Control the Damage in the NeW YeAR!

XTrain Cardio Legs warm up, 100 Hip Thruster challenge, 100 walking lunges and 42 mins of Kundalini Yoga..DONE!:D

BBIAB!:cool:

damn

:( I found out yesterday that a long time elderly friend passed away - (thank God I saw her at Christmas) .. now I just got word our FL friend that we fish with had a heart attack and is on life support - and prbly will be removed from it this afternoon .. OMG .. I am heartbroken again - this year is not starting off good at all :(

Hi ladies,

I may have to switch to posting in the evenings. Once again I've been spending too much time on the computer in the a.m. and it makes me later for work...you know I'm not going to miss my w/o.:)

This morning was Bi's & Tri's, and I really liked it. I actually went heavier than Cathe on several exercises in this DVD.

Jacque-so nice to hear from you. Do you still have that long commute to work? So it sounds like you are wanting to get back to a.m. w/o's instead of p.m. What time would you have to start your w/o to still get to work in time? Is your DH still collecting Hot Wheels. :eek:

Laura-sorry I'm late, but cardio legs is similar to STS Plyo Legs...I really liked this particular DVD and think you will too. Just saw your last post, so sorry you are having to start your year like this. Hang in there.

Lori-I don't have Just Dance, but really want it. Jerod and I do another Dance game on the Kinect, not sure what the name of it is though. I can be standoff-ish too, and we seem to get along just fine.:rolleyes:

Wendy-walking lunges, a girls best friend! Well that's what I've read anyway! I'm supposed to be doing this No Sugar or Limited Sugar challenge....not going well so far. Perhaps limited sugar would work better for me.

TG-which Xtrain did you decide to start with? I see supercuts isn't on the rotation until month 2, not sure I can wait that long to give it a try.

bbl

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Although I slept well, I am tired today b/c I went to bed too late. I think I see a NAP in my future, Lori!:p

Today's plan is Combat 60, walking lunges and the X-Train 100 rep bicep challenge if I have time.

Laura:: Soooo sorry! :( ((((HUGS))))

Diana:: Post whenever is best for you! We'll be here! :) I feel your pain on the sugar challenge. I am not even going there. :rolleyes: I finally weighed myself today. I have 4-5# to lose. Not happy but I suppose it could be much worse!

Lori:: LOL, then you have one up on me b/c my mother would likely beat ME in that dancing game! :eek: She's a pretty good dancer! Hope your little one has a better day today so that you can to!

K, guess that's all for now..BB after my work out!:cool:

Good Morning:)

The baby woke up toooooo early this morning! I didn't go to bed until 12. I would have went before that but DD use to get mad at me every time I fell a sleep on the couch. Her not having anyone to hang out with is getting old! She use to be gone all the time when we were home and I'd have to beg her to do something with me. Now the shoe is on the other foot and she's to much the other way:rolleyes:

I didn't move until 4:30 though. I couldn't believe it when I woke and I was still lying in the same spot, so I think I slept well.

I've been eyeing a couple of down filled lulu running jackets the past few days and my size ran out. When I woke up there was another one added in size 6 so I grabbed it! I enjoyed my last 2 runs outside but my top layer wasn't quite enough. I don't have a winter running jacket cause I could layer at home and that would be enough....not here. The coat was $158 and I got it for $89...thought that was a pretty good deal:D It's all about the money you save...not the money you spend;)

Rylan is 6 today:eek:. Crazy!!! Of course we aren't having a party yet cause we don't know anyone. Maybe we will have one for him in a couple of months. It's so hard buying presents right after Christmas. I never know what to get him.

Yesterday's workout was Amy Bento's UB ex back and Kari Anderson's abs. My plan was to run outside in the afternoon but I didn't get around to that part:confused:. DD was going to watch the boys today while I went for a run but Stephen is up so early that I'll just workout downstairs when he takes his nap. We also have our truck arriving today and cable is being installed.

Laura** no your right...it doesn't sound like a good start to your year but let's not look at it that way!!!! Hugs to you and DH!! Thinking about you!! I still think we are in for a good year!

Diana** not checking in until the night time hey?? I don't know if I can allow that!;) Then again if I find a job I doubt I'll be sitting here and yaking in the morning either. I'm not sure what the guy in the basement will think when I start turning the TM on at 5 a.m. I know he can work from home so I'm also thinking that he can go in whenever he wants as well cause most mornings he doesn't leave till 11. But I'm done being quiet after 8:30....

Wendy** sure what does getting up early have to do with anything?? You would have had a nap regardless of what time you got up today:p. How is the job hunt going?? There are a few jobs around here and it's funny cause most of them don't require any education...lol...Requirements- high school, read English, and write English! I can do that:D I'm hoping to get a call next week. I figured everyone needed a few days after the holidays to get back into the swing of things.

I will bbl. I'm just hanging out and sipping coffee till DS does for his nap!

Lori:)

FRI

We did Cardio Legs last night w/bonus core#2 // FUN and yes Di .. very similar to plyo legs - it was not as hard as I had built it up to be - my bad knee is bugging me again - so I had to really watch it last night! DOMS: still in my arms and core and now into the hammies a bit and my shins! not too bad tho! the core is the worst!

today was to be hard strikes timesaver - BUT I have errands and not sure if it will get done today - tmrw is 80 minutes LEGS :eek: I am officially scared of that one!

Di - you were right I like the cardio legs - fun workout - my disc is scratched tho- I am gonna have to call customer service .. b/c I didnt do it and it is badly scratched in 3 places - it was in place in it's holder so it had to be scratched in production.

Wendy - a nap?? you???? lol .. jk! hey .. my mother can outdance me too!! LOL thanks for the hugs . :(

Lori - saw the picture of the munchkin covered in chocolate .. PRICELESS .. my brother has a similar picture of him like that! TOO CUTE! I am trying to stay positive about this year .. but damn it is very hard to!!!

Hello to Jacque and TG - gotta run .. gotta get year end files put up and away .. have a great one!

Afternoon,:D

Okay, no workout to report, I know….I know….this is getting old, right? However, Snickers and turtle has gone home as of 11:30 last night. I cannot tell you guys how STRESSED I have been, especially the last two days there was worms in Snickers poo OMG. That's another story, really you talking about stressing, worrying about the two puppies. Yesterday, after work cleaned entire downstairs bleached disinfected the whole nine yards…………….. OKAY CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, will start workout, I def need it;) See ya!

Hi Ladies,

This morning was the Low Impact HIIT and Core #1. I did jump for most of it though.:)

My goal is to get work earlier which means I need to start my w/o's much earlier. My computer time in the morning is just going to have to move to the evenings. As much as I love sipping my coffee and checking in with you in the morning, I can't limit my time so it's best to put it off until the evening or like now...while I'm at work.

The 2 legs w/o's will have to be switched so I can do the long one on the weekend and the shorter one on a weekday. I'll probably throw in my own cardio occasionaly too. I love Imax 3, Intensity and BM2 Cardio.

The Spring Fitness Challenge at my Rec Ctr is starting in Jan instead of February. Need to get signed up for that pronto. Also, Jerod and I will be taking adult swim lessons starting in February. I need the training for my 2 triathlons scheduled for this year and I would like Jerod to become a stronger swimmer too.

Lori-Happy Birthday to Rylan!!! My girls will be 5 on Jan 14th. I can't believe it. Woo Hoo on a new running jacket, this is a necessary purchase for your new climate! In other words, a need not a want.:p Plus you got it on sale too! Sounds to me like you may be "over qualified" for where your live. LOL Obviously smarter folks would know better than to live in the "arctic"!:p When do the kids start school? Jerod goes back to school on the 8th.

Laura-the regular leg workout only uses 10# db's and you will be sore from it, trust me. I did up the weight on some of the leg w/o though.

Wendy-A nap, really...it's going to suck for you when you go back to work!:eek: I'm considering becoming a BB coach and Combat is one of my choices!

TG-Did DS pick up his pup? We don't have any animals right now and I can't say that I miss it. Is that bad? No more dog hair all over the house, cleaning up messes inside and out etc.

Jacque-what are you up to today?

bbl

Diane: Yes ma'ma my son picked up Snickers and his turtle last night. I was sleep i was tired due to cleaning my house and washing pup………. alls I know was when we spoke during his layover he promised to pick up, six days was ENOUGH. Woke up this morn and rushed down stair and he was gone. Now I can work on clearing up my skin :confused::eek::eek: Nice workout lady;)

ALMOST 5 .. shhhhuuuuttttte it has been long day!

No workout - this is rest and CAB day :confused: come on 5 oclock!! GEESH - seems it has been one thing after another today - trying to maintain the positive vibes .. but right now I am grasping at best!! Seems my DM is having a medical issue now - has to have a thyroid biopsy - some kind of growth on her thyroid! :( (pray it is nothing) .. BUT I am trying to keep her positive - she tends to jump to PANIC mode immediately - I have a funeral Sunday - and not sure on my FL friends arrangements yet - PLUS today was my BF that died from Cancer B-day! :(:( SO MUCH SADNESS!!!!

TG: watch your pup - worms are contageous! But if yours has been wormed and had his shots he should be fine! amazing animals live w/worms in them like that!!! but it is common for pups!!

Di - ok - if I am gonna be sore from it and it is only 10# on legs :eek: oh crap that must mean lots of reps or low holds or low hold pulses torture ??? didnt you love Core Bonus #1 .. that was awesome ..

OK .. will report if I survive Legs torture tmrw!! for tonight I am being bad .. CABS will be freely flowing!!

Hiya Ladies !

Last night I did Tabatacise - whew my legs were already sore from Super Cuts . . .:rolleyes: I really liked that one too ! I sat down to post after my workout and woke up at midnight with my laptop sitting on my lap ! :eek: Can ya tell I haven't worked out for a month ! :p

. . . so this morning when I woke up with the freezing house and sore legs, well, I decided not to hit the weights. Work was a bugger today so think I'll make today a rest day and hit the weights tomorrow, possibly add a TM run to work the soreness out.

Diana - I do still have my 45 min commute so I have my alarm set for 4:15 to get started by 4:30. Then I could get to work between 7:30 and 8. Leave work at 4:30 and I like getting home just after 5. If for some reason I haven't slept enough and don't get my workout in I can still do it. Like you, I put the Leg workout on DH's hockey night in case I don't have time in the AM - could then do it that night. Speaking of hockey . . . doggone those NHL boys ! I am so missing our NHL games ! Grrrrrrrrr.

And yes, we have Hot Wheels all over our bedroom and in the guest room, let alone half the garage rafters ! Now to figure out a way to get him to spend some time refreshing the house which we haven't done much to in 12 yrs. Let alone still have termites - think he could spend some of his internet time figuring that out !:mad: Some things never change.

Lori - I have seen a few posts and some Facebook messages . . . DH was away training and now you have moved? What is up with that? and all after you new little bundle of joy ! ;) Sounds like you are back to some good workouts.

Laura - I am feeling like I remember you do at work with my assistant out for a while and too much going on . . . Like your New Year's plans to rid the "fluff". My DD finally started running the beginning of last year and is now eating much healthier - she lost 50 lbs ! I was so proud of her but now feel the competition cause she has almost caught me since I have gained !:eek:

Hope your CAB night is a fun one . . . we'll be going out to eat tonight after we hit Costco since it will be a rainy weekend. I finally got smart and make DH come shopping with me so that way we get a dinner out - multi tasking ya know ! ;)

Wendy- definitely hoping to be around more consistently this year. I did start getting back into my workouts mid-year averaging at least half the days in the month. Climbed Half Dome in Yosemite with my SIL's which was a 16 mile hike gaining 4,000 feet. It was awesome and exhilarating but I really needed to get in shape prior to that. We did lots of steep hikes but I needed my workouts for strength and stamina. Now this year I will work more on my posts ! :p I miss you all ! Am trying to make small changes in different areas so I can stick with it ya know?

TG - sounds like you are having fun with some new puppies? A long while ago I had a couple of litters - nothing more fun and precious other than children, or wait, I take that back . . . grandchildren cuz then I don't have the headaches, just the fun ! Right Diana ! hehehehe :D

That's about it for now . . . time to get outta here for shopping and dinner, and, oh yes, CABs too !

TTFN . . .

We are up early again but I went to bed earlier so it's not so bad. Plus DH got off at 4, not 6 so he won't sleep as late today. I was thinking about taking the boys out to Walmart or somewhere to get them out of the house but we will see how that goes.

Yesterday's workout was a bit different cause when I got started I didn't know what I wanted to do. I received two slips from the post office yesterday, I was hoping one was going to be my workouts but nope....then I got another one last night. That also could be one of three things but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! So yesterday's workout was 15 mins on the TM, AB single premix and that barre workout that I've never done before:eek: It was good. I don't know what the temps are suppose to be today but I'd like to run outsider later.

Laura** your mom sounds like my mil...not like there isn't just cause to worry but my mil is over the top. Then she will tether back and forth when she's worried. But she worries about the silliest stuff. The last thing I heard her talking about was the fact that her and my fil had been walking this track together and she was worried that all the other people walking were going to think she was making him walk b/c she thinks he needs to lose weight:confused: When she brought it up my BIL said "really? You think that's what people are thinking"? I don't know if she even realizes how foolish she sounds most times. How were the cabs last night? I had a glass of wine that wasn't very tasty.

Diana** well you better make time for us in the evenings is all I gots to say:eek: or this is not going to be a good situation. I guess you will soon be leaving to go see the girls! How exciting! Is it just you going?

TG** I guess you are happy to have your house back in order. I don't know if I'd deal well with a dog with worms in my house. When I was home last summer my brothers dog had the same thing going on and DS liked playing with him outside. I wasn't real keen on that.

Wendy** nice workout

Jacque** yep...dh went away for 6 months and left me home alone with 3 hooligans! He wrote the RCMP (police) exam June 2011, kept passing everything and he left last June for 6 months. The baby and I saw him once in that time frame. It was hard but we survived and it was worth it. We knew we could end up anywhere in Canada and here we are....almost on the other side of the country 4 days before Christmas. Luckily enough, Santa found us! You sound as busy as ever!

Alright....quick question. When I got in bed last night I was playing with my phone, got on FB and there was a link "find friends in cold lake" so I scrolled through and I found my neighbour across the st, that bright over cookies a couple days before Christmas. I don't know if I told you guys this or not...she seemed really friendly but I haven't had time to go over there..or even look for a reason to go over there. I thought about sending her a message on FB to see if she wanted to get together for coffee...would that be totally weird?? Considering that I live across the st??? Why not just go knock on her door? But how do I just go over and say "hey, you want to have coffee" lol....or I could bake her something and use that as an excuse...

Bbl!

Hello ladies! :)

I just finished my work out and I barely survived it! :eek: TOUGH ONE today but I did it!!!!:D

Warm up from XTrain Bi's and Tris
100 rep triceps extension challenge with 5# DB's
150 walking lunges with 8# DB's (up in reps AND weight! OUCHEES!)
Combat Power HiiT
Combat Stretch and Strengthen

All totaled it took 90 minutes. Awesome work out! :)

Lori:: Nice work out! That's a good question about your neighbor...b/c she is so close and already brought you cookies to welcome you I would say you need to just go knock on her door. :)

Jacque:: Don't feel bad about falling asleep after your work out! Just ask Lori to tell you about my famous naps! :p Wow, sounds like those hikes alone should have kept you in pretty good shape! I'll be I couldn't do what you've done! Good for you! :D

Laura:: Hope you were able to blow off some steam last night sweetie! (((HUGS)))

Diana:: A BB coach huh? Seems to be alot of Catheletes joining the ranks of BB coaches. IDK if you remember I tried it a few years back...didn't work out well for me. I lost money hand over fist! LOL Some people do quite well though! Good luck to you if you decide to go for it! Who would your upline coach be if you join?

TG:: Hope you are having a good weekend with your pups! :)

Hi Ladies,

There is a lot to do this weekend. My dresser and the girls bed, and bedroom is covered with Christmas paper, empty packages and some empty boxes etc. My goal is to get that all cleaned up and put away this weekend. I can't even see the top of my dresser.....UGH.

This morning I had a laser appt and then stopped at the rec ctr to sign up for the Spring Fitness Challenge. This class is starting in Jan instead of February this year so the class ends right before spring break instead of after it. Also, my trainer is having 2 free ViPR classes this month. Perhaps I can get DH to go check it out with me. He's lost about 20#'s so far just by changing his diet...due to type 2 diabetes.

The rotation calls for Burn Sets-Chest, Back and Shoulders. If time allows, I'll throw in some cardio too. My weight isn't moving down as quickly as I'd like. Very frustrating but I'm not giving up. This belly has got to go....no muffin top for this girl!

Wendy-Nice workout this morning! The BB startup cost is reasonable, but I totally see how one (I) could get sucked into this. I've been perusing it for a while but haven't jumped in yet. My upline coach would be Lisa Humphrey. I haven't jumped in yet because I need to make more money and am concerned it may not pan out the way I want. I'm not sales person and I already have a full time job. It would only be in my spare time....not sure that would yield the results I want or need.

Lori-so what did you get in the mail? More workouts....more lulu...:) I agree with Wendy, you should walk over and invite your neighbor to coffee sometime. Then you can also say, by the way, I'm on FB if you ever want to connect that way. Yep, it's just me going to visit the girls. I'm staying with Amanda's Mom. It should be a great time!

Jacque-Wow..4:15am...that's when Wendy was getting up when she was working. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the energy to exercise at the early hour. Although, I am trying to start my w/o's early and am backing up my wake up time by 10-15 mins each week and hope to be starting my w/o's at 6am soon. Also, eliminating my morning computer time is helping a lot. Hockey, I'm so over it....we just went through this a couple years ago. I miss the Avs, but now that all my favs have retired I don't really care.

Hi TG & Laura-hope you are having a great weekend.

Evening:)

Hello, everyone:rolleyes: I had such a relaxing day I forgot to check in:eek: This morning, started with Cardio Coach; Candace (I worked it:p) and I did abs. I'm sitting here playing with my puppy and chedking out a few of the Xtrain workouts, so far I've watched three. I am loving these workouts and Cathe and crew energy everyone look so awesome :) Have a wonderday all:)

Good Morning Girls. :)

My tris are on fire from y'day's challenge but my lower body is not. Booh. I guess I need to amp up those lunges and try an X-Train LB work out soon! :cool:
Which one do you ladies suggest I try first? :)

Today's work out will be Combat 60 and lunges most likely. I don't think I'll have time for X Train leg work today but definitely some time this week!;)

BBL to report my work out and for personals!:cool:

The baby was at 5 this morning but when I put him in bed with me, he snuggles in and goes back to sleep:D. I know I don't sleep as well though b/c I'm afraid he's going to move and not wake me. But it beats not sleeping at all :eek: I also don't know what time DH got home from work. He was suppose to get off at 4 but when I woke up at 4 he wasn't there. He's been getting a bit of OT.

Yesterday I did MM UB, PH abs and a 15.2 k run. Took me about 1:15. I started to get cold near the end cause I don't think the sun is up a real long time here! By the time I turned around to come home, the sun was starting to set and the roads were a little more slippery where the sun had been shining and melting the snow...and that was only around 2:30-3:00! I don't know what I'll do today. I need to do legs. Maybe a short cardio and legs.

Diana** that's awesome about DH. How much weight is he trying to lose? Did you get everything accomplished yesterday? Normally I would have a pile of things to do or dig out but there isn't much to do around here:eek: I got lulu in the mall :D although....I would have preferred my workouts. I picked it up before my workout just to see. But if it was my lulu, I wanted to try my running vest as well, which I did. It was very nice a warm...in the beginning anyway, until the sun went down!! Hopefully my workouts will be here this week.

Wendy** I guess your legs area getting immune to squatting and lunging! You must have some nice @ss on ya now!:eek: That's the body part I NEED to be working and it's time to start giving up on my arms! Lol. My rear tends to get a little flat when I lose the baby weight and it takes a little while to build it back up. I should be doing more squats with heavy weights. Maybe that could be MY January challenge :)

TG** nice workout

I will bbl. I may take the kids out of the house when DS wakes up. Dh is off now until wed. We have to get the kids situated for school tomorrow and we are suppose to be looking at houses. Which is probably just going to make me more unhappy about my situation right now!

Hi Ladies,

Today will be more errands and getting Christmas stuff put away. The cable boxes finally arrived in the mail so we can send back our old equipment. Those boxes have also been in the girls room. It will be nice to have that room and my dresser back in order.

This morning is a legs and cardio day. I'm going to do the longer leg w/o today and cardio legs on workday since it's a shorter workout. I'm not taking a rest day since I'm leaving on Friday and will probably have 4 days of no workouts. Although Amanda did tell me to bring my w/o clothes so I can go to bodypump with her.

This 90 day rotation is mostly weights based and I've decided to thrown in additional cardio since my body type needs that. It will be pretty easy once my class starts.

Lori-I'm sure you're not getting as good a sleep as you would like especially if DS is in bed with you. Since DH has been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes he has cleaned up his diet quite a bit and has been eating less. Hope you can find a larger home soon. Maybe you can just shift your focus to legs/glutes and maintain those ripped arms of yours!

Wendy-no sore legs from all those lunges....up your weights girl! Cardio Leg Blast is similar to STS Plyo Legs, a weight exercise followed by a plyo exercise. The Leg w/o only uses 10#'s, and my legs were definitely sore from it. I did increase the weights on most of the exercises in this w/o, although it may not be necessary.

TG-Nice w/o with Candace! So do you preview all the w/o's before you do them? I usually just put them in and go. Yeah, I do have to rewind here and there, but I can't wait to try them. There are still a few I haven't done yet. Burn Set Bi's & Tri's which is slated for tomorrow and Supercuts which isn't on my rotation until week 5.

bbl

Good morning !

Yesterday was a 30 min TM steady state - legs are finally feeling good and not sore. Will do Low Impact HiiT in a bit. Then tomorrow starts the 90 day rotation.

Lori - WOW, RCMP for DH huh? That is nice. Hopefully it will work out well for the family now that he is done with his testing and training. Police work here in the US is a good career - I have 3 of my DH's siblings who chose that, a SIL and an ex Step son all in law enforcement. You get to retire early and start a second career, at least for now . . . Will you be doing any fitness training or just taking a break while the little guy is young?

Wendy - sounds like you are doing a combo of BB's Combat and the new Cathe XTrain. Love how you are doing the 100 challenges. Are you seeing good results from those exercises?

Diana - Good to hear you got things straightened up yesterday - I plan on hitting the garage in a bit. Didn't put up anything for Xmas this year since no one really came over and I don't get any assistance. Need to put up the Xmas wrap (just bought a little more at half off for next year) and then start straightening. I haven't vacuumed if for a long time and DH never touches it at all. My DD just moved up to Crescent City which is just about on the border of CA and OR. Nice to hear you will be up there soon visiting with your GK's. Mine just moved back up a couple hours north but they actually bought a nice home so I am happy for them ! :p Let me know what I am in for with the Long Leg workout !;)

TG - I love Cardio Coach, need to do those again since when I hit the TM I usually just turn on the TV and go steady. The CC's are so much fun and such a great workout. Hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend . . . we have rain and I've been relaxing alot lately too !

Will BBL to see what y'all have been up to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.