Control the Damage in the NeW YeAR!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy New Year Girlies:)

Our night was pretty quiet, which was fine by me. Our ny celebrations use to always involve dh's family and they were pretty quiet. I don't know why we didn't do something with our friends. I think we all feel like we have to handle my mil with gloves most times. If you do something without her...look out! Lol

Yesterday's workout was 4 miles and GS shoulders. I may run outside today. It's not suppose to be very cold. My real issue is the amount of snow on the roads. It doesn't really seem to melt or to clear away. I may try it though....and I also wish I knew where my garmin was! I use to keep it in the kitchen cupboard so I have a feeling it's still in a box with my kitchen things. I still haven't found my toaster.

I'm going to read yesterday's thread to see what I missed and then I'll be back!

Lori:)

Diana** Are you going to follow a xtrain rotation? I think I might. Hopefully they will arrive next week. Our issue is really customs. Who knows how long they will let it sit there for but it's usually not that big of a deal.

Laura** remember when I gutted all my rooms? Then gathered everything up for a yard sale??? Well....I put it in the garage and then the movers packed it all. I was so rotted. I wanted to get rid of that stuff but instead I brought it with me and it will most likely end up at the dump! It's bad enough going through the boxes of stuff I actually need! Hope you enjoyed your night! I'm with you on saying good bye to 2012!! Hopefully 2013 will be better:)

TG** that's awesome that you got to go home early yesterday. Most places stay open their normal hours. Hopefully I will have a job soon that I can complain about:)

Wendy** I hope yo enjoyed your evening!!

So I decided to cook a turkey today. I wanted to have a cooked dinner b/c Christmas Day wasn't that traditional. It was salads and meat. We usually have turkey and all the fixings. So I'm going to do that today. Then there will be enough turkey left over for a while...and who knows...maybe a pot of soup:)

Bbl!

Happy New Year Ladies!
We dont do much for New Years. Normally just hang out and watch movies. We've been having some "issues", hoping this new year is much better. Oh, and I'm officially down 2lbs....only 5 more to go. Although I wouldn't mind losing a lot more than that.

Today I'm doing Xtrain Legs, the rotation calls for an 80+ minute premix. These long w/o's will have to be done on the weekend. It doesn't look like Cathe uses anything heavier than 10#'s in this workout, doesn't mean it won't be hard.

Lori-I unintentionally started following the 90 day rotation and will probably stick with it for now. It is necessary to change a few days around here and there to make it doable for me. So glad to hear you had a nice dinner with your neighbor in the basmement. Perhaps you should just have the yard sale when it thaws...does that ever happen in Cold Lake? Enjoy your NY Turkey dinner, sounds delicious!

Wendy-hope you are having a fabulous time!

TG-It's always nice to hear you can go home early! I was the only one from my team in the office yesterday, so I left at 4pm.

Laura-what workout did you decide to start with?

bbl

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope everyone had a great NYE...mine was quiet....poor dh is getting sick...but i stayed up and brought it in with Toots..lol

Well i did xtrain super cuts wow..FUN workout!!!!! I did ok thru it..had to blow my nose several times..but the cough stayed away..yayayya..

Di..think i am gonna love xtrain if sc is any indication of the series..

Lori..so today starts a new positive year for us i hope!

Hello to Wendy and TG...

Gotta go get me some black eyed peas! Have a great one!

Good Evening. :)

I took a rest day today. Tmrw I will do Combat UB since it's next on my rotation and I got the extra dvds today with XTrain! :D I will also be starting a new challenge tmrw...walking lunges!!:eek:

K, I'm beat. Brain is fried. Passing on personals until tmrw.

Have a great evening....:cool:

Hi Ladies,

DH and I spent the afternoon yesterday with one of my coworkers who is leaving to go work for Boeing. He and his family is from India. His wife cooked a ton of food and everytime one of our plates was low, she kept filling it up. The food was delicious, and vegetarian too. She cooks with a lot of traditional Indian spices. We had wonderful time.

There was a large To Do list I planned on tackling yesterday, but didn't too much of done since we were gone most of the afternoon. The bills are paid and filed and that was the most important, after my workout of course.

Xtrain Legs is a butt burner for sure! My hamstrings and glutes are talking to me today. This morning I'm giving tabatacize a try. Trying to up the cardio a bit to burn off this fluff. So far I'm loving the rotation.

Wendy-can't wait to hear all about your trip.

bbl

WED

New Year - New Day - Fresh Start!

DOMS: shoulders (eeeeeouch) and into the hammies, butt and back! I am guessing the ABS will join in this afternoon! That last set of abs and pushups was brutal!

Today - SIL and I are meeting after work- not sure which one we will do - since my UB is SO SORE .. may do the legs one tonight!! of course I never follow a rotation - but I may try to get it together by the weekend and try to loosely follow it!

Di - so legs is a butt burner - yikes - if I do that one I am sure I will be doing some major complaining tmrw! sounds like you enjoyed your NY! I actually feel like i have got a lot done - even being sick - i have reorganize my cabinets, kitchen, junk room and exercise room - this weekend will tackle the dreaded closet :confused:

Wendy - sooooo how was your trip - do tell?? sounds like you knocked out the workouts even tho you were gone!

Lori - saw the snowy picture .. YOU RUN IN THAT???? how in the world ??? my lungs would freeze!!!

Hello TG!

OK .. better run . . I have year end files to clean out .. ugh .. have a great day . . and great sweaty workouts! ;)

Good Morning:)

Yesterday I got outside for a run:). It was really nice and not that cold at all. I asked for two pairs of lulu pants for Christmas and they are so nice. The only running pants I had we're a pair of thin Nikes that my running partner bought me a looooong time ago. I could use them when I was at home running,even though sometimes when I came back my legs were red:confused: but I would have never been able to use them here! They are lined inside and so comfy. I read the reviews after I added mine and someone mentioned getting them on sale:mad: so now I want to keep my eyes opened for a sale:rolleyes:. My UB wasn't to cold but I'm debating ordering one of the running coats that are on sale. I also did Gs bic and tris.

DH went to work yesterday to get his schedule. He asked the guys if anyone wanted a turkey dinner brought in b/c I was cooking. One of his coworkers misunderstood and thought that he was inviting them for dinner. So him and his girlfriend came over. I was hoping I may have found a friend but she's not it. I didn't really feel a connection there. She kept talking about running and she made herself sound a lot better then she is...lol. She kept saying that her boyfriend doesn't run with her and that she should slow down. I asked her if she ran any races and she said sometimes. When I told her what I've done she was like "oh no, I'm not that into it. The most I've done is 10 kms". I was so tired of hearing her yak about her running that I had to ask. I don't think she knew who she was talking to! :p I'm sure we will hangout with them as couples but I doubt I'll be calling her up. Oh...and I was drunk when they arrived!:eek:

Diana** did I ever tell you about the time a friend invited us over for Indian food? I almost died! I guess it was all of the spices I'm not use too. I was bloated for at least 2 days! And my stomach was killing me. I never had it after...lol. Sounds like you enjoyed it more then me:)

Wendy** new challenge??? What's this one all about!?

Laura** DH got your cold?? Well if you we're miserable, he's gonna be near death cause you know what men get like!

I will bbl to report my workout. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. I need to check the temp. Might be another run outside.

Hey guys :)

Still NO workout:confused: I tell you between Tank and his brother Snickers...my goodness:confused: I told my son when you get off the plane MAKE SURE YOU STOP HOME, GET YOUR TURTLE AND PUPPY:D:D:D. Two puppies may not seem like a lot of work to you guys..... BUT for me it is. Having to damp mop hardwood floors every day, sometimes twice argh picking up twice the po-po....:eek:what can I say when I see Tank with his brother its' amazing how much they love each other:) One more day.

Now, that said he..he....I got my Xtrain today YAY:rolleyes: I'm sitting here reading the book (don't tell boss man) and
looking at the pictures of Cathe and crew.

Sunday, I'm going to start Xtrain 90 day program:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Tabaticize is awesome! I did all 5 tabatas (levels) and was dripping sweat! Level 3 seemed the easiest at first, but the blast was super tough.

TG-hope your DS picks up his pup soon! I should've brought my book too, it's very comprehensive. I'm loosely following the 90 day rotatio too. There seems to be an 80 min w/o each week, that will have to be done on the weekend for me. So far I'm loving Xtrain!

Lori-new lulu-it's serving you well in your new climate! She didn't use hot indian spices since they have a 1 yr old who eats what they do. It was a vegetarian meal so I feel I may be holding a little water, but nothing major. Too funny about the uninvited dinner company! Gotta a good laugh outta that!

Wendy-do tell, what's the walking lunge challenge?

Laura-my house needs some major decluttering. We just accumulate and never get rid of...and there are 5 of us in this house. It's a never ending battle, but I feel like I'm finally getting on top of it. Can't wait to hear which w/o you try next. Bi's & Tri's is next for me.

bbl

LOLOOL

OK Lori - I just busted out laughing about your unexpected company! NO that woman OBVIOUSLY didnt know who she was talking to :eek: :p:p:p and on top of that your were tipsy .. LOLOLOL .. OMG .. bet you were a hoot! :p:p:p suprised you didnt tell her she didnt know what she was talking about .. LOL! OMG ... OK .. you have made my day .. that is a riot!!!

Di - my legs are getting more sore as the day goes on ... but the shoulders are really hurting!!! still leaning towards doing the legs one tonight .. b/c they are the least sore!!!...but you are tempting me on the tabatacise ..

TG: 2 pups .. bet they are funny tho! but can only imagine the mess!!!

Hello Ladies. :)

Recently finished my work out...Combat Upper Body Blow Out (30m), XTrain Tabatacise Premix #1(30m), 50 walking lunges, and Combat Stretch and Strengthen (20m).

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Diana: ^^^^^5 for completing all the tabaticize :)I know that was hard, nice work, you are true to the game:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I am almost dreading to go home:confused: not really I know I am going to HAVE to mop and clean THAN CLEAN PUPPIES. I’m to am going to follow Cathe’s rotation loosely. See you tomorrow.

Poochy: They are funny especially when they are playing:)

fit mommy: Girl, you are working Les, niccccccce work.:)

Last edited:
Hey Girls

So far today I've done 9 km outside and that's it. I may do another workout when dh goes to work tonight...maybe legs or just ab work. I also took down the tree which makes the place seem a little less crammed and a bit more tidy. I kind of need to get a toy box though. Both boys got some new toys for Christmas (obviously) and there's no where to put them!

Diana** when I get these workouts, I won't have a clue what any of them are. Didn't even know there was a tabatize but it sounds awesome! Our landlord has the key to the mailbox though which SUCKS. Kind of hoping that they will be delivered to the door. I don't think the Indian food I had was that spicy. I think I stayed away from the spicy dishes. It was just the different spices that got to me.

Laura** glad you liked my story:eek: I was going to speak to dh about her some more today but I thought why bother. She wasn't that bad...I could tolerate her. I just won't be spending much one on one time with her. But as the saying goes...self praise is better then none. I'm not the type to bring up what I've done and what I do. If someone ask, I'll tell them but I don't go on and on about my fitness. To me that's just annoying.

Wendy** are you ever going to talk to us again??:p

TG** I remember how much work one puppy is so I can imagine two!

DH is gone for a nap and the guy who lives down stairs just came home from work. He's in the kitchen cooking his dinner and what a racket he's making. I hear pots, pans and dishes clicking. He moves at the speed of light. It's like he thinks someone is going to take it from him! Lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES !

Once again I am trying to reform my workouts and get to the forums more frequently.

Hope you all are doing well.

Quickie post that I did Super Cuts last night - loved it !:p

Will probably to Tabatacise tonight and then attempt to start my morning workouts again - like getting it done and over with. Will do cardio to try to rev up the metabolism and then starting the 90 day rotation.

Hopefully be back during a break to catch up !

Until later . . .

Good Morning:)

My only other workout last night was just dance with DD. I sooooo just wanted to sit on the couch, browse the web and watch tv! I think we were playing for an hour or so. I'm a little sore today from my last two runs. I guess it's b/c I haven't ran outside in such a long time. After that we watched some modern family and I searched for a job again. So I applied I a couple of more. We also went to the energy centre yesterday, which is the gym, ice rink, running track and I think another kind of court. I felt so at home there...that's where I want to be. I took a business card and fired off an email last night to the girl who runs the show. Kind of just introducing myself and asking if there were any openings coming up.

I'm not sure what today's workout will be. Dh is sleeping (he worked last night) and I was thinking I'd do weights when the baby goes for a nap and run when DH wakes up. I also need to go to the grocery store at some point so I'm likely to do that this morning and get the boys out of the house. The baby has a terrible habit of screaming lately and it's beyond me how anyone can sleep through that!

Jacque** it's good to see you back! How have you been doing? Keeping busy I'm guessing....fill us in!

I'll bbl!

THURS

Morning Ladies!!!!

EEEEOUCCCCHHHH!!!!! CBS + core bonus done last night - yowza can tell I have been layinig off working weights ... EEEOUCH .. it is excruciating to lift my arms above my head :confused: I am a WHIMP!!! Tonight is to be cardio legs - :confused::confused::confused:

JACQUE - wooohooo welcome back old friend!!! I loved SC too - FUN FUN workout - CBS was awesome too - loved the music - the set up - the pace - it just kinda kicked my butt a bit!!!

Lori - I am same way - I think once people know you are into fitness - they feel compelled to tell you what THEY do thinking they are one uping you - :confused: - I dont get it either!! another thing that erks me is people commenting on what I eat .. GGRRRRRRRRRRRR .... one lunch (when I was sick) I had to grab soemthing fast - well I got a GRILLED chicken and some fries .. no no THE most healthy meal .. but better than hamburger or FRIED chicken - this guy comes in and proceeds to comment on how BAD my lunch was - then MON he came in when I was eating a grapefruit and said .. WELL THAT IS MUCH BETTER for you .. :confused: :mad::mad: ummmmmmm .. and he prbly eats CRAP all day (in fact the day he commented how bad my meal was later that afternoon he was eating a 6 layer CHOCOLATE CAKE) ... but he just started crossfit and prbly thinks he knows everything .. ugh .. just ticks me off!!

Di - have you done cardio legs yet? do report what I am for tonight?

Wendy -ok first the squat challenge now a lunge challenge??? you are gonna have legs and butt of steel!!!!!!

TG - hope the pups didnt leave too big a mess for you .. at least you get to get puppy kisses .. LOL~

OK .. gotta jet - we have a full house today .. WOW .. been a while!! should be able to get some work done!! have a great one!

Good Morning. :)

Sorry Lori, for the lack of personals lately. Sometimes I run out of time to do them and sometimes I just run out patience! lol :p

Today is a rest day from the Combat rotation but not a total rest day so my work out will be an undetermined amount of walking lunges, the 100 rep hip thruster challenge from X-Train (even though I'm not sure I know what a hip thruster is!:confused: ), maybe a short cardio and definitely some yoga! :)

So good to see you again Jacque! Hope you stick around a while!:)

Laura:: Um dear, why do you think I am doing these challenges to begin with??? ;):p You are no whimp! Oh please! You taught those crazy classes 4-5 days per week for years PLUS did your own insane work outs too! You are the FARTHEST thing from a whimp if I ever saw one!

Lori:: OMG, I tried that game Just Dance ONCE and probably never again! I was AWFUL!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Looks like it has potential to be fun if you are coordinated enough to be decent at it though! And it's probably a great work out too! ;)

Diana:: Great job bangin' out the XTrain work outs! I don't have a solid plan to follow for the walking lunge challenge. I'm just going to do some every time I work out. :p

TG:: Good luck with the XTrain program! :) Hearing you talking about your puppies makes me wanna cuddle one! *insert the feeling of warm fuzzies here*

Hey Girls...back again! Eating my cereal and the baby is driving me crazy already this morning. He's to contrary to even talk about and he won't go to sleep. And I can't let him cry it out cause dh is in the room a sleep and I don't know what time the guy in the basement plans on getting up but it's almost 10 and I'm done being quiet for his sake. I thought he went to work at 8:30....

Wendy** I haven't one a round of just dance yet! Mind you, I'm playing with a 16 yr old. She made a video of it and that's when I realized how bad I actually was! I was doing the opposite most times. The only person I could possibly beat would be my own mother:eek:

Laura** we've had this decision before. I think it could be on my pet peeve list....actually I know it is. I heard DH tell them that I had my PT license so maybe that's when the bragging kicked in. I also recall (most of the reason why I wasn't a fan) that I asked her something and she totally shunned me. She shrugged her shoulders, didn't even respond to my question and looked back at the guys. And I think that was after I asked her about her running career ;). Maybe she was ticked at me...like I cared. I thought they were married but I don't think they've been together that long. She still has her own spot but stays with him. I also think she was trying to brag about the fact that her condo is just sitting there and no one lives there...in other words, she can afford that. I moved out of a town with people like her...in saying that maybe I am misreading her. My running partner comes across as standoffish so maybe I need to give her a chance...or not:eek:! Lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.