Commit to get Fit & Lean for January 2015

'Morning!
Belinda, I'm sure thankful we have our group here. Honestly, I swear you all help me keep not just my motivation for working out but also my sanity! I need to workout not only for my physical health, but to reduce stress. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy getting rid of things. Crazy, I know, but when I'm done, it is like a relief the weight of the goods is gone. I have far too much stuff as it is, so when something comes in, I get rid of that same number of objects. My mom gave me a nice sweater the other day, so before I put it away I had to select one to go in the donation box.
Kristin, congrats on the weight loss and results already from rwh. I smile whenever I watch the opening graphic with the screen being ripped. I did lower body circuit hiit this morning, and really think Cathe and crew did a great job with the sequencing of it. I also like the drop back curtsey lunges off the step, and the side lunges into the squats!!! Very, very few of our kids opt out of testing but I think that's b/c it is an urban district, and parents aren't so aware that they can do it. Unfortunately, the few that do tend to be the ones that would probably do better on the assessments than the others. Gosh, I do miss those days of w/my kids trying to do workouts with me. They were funny. One ds and I did abs for years together, even when he was in high school.
Deb, I sure hope you're feeling better. Nothing to do but drink water, rest, and see if you can get that Tamiflu. Hope it passes quickly.
Waving hi to Amelia and Wendy.
Woke up at 2:15 this morning! Did lower body circuit from rwh, and that should help me to sleep well tonight! Heard a good friend died on Monday from cancer. At least she's not suffering any more. Then a former colleague was killed in a car accident on her way to work yesterday. Realizing those two things probably affected my sleep. Life is so short.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do cardio and SBF. I think, I am also coming down with something. My stomach is rumbling? Took it easy yesterday.

Cookie - how are you doing? I am so sorry about your friend (((HUGS))) Yes, those things can affect your sleep.I am also so thankful for this group. Loving coming here. I so agree with you getting rid of thing. I need to do the same. For every idem I buy I need to get rid of something in my closet. I have no problem with the rest of the house? Just cloth? I do getting better not buying on impulse. I ask myself if I really need it? I mean, I still have way to many cloth but at least now I can see and have more room in my closet. I am still not done. Once I am done in my closet ( I have a walk in closet and it's huge), I will go through all the dvd's that the kids left and sitting on a shelf in my basement. I will donate all the ones they don't want to DVD's4Vets.com. We have a Vet clinic near by. A few month ago, I went through our garage. It looks really good now, before you couldn't park a car, lol. Remember we had stuff from the household shipment from TX and Germany. And also from Aleisa and my son. The only problem I am having right now, my son and his fiancé storing all their belonging in my house. I went through my son's room, his closet if cramped with stuff? WTH? I am trying to get rid of stuff and they bring more and more into my house?? Next time they come, they have to get rid of this stuff, lol. Unless, I go in there before they do, lol. I told my husband this needs to stop.

Debbie - Oh no! Get lots of rest. Hope you feel better soon.

Kirstin - that's my problem too. I had cloth they were way to big or way too small but I still had them in my closet? Some of my t-shirts my arms can't fit through them. My arms are not gonna get smaller, LOL> Doing STS really made my biceps's huge, lol. I don't like tight fitting cloth. I bought those shirts 2 years ago, lol. They still had tags on it. OH well! Some stuff I passed on Aleisa. Luckily she and I have the same taste in cloth. We usually go cloth shopping together, she only lets me buy stuff if she likes it:) I also gave those really cute yoga pans to my sons fiancé. I am still not done in my closet, I still have way to many cloth.

Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Last edited:
Hey girls,

Stomach still upset, I still worked out. I couldn't do a lot of jumping today, so no cardio. I did do Tracey Mallett Booty Barre Beginner & Beyond - Express workout = 35 min + Bonus : Floor abs & Thights = 15 min.

Cookie - how are you feeling after your surgery?

Kirstin - looks like Aleisa has a conference scheduled around the same time of the RT. Looks like we are not going to the RT this year.

Debbie - how are you feeling? Hope you get lots of rest and eat your chicken soup.

Have a good one, everyone.

WHERE HAS MY TIME GONE?

Hi all! :)

Finished last week with five workouts, yay! Scale hasn't moved but hey, I'm eating clean and working out, it will budge eventually...I HOPE! HA!!

Last night I did Slide & Glide cardio only. Man, those burpees kill me...

Before I go back and catch up, I did see your post about your brother Cookie. I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Okay now back to see what you all have been up to....

:) Wendy

Okay more:

Comments about social media are so interesting to me as an author. I have a facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter for my pen name. I connect with different readers with each of them. My most active account is Twitter and I have met so many people on it. On Instagram, I post mostly my food pics (I love to cook and am a foodie.) On Facebook I post book reviews and articles that mention my books, and hot men, and men that inspire my characters. So basically I'm all about the hot men and the food, HA! But I can see what Cathe is doing. It's hard to be so active on all fronts, and since she has a base here, I think like you all said, she's spending her so limited social media time on FB to reach a large audience at one time and develop new customers.

Belinda-UGH on stomach upset! There's a lot of that going around, too. BLECH!!! I can't believe you still worked out-you get a gold star for that!!

Kristin-You inspire me with your results! If only I could ever stick with a rotation...SIGH!

Cookie-How did the oral surgery go? I also saw you were up at 2:15AM. Are you keeping my insomniac hours now???? ;-)

Debbie-NOOOOOOOOOOO FLU!!! :-( I hope you feel better soon.

Waves to Amelia!!

Hey everyone! Just finished my workout. RWH LIHI, Back, shoulders, and biceps. My biceps are looking pumped, lol. Not much else to report.

Wendy- Slide and Glide is a good one. It starts out deceivingly easy, but builds up, especially when those burpees come up. Interesting about social media. I have facebook and instagram. I remember having MySpace years ago, lol.

Belinda- sorry to hear you are out for the RT. I am hoping I will be able to log in the day of sign ups. My school's internet is not reliable.

Cookie- I am loving this series! It is helping me relieve the stress and the winter blues, lol. I was looking at my work calendar and happy to see that February is right around the corner. Cannot wait for the sun to be out longer and the warmer weather ;).

Deb- Hope you are resting and getting better!

Amelia, check in, chicka!

Kristin

Morning!
Belinda, when the kids came for Christmas, they were given a lot of their stuff in plastic boxes to either go thru right here or take with them! We were rather concerned about how they would feel about it, but I also felt like they just left us with stuff all over, and if they really cared about the stuff, they would have asked about items or taken it. Think they were actually relieved that it was weeded down and in a more compact space. We threw out tons of old school papers they left behind and donated of lots of clothing they left. I felt like they were using us as a storage facility. Left side of my mouth is still quite sensitive, but I'm trying to ignore it! Thanks for asking.
Amelia, did you forget us?
Kristin, oh yeah, I have folks telling me every day how many days til Feb break! We have a parent night this evening. It is hard to get our parents to come and w/this cold weather it will be a bigger challenge. I wish more parents and community realized how much time is spent assessment related to evaluation scoring. We're doing benchmark and progress monitoring, plus the midpoint for local measure. Student melt downs and teachers in tears.
Wendy, nice job on all those workouts. I'm a chronic insomniac and hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Working out eases it a bit but not enough. My under eye circles are like black holes, and who ever create a concealer that would really help me should win a Nobel Prize. Thanks for the thoughts on my brother. We're actually quite close. His prognosis is not good, esp since this is his third go around with it.
Deb, you must be suffering. Hope you're on the mend soon. Sending you healing vibes.
Sorry have to run to work.
Cookie

Morning girs,

I've got about 15 minutes to update you guys on my exercise before i start to get ready for work
Monday -30 min hike ( its in the 60s here, just for a few days though so were taking advantage of it)
Tuesday-Jessica smith walking youtube
Wednesday-30 minute hike

I found an elliptical and plan on ordering it in the next week or so. I'm so excited to be finally getting one. Its not an expensive one but its got really good reviews. It's this one...check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think!

Ok, I know this is a completely self absorbed post and I'm sorry for the lack of personals. But I've got to share something with you guys. Monday i decided to start Atkins ( it goes against everything I've learned about weight loss.) Right now I'm in the induction phase and its very strict, only eating 20 net carbs a day o_O. After 14 days I can bump it up and start adding more things.
Lets just say that I'm getting tired of looking at meat, cheese, eggs and veggies at this point.

ok, gotta get ready for work. I hope everybody is doing well. I will come back before I go to sleep with personals and read through the thread <3

Good morning,

I think the ginger/lemon water helped :D I feel much better today. Thank guys!

I just did XT CBS = 51 and 10 min core. Getting ready to do SBF workout (?).

Cookie - that's how I feel about my son and his fiancé s stuff. OMG, I feel the same they use us as their storage facility too:) Hope you feel 100% soon again. I have an appointment tomorrow. My tooth, the one I had the root canal is still bordering me ? WTH? What happened to your brother? I went through all the posts, can't see anything? I am sorry if I missed something. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother (((HUGS))

Kirstin - keep my fingers crossed you get. Wished I could go, but I think DH and I will go somewhere in the RV. Maybe Florida? Glad you liking the new workouts.

Amelia - good job keeping up with your workouts. I will check out the link. I am excited for you. I thought about getting another elliptical, but I am trying to downsize my house. They do take up space. And my basement is full of exercise equipment already.

Debbie - how are you feeling?

Wendy - I am a nut when it comes to working out while being sick:p I worked out when I had a bad case of Vertigo a few years ago. I passed out a few times that's how bad I had Vertigo, that didn't stop me:D Nice job on your workouts.

I will be back this evening. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Workout is all done! I did RWH LI 2, Abs 2. tomorrow is a rest day and date night :). As I type this, my older DS is hysterical crying, because I punished him by putting him to bed. He was already punished and told he could not play video games today. Well, while I was doing my workout, he snuck video game playing in his room, then when I caught him red--handed, he LIED. The one thing I hate more than anything in the world is a freakin' liar!!! Now he is screaming, he doesn't want to go to bed. Oh well. Scream away! I might need wine later!

Cookie- now Cuomo wants tests to count for 50% of our eval!!!! I need a new job. I'm so done and defeated. What did a teacher do to him that he has this sick vendetta against us? I am hoping and praying that this corruption scandal turns out to involve him. Then he will have to go. Bring back Spitzer, lol.

Belinda- glad you are feeling better! You do get to go on great real RT in that RV!

Amelia- good job getting your workouts in. Good luck with the elliptical. I cannot look at the link now. gotta get the kids to bed.

Hi,

I slept about 40 hours of 48 hours hours the last 2 days. Today I woke up and felt so much better & am feeling better even tonight. Sleeping and fluids were key! My fever broke this morning and it made the difference too. Thanks for asking.

Belinda - I have a hard time getting rid of clothes too! I started Monday but didn't get very far. I don't like the way certain things fit & feel (itchy) and I still keep themo_O but I promised myself I would just donate them.

Kristin - Looks like their could be snow days in your future:) You deserve wine it's so hard not to cave.

Amelia - I have an inexpensive TM for a long time and it worked & still works fine sometimes the price doesn't matter.

Wendy - I was hoping you weren't able to catch my germs;)

Cookie - You are so good for getting rid of everything. I would probably come up with a ton of excuses as to why I didn't need to get rid of the old item for the new one:oops: So sorry about your friends, it really does make you think how short life is:(

Goodnight:)

Hey girls,

So yesterday I hopped on the total gym for 20 minutes and did some back & biceps and a little core. Not sure what I will do today.

Low carb still going good. yesterday
B-egg salad, 3 turkey sausage balls w/cheese, coffee
L-3 romaine wrapped turkey, cheese and avocado 'sandwiches
S-Parmesan crusted squash
S-cabbage w/ onions, and turkey sausage
2tbls of NPB for a little snack before bed, so yummy.

Debbie- So glad you are feeling better and got some rest. Glad your fever broke, did you have the flu?
Kristin- Oh no about your Ds, sounds like Dalton, my 9yr old. He's the same way when it comes to those video games, I allow him about an hour and a 1/2 after his homework but he still begs later in the day. Its a constant battle. Did you enjoy your wine?
Belinda-Sorry to hear you had tummy trouble the other day, but glad your feeling better.
Cookie-How have you been doing?
Wendy- Great job with your workouts. LOL at your comment about hot men and book

ok, bbl sorry to be so short but I gotta get ready for work.

Good morning,

I will do SBF and cardio today. I will report later what I did :) I have a dental appointment this morning. My tooth is still bordering me?

I have a confession to make :) Alesia, her BF and I are doing the 30 day Paelo Diet, we are in week 2 now. I didn't say anything, because I didn't know if I could do it :) I have never eating like this before, I mean that strictly. So far so good. I cut out ALL sugar, no dairy, no bread, starchy food and alcohol from my diet. I eat mostly vegetables, fresh fruits and lean meat ( you still have to count calories). I have no cravings since I cut out sweets :) I am eating super clean. I will continue to eat like this after the challenge except on day a week, I will have some complex carbs (like sweet potatoes, brown rice.) Eat only one piece of chocolate once a week, not like every day. DH is eating everything I eat, he still eats bread (sprouted) and dairy. I have a lot more energy.

Cookie - how are you doing?

Debbie - I am so happy you starting to feel better and all the sleep helped. I feel the same you on the cloth? I am doing better getting rid of things. I am still not done with my closet, I have way to many cloth.

Kirstin - nicely done with RWH LI 2 and Abs 2 yesterday. Enjoy your rest day and date night today.

Wendy - what are your plans today?

Amelia - why did chose the Atkins? Just curious? The elliptical looks great and has great reviews. I agree, price doesn't mean anything. I bought a really expensive one and had to return it. Didn't work.

I will be back later.

Hi ladies!!

Okay so yesterday I was "off" and the day before I did RWH Upper Body Circuit for the first time. Loved it, but man, I had to drop weights! Cathe goes so fast and there's no way I could do those moves with a heavy weight. So I used 8lbs and 5lbs. But still was sweating like mad!

I should workout tonight but I feel very low energy right now so probably not going to happen. ;-)

Belinda-I eat Primal (allowing myself cream in coffee, Greek yogurt, and cheese.) The plan really does work! I do eat one or two cheats during the week (pizza, cupcake, etc.) but this is the only plan that I successfully lost weight on. And it lowered my blood pressure, too. Yay!

Amelia-Good to see you and glad you are hitting the gym!!

Kristin-OMG I've had that same thing happen in my house with the same response...from DD and me, LOL!! Glad you stood firm!!!

Debbie-So glad you are feeling better YAY!!!!

Cookie-YES I HAVE THOSE SAME INSOMNIAC UNDER EYE CIRCLES and NOTHING covers them!!! If I find the holy grail of concealers I will let you know ASAP!!!!

Quick check in : I just did Amy Dixon Breathless Body. Holy Cow, that one was tough :D I also did SBF Lower Barre w/Ball = 25 min.

Wendy - once the 30 day is over, I will continue to eat this way but like you add a little cheese and once in a while have a piece of chocolate, I hardly eat pizza ( I don't like American pizza:p). WTG on your workout, girl!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hi,

I'm still not 100% coughing & achy but each day is better. DH might have caught it, I hope not. I tried to wipe down everything I touched but I'm sure with the windows closed germs are everywhere:oops: I did P90X3 yoga and it was felt so good to stretch today.

So the snow is coming hoping tomorrow isn't too bad:(

Belinda - I'm all for anything that gives you more energy & reduce cravings:) I hope your tooth feels better.

Amelia - The food you ate sounds so good, different too!

Wendy - The good thing if you miss Friday w/o you have the weekend to make-up.

Waves hi to Kristin & Cookie

'Morning!
Belinda, excited to hear how it goes w/you and primal. I've heard from some other good results. Right now think I'm going to sign up for sbf for a year at the end of this month, and then do that w/JS and Cathe. I'm loving her up and lb rwh circuits too much to give them up. Oh, and then the splits and hiits. I just like variety! I'm quite close to one of my brothers who was just diagnosed w/a third round of cancer. The prognosis is not good at all. We'll know more on Tuesday.
Amelia, I had to smile at you eating avocados - lately I'm on a real kick w/them. I love how creamy they are, and put them in a lot of dishes. No idea why I didn't like them as a kid. Like the sleek lines of your elliptical. Let us know how you like it. Some folks spend a bundle on things and never use them, and less expensive does not mean the same thing as cheap.
Kristin, wine is excellent for copying with children, husbands, life, and everything. I highly recommend it as a medicinal product. Cuomo isn't even acknowledging that less than 50% of teachers are evaluated w/state assessments. Wonder how he would do on a Common Core algebra assessment, let alone when they get around to creating one for statistics. Teachers helped to get him where he is, and I'm sure those who had a part are ruing it. Did you have your date night?
Wendy, nice job w/rwh. I'm really impressed with this series, and I was worried about doing it. Unfortunately, think I'm getting more anxious as I get older, and the two friends passing away, my brother and drama w/eldest son gets to me, so then I don't sleep. Once again I've been awake since about 2:30, and it's not even a work day! Been reading, and now am getting ready to do a workout. How long have you been eating primal?
Deb, glad you're feeling better. Your poor dh. Please take it easy, I've heard folks suffering for like a week w/the flu. I think better w/less things around, and so am constantly trying to declutter. Unfortunately, dh continues to accumulate things, and the kids have left me decades of stuff. So I have plenty to keep me busy! Hope you're resting this weekend.
Like lots of folks, we're dealing w/a lot of ice, and our driveway is bad. Only part of it is paved, the section in front of the house. It has curves and banks in one direction, then another. Well, not only have we slipped getting walking to/from vehicles, but it has been a challenge to drive on this year. I've repeatedly suggested we get a sand truck to come but dh has flat out refused. It's too cold for rock salt to be effective, and we can only break up some of the ice. Well, I went out on Thursday morning to go to work and there's sand! I was absolutely thrilled and delighted, and decided to be a thankful person and call dh immediately for thinking of our health and safety. After going on about it, he replies, "yeah, the oil company wouldn't deliver 'cause it was too icy." At least he knows we better have heat!
Baking, cleaning, paperwork, and a hockey game on the schedule for today. Fun, fun, fun. Now, off to figure out my workout.
Cookie

Good afternoon,

XT SuperCuts and Gaiam Restore strong knees is done. I still have SBF Strong Back for later.

Cookie - I will keep your brother in my thoughts and prayers, I am so sorry your brother has to go through is.((HUGS))) I like your workout plan. I also like variety! I do have to admit, I like Cathe's new workouts. I will not buy them, LOL! Maybe my friend lets me keep them a little longer, lol. I am trying hard not to buy or jump on any bandwagon this year. I really need to work through what I already own. Since I am trying to downsize, makes no sense to buy more:p

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better. Still take it easy, ok! Thanks about my tooth. She had to adjust my bite. Hopefully that will do it. She said it can take month before that tooth feels 100%.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

I will try to be back later or tonight.

Hi everyone. Yesterday was my rest day. We had our date night. It was nice to just have a meal with the two of us, lol. It feels like we don't any alone time these days. Today I did RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I had to lower my weights for chest this time, which is weird, I was able to lift heavier last time with good form. My arms were shaking too much, and I struggled to get the weight up there for bench presses. so I had to take the weight down a notch. Still feel I got a great workout in though. My arms are quivering. I added the bonus abs 1 to the end of it. This week starts my fourth week of the two month rotation. I am loving it so far. Shorter workouts are for me, lol. I am seeing good results too. I haven't lost more weight since the initial four pounds, but I am getting a lot of definition in my upper body, abs and legs. I cannot wait for the 2nd month, because it throws in the circuits, which I love from this series.

Belinda- nice job with supercuts and the other workout. I'm curious about the Paleo diet. Not sure I could do it myself because I am so picky. Changing things up with diet is the best way to get results sometimes though. I would have a hard time with not having a single cheat day for a month. I know it's only 30 days, but I don't think I could survive without pizza, lol. I love pizza. Have you had New York pizza? that might change the way you feel about American pizza, haha. Do you get Cathe live? If so, how do you like it?I am thinking about paying for it with my paypal account. I am a teacher seller on a website, and I make extra cash selling lesson plans and PowerPoints. I was thinking I can use that money to pay for the Cathe live and not even feel it financially, lol.

Cookie- I'm so sorry you are going through this with your brother. Hopefully you will get some good news on Tuesday. Don't lose hope.

Deb- glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I hope your husband doesn't get sick now. I don't know how it is for the rest of you ladies, but when I'm sick, it's like everything has to keep going (daily routine). When my DH has the sniffles. . . the world stops. He's a baby.

Wendy- I was more upset and angry about the lying than anything else. I cannot stand lying. Isn't the upper circuit workout excellent? I had to lower my weights too for some sections, especially the end with the tricep kickbacks. I couldn't keep the pace with the heavier weights, lol.

Amelia- we let DS play 1-2 hours a day. On most days between homework and baseball workouts, he has no time to play them. At school I call the Xbox the brain cell sucker, lol.

Okay, off to shower. We are having family movie night, watching Blended with some popcorn.

BB tomorrow.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I did Squeeze lower body. I'm feeling much better. DH did catch the flu, Kristin you hit the nail on the head about men & sons;)

I shoveled our walkway & the kids made a big snowman:) We had about 6-7 inches but it is melting quickly until the next storm Monday:rolleyes:

Belinda - Supercuts is a good one!

Kristin - I'm happy you were able to get your date night in:)

Cookie - It is so hard to understand why cancer hits so many people especially when it is our loved ones. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Waves hi to Amelia & Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.