Commit to get FIT & Lean for April 2014!

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class. Just curious is the Jessica Smith's walking dvd used on the treadmill?

Belinda - The puppy went home but will take it on Tues. & Thurs. of this week as well, one more week for my in-laws dog. Which concert did you go to? Your workout choices always sound so interesting!

Amelia - I'll post a picture this week. I love to workout with new sneakers so comfortable. I just put new work shoes on today & my feet were killing me by the end of the day:confused: was wishing for my sneakers;)

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, I'm glad I didn't hear WV listed as getting tornadoes yesterday! OMG this weather is crazy. How was the concert? Who was it? No chance to rest or sightsee - just worked, talked, ate, and drank.
Amelia, awesome on getting in such great workouts! I really enjoy Jessica's, and they are not tough. Did the total body in 10 and whew! that got me good. How's your thinking evolving with the possible job change?
Kristen, wow you must have legs of steel after those workouts. It is easy for me to not focus on form doing floor work, not sure why. Maybe it is the high reps but I tend to start daydreaming.
Vicky, welcome back and sounds like you had a fabulous time. Good suggestions on curbing hunger in afternoon.
Deb, I'm w/Belinda and second going on the rt. Plus, that way you can tell us about it! Yeah, I'm selfish and admit it. It would be great if you could post a photo of the three of them, but it's probably hard to get them all together.
Decided to do JS's power walk this morning. This weekend is the long walk so trying to take it a bit easy. Have a great day.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will do P90X3 Dynamix before I leave to DC.

Cookie - the concert is tonight in Silver Springs MD. I am going to Zuccero, he is an Italian Blues/Rock singer. He is very famous in Europe. Been wanting to see him for years. DH got VIP tickets:eek: This is Zuccero and Pavarotti: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrBn2c6wj1I

Debbie - at least you get a break from the puppy:D Nice job on your yoga last night. I am going to Zuccero, he is in Italian singer. Very famous in Europa;) And we got VIP tickets. So excited. He sings with Sting, Joe Cocker, Andrea Bocelli, Paul Young, Andrea Bocelli and the list goes on.

I will check in later today, if not I will be back tomorrow morning.

Good Tuesday afternoon! Today I am doing Amy Bento Slo-Mo Legs. Those Jefferson squats are murder! I like this DVD, so I'd like to acquire some more Amy Bento workouts. Mondays are normally a rest day for me, but because my schedule was thrown off last week b/c of vaca, I did Slo-Mo Back & Chest yesterday. I normally allow 72 hours rest before working the same muscle group again, but I have to be at my daughter's dance recital rehearsal Thursday night, so I'm going to try to get in another upper body workout tomorrow (I'll do Slow & Heavy Bi's & Tri's to give my back & chest at least a little bit of a break).

Came home from my mom's on Sunday not only with my daughter, but with a dog, too! My father-in-law has cancer and has been undergoing chemo on-and-off since last July. He said that he couldn't care for his dog, Coastie, who he's had since he was a puppy, any longer. Coastie is a Jack Russell Terrier mix (maybe mixed with Rat Terrier?). He is 13 years old, but very spry. This whole thing came about b/c my daughter had requested that we bring our dog, Stella, with us when we picked her up. Stella is a chihuahua mix, and true to her breed, she doesn't like anyone except for her immediate family, and she doesn't like other dogs. Coastie is an outdoor, country dog, so when we got to my mom's, he greeted us immediately. I expected Stella to not get along with Coastie at all. But to my surprise, she wasn't bothered by him. I went inside to visit with my father-in-law (he can't really get around much because of the swelling in one of his legs), and I told him how surprised I was that Stella wasn't trying to fight with Coastie (my FIL gave him this name because he had been in the Coast Guard---my FIL, not the dog:p). He told me that he sadly couldn't take care of him anymore, and that none of his 3 adult children (who all live within minutes of him) would take care of Coastie for him. So without even thinking, I blurted out, "We'll take him!". My FIL was so relieved because he was considering taking him to the pound if he couldn't find a home for him. Over my dead body! (I'll take in just about any animal. I once found an infant southern flying squirrel and took him in. I had to freaking feed that thing with an itty, bitty syringe filled with milk replacement formula for puppies. We had him for about 9 months, until he was full-grown, then released him. We named him Monkey, and he was very popular with our friends. Very social and entertaining!). I had been thinking about getting another dog for a long time, since our dog, Fred, passed away last June. So far, Coastie has been enjoying his new "city" life. What irks me is that my mom wouldn't care for him, when she has two dogs of her own! She is such a dog snob. She wouldn't let sweet little Coastie into his own house! (My mom married my FIL a few years ago. He was a long-time neighbor, and she moved into his house with her pure-bred dogs). Well, my household isn't too good to adopt a mixed breed! (Fred was a dachshund/beagle mix, and I think Stella might be mixed with rat terrier). I'm very happy to be a 2-dog family again :D. Of course, it takes about 2 weeks for a dog to adapt to its new home, and for its true personality to come out, so I'll get back to you in two weeks :confused:.

Amelia---could you imagine a 3 minute plank? Holy Moly! Hmmm...maybe a new goal for me? Cathe adds planks to the end of one her her workouts, so it's harder to hold, but I wonder how long I could hold one if I'm not already exhausted? And good for you for doing cardio after weights. There was a Univ of Tokyo study that showed benefits from doing cardio after weights; however cardio before weights had a negative effect on muscle building. Kind of makes sense when you think about it. I have a Total Gym, too. We bought it many, many years ago. My husband still uses it. Yeah, if it came with a good dvd or two, I would use it, too. We bought it so long ago, I don't think that they had invented dvd's yet!

Debbie---I wish I could go on a Roadtrip! That would be so exciting! Hope you can go! And let me tell you, the birthday party Saturday night did nothing to help me start losing the Key West weight I gained! And Sunday wasn't much better :( I was so freaking tired on the drive to my mom's, that I stopped for a roll of Sweetarts--my fav! That would have been ok except that we stopped at Popeye's on the way home. I'd never eaten there until we got some chicken, fries, and biscuits at the Atlanta airport Friday night, and it was yummmmy! Two visits in one weekend :eek:. Thank goodness there aren't any near my home :p. And then get this, when we got home Sunday, one of my fellow Key West travelers and next-door neighbors left a box of Sweetarts in my mailbox as a surprise! And yes, I ate the whole damn thing that night, though I did share some with my daughter. I'm almost (but not quite!) glad that I had to go back to work yesterday so that I could get back onto my regular diet of overall healthy foods :rolleyes:

Kristin---I've heard nothing but good reviews from my friends about "The Other Woman". I want to see it!

Can't believe the pools here will be open in just a couple of weeks! We have four in our neighborhood, and I usually only go a few times in May/June and then I'm done! Too hot for me! Even the pool water isn't refreshing by July :(. I love the idea of summer, with school being out and my getting to sleep in on Tuesdays & Fridays, plus I love, love vacations, but the heat, humidity, and mosquitoes are brutal. I have to use mosquito repellant just to walk the dogs. If I slow down even for a second, they are all over me :mad: I saw a funny FB post this morning that read, "I wish mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood, then we could sit outside and eat donuts all day!" Love it!

Waving hi to everyone else!

Hi,

Today I struggled through Turbo Barre but happy I did it. The dogs didn't sit for very long today, maybe it was the rain will try on Thurs. for a photo shoot;)

Belinda - That sounds like an awesome concert!! Have Fun & let us know all about it:)

Kristin - Ugh, was it really cold by you today?

Cookie - Do you watch the Jessica dvd when you are on the treadmill?

Vickie - I hope you don't ever volunteer at an Animal Shelter;) I went to the pet store today & passed by the guinea pigs & almost wanted one:confused: meanwhile when my son's lasted 10 years it wasn't so! Sweetharts aren't too bad.

Amelia - Wondering if their are any books out there for Total Gym:confused:

Melissa - The kids are studying like crazy for finals, wondering if you are almost done.

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, how was the concert? Hope it was fab and a lot of fun. I like the clip I heard.
Amelia, wonder if Mens or Womens Health big book of exercises has a section on TG-type of exercises. You've been on a roll - good for you.
Kristin, ughhh - my binder is due today and I'm still working on it! Geesh, this thing is a major pain to put together. Good luck to your colleagues with math this week.
Vicky, terrific on taking home Coastie. A few years ago we took in a dog from my dad's fil when he could no longer care for it, and we all benefitted. You have a strong social network.
Deb, I should write notes since I remember you asking a question but I keep forgetting to answer it. We have lots of photos of one dog, some of two, but I think only one of all three. It is just so hard to get them altogether and facing the same way, unless folks are holding them, and Dixie is too big for that.
Worked on darn eval binder - now that's a pain-filled workout!
Cookie

Deb, I found your question. Her walk one is done on the floor. I do most of it on a rebounder tho for the fun of bouncing and less impact. Also gets my hr up good.
You would really like her personality.
Cookie

Hey girls,

I'm off work today :)eek:) and about to go hiking before the rain comes but first I wanted to share a few things.

So I weighed this morning and im down another 1.2 lbs so thats 10.4 lbs total.:D so happy to be losing. I know I shouldn't put so much emphasis on the scale but when you've got 30+lbs to lose, its kinda hard not too :eek:

So the Store Manager said something to me again yesterday about going over to the bakery to take over in June :confused: I have so much anxiety about it :eek: just not sure if I want all that stress in my life. But I guess I will take it since it will benefit my family :) Oh and another motivator is that my hubby said I can get me a newer car come January...so after I heard that I was like :eek::eek:

ok, now for that hike. I will bbl with personals

Hi everyone. Sorry to be MIA. I was busy the last few things. I am juggling the extra classes I am doing for the teacher center, peer coaching and teaching, plus DS started baseball a few weeks ago. . . it has been crazy. Sunday my workout was Kick Max. Yesterday and Monday were unexpected rest days. I felt spent today, so I forced myself to do at least yoga. I did Yoga max. I am going to try to kick it up a notch tomorrow and do AB or Flex Train. Friday will be a cardio, maybe party rockin' step 2, I love that workout. I was looking at Cathe's rotation, but I am thinking I might do something else. I am planning on starting T25 in a few weeks. I am thinking T25 in the morning, if I can manage to get up early enough and weights in the evening.

Anyway. . . I don't have time for personals. I have paperwork to finish. I promise I will be back tomorrow with a workout to report and personals.

Thank goodness Friday is almost here!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.