Commit to Get Fit & Lean for November 2014

'Evening!
Belinda, I've never heard of Holly and her workouts. How did you find her? You sure are a source of great instructors. I've thought of canceling but am sticking with it and hoping to modify.
Amelia, the others have offered great advice, and I just want to second not to be hard on yourself. If you're like me, that only causes me to get frustrated, give up, and stress eat. Lately, I'm trying to think of my stress eating as an addiction and am trying to take it one day at a time. In true confession mode, Tuesday was such a bad day for me, coffee cake was my dinner! And I certainly did not feel good or having any stress relieved after it!
Kristin, one of our elementary buildings is a dual-language program, and some of my colleagues went for the extension. It's a great idea, but they struggled with keeping up with coursework while teaching. It is the hottest teaching certificate to have these days! Our dogs are hoping for a long walk tomorrow, but I'm only doing that if it is above 35 degrees. Last week my face was red for a couple of days from the wind.
Jessica, where are you?
Wendy, hope you're finally doing better. Coughing up lungs is definitely hiit -Talk about intervals! Rest up.
Deb, those comforters sound just fabulous. Hard to believe how much snow Buffalo was hit with. My eldest is having a very hard time right now, and it is just so hard for everyone.
Have managed to keep up with my workouts but boy am I tired all the time. I've gone from not sleeping to now waking up about once an hour during the night. Went to Providence to pick up dd. Stopped at great bakery for bread and ate too much. It bloats me up, and now I feel like a huge blob. Off to read the papers and relax.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today is a active stretch.

Cookie - hope you like the new workouts. I would have to modify the entire workout, lol? Didn't made any sense to me…plus I don't have a responder. My feet can't take all that high impact anymore, I knew as soon as she pronounced the presage I was on the fence. I have enough workout dvd's that keep me busy, lol! Holly Perkins was on the old Exercise TV, love all her workouts. Here is here you can read up on it.: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Baladea-Fitness-Wellness-System-8-DVD-Set-p/baladea.htm You don't get much for the money, lol.

Kirstin - your post made me laugh….yes, all that high impact isn't for me. I'll be honest, I like the lower impact workouts. Plus I am finally toning up in the right places and losing weight without killing myself.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Workout all done. I walked Baxter for an hour. Although it was 45 degrees out, it is much warmer than yesterday :). Then I did Butts and Guts in its entirety. I bought a new stability ball, but it is really small. Still got the job done, so I'm not complaining. I cannot believe Thanksgiving is this week. My boys are off on Wednesday, but my district is open, so they will be spending the day with my dad. I am hoping the next three days go fast.

Belinda- good to hear your other workouts are working for you. Those one arm burpees. . . I don't know about those.

Cookie- I know that this certification will give me options down the road, which is why I want to do it.

Deb- yes it is harder to get up and out of bed during the cold winter months, lol. I am back to working out at night and as much as I wanted to get the workouts out of the way, I am fine with doing them at night. It's what works for me.

Waving hello to Amelia and Wendy!

Kristin

Good evening,

Got SBF Stretch 3 = 35 min is done!

Kirstin - have fun with those one arm burps, lol! Good job on B&G!

Good night, everyone!

Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today. I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving & this week will be busy preparing for Black Friday. I will have a long weekend next week so I look forward to that.

Belinda - The workouts look good and had good reviews, your right a little pricey for the set.

Kristin - Hey whatever works!! Our schools have a 1/2 day on Wednesday.

Cookie - Not sleeping must take it's toll on you but kudos on getting your workouts in:) It is so hard to see your children struggle.

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

I will do JS 40-Minute Seated Chair Cardio and Strength Workout and SBF LB BC Barre = 25 min and Thight Reset Target = 5 min.

Debbie - the workouts are good. I really like them.My friend let me try them out. Once they will go on sale I may buy the set, but not for that price. Hope you get your workout in today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

I have officially mastered the Coughing HIIT workout (thank you, Cookie, for giving my workout a really good sounding name, LOL!!) UGH I'm so over this!

Question: Do you all workout with a cough? I'm going on three weeks now and it's driving me mad. And I feel like a huge blob sloth like creature as a result.

I'm working on my Thanksgiving menu. Going to incorporate some primal/paleo recipes into it (with the regular stuff for everyone else.) Hopefully they are good!!

Belinda-Yay on workouts being done!

Cookie-I'm excited about the new Cathe series and am glad you kept yours. I need to modify with somebody and sqeeee with excitement about them. So yay you are the lucky winner who gets to do that with me, LOL!!!

Debbie-I can't imagine how work has you crazed leading up to Black Friday. Me? I love Cyber Monday. I'm lazy. ;-)

Kristin-My DD got off all week for Thanksgiving. She is at Camp Grandma today. :)

Amelia-Let's work on moving and maintaining this month then crush it in January. You game? ;-)

Wendy

'Evening!
Belinda, well I clicked on the link and have to agree with you - that's a lot of money! Perhaps if you really like them, and they go on sale, I may consider. JS has really clicked with me, and I'm just loving her rotation. Gets me good and I don't feel exhausted when done.
Amelia, hope you're taking care of yourself. Sometimes when I'm needing to get demotivated, I look at success stories for motivation.
Kristin, we're supposed to get 7 inches of snow Wed - Thurs! Did you say one-arm burpees?!!! Are they in the new series? There's no way I'm ever going to be able to do them. You are lucky to have your family near by. A friend of mine has my mother being her kids "adopted" grandmother at a Thanksgiving event at their school tomorrow.
Wendy, you are really getting more than adept at that coughing hiit! It's time to give it a rest. Are you cooking the main part of the dinner on Thursday? What dishes are you making? I am going to have to be the queen of modifiers for this new series, but I'm willing to own that tiara.
Deb, you are so right about how hard it is at times with some family members. The chair cardio this morning was different but good. I put on ankle weights, which was a dumb idea, and now my quads are really talking to me. I think you would really like her workouts. How many are you hosting for Thanksgiving?
Did JS chair cardio, which was harder than I anticipated, and that's good. Got in one of her 30 min YT dance walks also. Been enjoying far too many holiday goodies already. TG I've managed to get workouts in, otherwise I would not feel the least bit nice about myself.
Did you see the new series has an anticipated shipping date of 12.8?
Cookie

Hi guys. Just finished my workout for tonight. Gym Styles Chest and Triceps. I think I will do the gym styles one more week, unless the new series is delivered before then, ;).Not much else to report. I am dying for it to be Wednesday evening already, lol. I bought the firewalker loops (two of mine broke, the green and blue). They are on sale for $6.

Cookie- I am lucky to have my parents nearby. They live five minutes away. I would hate it if they moved to Florida or somewhere far. Now that I've read your post. . . I guess I will be doing Gym Styles next week, lol. I cannot wait for the new dvds. One arm burpees, that is correct. Only without the push-up part of it. It is in the Plyo hiit preview (forget if it's one or two).

Belinda- What does JS stand for? I hear there will be another Insanity or T25 (30?) coming out.

Deb- I hope you mean a long weekend off, right? Working in stores this weekend is not going to be fun. I remember when I was a cashier for Pergament (like a Home Depot), I would hate the weekend after Thanksgiving. I cannot wait until next week when we get our tree though! That is always fun.

Wendy- I do workout with a cough, but only if I feel good otherwise (not lethargic, no sore throat). Sometimes when I workout with a cold, the cold goes away faster (I swear). There was one or two times that it got worse though. Both times I pushed myself even though I was tired. . . Normally I do weight workouts until I can handle cardio.

Waving hello to Amelia.

Hi,

I did a short yoga routine & some walking lunges tonight. It felt good to stretch during yoga. I did get a lot of steps in today. Ugh, on the snow leading to the holiday!! Couldn't it be Friday, not that the stores would like that.

Belinda - Great job with your workouts. I'm sure it will go on sale if not now maybe for the New Year.

Kristin - Yes I meant off, couldn't imagine working this weekend (just computer work). I remember that store, I remember my family always talking about it. I guess once Home Depot came that was the end of it for them.

Wendy - Knock on wood, I haven't had a cough in a while. I would think it would be hard to do cardio.

Cookie - I didn't see the date, that's soon. I have about 6-8 people coming not too many. I can't wait to make & enjoy some holiday cookies but that will be last on my list;)

Waves hi to Amelia & Jessica

Good morning,

Today I will do SBF Upper/Core + Weights = 20 min + Shoulder 2 = 10 min. I also will do Jessica Smith Low Impact Quit Cardio = 30 min. Not sure, if I do any extras?

This morning I am getting the second round of my root canal. That should be interesting. LOL!

Cookie - Mary will have a Big Sale this week, hopefully this one will be on it? I doubt it, lol. The cheapest I seen it was around $80. Still to much money for what you get, JMO! I couldn't agree with your more on Jessica's rotations. Love, love, love everything she puts out. And I don't feel wiped out. Worked out, but not wiped out.

Kirstin - JS stands for Jessica Smith:D I saw it on FB Insanity or T25 yesterday. I didn't like the original Insanity, not sure if I am interested in the 30 min one?

Debbie - Mary just had Baladea on sale last week. It was around $80. I don't like spending so much money on only 7 dvd's. They good but nothing I haven't seen. Maybe Mary will have it on sale this week?

Wendy - depending on how you feel? Do what feels right for you. Hope you feel better.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Good morning,

I had my 2nd root canal this morning. I am forced to take a rest day, doctors orders:) The doc wants me to take it easy for the next 2 day's, we see about that, lol. I also have an infection on my gum lines, go figure! The doc said it's from the root canal, dah?

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow.

Have a great workout, everyone!

Hey girls,

Beachbody is having a Holiday sale. Here is the list:

P.S. I placed my order, lol!

Last edited:
Hi,

Crazy day today but after tomorrow I'll feel good:) I did almost 18,000 steps today. Tonight I did a couple of segments from 30 day butt lift.

Ok, now let's talk SNOW . . . grrrr it's too soono_O We are expecting 4-8 inches, I'm planning on working a 1/2 day & stop at the food store after, hopefully it will work out. Hopefully tomorrow's workout will not be shovelmax.

Belinda - Thank you for getting us the info. The prices are really good & lots are sold out. The sales all over seem really good. I was at Costco tonight and saw so many people buying TVs they are very reasonable.

Kristin - Maybe you will have off with the boy's tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Waves hi to everyone & safe travels

Good morning,

Today I will play catch up, I hope?

Debbie - Costco usually has good prices on TV's on Black Friday. I got my hands on a few sets at BB, lol.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hi,

The snow wasn't too bad about 4 inches just really messy! I worked a little longer than I wanted and started cooking when I came home. I couldn't get a workout in today:( I will catch up after the holiday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Belinda - I hope you were able to catch up;) I hope I do too!

Waves hi to everyone, enjoy the holiday & eat dessert:)

Goodnight

HAPPY THANKSGIVING LADIES AND TO YOUR FAMILY'S!

Not sure, what I will do today? Haven't looked at my calendar yet? Yesterday I played catch up with Jessica Smith (everything was low impact) and SBF LB barre workout (also low impact).

Debbie - I did…did you? LOL!

I will be back after my workout. Have fun today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I just did Afterburn single rounds premix and then added on X10 low impact (because I had more time to workout than I anticipated). I also walked Baxter in the freezing cold this morning for one hour. I am going to eat and drink whatever I want today!

Enjoy!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.