Damage Control 2019

How are you? I've been thinking about you.

I revamped my schedule yet again. Now I get up at 6:45 every morning. I do Upper body Sat, Lower Body Sun, cardio Mon, Upper Tues, rest Wed, Lower Thur., Cardio Fri. I'm working out after work again. It's too complicated with showers with DS1 home and needing the bathroom before he leaves for work. So far this week, I walked to and from work Monday and did HiiT Circuit upper body from RWH minus the blasts today + my PT core. I need to do them more and hope to do them Tuesday, Thursday, and one day on the weekend. Tomorrow is off...I'm looking forward to it way too much! Liverpool is on at 4 and I am flexing off work at 3. I might walk to work tomorrow just to get some steps in...we'll see how cold it it. I counted the walk to and from Monday as cardio-I'm getting pretty lax about my workouts!

How is your knee feeling? Are you doing PT?

Beth

I went to the Dr. for my knee on Friday and had my first PT session today. The Dr. and PT both think it is a meniscus injury. Some of the exercises are seated straight leg lifts, side leg lifts, glute lifts, and some stretching work. She said I can continue with UB weights as long as I'm seated, taking any extra weight off my knee. I can also do low impact cardio and use my elliptical as long as it doesn't cause any pain. The PT is thinking 4-6 weeks for the soft tissue to heal. If it doesn't get better, then they will do an MRI. If it is a tear and doesn't heal with PT, then surgery is the next step. I don't think it is that bad though. I walked yesterday and today during lunch. We are supposed to have a Blizzard tomorrow and it remain cold the rest of the week.

How is your Dad doing? I think your w/o schedule looks great, not lax at all. Walking to work is definitely exercise!

It's been a busy week. We had a blizzard come through on Wednesday. It was called a bomb cyclone. Winds up to 80 miles per hour, closed the airport, schools, malls. etc. It's been a hectic work week. My department is going through a re-org and I was just informed who my new manager is. We will be getting more information next week. They are officially moving me to a new role (system administrator) 50% of the time. I will be getting on the job training. :) I've been asking to for this for 2 years. Hope I'm not getting myself in over my head. My knee is feeling a bit better, but still not quite right. I can still exercise and that is good, just modifying so I don't injure my self any further. I was down 2.4lbs at my weigh in this morning. I have no idea how that happened. On my home scale I was down 2lbs this morning from my weight yesterday morning. I'll take it. Oh, we are getting our 2 custom stairs made. They are installed and stained, today they will touch up anything needed and polyurethane them. They look so much better. I have to work from 9pm to whenever for system patching.

How was your week? Do you have any weekend plans?

I had a good week. I walked to work Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday I did an upper body workout and core. Wednesday ended up being my rest day. Work is going pretty good. We were up until 1:30 AM last night as DS2 broke up with his girlfriend (again). On the plus side we're planning a trip out there at the end of June.

I can't believe you had a blizzard! It's been pretty decent here lately. A little muddy, but warmer. I hope you like your new job challenges!

DH tore his meniscus and got it shaved. He's not had any trouble with it, but does no impact (swims, bikes, weights, walks). He gave up tennis. It was easy surgery and he was back working out maybe two weeks later.

What are you doing this weekend? We have to go to the Fingerlakes to pick up a shipment of wine. So, we're making a day of it and going to dinner at a Thai restaurant and do a little shopping. Sunday will be meal prep, wash and cards.

Are you sleeping in when you can? I get so torn about it-want to, but then know I should get up the same time every day.

Beth

I had to work until 12:30am on Friday night...i guess Sat. morning. I was dragging all day Saturday. Today I tried to work out, but it was all abs and not what I needed to get moving. I switched to another working but honestly I just wasn't feeling it. I did put in an hour of effort at least. My Aunt called from Wyoming Friday night to let me know they flight for life'd my cousins daughter her for treatment of acute Luekemia. I went down to the hospital to see her today. I also did laundry and went for a walk this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be up for working out in the morning. I've already selected a workout with more cardio in it. I was off my game last week but will get back to RWH weights this week.

How was your weekend?

I had another PT appt this morning and got more exercises to do. One of them is balancing on one foot for 30 seconds at a time, and the other is stability ball 1/4 squat holds. I'm feeling old with all these injuries. The weather is nice this week so I will try to get out and walk. I was able to get in a 50 min walk yesterday.

What are you up to?

I've have been fighting fatigue and stress. I'm getting some headaches and I think it's because of all the things I'm trying to get done.

My workouts haven't been too bad. I'm focusing on doing weights four times a week and just walking when I can. Sat. I did Legs and Glutes, Sun. I did the Upper Body premix from High Reps-and added the back segment in. Monday I walked back and forth to work. Tues. I did Legs and Glutes again. I was hoping to do High Reps again tonight (upper with back), but if I still have this headache, I might just rest or take a walk after work. It's supposed to start raining here tomorrow.

Hope the PT helps, but you won't know for sure until you get the MRI to see if your meniscus is torn. At least you are working towards recovery and will have lots of time to work out this summer!

Beth

How is your week? I ended up taking Wed. off and did Hard Strikes Thursday (with modifications for jumping). Even with the mods I still feel like it hurt my back a bit (which means more stretching). It felt good though while I was doing it! I might do some of the 100 rep challenges from x train just to mix it up some. We'll see!

What does your weekend look like? For me, I have a party on Saturday night-a murder/mystery dinner at a local restaurant-in a costume from the roaring 20's. I think my mom has had more fun finding me an outfit than I have! I'll text you my pic. It should be fun. It's with people from work.

Speaking of which, it's Friday and I need to head out! Hope you're doing ok.

Beth

Weekend is over :(. I had a great time Saturday night!

Workout wise I pulled out Fit Split this weekend and did leg weights and abs Sat, and Push on Sunday. Short and sweet. I miss Shred Cardio...but watched it today and it's too much impact...Sucks getting old. I'm in my dressy yoga pants...playing cards tonight.

My brother in law is in the hospital with cardiac issues. He had surgery Sat. morning and is still on a vent. We've been to the hospital a lot this weekend (it's an hour away). So I've gotten no food prep done and barely gotten my wash done.

What are you up to?!

Beth

The weekend flew by. I went to visit my cousin in the hospital again. She is undergoing some kind of arsenic treatment and was pretty drained when I was there. I went to my sisters Saturday afternoon for my BIL's 50th bday party. It was fun. Saturday was also DS1's birthday but he had to work. We are taking the all the kids and my mother in law to dinner at Elway's next Sunday. It's so hard to get all the kids together, someone is always working. I'm trying to get in a workout most days, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. My work schedule is really hectic with the new role. I have PT on Tuesday morning and WW on Friday morning, so can't w/o those mornings. If it's nice outside, I try to walk. I did get in a 75 min walk today. I want my knee better so I can get back to my regularly scheduled workouts. I'm considering doing another 21 day cleanse. It would end on Easter, I may have to end 1 day early. Are you interested in joining me?

I loved the pic! Sounds like it was a lovely time! Cardio Shred is pretty easy to make low impact, I might actually give that one a try, but just use the mat and no step. How is your dad doing? He is better now? I hope your brother in law gets better soon.

I would be up for a cleanse. I would probably do a whole30 one though...there's just not as much thinking about what to eat for it for me. When do you want to start? April 1? Let me know. I'm having to really restrict my eating in order to maintain.

After work last night I did Fit Split just pull-40 minutes and felt just right! Monday I walked to work. It's only 21 degrees now today, or I'd walk; but that is too cold. Today I'm late nurse so work until 5:30. We'll see if I feel like working out when I get home.

Keep doing your PT and getting the knee stronger. I'm rooting for you!

Beth

My job has been really hectic this week. All these early meetings really throw off my day. Next week, I'm going to try getting up a half hour earlier so I can get in my morning workout. The folks I'm working with are on the East Coast. When they have a 9am meeting, it's only 7 for me. So far this week I've only walked 60 to 75 minutes each day at lunch, and doing my PT. I think I'm going to change my WW to online only. That will free up another weekday to workout. I haven't made much progress with WW and menopause weight gain is in full force. I also have to restrict more than I like. I'm sure that will be the new norm, but getting there is not easy for me. I'm exhausted by the end of the day and do not have any energy to workout. I'm thinking of starting on April 1st. Does that work for you? I'm going to stick with the 21 day vegan cleanse.

DH has an interview next week and just received notification that his resume was received on another application. He's also applying to another job too. Hopefully something will come through soon.

Walking to work is not enjoyable when it is that cold. It's nice that it stays light later now though. Soon it will be time for yard work.

I am going to do a vegan 21 days-no dairy or grains-just beans and veggies and probably eggs...and fish...lol! Maybe just a no junk/crap 21 days...

Great news on Dave's job search! You can't get a job unless you apply so the more the better. Mine is going ok. I'm terrible at baby shots and need more training. I lost a lot of sleep last night after yesterday's shots. I talked to my supervisor though and feel better. I'm a perfectionist and there's a lot to all the shots that I just don't have yet. I more or less demanded more training. Besides that it's going well and I like the job.

I am finding that my stamina is not what it used to be. 5 days of working out is all I can do. And I'm counting a walk to work as a workout for goodness sakes! Oh well...be happy I can walk...have a job...etc. I did the cardio portion on Wed. night of Fit Split Boxing (with mods for the jumps). Thursday night we went to see my brother-in-law. He's still in ICU. Dan has been going every day and is not back yet to give my today's report.

Glad it's Friday! Soccer is back this weekend after an international break. Go Liverpool!

Beth

I worked out Fri, Sat and Sunday. It was wonderful! This morning I did Cathe's Athletic Step and my knee held up just fine. It only used one riser and that seemed to be okay. I'm thinking of doing Cardio Leg Blast and abs tonight. I think tomorrow is my last PT appt. I'm hoping to get more information from the therapist too so I can keep improving and not re-injure my knee. We had a wonderful family dinner at a very expensive restaurant last night. I had a salad, salmon and a bit of brussel sprout hash. That was all good but then I ate some of DH's french fries...ugh. I also had a bit of creme brule that was delicious. I don't know why I decided to weigh this morning, but I haven't seen this weight in years. This weight gain is out of control. I didn't have time to get the foods for the cleanse so will probably start that next week.

How was your weekend?

I think things are finally starting to slow down! My brother in law is moving to a nursing home for rehab-and we live literally next door to the place. It will be so much easier to visit him now that he's not an hour away. Work is going pretty good-baby shots are still challenging.

Workout wise I am shooting for 5 times a week now. So this is what I did:

Sat.: lower weights and cardio (did LIC lower body circuit and therapy abs)
Sun: upper body with weights (did Athletic training from LIS-Upper body blast)
Mon: cardio (did ICE kickbox) Might just count walking to work if it gets nice enough again to do this.
Tues: rest
Wed: Lower body weights-short workout (did Leaner legs and abs)
Thurs: Upper body weight workout (40 minutes or so)
Fri: rest-maybe walk to and from work if it's nice

I'm weighing the most ever now too if it makes you feel any better. But I'm not as stressed as I was at my other job, which is maybe worth it?!

Life is too darn short not to have creme brule!

Beth

Work is very busy! I'm learning a lot in my new role of server admin. My time is being split, 50% to the new role (while being trained) and 50% to my current role. Learning this new role will open a lot of doors for me as well as keep my mind engaged. I've been reading about the Galveston diet, it's a blend of intermittent fasting, anti-inflammatory foods, and high healthy fats. It was developed by a female dr. who was also dealing with menopausal weight gain. I'm reading all the materials now. She provides a meal plan, shopping list etc. Weight watchers just isn't working for me and I'm so frustrated. I've paid for this month but will be cancelling. I've been getting in a workout each day. Yesterday I did X10-53 min premix and walked at lunch. The weather is so nice, I'll probably walk today at lunch too. Walking makes my knee feel better. Some days it feels better and sometimes it just plain hurts.

Great job with your workouts. Baby shots sound horrible. That's great that your BIL has moved to re-hab. How long will he be there?

I've been busy this weekend. I've been reading up on the Galveston diet. It's a combination of intermittent fasting, keto, and anti-inflammatory foods. I'm going to follow for at least a month. Keto is a complete mind-shift for me. This particular plan has you get your fat from avocado's, nuts, seeds, and oils and occasional butter and nitrate free bacon.

I went to see my cousins daughter yesterday. She was having a good day so we got to visit for almost 3 hours. Her hair started falling out so she had the nurses shave her head. I just feel so bad for her. After this first 28 day treatment she will be able to go home and rest. Then in 5 weeks she will have to start another round of outpatient treatment that she should be able to receive in Wyoming. It will be so much nicer for her to have friends and family around.

How was your weekend?

Busy...my brother in law moved into rehab and we helped him settle in while taking take of his house. Dan has eye surgery again tomorrow morning so he's a little stressed. I guess this is what middle age is all about-taking care of those older and younger than us.

I hope your cousin's daughter is doing ok. It sounds like she's going through a lot.

Galveston sounds interesting. I will be interested to hear how you like it and if you lose any weight. I think these last two pounds I've gained are here to stay. I stopped taking a medication that makes you hungry because I have been so hungry lately! We'll see if it helps. It's for nerves so if my foot starts hurting I'll have to deliberate.

I really want to clean my house next weekend. DH is good, but he just does the basics. I want to open up the windows and really clean. I did a baby shot today and it went ok. I shot at a time!

This weekend I did Crossfire and To the Max lower impact premixes. It's what I felt like doing. I walked to work and back home today (about 45 minutes total). What are you up to?

Beth

The body rock lives have really kicked it up and my body needed a rest day. I tried to do a 75 min w/o on Sun. but had to stop after the first section, at 45 min. Yesterday was meeting Monday, so I pretty much sit all day. I did get out for an hour walk in the evening.

I'm not sure what to do about my knee, some days it's feeling better and other days it hurts. It even hurts if I'm just standing and lean one way or the other sometimes. I can't run or do butt kicks, but high knees or jacks don't seem to bother it. Stepping is a maybe, with just the stop or one riser. Not tempting it right now. I wish they would just do an MRI so we could know exactly what is wrong. The PT helps but if I just step wrong it is tweaked again and takes several days to feel better.

We finally got a new light for over the table to replace the gold one. DH & DS2 tried to install it but it has short in it. We are returning and getting another one just like it. They spent hours on it.

I'm only on day 3 of the Galveston diet and am down 2.6lbs. I'm fasting from 7pm to 11am as that works best for me. That leaves 16 to get to goal. If I lost 6 more pounds I'd be where I was last summer. The meals are quick and easy to make and that makes it very easy to follow.

ttyl

Galveston sound good! I walked back and forth to work Monday and Tuesday. Tonight I did Power Hour for a total body workout. Thursday I'm off. Friday...we'll see. I really like just going with how I feel.

Not much going on. Did two different children's shots today...made it through.

Hope you're having a good week!
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.