Commit to get Fit & Lean for January 2015

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy New Year!!

What did you do on New Years? DH and I went to our neighbors. We had a blast.

I will be back later today!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Hope you all had a safe and happy New Year 2015:D Can't believe it's already January! Time flies, doesn't it? What New Year Resolution did you make this year? I will try to work through all my giant workout dvd collection w/premixes. If the workout isn't for me, I will donate or give to someone that appreciate it. I also will do the same with the rest of my stuff that's been sitting around the house, that I never use. I will do better in not spending more money in workout dvd. Not sure, how that will work:p but I will will try. I want to try running again this year, I miss it. Eat heather and drink my water.

Today I will kick 2015 with RWH HiiT #1 I think.

I will go back and read yesterday's thread. I will be back later.

Today was a lazy day. My cousin left today with his fiance and baby. The house is quiet. I didn't feel motivated to do anything else but watch The Honeymooners marathon, lol. Tomorrow is the first day of getting serious. I will weigh myself, assess the damage, eat clean and next week I am starting the RWH 2 month rotation. I planned out the month of January. In the fourth week, we double up the hiit workouts. Plyo 2 with low impact 1, and then plyo 1 with li 2. Should be interesting.

I have a few resolutions this year. 1. Pay down my debt and cut up store credit cards. I will only carry my chase credit card in case of an emergency. 2. Have family game night at least 4 times a month. My boys are getting big so fast, I want to make sure I am spending quality time with them. 3. Get back into my size 4 (I am a6 now). and 4. STOP WORRYING!!!! I am a worry wart and all it does is give me stress and prevent me from enjoying my life.

I will catch up with personals tomorrow.

Kristin

Hi,

I did the #1 abs bonus on the new DVDs, I tend to skip abs liked the standing abs, also throw in some walking lunges. We went to my in-laws today and we ordered from a local pizza/italian place. We also watched 1/2 of "The Holiday". DH was looking for a comedy but I don't think it is but it's a cute story:) One more day of work in NYC and then very light work for January (happy dance).

Belinda - I didn't even remember to start a new month, thanks for doing it:) I also would love to organize my DVDs but my closets are in need of TLC;) maybe both?

Kristin - I like your game night idea! I also caught some of the Honeymooners today, such a classic, wish they would have made more.

Cookie - It's nice to have such long-lasting friendships and enjoy their company. Is the hotel closed for the season LOL?

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

Hey girls,

I've got about 7 mins before I have to leave for work.

On YR's we stayed home and watched that new years eve show thats on every year on ABC. Jenny McCarthy was one of the host. Anyways...DH and I both feel asleep around 11ish so we didn't quite make it. LOL

This year I plan on checking in here for at least three days a week and keeping myself accountable with my workouts. Of course one of my NY's resolutions is to lose weight and eat healthy and I plan on doing it. DH started his weight loss journey yesterday as well. We bought one of those Magic Bullets yesterday and plan on using it a lot. We love smoothies and protein shakes so I can't wait to experiment with it. We also pulled out the Total Gym and we have it ready to go in our bedroom for whenever we need it. I plan on buying an elliptical next month...have no idea where I'm going to put it...I guess in the living room?

ok, thats all for now. Great job on all your workouts. You girls are so inspiring...

Good morning,

I ended up taking it easy yesterday, I did went for a long walk with the dogs. My fitbit gave a 45 min active minutes, we walked at a good pace. I had very little sleep.

Today is another cardio, not sure what I will do? And I will do SBF which have have no clue yet? LOL. I got almost 10.5 hours sleep:D can't remember the last time I slept that long? Needed that sleep.

Kirstin - I was lazy yesterday too. Just didn't had it in me. I also like your game night, good idea. Kids grow up too fast.

Debbie - you are welcome! I was wondering why nobody started us of in Jan:D It's all good as long as somebody starts us off, right? Yeah, on the light work for January.

Amelia - like your plan for 2015:D Commitment is the key.

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang.

I will be back to report my workout. Have a great day,everyone.

Happy New Year!
Think I checked in yesterday in the old thread!
Belinda, thanks for starting us off. Great goals for the year. I've been thinking of getting back into running also. However, my piriformis is bothering me, so I'm holding off on it for now. It's really bad after doing great glutes this morning.
Amelia, love the commitment to checking in with us 3 times a week. Miss you when you're not here. Did you get a chance to check out Jessica's new set? I really do think you would like it.
Wendy, how are you feeling? Have the germs finally left your house for good?
Kristin, the game nights are a great idea. We watched movies every Sunday evening together. Our boys were way too competitive and to have enjoyable regular game nights. About the only game that worked was Sorry or Phase 10. I cringe thinking about Taboo, Monopoly and Risk.
Deb, hotel is closing tomorrow! I'll miss the dd but not all the ins and outs debris from the boys! Our boys tend to be noisy and messy, and I'm not used to it any more. But I sure do love them, and I do miss them when they're gone. We're on a five-year plan of downsizing and am continually working on cleaning out closets and basement. It will take me 5 years at least! Glad Jan. will be a lighter month for you.
Watched Rush Hour 2 and 3 yesterday, did 1 a few days ago, and boy Jackie Chan must have incredible core strength to do those jumps and moves! Today did JS's new tred and shed (or something like that), and great glutes. My goal for the year is to increase lean body mass and relax more. Like Jessica I'm a worrier, and it needs to get under control.
Cookie

Hi everyone. First workout of 2015 done. I did RWH LBC. I am starting the two month rotation on Monday. Instead of having 2 rest days, I am going to try and incorporate a yoga day (max or relax). I have 3 days left until I have to go back to work and I have a ton of essays to grade that I haven't even looked at. After I clean up I will get cracking with the paperwork. I weighed myself today. I am up ten pounds, yikes! I knew I had gained weight, but didn't want to face it. I have been pretty consistent with my workouts, so I know it's the food. I am going to eat better. No more sugar and fast food (no matter how convenient it is). No more crap. Every time I want to reach for junk I am going to drink water or green tea. That should do it, right?

I cut up my store credit cards today. I made my boys watch me and I explained why I was doing it. I told them that debt is a bad thing and I am going to get myself out of it, but I have to start with self control and that means getting rid of the cards. I am keeping my one chase card for emergencies only, but other than that, I am done. This year I will get out of debt and be happier for it.

Cookie- we play Uno and the boys love it. We just don't play it often. So I am thinking Friday/Saturday nights will be our game nights. Worrying. . . it does us no good. It probably causes us to hang on to belly fat too, lol (cortisol levels and all). I am going to let things go.

Deb- glad the workload is going to finally let up for you. I love the standing abs work. I am glad Cathe keeps bringing in new moves and exercises.

Belinda- I like your resolutions. I am going to drink more water too. I have drinking diet soda a lot lately, gotta stop that.

Amelia- glad to see you on here. We miss you. It would be great to have you check in at leadt 3 x a week. Ellipticals can take up room, but some fold up for easy storage. Do your research :). Home Shopping Network always has them on sale this time of year, and you will get a lot of info about the product from them.

Waving hello to Wendy!

Kristin

Good evening,

DH and I went out for lunch. I just got my workout in. I did 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio Fix, that one got my HR up. I was getting light headed right at the beginning :oops: had to take the intensity down a little. Besides that I had a great workout.

Cookie - did you get the dvd's or downloads? I agree Jackie Chan has incredible core, love watching him.

Kirstin - good for you cutting up your credit card. It's so easy to whip out the credit card and don't think about how much you really spent:rolleyes: Every time I go to the store, they want me to apply for another credit card:rolleyes: just to save 15%. Those cards can get you deeper and deeper into trouble, with their interest rates.

Good night ladies. I will be back tomorrow.

Hi,

Today I did LIHI chest, shoulders & tri's. I was checking out the premixes on the new DVDs so many choices love it! I finished up at NYC today the time went by so quickly.

Belinda - It's good that you caught up with sleep, the holidays are so tiring. How do you like the 21 day fix workouts?

Kristin - It was a good idea to cut the cc cards with the kids it is a great lesson for them. I remember when my kids were little they didn't undertand the concept of credit cards. I'm going to add lemon to warm water in the winter & cold because lately been wanting flavor & it does the trick.

Amelia - It should help that both you and your DH will be starting the journey together!

Cookie - It's funny how we miss them when they aren't here, but the messiness can be trying. I dread cleaning up and finding ds & gf's stuff all over:(

Wendy - I hope you and your family are feeling better.

Good morning,

Today I will do XT SuperCuts and SBF. I finished SBF challenge, her new one will start next week. This week is whatever I want to do.

Debbie - good job on LIHI chest, shoulders & trio's. Glad you enjoy the new series. Well, 21 DF was tougher than I though. Next time I have to be careful for my HR not to spike that hight at the beginning. It was tough. Puke status! I only done a few of the 21 day fix workouts, so far I like them. She is coming out with a new workouts this month.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

ood afternoon,

I am done with my workouts. DH and I love XT SuperCuts, fun workout.

I will be back later. Have a wonderful day and workout.

Hey everyone. Workout done! I did Hard Strikes plus core 1, which is pretty tough after you do the regular core work at the end of the cardio segment. My core is sore already. I have 1.5 days left of vacation. DH is taking down the tree as we speak, which always depresses me. Now it's just winter. . . no pretty trees lit up, no houses it up, no Christmas music :(, just cold. I cannot wait for summer, lol.

Belinda- I love Supercuts. It is really good and motivating, and moves fast. I like it better that the LIS AB or CS because everything is done only once. I like that because mentally I can push myself to do every rep hard. When I know there is another set of something (like in AB everything is double), I tend to go easy on the first set. That is why I like the double trouble premix for AB, you do everything once, and then repeat. I am able to mentally prepare myself to do every last rep with good form, speed, and so on. I love the chest pulls in SC, and the tricep work is killer.

Deb- when I was explaining why I was cutting the cards, my older DS asked, wait, don;t they just take the money out of your account? Isn't it your money? When I explained to him that it is a loan with interest (and what interest is) he got it. My younger DS didn't want me to cut the cards, lol. He thought I would get arrested, hahaha.

Cookie- I cannot believe I have to go back to work on Monday and I have a stack of essays to grade :(.

Okay, off to get started on my paperwork. Enjoy the day!

Kristin

'Evening!
Belinda, how's your foot doing these days? Also, your sinuses? Great job on the workouts, again!
Amelia, it is great that both you and your dh are on the journey together.
Wendy, how are you feeling?
Kristin, that was great to do and explain to your darlings. My kids used to think the stores gave us money when I would use an ATM card! I have a pile of work I've been putting off this break. How are the essays coming along?
Deb, sounds like you're feeling better. My triceps spoke to me for a couple of days after that one, but I loved the conversation.
We were supposed to go to a hockey game tonight, but it's freezing rain/snow right now, so we're skipping it. It's been a long day - had to leave at 6 am to bring dd back to college. Then came home to do recycling and grocery shopping. Since we're not going to the game, think I'll jump on the rebounder while listening to it.
Cookie

Morning, Can I just say how nice it feels to come on here and read the you guys miss me. I missed all of you too. <3

Yesterday I did a 30 min walk after work and my feet were killing me, I've got to get some new shoes. My work shoes seem to wear out after 3/4 months. Its kinda annoying...shoes are expensive.

So I got a magic bullet ya'll and I LOVE it. Kale is my new favorite green leafy right now. Its so filling and nutritious. I've been experimenting on a few things and love them all.

Tomorrow I plan on doing a more intense workout, not sure what yet...will pop in afterwards with an update. Dh has the total gym out and ready for his first workout tomorrow. He said he's working out every Mon/Wed/Friday. Think I will do the same until I get a good habit going.

Cookie- how did your rebounder workout go? And yes..im will definitely be looking into Jessica's new collection. I love her personality...

Kristin- Thanks for the heads up on the Elliptical info, i will do my research before choosing one. Great job on your workouts. And yes, I know what you mean with the Christmas decor gone...its kinda sad. I loved seeing the tree in the early morning with all the pretty lights. I told DH that we need buy a fake tree and just put white lights on it as a night light for the living room...I think that would be pretty.

Belinda-As usual..awesome job on your workouts! How have you been feeling? I know that last time I posted you had some sinus stuff going on. Im kinda sniffling right now...ugh

Debbie-What is LIHI? Must be a new Cathe? Great job on it! I bet your glad Christmas is over..I know im am. No more long 8 hour days of listening to Christmas music.

Hello to anyone I missed bb tomorrow

Good morning,

Today is a scheduled stretch day (SBF), not sure what I will do today. Went to Target and finally bought a workout calendar. I like the weekly/monthly planner, found a really nice, big one :p Last year I bought mine from Vera Bradley, love it. But couldn't find one at the outlets this year.

Cookie - thanks for asking:D as long as I don't do a lot of jumping, my feet are fine. How about you? Good for you staying home tonight, I wouldn't be sitting in cold, freezing in a hokey game.

Kirstin - yeah, on your upcoming vacation :D are you going anywhere? My tree is still up, but it's coming down today. I already started taking down most decorations. I'll be honest I never clicked with AB? Maybe I need to give it another try. I was surprised DH liked SuperCutes, since it moved so fast:p The push ups/sit ups are crazy on the end:oops: I did every one of them too. I really like the chest pulls with the band and triceps too. Got a nice burn. My legs are supers sore since yesterday?

Amelia - we missed you:D glad you are back! You can do this. I am so proud of you! Glad you like your bullet. I have one too, but hardly use it. I almost bought another Vitamix in Costco yesterday. That would have been #4, I alway's returned it:rolleyes: I think, I play around with the bullet first and if I still want a Vitamix I can get one this summer.

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang. BBL!

'Morning!
Belinda, I don't have a bullet but absolutely love, love, love my Vitamix! Used it just this morning to make a smoothie for my dh and myself. We use it more than we use the microwave. When my dh starts bugging me about something, I remind him the Vitamix could probably make him into bone meal. My kids when they were little thought bonemeal was made from actual bones! Finding the right calendar is really important; glad you found one that's perfect for you. I signed up for the two free trial days w/sbf but the ice is interfering with being able to stream. Ughhh. Yeah, glad we didn't go to the game in crummy weather. DH has gotten to the stage he's not crazy about driving at night anyway, plus when the weather is bad ...
Amelia, we're all in this together. Truthfully, I am so very thankful for this group - it would be so hard for me without everyone. Just a thought - have you considered a rebounder? You can walk, run, march, bounce, dance, and do a lot on it. Like my Vitamix, it is another love for me. I found mine at Salvation Army a few years ago, otherwise, I might not have thought to try one, and it has truly made a major difference for me working out. I'm able to modify higher-impact workouts that otherwise I wouldn't be able to do if it weren't for it. Plus, a lot of workouts you can do barefoot on it - no need for shoes! Over the years, we've accumulated a variety of exercise toys, but I've used the rebounder more in the past two years, than I have any of the others (Nordic Trac, treadmill, spin bike) combined. My eldest ds who suffers from bipolar and depression likes to use it when he visits, since he claims it helps to relax and calm him. I did JS's stride and stretch on her new one last night and loved it.
Kristin, ugh I have a long list of things I want to do to get ready for tomorrow. So far, only thing accomplished on the list is food prep and tote bag cleaning! Hope you're almost done with the essays. One of my resolutions for the new year is to get clothes ready for the week on Sunday. I tend to stick to a few favorites, almost like a uniform.
Wendy, hope you're feeling better. What do you have planned for the new year?
Deb, is today a sauce day? Did you get this ice/snow storm also?
We took down the tree and have packed away the decorations. I wanted to wait til Three Kings but dh had already started the process, and since he was willing to do most of it... I'm fine with it! Did an old FitPrime G Force with Tracy Long on the rebounder. Glad I pulled it out, since she kept reminding to land on your heels, b/c my tendency is to land on the balls of my feet. Had to shovel around around our cars, and that's another workout. It is a really heavy, wet mess. Hoping we can make it up the driveway to get the newspapers w/o having to get a sand truck in. The driveway is too long to shovel and sand ourselves.
Anyone excited about Downton Abbey resuming tonight?
Cookie

Yoga Relax all done. I think I might've told you that I am starting the 2 month RWH rotation on Monday. Instead of taking two rest days, I plan on doing one of Cathe's yoga dvds for one "rest day." I really needed a good stretch, especially in my lower body, where I have had perpetual DOMS since doing the new workouts. I cannot believe I am going to work tomorrow, lol. I am not ready whatsoever.

Cookie- I graded about 10 essays yesterday. Ridiculous. I just wasn't into it, and it wouldn't be fair to the kids to grade them when I wasn't focused. I am going to bang them out today and tomorrow and return them on Tuesday. That's my goal. I was planning on starting the Lyddie module tomorrow, but I think it't too heavy to start with after 2 weeks off. I am going to do grammar review and skills review this week and then start the module on Monday. BTW, I meant to say this to you when you posted about your son, I think when it comes to having a bipolar child, parents do tend to blame themselves or think they aren't good parents. I know my parents carry a lot of guilt with them. The truth is though, there is nothing they did or you did wrong. It is a mental illness. If only the person with the illness would recognize it, and take his/her meds, things would be much better. My sister is awful because she doesn't take meds. It is sad.

Belinda- We are planning on going to Disney again. I was even toying with the idea of staying with my cousin a few days, and then staying at Disney. We shall see. Try the double trouble premix with AB. You may like it better. I know I like it better that way.

Amelia- what workout did you decide on for today? I like Kale and rarely buy it/eat it. I only know how to make Kale chips. I need to try other things, lol.

Deb- how is your weekend going?

Waving hello to Wendy.

Kristin

Good evening,

DH and I went for a long walk with the dogs today.

Kirstin - good idea about the yoga. No plans for Disney this year, lol. You should stay with your sis and go to Disney. Thanks for the tip on double trouble premix with AB. I will give it a try soon.

Good night, ladies.

Hi,

Today I did Lift it Hit it back, bi's & shoulders yesterday was LIHI legs. I already feel myself getting sore. I wanted to take my tree down but will do it tomorrow instead. DH was watching his football team go to the next level of playoffs.

Yesterday we had unexpected snow but it melted today:) It was tough to drive in because the town wasn't expecting it either.

Belinda - For some strange reason I love getting a new calendar too! I don't put my workouts in it but I should. I have thought about getting Vitamix but I have the magic bullet but haven't used that either.

Kristin - Disney sounds like fun, I remember how much you loved it a few years back. I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow for the stretch too, just hoping not too many New Year Resolutioners:)

Amelia - You are motivating me to take out the magic bullet, I saw on a cooking show you could use it to make homemade salad dressings. On Friday I threw out my work shoes because there were 2 holes on the bottom toes & they were less than 6 months old:eek:

Cookie - I never saw Downtown Abbey but so many people love it. It looks like your snow/ice was worse than ours, as long as we don't repeat next year's weather! I still have one more sauce in the freeezer:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.