Damage Control 2019

I'm up early today. My head was so stuffed up I just decided to get up. My polar died and I ordered a new one. I'm going to try to set it up so I can use it for my workout(s) today. Yesterday I did a BR w/o in the morning and STS D3-Legs at lunch. Not sure what I will be doing today. I may just use my elliptical for cardio and then pick a weight w/o for later. I'm considering doing GS this week and then start STS week 2. STS is very monotonous and I've done it so many times. This time I'm thinking if I insert other weight workouts in between it will break up the monotony.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You just started a new job with a new schedule, there is a lot going on. It sounds like you are trying to do too much. Be proud of things you are doing. Maybe you just need a mental break. Take some time to just relax and reflect. I would love to spend some time together in real life and enjoy a cup of tea...or wine!

Thanks, I feel so much better just letting go of some of the "goals". I felt like working out this morning, so did PHA. It was fun. I was done by 6:30, so I tacked on 8 minutes of the ab workout. I'm just taking it day by day now. I might just work out 5 days a week and take off Tuesdays and Thursdays. I only sleep halfway decent every other night anyway.

Off to read "The Lakehouse" for book club. It's a mystery. How is your knee feeling? GS is good-last time I did it I just did short premixes.

Beth

This morning was tough BR w/o. Then I walked to the credit union at lunch to deposit my ebates check! It was finally nice enough to walk outside. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow to. I see another walk in my future. I'm looking forward to a tax refund this year-WOOT!! We knew we would be getting a refund as we used the tax calculator and withheld more money. I never adjusted the additional withholding when DH stopped working.

Glad you are feeling better. You can only do so much. Life is too short to stress the small the stuff. I'm just focusing on more weight training. It's really hard for me to cut back on cardio, but I'm working on it. :)

I took Thursday off. Today I did X10-Doublle Low Impact premix. It was tough because I have not been doing much cardio either. I'm feeling good now though and ready for the weekend!

We should do our taxes. Nice you can get some sun! Saturday we're going to Trader Joe's and out for a late lunch/early dinner. Do you have any fun plans this weekend?

Beth

Yesterday I did a short BR w/o in the morning and walked at lunch. I had to work from 8 to midnight last and am dragging this morning. I did run over to WW to weigh in but did not stay for the meeting. I just can't seem to get the scale to move. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I just purchased a neoprene w/o outfit and wore it yesterday for my morning w/o. I didn't think about it, but I could've worn it walking. It would be easy to throw on a pair of gym shorts and t-shirt over it and no one would ever know.

Later today I'm meeting up with some friends and we are going to TopGolf. I've never been but it should be fun. Tomorrow I should be able to go look at some houses with my little sister. Wish I could get DH on board. I would also like to find out what we can afford on just my income. Probably much smaller of home and definitely not new. I'm okay with something older as long as it has a good floor plan and we can upgrade over time.

Enjoy the weekend!

Yikes, working 8-mindnight on the weekend...we've changed places, I think! I am also sleeping terribly lately. Why is it so elusive?

Yesterday I did BC circuit from Strong and Sweaty with out the cardio. Today I was up at 5 for my LAST training trip and hour away. It was so boring. When I got home I did SSUB from LITE with the abs. I liked it! I think I'll do LITE for a few weeks now and see how it goes. I like S&S series.

How did the house looking go? You are so lucky to have a little sister!

Beth

No workout today. Had a little bit of a stressful day at work. It's hard remembering everything! I'm pleasantly sore in my upper body and abs. Tomorrow morning I'm going to do Revved up Rumble to see if I like it any better!

How are you? I'm having a glass of red wine right now...but it's 5 here...you're probably still working in Denver!

Beth

I'm not sleeping very well an it's impacting my workouts. My work schedule is all over the place which isn't helping. Yesterday was a short BR w/o in the morning, and SS Lower Body Blast premix at lunch. At least I got something in. My knee is still bad and limits what I can do. I hate getting old. My neck/shoulder has been really bothering me and I was finally able to get in for a massage last night. It's a bit sore this morning, but I'm not in pain. My sister and I never got to go look at houses. Her nephew overdosed and is in the ICU. He's only 17. He's doing better now but it is just so sad.

Glad the training is behind you. Don't stress about not remembering everything, it will all come together soon. Great job with your workouts! I too have been enjoying a glass of red wine on Friday and Saturday nights. Cheers!

I had a follow up Dr. appt today and they are increasing the strength of the patch for me. I'm on the lowest dose and its taking the edge off, but not much else. I'm still not sleeping though and the Dr. recommended Kavinace, a natural sleep aid. I just ordered that this morning. My weight is still not going down and she reminded me that sleep impacts everything. Hopefully once I start sleeping, the weight will come off as long as I continue with healthy eating and exercise. I took today off and was hoping to run some errands. It's cold and snowy today so the errands may have to wait until tomorrow. Oh, DH is finally applying for a job! It's Sat-Wed 4pm to 12:30am. It's not ideal, but at least he is putting in an application which makes me happy.

How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

According to my fitbit I am averaging 5.5 hours of sleep a night for the past 3 weeks. Last night I got 6.5. The difference was I put on my summer pajamas. So I'm hoping that helps. It can't hurt. I'm going to look into that Kavinace.

I'm still on a roll with LITE. Yesterday I did Cardio Party with my boxing gloves on. I liked the workout so much more with the gloves on-sweated and felt like I got a good workout in. Today I'm going to do Strong Stacked Lower Body. Tomorrow will probably be the upper body one. This past week I again dropped Tuesday and Thursday from working out, so I got 5 days in. It seems to be working. There's something mentally uplifting to me that after I work out Monday morning, I don't "have" to work out again until Wednesday. I can not wait for warmer weather to be able to take more walks. There are only so many steps I can get in the house!

This morning my weight was finally at a good spot. It seems like weekends I eat too much and then it takes all week to get it back down. I need to work on that this weekend to keep it in check.

We are going to the movies this weekend! Last night we saw Bohemian Rhapsody. Today is The Favourite. Our local theater has an Oscar week so next week is A Star is Born and Black Panther. If we weren't playing cards we would see one Sunday night, but time with my family is too important. (Did I mention my brother is now in the mix! We're playing Euchre) I'm trying to get DS1 to join. I've got to get him out of his room when he's not at work.

DS2 turned 23 yesterday. Didn't one of yours also have a birthday?

Have a good weekend. Do you drink a "sleep" tea before bed?

Beth

Went to bed at 8 last night to try to get more sleep! Before work I did Rev'd Up Rumble with boxing gloves. Today is rest day, but I'm hoping to do my therapy core work tonight. I've been trying to do core while I'm watching TV-makes the time go faster. On the plus side, I'm enjoying my job and look forward to going to work makes life so much better.

What are you up to?

Beth

I ran errands on the weekend. Finally took the books to the buy back store and returned some electronics to Best Buy. Things I've been waiting for DH to do. If I want something done, I have to do it myself. It's a little frustrating. DH patched a leak in the front living room, well it's leaking again. He's supposed to call someone to take a look at the roof. He's just really slacking lately and it's getting to me. It doesn't help that he's sick right now too. As far as workouts, I have 10 days of no workouts this month. 4 days for my trip to Oregon and other days due to work schedule or not sleeping. I've been doing more weight work with some cardio thrown in. I've been doing RWH weights the last few days. I go heavier than Cathe on Chest, Back, and some Triceps. It's supposed to be nice today so I may get out at lunch and walk. My weight is still up though and it is very frustrating to say the least. Yes, my youngest also turned 23 on Thursday.

I don't know how you can function on 5.5 hours of sleep. I really need 8 hours and getting 5-6.5 is really hurting me. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend.

This morning I did BR w/o this morning and RWH CST this afternoon. I'm loosely trying to IF. Eating between 10am and 6pm. This works pretty well, sometimes I don't get dinner until 6:30. Something has to get the scale moving in the right direction. Doing double workouts is not a long term solution. My body won't be able to this forever. Not sure if I mentioned I got my new higher dose of the patch and so far so good. I'm staying on track with WW and it is very frustrating. I think between the hot flashes, not sleeping, weight gain, I am in a funk. I want to enjoy life, and it's just not enjoyable right now.

Glad you are loving working out 5 days/week. I have a great relationship with my Dr. They always leave enough time for questions, and truly seem concerned about my well being. I haven't even opened LITE yet.

I went to my WW meeting yesterday morning and was down .8. I am so happy about this. After weeks of either staying the same or gaining, this is a huge victory for me. I drank 96 oz to 128 oz of water each day. I worked out each morning and afternoon. Two of the afternoon workouts were just walking since the weather was nice. I tracked every thing I ate. We are getting up to 8" of snow this weekend. It's already snowing and so cold out. March is usually our snowiest month.

What are you up to this weekend?

I had to work Sat. 8-12 then came home and worked out, made waffles, and did my wash. I the last month I've managed to lose a pair of work pants and a sock. What is happening?! Did Leaner Legs yesterday and Pyramid pump upper body and abs 1 today. Just not feeling cardio right now.

Good job with the weight loss! Sounds like a good plan. I'm maintaining, but feeling kind of flabby in the abs. My weight is probably shifting. Grr...

We're due snow Sunday into Monday...playing cards Sunday night and just watching soccer (3 games on tomorrow). I'm pretty tired all the time so just feel like resting. DH and I are not in the best place. He wants to keep buying stuff for the house and I want to fix the house up.

On the plus side we turn the clocks ahead next Sunday!

Beth

Wow, I can't believe it is already Wednesday. I've been working out everyday, but my weight is up again. It is so frustrating. Today I'm going to give To The Max a whirl. My knee still isn't right but I'm really wanting to do this w/o. This afternoon I will either walk if it's nice enough or do RWH CST. I'm sticking with RWH weights for the month of March. For April, I'm thinking of GS and Xtrain weights.

How is your week going?

Going good here. Took a walk today in 28 degree weather. Cold, but nice to be outside! Tomorrow is Friday already. I'm thinking a circuit workout in the morning. Wed. morning I did a premix of Afterburn-one time through the ten intervals. It felt good...took about a half an hour and I'm considering it a nice, short HiiT workout. Maybe I'll do a premix of Athletic training tomorrow-see how I feel. Weekends I like doing weights-one heavier upper and lower. This new job is killing my workouts-I just don't have time anymore during the week. I've stopped coming home for lunch, too. It's just adding to my stress trying to get out quickly. I just don't need any more stress! Gave a "baby" shot today. The mother was crying...it was awful. It's for their own good, but I wish we could just do away with shots-why not make them all liquid?

Loving the new job, though. The people I work with are great. Got my hair cut tonight and it's above my shoulders! It's very curly and I was ready for a change. So far I'm loving it...but it's only been an hour. Found out today that I'm not allowed to take time off without pay, so it's going to be a while until we can go to California. I'm missing Aaron and Riley...

Did I tell you I got a Kindle? I got my first book for it and it's great for reading before bed. I hope it doesn't add to my not sleeping issue.

What do you have planned for the weekend? We're playing cards Friday and Sunday night. Soccer is on Sat. and Sun. mornings. Other than that it's wash, cook, and maybe nap! My life is so not exciting!

Beth

Yesterday I did To The Max Xtreme premix and it was an awesome sweat session. However, my knee has been killing me all day. I did RWH CST at lunch and my knee really was hurting. Just bending it to sit on the step was so painful. Needless to say I made a Dr. appt for today. Hopefully I can find out what is really going on and be on the mend.

I got my husband a Nook and he uses it all the time. No real weekend plans, it will probably snow again. . Oh, I think I'm going to go get a new tv for my workout room. I'm tired of having to share with Jerod. Sometimes he is gaming when I want to workout. We will move the current TV to another area of the basement. I was up 1lb at my WW weigh in this morning. So irritating. :(

Your profession is quite stressful. Is your vacation accrual pretty good? I accrue 17 days per year. It starts adding up after a bit. Do you get any holidays off so you could go visit for a long weekend?

Dr. said severe sprain and possibly a meniscus injury. She can't tell for sure without an MRI. Of course insurance dictates that I have to have 4 weeks of physical therapy before they will do an MRI. I'm in so much pain there is no way I can do PT yet. She said ice and ibuprofen to bring down the swelling.

My SIL called and asked me to go to lunch and then to a Sip & Paint place tomorrow. They already pre-paid, but one of her daughters is sick and can't make it. My MIL, SIL and niece are going to lunch first and then to paint. It should be a nice time.

Oh my, it sounds like you need to rest your knee. I'm sorry for your condition... But now you know something is definitely wrong and you can start focusing on getting it better. On the plus side, you could focus on upper body for a while until the swelling goes down and you can try PT. You might find too that the less cardio/heavy lifting may make you a lot less hungry. It might be a good time to try new recipes-meal prep/plan-and eat as clean and lean as possible.

My dad took a turn yesterday. He was in the ER for hours and they couldn't figure out what is wrong with him. Basically he can't use his left leg-severe pain. He's practically immobile. It took 3 of us to move him from chair to sleep chair last night. I don't even know if he can stay at home at this point.

I ended up sleeping more yesterday morning, so never did do a workout. At least I'm not super tired. I slept in today too-until 8:30. I know I should get up at the same time every day and all but it's a struggle when I don't have to. Now we lose an hour tonight...never gonna catch up!

I'm hoping to do my stretches, my core, and Stacked Sets Upper Body today before going to my parents.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.