Curious, does anyone have jumpsnap?

>wendy- i have one from jumpsport and it's pretty good (got if
>from DDD). also there is one on one of the Barry bootcamps.
>
>i am dying to get your review once you are relieved from
>shoulder DOMS;-)

Thanks girl! So there's a jump rope work out in the original bootcamp? Are you talking about Joey's calf killer cardio he does? }(

Thanks for the reply, Wendy. The other workouts you might be thinking of are RopeSport. I noticed them on Amazon.com the other day, but I have no idea if they're any good or not.

Cheers,
Sandra

>Thanks for the reply, Wendy. The other workouts you might be
>thinking of are RopeSport. I noticed them on Amazon.com the
>other day, but I have no idea if they're any good or not.

Thanks Sandra. I will check them out. :)

Aww man Sunny. You are killing me! LOL I forgot about that and now I'm gonna have to try it! I can never walk the day after doing that cardio. ACK!}( LOL

>ETA:
>I just looked at the pictures more closely and it looks like
>the blue one does have a solid blue ball. I'm glad I got the
>pink one now. I think the foam will be more forgiving should
>I decide to whack myself in the head, which is always a
>possibility with me. ;)

I got the blue one from QVC and it has foam balls on the ends - I "whacked" myself on the hands a few times this morning and it didn't hurt at all! I barely even noticed. I bet they redesigned it due to customer complaints.

Anyway, I did the 12 minute Intermediate workout this morning, after doing 4DS Kickbox cardio (because the JumpSnap workouts have NO WARMUP or cooldown - what's up with that???). It definitely kept my heart rate elevated after the kickboxing. I think most of us who are used to Cathe cardio will find it a little on the easy side - so getting the Advanced workouts may be a good idea. It said I did some 1688 jumps and burned 177 calories in 12 minutes. I doubt the calorie burn is very accurate, but the jumps are probably about right.

I would not recommend anyone use the workouts as is - no one should start jumping rope with no warmup. And there should be a cooldown and stretch at the end. The workouts are kind of cheesy - they seem to be pretty low budget productions. But they get the job done. Once you learn the basic types of jumps, there's no reason you have to keep using the DVD - you could easily just put on some music of your choice and do your own thing.

I would like to try some of the RopeSport workout DVDs now - they look quite a bit more difficult than the JumpSnap ones. :)

Hello ladies....about Jump Snap...

I just sold my set on Amazon, this past February. I bought it last year and I just wasn't using it. I did like it though, in the beginning I used it quite often but I often got sidelined with some sort of knee/leg/foot injury because I run on my treadmill 2-3 times a week. So consequently, I would have to skip these kind of workouts. It came with two DVDs. One contained, I think 2 little workouts ( one was 8 mins., 12 minutes.) The other was a bonus DVD, I believe it was 14/16 minutes. I never got around to doing that one. It also came with adjustable weights, they were small--I never used those either x(. I will say another problem that I encountered was that the little balls kept hitting my hands and that could very uncomfortable at times. (I had the blue one) This was another factor that prevented me from using it. I would say to myself "ugh, I don't feel having my hands hurt today". So, after it sat in my closet for about 7 months, I decided to sell it. I really did contemplate keeping it, but I must say, I really sold it for close to what I paid for it. I think it can be very effective and fun but the question is do you think you'll use it once the novelty wears off? (This happens to me a lot!) I'm just at a place right now where I'm really trying to get rid of workouts/equipment that I don't use.

HTH,
Katrina

> I will say another problem that I
>encountered was that the little balls kept hitting my hands
>and that could very uncomfortable at times. (I had the blue
>one) This was another factor that prevented me from using it.
>I would say to myself "ugh, I don't feel having my hands hurt
>today".

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I don't think this is an issue anymore. I just bought the blue one and the balls are made of foam - it doesn't hurt at all when they hit your hands. It sounds like they've redesigned it based on customer feedback about the balls hurting people's hands.

Okay,
I got it today and did the eight minute and 12 minute and burnt like 358 calories. Good workout for a short amount of time. I have yet to try the more intense intermediate/advanced and advanced dvds which I brought or the jumpshot dvd which is pilates/jump snap combined. Will keep you all posted.

No issue with the balls as someone stated they are foam.

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.