Commit to Get Fit and Lean - October

Morning,

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, wasn't feeling too good - just very tired :confused:.

Today will be something for an hour, not sure exactly what yet?

I decided last week to not weigh in for a while but I think I will peek at the scale one day this week..ive been doing pretty good lately. Im pleased with myself:)

Belinda-Heopfully the xray this week will give you more info on whats going on with your foot. I hope your chest is clearing up. Nice workouts girl

Cookie-Did you try one of the new leg workouts? How is your DH's back doing? I hope better..

Kristin- Great job on your workouts girl, 3-4 is awesome considering how busy you are. :) I too get frustrated when my kids leave there clothes on the floor, but in my case they tend to do it all over the house :confused: My little boy is so bad about this - he will take off his clothes in the living room before getting into the shower..?:rolleyes: and when I see him do this he giggles and runs into the bathroom grinning at me:mad::confused:

Melissa-Awesome job with slide & Glide..mmmm, I may do that one today. Glad to see you check in

Deb- How was the wedding? Did you take a lot of pics? Hope you had a great weekend :)

ok girls...I will be back later to report my workout.:)

25 mins of Cathe's slide and glide ( thanks to Melissa :D) + 45 mins of power walking with Leslie

Later gators...

'Evening!
Belinda, glad to "hear" in your voice that you're doing better. What's this with sts2?
Amelia, its great how we all influence each other for the good. I swear my sons are reptilian, they shed clothes like a snake does skin! Honestly, for years the only thing I noticed in other folks' houses was whether or not there were sock balls!
Melissa, you need that balance - glad you got to go with friends to the concert. And now you're influencing Amelia!
Kristin, isn't it crazy how we complain if we only work out 3/4 times a week when the vast majority of folks don't do it that much! Walking and playing with the dog and kids counts. I keep meaning to google that program you're going to turnkey and keep forgetting.
Deb, how was the wedding? Drive safe.
DH's back was worse yesterday so had to take him to er. Now he's on some pills and has to schedule pt. For years I've been telling him he needs to stretch, but ... Did xtrain bi and tris this morning. Yesterday did her new glute workout 62 min premix and then the low impact on x10. Great and so much fun. Tomorrow is flextrain, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Cookie

Hey everyone. Today's workout was LICh. It was a fun, In my living room, where I work out, I have laminate wood floors. The problem is, the step slides a bit on it. I put my yoga mat under it, but then I feel like my feet stick a bit when I go around the step. Do you guys have any other suggestions or solutions.

Work is getting harder and harder to enjoy. I am trying to stay positive. It is hard this year. I just don't think I can make it. I am already counting down to June. :(

Amelia- I thought my son was the only one who did that, lol. I swear my boys are not shy, lol. They think it is hysterical to shake their butts throughout the house before they go to the bathroom. Good workout today :).

Melissa- nice combo of workouts yesterday. I think I would feel better about work if I worked out more, lol. I need to get the stress released.

Belinda- I hate tha tI caved and turned the heat on, lol. Halloween is supposed to be warmer at least. What TB did you do today?

Waving hello to Cookie and Deb!

Kristin

Hi girls,

We're back from the wedding but I am so tired:( It felt like the longest weekend it was non-stop from the minute we arrived. Some stress but lots of laughs & fun.

I'll be back tomorrow to catch up with personals. Waves hi to everyone:)

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

Today I will do cardio (low impact);) Yesterday I got a call from my doc about the results on the chest x-ray, my chest is clear!:D I still coughing, but that is getting better too.

Cookie - I am sorry to hear you had to take your DH to the ER yesterday. Hope he is feeling better soon. I will try to find Cathe's post about STS2! Not sure, were I read it? Thanks, I am glad I finally starting to feel better. It feels good to be back:D

Debbie - glad you had fun at the wedding this weekend.

Kirstin - in Germany we had wood floors, I used shelf liners (the sticky kind) I tried the yoga mat, that didn't work for me either. We had to turn the heat on/up since I been sick:confused: I also don't like being cold. My husbands sweats and I am always cold:(

Amelia -thanks you! I am glad to be back! Good job with S&G and walk yesterday.

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day, everyone. BBL!

Hello ladies! Today was exhausting. We had a midterm exam that was ridiculously hard. It was case-study based, 70 questions, and only 2 hrs long. Halfway through my prof came over to me and moved my answer paper over, I guess because it was too close to the person sitting next to me and he didn't want anyone cheating? Anyway, it takes a lot for me to focus so once that happened, it was all downhill. I almost ran out of time :eek: glad that's over!

Today is my rest day. I haven't had a break with nothing to do for 3 weeks now so I'm enjoying it lol. I also signed up for this snack program called Nature's Box; has anyone heard of it? You get 5 snacks a month for $20 and you can customize it. All of their products are free from weird chemicals and HFCS and artificial sweeteners. I got my first box today and everything is sooooo good. I already customized next months box ;)

Amelia, you are on a roll, girl!! So happy that you're feeling awesome :D. LOL glad my slide n glide day inspired you. That is a fun workout! I think the cardio is kinda tough too.

Cookie, did you find out what's going on with DH's back pain? Stretching is always good! You can stretch together ;)

Kristin, I have the same problem in my workout room. My roommate has a big throw rug that I put under the step and that seems to do the trick! I'm sorry to hear about your job. My BFF (the one I went to the concert with) is an art teacher in the bx and she was saying the same thing: she hates her job. She was saying how she needs to prep her kids for English and math regents...IN ART!!! Also, the gym teacher in her school got under performing because he doesn't have enough writing in his gym class. Uh WUT?! I don't get it, I really don't!

Deb, how was the wedding?

Belinda, woohoo on the clear X-ray!! That is great news!

Hey everyone. Today's workout was LIS TBT UB. My arms are quivering right now. I went lighter than Cathe on a few of the exercises. I have such a hard time with the one arm rows, balancing one half of the body on the ball, while lifting the weight and the opposite leg. My leg was having a hard time keeping balanced.

I also walked Baxter. He is getting so big already.

We decided to have Thanksgiving at my house. Now that we have the space, I think it is best. This way my dad doesn't have to stress about having everyone over and cooking and taking care of my mom. He can just chill out. I am looking forward to the holidays in my new house.

Today was a better day at work. I am hoping to stay positive, at least until the rest of the week. I am a facilitator at Supt. Conference Day next week. I am doing SMARTboard for beginners. Fifteen people on my building already signed up. I am nervous. I can teach in front of kids all day. . . adults. . . that's another story, lol. I have a fear of public speaking, lol.

Cookie- how do you present all the time? Do you get nervous? What do you do to ease the nerves? I am really getting butterflies already.

Melissa- thank God that midterm is over, right. Enjoy your rest day. What is going on in education today is crazy. It has to change. No one is going to want to teach anymore, and then what? I still like being in the classroom, despite the BS I deal with. I have to remember that. Today was a great day as far as my lesson went. I had every kid's attention and participating. It was great. I wish every day could be like today. A throw rug might do the trick. I have to get one. Actually, I have one by my front door that might work.

Belinda- I think I know what shelf liners you are talking about. The rubbery kind? I have to try that. I'm glad your x-ray came back clear. How's your foot?

Deb- welcome back! Hope you had a great time dancing and partying it up. :D

Waving hello to Amelia!

Kristin

Hi,

I was too tired to workout:( We just received an emergency Kohl's project some wallets shipped with mold on them :confused: so I need to go clean or damage them out, yuck! I guess that is why those little packets are in with products.

The wedding was a lot of fun but the quickest wedding I have ever been too 3 hours including the ceremony:confused:. DH & I took care of my in-laws if we didn't go get them they stayed in their rooms. It was sad/stressful to see how much/fast they are aging. My nephew (groom) was shocked how my MIL looks so lost. It seems like my FIL is getting dementia too:( It makes you realize how important it is to take care of yourself.

I bought Halloween candy tonight & am trying hard to avoid it;)

Belinda - I'm glad your lungs are clear, any more news on your foot? Looks like you are getting in your workouts must be painful.

Kristin - I workout on a rug, but I'm wondering if you could put felt stick-ons (Walmart) that you would use under lamps & vases to prevent scratches . . at the corners of the risers.

Melissa - Sorry to hear about your friend:( That snack box looks interesting I'm going to google it. I always wonder with smart phones if that could result in people cheating:confused:

Amelia - Good job with the weight loss, it must be hard not to peek.

Cookie - I hope DH is doing better, when DH had his back problem they wanted to do surgery but he decided to go to a chiropractor & it worked wonders (knock on wood).

Melissa - Just checked out the Nature's box it looks so good so many choices. Thinking about trying it during my busy season so I have some healthy snacks to grab. Ugh, your an enabler:eek:

'Morning!
Belinda, are you going to Germany again this summer? Know it's planning ahead, esp. w/still recovering, but curious. Glad the xray came back clear.
Kristin, I was going to mention a small rug non-slip mat under a rug, but like Deb's idea of the felt better. Adults are tough, but you can do it. Unfortunately, they will exhibit all the behaviors that they don't want in their own students! It's exhausting. Two things I try to remember: plan well and teaching is often a form of acting. You'll do great.
Amelia, keep it up! You're doing great.
Melissa, good for you w/the snack idea and taking a rest day. Your body must be exhausted.
Deb, its disheartening to see the decline. How wonderful of you and your dh to be there for them and to take them to such important events. DH's back is doing better. He definitely needs to take better care of himself, instead of waiting til he can't move to decide to do something! Nurse Ratched over here has hung up her cap, and he's back on the road to recovery. Perhaps he was scared of my lack of nursing skills...
Woke up at 2 yesterday morning and decided I needed to rest more than try out flextrain. This morning was c/b/s, and then tomorrow should be flextrain. Finally!
Cookie

Hey girls,

This morning I did Xtreme LB = 40 min and Bonus abs . Oh, I forgot to mention Monday I started the 10 Pound Slim down Xtreme rotation with Chris Freytag. Monday I did her Xtreme Total Body = 40 plus 10 min Bonus Buns. Tuesday I did Xtreme Kickbox =40 min. So far I am liking this rotation. It will get tougher next 3 weeks. Tomorrow I will do Xtreme Yoga/stretch. Sunday is a rest day. Starting week 2, no rest day's at all. Not sure, if I like working out 7 day's a week for the next 3 weeks? We shall see.

Cookie - maybe I go to Germany next summer. I talked to my sister yesterday, she wants me to come in Nov? What dog food to you feet your dogs? I am just curious. I been feeding my dogs Kirkland brand from Costco. I been doing lots of research on quality dog food and Kirkland wasn't on the list:confused: Most dog food don't have enough protein, just a lot of fillers:confused: Glad your husband is doing better.

Debbie - sorry about the wallets. I received a water damaged workout dvd not to long ago. The dvd is fine, just the cover got wet:p I didn't buy Halloween candy yet. Stay away from the candy:eek: I had pumpkin pie last night, Alesia left it here:p

Melissa - I need to google those snacks. I'll bet your happy your exams are over. Now you can relax.

Kirstin - yes that's the one! You also can do a search on the OF. There was a thread a few years ago? They had some great ideas. I like Cookies recommendation too.All great ideas.

Amelia - good job on your KB workout today. How did you like it? I love Xtreme KB. So much fun!

Happy Hump Day, everyone. I will be back in the morning. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today but tried to walk a lot to make up for it:confused: I want to get home early tomorrow for Halloween + it's our Anniversary.

Belinda - I'll have to check out those workouts never heard of that instructor.

Cookie - It's funny because DS seems to be worried about their decline thinks we are next:eek: I'll glad your DH is getting better & you can hang up your Nurse Ratchet hat LOL.

Waves hi to Kristin, Amelia & Melissa

'Morning!
Belinda, Science Diet or Iams. They prefer Science Diet. Actually, no what they prefer are treats and bones! Often the food will sit in the bowl most of the day before it is eaten. All those days w/o a rest day? What would your dr say?
Deb, yuck on the wallets. Happy Anniversary! Will you celebrate today or on the weekend? I don't think my kids worry about our decline, more about the impact it has on them! Yeah, I'm glad to stop the Nurse Ratched act. That oculd be my costume if I dressed up today.
Up in night for a few hours but fell back to sleep again, which meant no wo this morning. Like Deb, I'll have to try to get my steps in more today.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today is Aleisa's birthday:D We have to celebrate her bday on Sunday, she is in Dakota.

Today I will do Xtreme Yoga w/ Chris Freytag.

Cookie - Thanks, I will check the dog food out. Most from what I read don't have enough protein in the dog food. They also have lots of not so good ingredients like corn:confused:LOL, I don't know what my doc thinks about me workout out again:eek:

Debbie -Happy Anniversary!! Those workouts are from the old Exercise TV. I love everything they filmed. Here is the link:10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme with Chris Freytag they are worth every penny;)

Waving Hi to everyone that follows.

Happy Halloween! I will be back later.

Hi,

Happy Halloween!!!

I couldn't sleep last night so I'm so tired today & skipped my w/o this is turning out to be an unplanned rest week:(

I ate too light a lunch so ate too much candy:eek: We had a lot of trick a treaters tonight but the poor kids haven't had a Halloween for 2 years. 1st the snow storm & the next year was Hurricane Sandy. Still have too much candy leftover.

Belinda - Happy Birthday to Aleisa:) It's sad they don't make better dog food it certainly costs enough. Thanks for the link, will check it out.

Cookie - We'll celebrate this weekend. Steps are always a good way to make up for missed workouts.

So did anyone dress up today? I didn't but saw a lot of adults with unique costumes. I saw someone dressed as a loofah.

Waves hi to everyone!

'Morning!
Belinda, dog food is expensive! A colleague prepares her dog's food. I'm not that good. One thing I've noticed is my dogs eat less of the more expensive food. Hope Alexia had a fab birthday yesterday. What is she doing out west?
Deb, a looflah? Wonder what they used to make that! It was raining here, but then again we don't get any trick-or-treaters out here. Saw lots of kids in the city before I left tho. I've also had more of a rest week than planned.
Working on paperwork instead of doing a workout! Have my bil's 60th birthday celebration tonight, and my dd is coming in. Tomorrow my youngest son comes to visit b/c Sunday is my mom's 80th celebration.
Waves hi to everyone.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.