's at night now .. whew .. lot better than TEENS .. bbbbrrrrrrrr

Beth - i havent done crossfire in a while .. hhmmm .. i may have to do that one this weekend .. I am loving the shorter workouts during the week tho!

OK .. better run .. have a great day!

No wo for me yesterday, including get up and couldn't get it in during the day. I hope to today at around 3: plyo HiiT 1 plus abs 1 nice and short. CF on tap for tomorrow, I will have to get up at 5 for that long one and we have co op salt tomorrow morning and orthodontist in the afternoon.

Well, I went to my WW meeting last night. I'm up from my last weigh in but, I cheated and used the previous' weight last week because I know I was up. But I did lose 4.3 last week! I need to focus on that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

This morning was Sweat Intervals...it was tough. I think I maxed out in the 9 minute time frame. My max out time for Cardio Challenge was between 7-8 minutes...and the first five minutes was the warmup. The second workout was Tabata and I maxed out around 27 minutes, although I did have to modify a bit with the plyo pushups. Max out is simply when you need to take a break. You take your break and get back to it. I have a lot of improvement ahead of me. These short w/o's are awesome for weekday mornings.

Laura-have you considered just using the step without any risers? My house is in need of painting too. I don't mind painting the bedrooms and bathrooms, but we have vaulted ceilings and will have someone come in and paint the Kitchen, front room, family room, and hall....hopefully this summer. So I'm loving Max 30!!!! I may even order the additional ab w/o's. Do you have them? Glad your friend is doing okay after her surgery. Prayers for her and hugs for you.

LL-yep, focus on the positive...and keep up the good work!!

bbl

Hi all. I might have said I did STS 25 last night, chest and back. Nice workout, I felt worked out enough, but the rotation called for 25 minutes of Athletic training and I just knew it would not be good if I tried it.

Tonight I have STS Plyo Legs. I worked 8 hours today, first day on the job, and I think I'll put it off until tomorrow. I haven't worked 8 hours straight since 2005!

Son is better. I'm still coughing, but I feel ok.

Just working out the past month, I'm so much more body aware. I can feel my muscles as I move around and I can feel myself working them when I'm doing things like going upstairs or standing from a seating position. I still have that twing around my knee that I'm aware of.

Got In plyo 1 abs 1. I really like it, especially how short it is! I can't do all the tuck jumps except for the 10-10-10 fast I like those. I did something to my knee though on one of them and had to go a little easier, the burpees didn't hurt my knee at all they were just hard! I couldn't keep up!!

Diana, I'm excited to try the max 30 but I want to finish this rotation, I really like the mixing in of XTrain and CF and TTM.

Yesterday was KM and M1D6 legs. I have a new found love of KM, it should be called Ab/Leg Max. My hiney is all sorts of sore today. This morning is M1D5 B&T and tonight will be GS BSB. We did manage to set up our living room for yoga on Monday and the young dog loved it, he thought it was play time. It was so nice to be warm and the picture quality on the screen upstairs was shocking. Our 25 year old cabinet style TV we use in our basement doesn't do the workouts any justice. Crossing fingers it finally stops working soon so we're forced to get a new one.

Missy, what rotation are you following? It sounds like you have great focus, love hearing about your progress! How do you like the new job?

Laura, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope everything turns out okay. I had a nightmare time with my upstairs bathroom paint job. I've yet to fix it. Paint quality is a very real thing, it pays to buy the more expensive kind. I keep putting off fixing it because DH wants to upgrade the vanity and fixtures, but he's been talking about that for five years now. :/

Diana, I checked out the video clips of Max30 and it looks super tough. Sounds like the perfect system for your early workouts. You must be so excited to get away this weekend. I hope you have nice weather. :)

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi ladies,

This morning I opted M1D1-CSB. I was simply too tired to do Max 30. I didn't have time to finish STS this morning so will finish that up tonight and may even do the next Max 30. I think it's called Tabata Strength. I don't have the names down yet.

Missy-great job keeping up with your workouts. Isn't it amazing how much more aware we become when exercising. Hope the new job works out well for you. I'm sure that was a long day for you. I have a knee issue too, most of the time I can manage it. Running aggravates it the most and too many days of straight stepping does too.

LL-What is plyo abs 1? I don't think I know what that is. Are you doing the 30 day rotation?

Tina-it's amazing the picture quality difference on a newer TV. Is KM Kickmax? I never really enjoyed that w/o much. Sometimes I give up on them too easy. If I don't like it the first time around often times I don't give it another try. Max 30 is short but definitely not easy. I'm jealous of your workouts! I can only double up on the weekends....and won't be working out at all this weekend. It's supposed to rain all weekend, it's okay though since I will be spending time with my girls.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

I am doing an STS/Low Impact rotation posted by Cathe. I never used STS much and always wanted to do more, and, of course interested in newer titles, and Low Impact sounded good. Low Impact does not mean easy, ,as I'm sure everybody knows.

I have a cough lingering and I'm not sure whether or not to work out today. I don't want to lose momentum...the workouts I do, I modify so much, it's gentle(ish) as if any Cathe could be! I have the Low Impact Athletic Training that I was supposed to do yesterday and today a rest day....I have class at 6 pm.

Really having trouble with sugar. This is a big week with work, classes and tomorrow a court proceeding. I have a little headache.

I was TIRED this morning. I know it's silly, but I haven't worked at 8 hour day since 1995.

Hi all. I'm maxed out on HiiT! Monday I did X10-step, LI, and Cardio Blast. Tuesday I did Crossfire. I'm feeling my cold coming back-sore throat, sneezing, coughing. Even though I took off Sunday, I might take today off, too. I've been reading what everyone is up to! Max 30 sounds rough. The though of lifting weights makes me tired, too! You are all doing well on STS.

Missy, it sounds like you've got a big week with starting the job and all. Do something fun today for your workout!

Diana, still sending good job thoughts your way. Glad you have Max 30 for the stress! Have fun with those twins!

LL, how did Crossfire go today? It wasn't bad for me yesterday. Today though my butt is sore and my legs are tired!

Poochy, the year I turned 40 we started with the living room and put color to the walls-red no less. From there we ended up doing our whole house inside. It was so nice to get away from off white everywhere! I turn 50 in a few months...My DH is already worried what changes I'll want to implement. (I also grew my hair really long when I turned 40 so who knows!)

Tina, glad you got to do yoga in high def! I may just go do that now to stretch out my legs.

Stay warm,

Beth

Beth- no wo in today! I went to bed at midnight and the latest I could sleep in was 6:30! I was hoping to get in CF after the kids' orthodontics appts but, then they wanted to ER haircuts and then we went to the library. Only to come home to make dinner and relax a little after playing some games with Little K, Make and Brake while Hubby played Castle Keep with B and CDawg. I'm really tired! So I will prep for my class tomorrow, do a little school Oreo for tomorrow (GHS co op thru lunch) and then we only have the afternoon for schoolwork. I hope to get a wo in then, but it doesn't typically happen. I say I will wo at 3 or something like that but stuff gets in the way. I'm also in a bit of a funk today, had some chocolate bread army women's Bible study and took a bunch of dark chocolate Hershey's kisses with me. Then after dinner, which included whole wheat pasta, I had two pieces of whole wheat cin. Raisin bread with butter. And a song came on the radio while I was out that reminded me of our cat that we had for 14 years but had to put down due to tongue cancer 3 yrs ago and it made me cry.I'm such a sap! I want a dog so bad!! I can't handle a dog right now! We have too much going on, but I love dogs and miss having one. Ok I need to prep for my class. So hopefully I'll get to CF tomorrow, but part of me wants to try the first of the max 30 workouts! But I also want to finish this rotation.......

Morning Ladies ..

it is STILL dreary wet weather here - still cold - but not frigid like it has been! I have not seen the sun in so long .. where are you sunshine??? I am in need of some vitamin D bad!! :cool:

I did Pi-Yo Core last night - I have not done it since Max30 and Cathe new ones arrived .. HOLY cow - I forgot how hard it is .. my arms were shaking so bad .. just holding up my dang body ... I need to work on strength I guess .. but I am doing pretty much same weight as Cathe in her new ones .. think it is just holding my body up - body weight stuff that is my weakness!! I will be doing Pi-yo at least a couple times a week for sure!!

Beth - LOL .. re: changes at 40 and now 50! I am 48 (think it is my life I want to get back in order) .. and my house was in BAD need of painting - my walls were all an off white .. yes .. now they have color - I went with "dustbunny" as the color for the main part of the house .. it is really a pretty creamy sand color! white trim .. the master bath I am going to do in a "dessert petal" a creamy light pinkish color .. and the master bedroom going with "winter morning" .. a VERY lite color w/a light blue hue! Hope it turns out ok .. and hope the pinkish color isnt TOO PINK!! ugh .. yes and quality paint is the key - I am using Valspar primer and paint in one ..

Di - I am LOVING my Max30 .. great workouts .. and yes you have to BE IN IT to get it done!! I really like the way he set these workouts up .. and the time is perfect for me!! My friend is now at home doing ok - of course sore and tired - the preliminary test were good - now they are waiting for the pathology reports .. praying for good news there too!!!

LL - busy busy - I dont know what I would do without my furbabies! they keep me sane!!

Missy - feel bettter!!

Tina - LOl about the young dog and yoga .. when I do ABS or yoga my big dog thinks it is an invitation to come sit down on the mat or ME .. I was doing Cathe abs Saturday - the one where you are on your side butt and lift leg straight up to your hand - well Brutus thought that was perfect time to come plop his big butt right down on top of my abs!! try doing those w/a 135 pound dog sitting on your abs :p . . LOL .. i need to set up a camera and film him .. FUNNY SILLY dog!!

OK ... better run .. not sure what is on tap today ... prby Max30 tabata .. I have DOMS in shoulders from pi-yo ..

Hi Ladies,

No w/o to report. I'm super stressed. They started notifying folks yesterday if they lost their job. By dept, they called them all into a conference room, had them sign papers...gave them a box and 30 minutes to clear out their desks. Then their director/manager escorted them out of the building. I will find out today whether I'm staying or being terminated. UGH... Either way, I'm applying for another job with another company tonight. I saw the posting yesterday but didn't have time to get my resume submitted.

Missy-hope you feel better soon. Working all day will take some getting used to, give yourself time. What kind of class do you have? I hear you on the sugar front.

Beth-X10 is awesome. I think the cardio blast is my favorite segment. I'll be 50 this year too, you are not alone! :) The best thing about Max 30 is that it is only 30 minutes! Trust me, I'm so happy when the 30 minutes is up! I'm so excited for this trip! It's a surprise, the girls don't know we are coming.

LL-busy busy with the kids. Some days you just have to go with the flow.

Laura-Glad you friend is home recovering. We are finally seeing some warmer temps, hopefully it will melt all the snow. Agreed, Max 30 is awesome!! I still have the strength disc and recovery disc to try for the month 1 w/o's.

Hi Tina & Jacque...bbl

Diana, I hope you can find another job easily if thats what you want or I hope you stay where you are!! I don't doubt that you are stressed!!

No wo in yet, I am hoping after I finish math with CDawg, before dinner or it won't happen. Great class today! I moved quickly thru the new memory work and had time to do a review game where they would roll a tennis ball on the floor to decide which subject they would review on, the subjects were: geography, math, timeline, history, scripture, science. It was fun, we only had time for everyone to go once. There are 15 5-10 year olds in my class, but CDawg and B are 10 and 8. They are the oldest ones in the class. There is at least one other 8yo in there. They are rowdy! But fun.

DId CF and wow was that tough! I've done pieces of it but never the whole thing! I was ready to quit after the first 2 tabatas. I don't think I'm going to do well with max30 I like Cathe's breaks too much!!. Not sure what's on tap for tomorrow I think it's either one of the LIHI or circuit upper body.

TGIF Ladies ..

and long weekend for me .. Monday is holiday - MLK day. I need a day off!! ystdy - I did max30 tabata - wow - i love that workout - I was sore from Pi-yo .. my shoulders and could tell it too!! I have some slight DOMS in my chest and shoulders today as well. Well - last night more stress - ugh - I will be so glad for this storm to pass - I am hanging in but it is taking it's toll - on my health - marriage - and sanity! ugh .. today is total rest day - after all the talking last night I am exhausted - going to visit my friend after work - for a bit - just to check on her - her Church family has pretty much taken care of all their meals and have been visiting .. I know she is worn out - so I will keep the visit short and sweet!

Di - OH NO :(- I can not imagine - yes I know you are stressed out - do let us know - will be hoping for the best for you - you just moved to this company right .. a couple months ago??? oh man .. this economy is taking it's toll on everyone!! {{{ hugs }}}

LL - so do you HS other kids too or just yours?? I would be pulling my hair out .. LOL .. kudos to you!!

hello to all that follow ..

this weekend I have more painting to do - I think I may try CF tmrw - have not done it in a while -

have a great one! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.