Commit to get Fit & Lean for January 2015

Good morning,

Today is XT Legs premix #2 = 67 min and SBF Barre Fire 2 = 45 min.

Debbie- I have the Magic bullet and used it maybe twice? We suppose to get snow too. Arrr….
My tree is down and so are all my xmas decorations. DH and I did that yesterday after bfast.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Happy Monday!

Hi Ladies!

Oh my gosh, I THINK I am about done being sick!! Just a slight drip and cough now. Good lord that cold hung on!

I did my first workout of 2015 last night-Cathe's Yoga Relax.

I also had my publisher buy my next book sight unseen so that's a huge deal. :) So I have two hockey romances coming out in 2015, one in May and one in November. Whooo hoooo! :)

My resolutions! (I love resolutions and January by the way. I really do.) But they are:

*Workout 5/6 days a week
*Be consistent at check in
*Continue on Primal diet plan
*Pay down debt
*Continue to write more books

Kristin-I love your family game night idea!

Belinda-Please take down my tree for me, LOL!

Cookie-HUGE DOWNTON ABBEY FAN!!! I recorded it last night and will watch this week to catch up.

Amelia-Very good goals to have and glad to see you back!

Debbie-Was your husband the Cowboy fan? OMG that game was stressful!!!!!

:) Wendy

Plyo 1 plus abs 2 all done! That workout is a killer. I am on day four of eating better. . . craving pizza, lol. I am trying to hold off until Friday. We shall see if I make it. It was hard getting up early today. I just wanted to stay in bed. It is so cold, and only getting colder tomorrow.

Belinda- that is some workout, my friend. Will you be able to walk tomorrow? That is the question, lol. I find with the new series, my legs are sore all the time. I guess with the plyo and low impact hiit, and even the circuits, legs are constantly used, so my legs are kind of "shocked" by all the new workouts, hahaha.

Cookie- Cuomo's latest teacher comment. . . UGH!

Deb- those resolutioners will be out by the end of the month, lol. Hang in there!

Amelia- how's it going? Did you find an elliptical you like yet?

Okay, off to get dinner rolling.

Kristin

Good evening,

I forgot to mention I didn't do XT legs today, instead I did HiiT legs. Lots of familiar moves:oops: I did like the time line, under 45 min.

Wendy - like your plan! Glad you starting to feel better. You still have your tree up? LOL!

Kirstin - lol, my legs are super sore since last week. I think 21 Day Fix Cardio legs did it for me, lol. I like the new workouts but have to say nothing really new, except maybe 1 or 2 moves? Those moves I seen and down with Cindy Whitmarch. Didn't really noticed the music that much:D

Good night, everyone.

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class & felt so sleepy so did a fast paced walk around the indoor track for about 15-20 min. I thought about running but my hamstrings were really tighto_O I didn't get my tree down today went food shopping & to the bank & decided to put warmer comforter on our bed. It's a good thing too because the heat isn't working well. Ugh, my vacuum isn't working either.

Belinda - We are getting only about an inch or 2 of snow tomorrow but it is going to be really cold this week:eek: I think X-train w/barre work must be a good combo but you must have lots of DOMS.

Kristin - I could see how you are always sore with the new series:) I've been trying to eat right too but find myself so hungry.

Wendy - My husband was rooting for the cowboy's he thought they wouldn't pull it off but it was a great game. Hopefully now you will be done with sickness for the season. Like your resolutions & congrats on the book deal!

Keep warm Amelia & Cookie:)

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Today I will do XT CSB and SBF (?).

Debbie - sorry you having no luck with vacuum and heater. Hope you get it fixed soon. Good job on your walk/yoga.

Hallo to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

Hey ladies,

Both workouts are done! BTW, I am in week 6 of the XTrain rotation. Still loving it!

Have a wonderful day and workout,everyone.

Hi Ladies!

Last night was Low Impact Total Body Trisets Legs. Am feeling it today!

Belinda YES THE TREE IS STILL UP. And it shall remain that way until at least this weekend...HA!

Debbie-GAH to the vacuum and heater not working well! That Cowboys game was so hard to watch. We were all stressed, LOL!

:) Wendy

I also did Jessica Smith Walk on:21 Day Cardio Core walk. That was fun! It's snowing outside, needed the Miami sunshine, lol!

Wendy - LOL, about your tree.Good job on your leg workout today.

That is it for me today. One more thing…I ordered Hallo Fresh on Groupon and got my fist delivery the end of Dec. Last week DH and I been cooking those 3 meal. All I can say "YUMMY". I think if you get the deal on Groupon for $20 for 3 meals that is a great price. You do have to pay $1 for their subscription. You do have to cancel right away or they will sent you or try to sent you another box the next week for $69. I did canceled my order after the holiday's and got an email they canceled my order but I would get another box Jan 8:eek: I sent them an not so nice email, telling them I do not want another box and if they sent one on Jan 8 I will dispute it with my credit card. Ten min later I got an email, telling me they canceled my subscription. They also offered me a $10 off coupon for the future. The meals are all 30 min from start to finish. Love food. The only complaint it wasn't enough for my husband, he likes to eat. But you can download all the recipes online. I picked a few for this week, heck it's only 30 min. And they are so good! My favorite was the salmon with the panko crust. If you want the recipe and can't find it let me know. I will post it here.

Good night, ladies.

Hi everyone. Just finished RWH Lift it Hit it BSB. My biceps are so pumped right now, lol. Those finishers are killers, lol. I cheated on my food today. One cheat meal. . . dinner, two slices of delicious pepperoni pizza. I feel a little guilty, because I had four straight days of good eating and I felt better, but I was craving it.

Belinda- I never heard of Hallo Fresh. I'll have to do some research. I am always looking for quick, but tasty and healthy meals. I get sick of chicken all the time. Boring.

Deb- we got about an inch of snow here today. I wasn't even happy to see it, lol, and it was the first snow of the season. I am just dreading the idea of another awful winter. I am hoping it stays mild after this week. I took Baxter in the backyard, thinking he would get cold in 10 minutes and want to come back in, but he didn't seem to care, lol. Good thing I dressed in layers.

Wendy- LBTS is a tough one for the legs. Good stuff!

Waving hello to Cookie and Amelia!

Kristin

Hi,

I did Brooke Burke Strength workout that I just opened from Collage when they closed. It was good, not as hard as Cathe. I like having off, working tomorrow but the rest of the week off. It is great that Macy's has inventory this time of year!

Belinda - My DH & DS would have the same problem with the portions of the meals, they eat a lot:) I will check out the recipes. Great job with X-train.

Kristin - We had a couple of inches of snow, but it was cold. It's amazing how the dogs don't get cold. I feel boxers/bulldogs don't have a warm coat but it must not bother them. Maybe it's better to just get the cheat meal in so it's not on your mind all the time.

Wendy - I took my tree down but all the other decorations are still up, hopefully this weekend. The house looks so warm with all the decorations around.

Waves hi to Amelia & Cookie

'Morning!
Sorry for not checking in the past two days, but Monday was very hectic and yesterday I was suffering with a sinus infection.
Belinda, strain and barre does sound like a good combo. Since we can't even get the newspaper delivered here and streaming is extremely limited and bleary, I appreciate the info on the food but won't try it. I'm so frustrated w/trying to stream. We're going to switch providers for the internet satellite but were already warned it won't work for gaming, Netflix or streaming. Urgh.
Amelia, how's everything?
Kristin, I fell badly last night. Made chocolate pomegranate cookies to take to a pd I'm doing the rest of this week, and of course I didn't try just a taste of the batter. Finally gave up and went to bed at 8:20 w/a sinus headache and a stomach not enjoying the sugar. One of my dogs is just loving this weather. I often call her Nutcase. It was 6 degrees this morning! Beyond fed up with that guy. He's an obnoxious pontificating jerk. Think my trying out the new series one after the other, aggravated my piriformis. It is such a great series.
Wendy, glad you're finally feeling better. Lots of coughing all around me at work, and now my head is so stuffed up, but I'm drinking tons of water hoping to flush things out. Congrats on the books. Can't wait to read them. Good resolutions.
Deb, it's so aggravating when things don't work well, but you sure need heat right now. Hope it gets corrected quickly and inexpensively. Macy's inventory does come at a good time for you.
Did JS's stride & strength yesterday, and today was core walk and flat belly (or something like that) walk.
Cookie

Hey girls,

Sunday was a 30 minute power walk and yesterday I pulled out Kenpo X ( but put it on the 'cue only' option lol, tony can get a little too much for me) Not sure what I will do today.

Debbie- awesome workout girl. Great job! wow, two holes in your shoes after 6 months is some serious walking. I've got the scenes on one of my work shoes coming undone...gah, I hate buying new shoes for work.:eek:

Belinda- I need to go checkout that workout calender you purchased, it may help me remember what W/O I did. LOL. And lol at your comment about the vitamix...sounds like something I would do:rolleyes:

Cookie- I really need to check out those workouts by JS. I have two of her workouts but not the stride and stretch ( or is that the one on youtube? it sounds familiar) anyhoot great job on it. Oh and about Downtown Abbey, I have it on Netflix and thought about starting to watch it. Sounds like you really like it...so I may go ahead and start with season one tomorrow :D

Kristin - I started your personal with 'Kale' instead of Kristin LOL. I'm not quite up yet :rolleyes: but yes, about kale..we got the baby kale for our shakes and its a lot easier to mix up without all those bulky steams. Yesterday I had a chocolate protein powder shake for breakfast it was so good. I put 1tbs PB, steel cut oats (1/4c) ,kale, skim milk an ice...omg, it was so good and filling. Great job on your workout girl, ^5's I love yoga, but I have to do it when I'm alone or im falling all over the place.o_O

Did I miss anyone? I gotta get ready for work...gotta be there in 30 mins and I'm still in my PJ's LOL. Laters...

Good morning,

Today I will do SBF BC Barre = 25 min and Outer Thigh Target = 20 min (LB/Cardio) Not sure, what else I will do today? We shall see :)

Cookie - sorry about your sinus. Hope you feel better soon. Arr…about the streaming. I know it's frustrating!

Amelia - good job keeping up with your workouts. The calendar helps me to remember what workouts I did and for appointments. I also wright out my workouts for the week/month. Can you believe this….I almost bought another Vitamix:p DH walked away smiling! Don't you have to cook steel cut oats?

Debbie - glad you liked Brooke Burke Strength workout. I have to give that one a try one day. My workouts from Collage are still in shrink-wrap:( Enjoy your week off.

Kirstin - the recipes are very good and easy to make and they don't take a lot of time. Yesterday I made Italian sausage with peppers and polenta. DH loved it. I used a little more than the recipes called for, like I said DH likes to eat. Everything took me 30 min. I miss my walks with my dogs. Don't beat yourself up eating 2 slices of pizza. Just try get back on track. Once in awhile it won't hurt you:D

I will be back later. Happy Hump Day everyone.

Good evening,

This afternoon I did SBF BC Barre = 25 min and Outer Thigh Target = 20 min (LB/Cardio. I just finished LM combat. Off to the shower.

I will be back in the morning, Good night!

Hi everyone. Just finished my workout for tonight, LIHI legs. It burned the whole time. I think it was harder the second time. Maybe because I tried my best to match Cathe's weights? It is freezing over here.

Not much else to report. The terrorist attack in Paris is so depressing. I saw something on the Internet about it and then when I turned on the news they were showing the video footage of the cop that was unarmed with his hands up and they shot him. This world we live in. .. :(

Belinda- You are killing it with your workouts. I haven't walked Baxter in a few days. Dog is stir crazy today. . . just way too cold for both of us.

Amelia- I've never experimented like that with a protein shake. The most I've ever done is put 1/2 a banana with skim milk and protein powder. Maybe I will get adventurous this weekend, lol.

Cookie- those cookies sound amazing though! This series is fantastic. I am loving it. The shorter Hiit workouts are great, and I am seeing a difference in my body again. I am currently doing the two month rotation of straight RWH. Then I might do the one mixing LIS or Xtrain, not sure yet. The January rotation looks good too.

Deb- I think the cold doesn't bother my dog because, like Cookie's dog, he is a Nutso, lol. He is just a maniac. He runs around the whole yard like a speed demon, in circles. He is crazy.

Waving hello to Wendy!

Kristin

Hi,

I didn't get my workout in today, but decided to start doing a round of STS tomorrow. It was so cold today right now it's about 5 degrees. I'm sleeping with socks tonight:eek:

I'm going to pick my son's dog up for the day, hopefully it will warm up so I can take her for a walk.

Belinda - I still have shrink wrap on some of mine:confused: How do you like LM combat?

Kristin - That is terrible about the tragedy in Paris:( I love when the dogs run wild like that, always amazed they don't pull something LOL.

Amelia - Kenpo X that is a really good one, haven't done that one in a long time. I would rather buy sneakers than work shoes. Are you allowed to wear sneakers?

Wendy - I heard Christmas music when I was in the bakery getting bread. I guess someone forgot to change the CD or doesn't want to let go of the holiday:)

Cookie - I'm guessing it's in the negative #'s by you tonight:eek: My heat is holding up, the next couple of days should put it to the test. It's funny when it's this cold I get the urge to bake.

'Morning!
Belinda, you must have better internet service in your area than we do. We get aggravated that ours is pitiful, and there really isn't an option other than satellite, but at least now there are two different providers. During the week all our meals have to be 30 mins or less, so I do most prep on the weekends. I highly recommend the Vitamix. We even take it on vacation with us.
Amelia, I found a pair of BOC "Peggy" at TJ Maxx. They are not the most flattering looking, look like Dansko brand, but they are really comfortable. Keep up the great commitment.
Wendy, how are you doing?
Kristin, the new workouts are amazing! I need to look at the Jan rotation. Did lihi1 this morning and feel so invigorated. Plus, thankful I survived! Pet owners are advised to have pets outside for only short amounts of time. We have a two-hour delay due to temps. -9 when I got up, not sure what that is with the wind chill factor. It must be horrendous to not have heat or be without housing.
Deb, sometimes I use the cold as an excuse to bake. Lately, tho I'm trying to cut back, since I don't want to have the temptations. The chocolate pomegranate cookies were a huge hit yesterday, and they were gone really fast. Hope you're staying home today. Commuting on the train would be brutal with this weather.
LIHI1 done and survived. Since we have a delay, going back down to do a short and sweet yoga in a few minutes.
This evening is our work holiday celebration, which should be fun but a late night.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do XT Biceps and Triceps. SBF Stopwatch Planks 3 = 15 min + Shoulders = 10 min.

Cookie - we had a lot of problems with your internet too. DH called constantly, had people out and check. We pay way too much for the internet not working. I couldn't live without the internet. Lot of people in my neighbors work from home rather driving into DC every day. Maybe I need to look into the Vitamix again, lol. Four times is the charms, lol! You really like your VM, hah:)

Debbie - have fun with STS, it's an awesome program. I will try to work through other workout dvd's first before I start STS again. Plus DH works out with me every day, so we have to find something we both enjoy.

Kirstin - I can't believe on Sunday I took my jacket off, it was so hot outside. Every time I put my sneakers on my dogs think we are going for a walk. LOL! It's so cold here. it was "0" last night. We have a pellet stove in our basement, that's burning too. Our house if huge, it takes a lot to heat up. I do have the heater running upstairs and downstairs. Good job yesterday.

I have an appointment this morning. I will try to come back later. Have a great day and workout everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.