Commit to Get Fit & Lean for November 2014

Hi Ladies!

WORKOUT FAIL WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY and tonight is looking DOUBTFUL. GAH. Wednesday I was just exhausted. Last night I had Writer's Group and didn't get home until 9:30. Well tonight is Friday night and I'm never in the mood to workout Friday night so I will try to hit the weekend hard to get some in.

Debbie-I don't have the new Kelly's but the more I hear people talk about them I WANT THEM.

Belinda-I must have sent you all the rain because we had sun today. Oops. ;-)

Kristin-UGH I hate work situations like that!! I'm getting excited for the new workouts, too. I'm trying to do HIIT once a week in preparation. WHOOO HOOOO!

Amelia-I think Chisel & Burn sounds really good. Sounds like it toasted you!! :)

:) Wendy

Hey girls, I wanted to do some personals before work.

Wendy- Hope you have a good weekend with your workouts! Chisel and Burn was fun, it gave me a nice 'shakey feeling' towards the end. I love Jessica Smith...she's not as challenging as Cathe though. One day I will work my up to cathe again.

Debbie-Great job with your yoga workout. I did JS barre yesterday and it was kinda tough, I was shaking towards the end, im so out of shape though:eek: I too get glossy eyed while cutting up onions, at work we have to do it almost daily.

Belinda-How did you like Dance Party? I loved the music and Jessica was so funny. I'm looking forward to todays workout, rise and shine. I may do a cathe step too just because of my bad eating latelyo_O

Kristin-When do the new workouts arrive? I bet your super excited to try them.

Cookie-Yes, the chisel and burn was very fun and challenging. I too had some wrist pain after doing all those planks. I had a hard time with the negative push-ups too, im sure it was because my arms where already tired form work. My job is a workout in itselfo_O

ok, gotta get ready for a crazy Saturday, its always so busy on the weekends. Ugh. Have a great day

'Morning!
  • Belinda, that's terrific that you are seeing such great results from low impact and barre. Not sure if is this season of my life or what but the lower impact is definitely agreeing with me. However, I do need wts for my upper body. Right now, Jessica's are definitely agreeing with me.
  • Amelia, not sure why I suddenly have bulleted comments, but oh well! I'll bet your job is a workout. Wonder if the tear ducts will eventually to tear up so much with onions? That chisel and burn was tough! Congrats on making it thru and doing so many of the workouts. Were you doubling up?
  • Kristin, and then those same colleagues complain that their students aren't paying attention in class! Very frustrating! I'm planning on getting a long walk with the dogs in today and tomorrow. They sorely need it. One of them has a sore patch, so I'm guessing a vet visit will be in order soon.
  • Jessica, where are you? How all is well.
  • Wendy, are your weekends generally quieter than Monday - Friday? Not sure why but KCM just doesn't click with me, and it bugs me that I can't figure out why. I have some of her older ones and like step-boxing the best.
  • Deb, it can be challenging to figure out new programs. My wrists are weak. It's pitiful. Have injured them a few times in accidents. I despise when I have to ask dh to open jars for me, but sometimes they just seem to lose strength. Is this a sauce weekend?
  • Hockey game last night. Good game, just poor scoring from my team. Oh well, tonight's another night. Have to run a few errands and start exploring flooring options for upstairs bedrooms. We are going to replace the carpeting (after years of the boys!!!). I would like to have it done before Christmas but I think it is more likely going to extend for a lot longer. My dh is wonderful but mañana is his favorite word. Also meeting my mom to take her out to dinner for her birthday, which was yesterday. Geesh, I had better get going. Okay, I'm going downstairs to do JS's rise and shine and fusion walk right now!
  • Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do SBF Active Stretch (TB) = 20 min + JM D8 Rise + Shine = 25 min and DVD : Fusion Walk = 30 min.

Cookie - you use your body weight with Barre workouts. I get enough weight workouts with Barre, lol. I agree, Low impact is agreeing with me too. The scale is going in the right direction, lol. I know, I didn't lose any strength with barre workouts. With JS Chisel and burn workout I used 10's like Jessica, next time I need to use 15's.

Amelia - I love that one too. I done this one a few times now. Alway fun.

Hi Kirstin and Debbie.

I will be back later.

Workout done. I did Rockout Knockout. I always burn out by the time we get to the third segment, kickbox combos. My kicks are pathetic by then, lol. Spent my morning walking the dog, cooking breakfast and cleaning. Fun, fun, fun over here.

Cookie- I had the same thought. They behaved like the students they complain about all the time. It really pissed me off, especially the science teacher on his laptop. . . having the gall to ask me for my PowerPoint. WTH?

Belinda- maybe I should do Turbo Barre tomorrow? I need something. The scale is not moving for me. Of course, if I stopped eating the Halloween candy. . . that might help.

Amelia- there is no confirmed date for the new workouts yet. I am hoping for the end of the month. We shall see.

Wendy- I need to build up myself for these new workouts. The Hiit scares me a little because I get tired from them and then u

Deb-Glad your like the Pyramid bonus. It's a little hidden gem ;)

Okay, making a pork roast for dinner, so I need to get to the cooking. BB tomorrow.

Kristin

Good evening,

I did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post.

Kirstin - Suzanne Bowen does a lot of planks, they are in every one of her workouts. I can hold planks until the cows come home, lol! Aleisa said, Suzanne is plank and push ups happy, lol! I do all on my toes too. Barre changed my body like no other workouts. You have to stick with Barre in order to see changes. Good job today.

DH and I went to a Art and Craft show, which took us a few hours.It was 25 different places , it was spread out through our city and near by ones. We went to places we didn't know it existed, lol. They had a lot of nice stuff, but way to much money for my wallet. We went to a farm, her husband is a blacksmith. He had lots of nice stuff. Thinking about him making me a a fireplace stand. They also sold organic, free range turkeys and lamb. It was nice to see the turkeys and lamb walking around free. I ordered my turkey for Thanksgiving already, all we need to do is pick it up the day before TG. That's out of the way. The lady cooked and had turkey out for people to try, it was so yummy! Of course, I made myself a little turkey sandwich.

Good night, everyone!

Hi,

I did JS barre workout from you-tube but I need to get a cable to hook up to the TV because I need to view on my ipad. DH & I went out last night so tried to be good with my eating today. It was so cold today I guess it was a taste of winter but TG no snow!

Belinda - Your Art & Craft show sounded like a lot of fun. I bet your turkey will be yummy! DS thinks the eggs from the farmer's market taste so much better than the store eggs, I can't tell the difference.

Kristin - Ugh, I need to get some cleaning in tomorrow. Your dinner sounds good!

Amelia - I didn't realize you have to prepare the food, just assumed you just serve it. The stores around here are busy Saturday but Sundays are really bad & I go on that day:confused: more for my MIL.

Wendy - Don't worry about the workouts you'll just be that more rested.

Cookie - I saw the bullets, just thought you were being fancy . . . I like them. Next week is a sauce week FL extended the time:) We need to pull carpets in the bedroom esp. boy's rooms. There is finished hardwood floors underneath but feel like the rooms will be cold in the winter, but it would be the easier/cost efficient way to go.

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, your arts & craft fair sounds really interesting. I would like something like that. I'll bet that was a great tasting sandwich. You must have great core strength. Terrific on your barre results. I'm finding the lower impact workouts are working well for me, and I also love barre.
Amelia, weekends in the store must be the worst! Wondering if after working all day around food and people, if you cook when you get home. I can imagine I wouldn't want to. I'm going down to do the rise & shine wo in a few minutes. You're ahead of me.
Wendy, I love and agree w/Deb's comment that you'll be more rested. Football this weekend?
Kristin, some presenters aren't sharing ppt any more but proving handouts of the main info. I'm thinking it is partly because folks reuse other's ppt work. Do you think guys in education often get away with more b/c they are male? I like the round out knock out workout, particularly for my abs and upper body. I do it on the rebounder and get lots of steps!
Deb, I'm going to do some precooking of food for the week later today. Otherwise, I find I just don't get the time during the week to make the kind of dinners I like and something gets wasted. Doing it on Sundays makes me feel like I'm getting ahead and ready for the week. Of course, if I planned out my clothes in advance that would really help me get out the door in the morning!
Dinner at my mom's favorite restaurant was absolutely delicious. Had a chicken dish w/hot sausage, mushrooms, squash, and peppers. Have half for dinner later. Since I didn't eat my pasta, dh plans on that today w/a side of meatballs we bought to take home. He had a dish w/veal, and he cleaned that plate. Had also made her cookies from her aunt's recipe that she has always loved, and then took her shopping for more yarn. A low-key celebration but one Mom enjoyed. And then we went to our hockey game, which our team won in the final 18 seconds. Exciting! Okay, off to get a workout in, then lots and lots of paperwork, and hopefully a long dog walk in, along with cooking and cleaning.
Cookie

Workout done. I did CF plyo tabata premix and then butts and guts, standing legs and abs premix. I had to substitute with stability ball abs with the regular abs routine on that one, because I still have not replaced my ball that Baxter broke. I think I will get a new one this week.

Cookie- I gave out a packet of information, so I felt that was enough. I worked very hard on the pp and this guy is such a sleazoid, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to use it himself. It's funny you mention male teachers getting away with more. I was naïve to think that sexism wouldn't exist in education when I first started teaching. After all, teaching is typically a "female profession." Still, it exists. I have a female principal, a female superintendent and yet the men get away with so much. It is ridiculous. You wouldn't believe half the stories, or maybe you would. Ugh!

Belinda- my goal is to lift heavy this month and do more Hiit type workouts to get ready for the new series. I am also trying to get my eating under control. With the holidays approaching, I am not sure how that will work, lol.

Deb- dinner was delicious, so much so I had seconds. I need to get myself under control, lol.

Waving hello to Wendy and Amelia!

Kristin

Hi,

Today I did Power Hour. I was rushing to get in the car & banged my knee so hard on the dashboard, ouch:oops:! I been icing it a bit, hopefully it doesn't effect my workouts.

Belinda - You must have done a lot of walking at the fair.

Kristin - You did a lot of workouts today:)

Cookie - What a beautiful day you spent with your Mom, the dinners sounded awesome & the cookies were the icing on the cake:) Tomorrow I'm going to make a meatloaf in the slow cooker (never tried that). As far as the clothes since I mostly need to wear black it does make it easier but taking them out the night before would be even better.

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Belinda, just wondering if you made Christmas purchases at the fair. I did stride & step this morning and thought of you and Amelia.
Amelia, my legs are talking to me from the step. I stupidly left the risers underneath and it was 8". Guess I was tired when I started and not paying attention. Did she say how high hers was?
Jessica, hope all is well. Thinking of you.
Kristin, I despise the abs on pyramid! You are ABSolutely amazing for doing them. That is a killer. Nope, I'm afraid of them. Sometimes I see stability balls at Marshalls, and they are rather inexpensive there. It amazes me that in education guys are seen as almost to be revered.
Wendy, is KCM doing something different in her newer workouts? What am I missing?
Deb, thanks. Mom did seem pretty happy. Hope your leg is okay. I banged mine yesterday on a file drawer that my dh left open. For some reason, he leaves cabinet doors and drawers open and forgets to close them. You would think after all these years, I would be accustomed to it. I tell him when I end up in ER for something, they will think I'm abused.
Did a 9 mile walk w/dogs yesterday, and slept well! Did JS stride & strength and did some extra bouncing on rebounder.
Have a great day.
Cookie

Good morning,

I am in Washington DC visiting my kids. Yesterday my DD and I went to DC for cooking convention at the National Convention Center. We saw Bobby Flay. We had so much fun. Today is my husbands birthday.

Today I will do SBF and JS workouts. I will post my workouts later.

Nice job on your workouts, everyone.

JS Challenge Day 8 & 10 done. Rise and shine and stride and strength. I've been doubling them up so I don't have to workout everyday :cool:

BBL with personals. Gotta go to a bridal shower...on my day off....just saying, blah

Hi everyone. Today's workout was Gym Style Chest and Triceps. My arms are screaming as I type this, lol. I also added CF Low impact tabata premix, which I did before GS. I am off, technically, from work tomorrow, but I have 148 essays to grade now, so I will be chained to my desk grading, lol. I do plan on getting PRS 2 in tomorrow.

Amelia- I am not a fan of bridal showers, so I feel your pain, lol. Nice job with the workouts.

Belinda- enjoy your visit with your kids. I saw the pics of you and your DD with Bobby Flay, very cool :cool:.

Cookie- I need to just order a new ball on amazon or something. Maybe I'll just suck it up and go to Modell's this week. I need the ball. I wanted to do Xtrain weights this week, but the first two workouts require the ball, so . . . Plus, Legs and Glutes, Butts and Gutts floor, and so on. I need to get the stupid ball, lol.

Deb- speaking of cold and snow. . . the forecast is calling for snow for LI on Thursday night into Friday. No accumulations, but still. .. I'm not ready for this yet, lol.

Waving hello to Wendy.

Kristin

Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today. My older ds's gf was in a really bad car accident she was hit head-on after the other driver crossed a double line. We're guessing he was probably texting, so sad:(. She is ok bruised and a couple of cuts but the hospital let her go home.

Belinda - Happy Birthday to your DH!! I love Bobby Flay's cooking that must have been so fun. I make a spread for turkey (butter, roasted garlic & sage) that he had on his show every Thanksgiving.

Kristin - I know last winter still seems fresh in my mind so not looking forward to an early snow. Maybe we'll be ready in January:confused:

Amelia - I like your idea of doubling up, may have to try that:)

Cookie - I can just imagine the words you are saying under your breath when you bang into a draw or door;) My leg is still swollen. Great job with your walk.

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Belinda, oooh, I'm jealous! The convention must be a lot of fun. Extra special to do it with your dd.
Amelia, feeling your pain on the shower. On your day off, makes it even more painful. Great job keeping up your workouts. I have the stability ball and stride & strength work outs on tap for today.
Kristin, your day "off" sounds like mine will be, working on an all day presentation for Saturday. Plus, I really need to vacuum. I'm covering my ears b/c I don't want to hear any of that language you were using for the end of the week. I'm hoping denial and paying our dues with last winter will take care of this year.
Wendy, how are you doing?
Deb, the poor girl! TG she's not injured more, but how frightening. Hope she takes time to rest, physically and emotionally. How's your leg?
Going to Veteran's memorial this morning and other than working out working on a work presentation for Saturday. May see if I can get the dogs in for a vet appt. They are scratching like crazy.
Cookie

Good afternoon,

I did SB UB and JM w/stability ball this morning. I am still keeping up with my workouts. We also went hiking this afternoon.

I have to get ready, DH has a surprise for me this evening? LOL!

Cookie - we did had a lot of fun at the Convention Center. It's always fun doing stuff with Aleisa. Keep us posted on your dog. Hope it's nothing serious.

Debbie - thank you!! I love Bobby Flay too. He made a chicken dinner and a vegetarian paella under 30 min. Aleisa and I will try to make it soon.

Kristin - Aleisa loves posting pictures on FB. I love visiting the kids. Of course, Aleisa loves to do everything I do. Good job on your workout.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Veterans Day, everyone.

Workout done. I did PRS 2. Also walked the dog this morning. I have a lot of papers to grade. I am procrastinating.

Belinda- a surprise?!?! Your husband is very good with the surprises. He should give my DH lessons, lol. Have fun.

Cookie- I am looking at this pile of papers and thinking about summer, lol.

Deb- how is your Ds's GF? That is scary!

BBL

Kristin

Hey girls, this morning I did the day 11 JS challenge workout, stability ball something. I had a hard time balancing some of those moves but got through it. I'm really loving the challenge so far:)

We're headed to the great smoky mountains tomorrow and will be back friday. I will talk to you guys then. Have a great rest of the week.

Hi,

After work today I took a hot yoga class. I rarely take classes after work but I did like it, just felt my legs shaking more. The stores were crowded looks like a lot of people are starting their Christmas shopping.

I didn't hear from ds or gf but I'm hoping no news is good news.

Belinda - What is the surprise?? The weather was beautiful here, I bet a great day for a hike!

Kristin - Wow, that is a lot of papers to grade. Wondering if I would want to be the 1st or last student you grade;)

Amelia - Have fun on your vacation in the mountains!

Cookie - I hope you enjoyed your day off & the dogs are ok. My leg is getting better only in certain positions does it hurt, TG no yoga moves today on our knees.

Waves hi to everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.