Control the Damage in the NeW YeAR!

WED

Hello Ladies ..

ystdy: Heavy weights at lunch was great - then SIL and I pounded out COMBAT 60 .. WOW .. what a FUN sweatfest of a workout .. SIL loved it .. and NEEDED it .. she said she felt much better afterwards!!! we were both dripping!! It is BAD weather here today - STORMS all over the state - just had tornado warning at my house :confused: called DB and SIL told them take cover .. think it has passed and everything ok now .. geesh that is ALL we need!!! :confused:

Lori - wow .. that sounds like a good little baby girl! that worked out good! your workout does sounds brutal! and yes .. think Cobat 60 was just what me and SIL needed .. it helped pound and kick out some stress plus those instructors make it FUN and make me laugh!!! :)

Di - I know what you mean about cleaning out freezers .. we need to do some of that too .. I have cooked last 2 nights - chicken - of course low fat .. DH said ... heck 4 nights in a row .. I am cooking tonight .. have a feeling I will be having something fattening tonight :confused:

Wendy - now why were you standing so long?? silly girl!!! yes my brother .. was VERY lucky!! man it scares me to death thinking about what could have so closely been a tragedy!!

TG: OMG .. I am soooooo sorry about your DN .. my deepest sympathies!

OK - better run - today will be either UB or LB combat w/the inner warrior stretch .. have a great one!

Hey Girls

Getting some lunch before I go to my fake job....ttytt I don't even have any interest in going. I think tomorrow's job holds a lot of promise. But we shall see... I don't want to burn any bridges.

My workout was as planned. 25 mins on the TM, cardio legs and ph abs. Took me about 90 mins. I felt so bloated yesterday. I'm guessing its the flaxseed I started adding back in my diet. And those stupid Doritos!

TG** omg...sorry to hear you guys are going through this. This is just horrible! My thoughts are you with guys! Keep us posted.

Laura** nice workouts! You crazy gals! Ya know I love how I get the rep for being the girl who works out for hours when you guys are no better! Squeeze in lunch time workouts and evening workouts...you and Diana are tarred with the same brush:eek: I just do mine all at once. There are no storms here...that would require warm weather:mad:

Bbl!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies. :)

My chest has FINALLY recovered from Burn Sets! :eek:

Not sure what today's work out will be. I'll BBL to let you know after I do it.

TG:: OMG, I'm sorry to hear about your niece. How old is she? What happened to her, if you don't mind my asking? :(

Lori:: So how'd it go at the dealership? Good luck today at the interview for the other job! Fingers crossed!

Laura:: I see that you are loving Combat as much as I do! That's great! I'm so glad! :) So how's your brother doing? Any better? Kudos to your SIL for continuing to work out.

Diana:: IKWYM about using food you already have in the house before buying more. I will buy things and never use them as well. :rolleyes: Hope you slept better last night. How was the ham/bean meal y'day? We had tilapia, brussel sprouts and couscous. It all cooks pretty quickly so it was a good choice to make when I got home from work. The key was that I didn't waste any time in getting it going so we still ate at a decent time. I may not be that motivated EVERY night though! :confused:

So to answer the question about what I was doing on my feet for 6 hours....a little copying but mostly filing. Like I said, I didn't HAVE to be on my feet the whole time but I just never sat down. Part of it was that I didn't bring a chair over to where I was working so I didn't even have a choice in the matter. If I work in the same area again today I will be grabbing a chair for sure! :rolleyes:

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning:)

I'm looking forward to my interview in just a few short hours. I'm not nervous at all, probably b/c I feel like I've turned my new career into a professional interviewee:p. And I need a job cause I need to get the he** out of this house! You guys aren't going to believe this one....so the landlord calls me last night. And he asked if I have been talking to the guy in the basement, which I hadn't. I thought he had a complaint or something. No such luck. He said that he had called him and wanted to know if he could have a friend move in with him:mad:. Another male, but it's not like "that". There's only one room downstairs and I asked where he would sleep. He said that the new guy would be in the room and the other guy was going to sleep in the rec room. I was so mad! He's a smart guy but this proves my point that he doesn't have a clue. Where is this guy going to put his food? Cause there ain't no room in this kitchen! 3 people cooking at the same time is going to be a complete circus! I think the landlord is trying to get as much money out of the situation as be can. He was working last night and so was DH. He said he was going to mention it to him but their paths never crossed. Dh couldn't believe it when I told him and he said that if this happens we will find somewhere else to live. And not to mention me being home alone while dh works nights, with my kids while there are two strange men in the basement.

Yesterday went well. I still don't know what they make this job sound so complicated. Yeah you have to multi task but don't most people have to do that? She had a few things on the go and I heard her boss say something about multi tasking. Kind of irritates me to no end. There were times in my old job that my desk would be lined off with stuff...those few papers she had sitting there didn't bother me. I'm guessing she will have her mind made up today. I know one thing, she better not ask me to come in again. I think I understand now:mad: and that's what I'll be telling her.

Wendy** I would have been up walking around too. I like being on the go, keeps me awake. Sitting down makes me sleepy. That's why my day is usually go,go,go...although it feels less like that now. Sounds like you are enjoying it!

I think today's workout will be cardio, back and tris. I will do it either when I get home from the interview or when dh wakes up. Poor guy as to get up at 8:20 so I can go to my interview:eek:

I will bbl to let you all know how it went!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day, no worries though. Since I don't schedule them it not like I'm missing anything. My weight was down a bit yesterday.:D I opted not to weigh this morning have the ham/bean dinner last night. It was delicious though.

Bi's & Tri's is on the schedule but I'm feeling more like a cardio or circuit w/o today. We shall see.

TG-so sorry to hear about your dear niece. Prayers to you and your family.

Wendy-great job getting dinner on the table after a full day of work. I may have to pop in a Z w/o and give it a whirl soon.

Lori-Good Luck at your interview today. Hope this one is much more appealing than the dealership! My preference would be to do my w/o's all at once like you do. It's just not feasible when working full time. You'll be back to morning/evening w/o's soon. I add flax seed/or chia seed to my morning oatmeal. Just make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. I may need your help coming up with a decent training plan for my HM and weights. I'm going to put something together this weekend and have you take a look at it. ;)

Laura-Hugs and healing vibes for DB's speedy recovery.

Jacque-I haven't watched the Avs yet this year. Apparently I haven't missed much, they've lost all but 1 game I think.

bbl

THURS

Morning Ladies ..

Ystdy - COMBAT PLYO HiiT + CORE ATTACK :eek: and it certainly attacked my core .. yowza!! DOMS: entire core - quads - hammies!! SIL was able to join me too - she loved it!!

Lori - IDK -I dont think 2 guys alone there w/you and your DD are a good idea unless you KNOW them well - I am SAFETY girl (well paranoid really) - ya .. think if that happens it would be time to find another place - not only for your safety but my goodness the kitchen logistics alone would be so aggravating!

Wendy - yes I love the combat series . . not only a sweatfest but a controlled muscle burnout AND they manage to make it FUN!!!! LOVE IT! would love to go to a live class!!!! DB is still in a LOT of pain .. but managing to move around some now .. thanks for askin!

Di - thanks Di - gonna be a long road of recovery for him- one of my BFF brought some food by .. soo sweet ..e veryone has been so kind ..

OK .. better run .. today will either be a run .. or Combat lower body and stretch .. ??? .. not sure .. will see how the day goes ..

Last edited:
Hi Girls:D:D:D

I got the job:D:D. At first she was going to give me some time to think about and to see if I heard anything from the energy centre. I then told her that I had decided to take the dealership job if it was offered to me. Then she didn't know what to do....she answered a call and when she hung up she said "you know what? I like you..I'm going to offer you the job, you can think about it and then get back to me". I told her that I didn't need to think about it. The pay starts at $15 and in three months they move me up to $17 depending on how I am doing. And she said there are lots of ways to move up and they pay for the training. I get to wear jeans:D so I don't need to buy any work cloths either. I'm super excited and I start on Monday. I knew going to that dealership yesterday was a complete waste of time.

Diana** sure I can look at a program for you. Just don't do to much if your knee is bothering you. Sometimes less is more. The last running program my friend followed only called for 3 runs a week. You could do one hill, one speed and one distance. That's what I would do. I don't like scheduling rest days either cause life gets in the way. I have a feeling my workouts are gonna be evening ones now. I have to get up to early. I have to be there by 8... Although on the days dh is home I probably could.

Laura** first I was thinking about the kitchen and then them in the basement yaking cause they get pretty loud when they are talking their own language and they have a lot to say :eek: Then I started thinking about two strange men here with me at night. And the guy who lives here does cook late...but what if the new guy does. I don't want him out here banging pots and pans around at midnight. I dunno.....

I will bbl!

:)

CONGRATS LORI!! WTG GIRL!!! :D:D:D:D THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! so what will you be doing at this job? I cant remember if you said! OF COURSE she liked you silly girl! CONGRATS!!!!!

Workout done. I did xtrain and GS back and tris. Then when the baby went for a nap I did 30 mins on the TM and 7 section of AB.

Laura** Its office work, emailing, paper work...she said I could go into payroll or something different later if I wanted to. Thanks for the congrats!!

BBL!

I second the congrats on the job Miss Lori...and great work out as well!!!!!:D I love being on the go at work. At home...not so much. :p When I am home I like to be laaaazzzyyyy which is why it's not a good idea for me to home! LOL

Di:: So what work out did you end up doing? Z's dvd work outs are the same type of thing as what's online. They are great work outs but just not the right format for a dvd IMO. If she wanted to release dvds then I think she should have changed her work out format for them. JMHO though. Let me know what you think when you try them.

Laura:: I am going to go back and complete month 2 of Combat soon I think before I decide to start a DIFFERENT rotation! I need to try the Asylums one day. I haven't touched them yet besides a little previewing! :eek::eek:

Hi Ladies,

I just got home from bootcamp class. Not the toughest class tonight, but it was still pretty good. I did get to run plenty of stairs, my favorite!:D

This morning I did Xtrain Low Impact HIIT and Core #2.

Lori-Congrats on the job! For my HM I need to build up a base over the next few weeks. The temps will be in the 50's this weekend and even into next week. Hopefully I can get a few 3+ mile runs in and try to get my running legs back before I start increasing the mileage.

Wendy-I think I would be lazy if I was at home too. We don't have 2 little ones around keeping us busy like Ms. Lori. I haven't previewed the Z w/o's yet. I like her w/o's though so hopefully I will like these. I need to get back to Asylum also, running is going to quickly become my priority though.

bbitam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.