Commit to Get Fit and Lean - October

Good morning,

Thanks everyone for all the good vibes and well wishes:D Means a lot to me! The doc appointment on Tuesday went well, still waiting for a report. I am still coughing and the bottom of my foot still feels numb. The pain is almost gone, I still have a little cramping in my foot. I think the cortisone shot has something to do with all my problems:eek: My foot feels numb ever since I had the shot!

I am so glad my husband was home (government shutdown) and took care of me for the last 2 weeks. What a sweetheart! He wouldn't let me do anything.

Yesterday DH and I went for a walk. Today I will do some yoga.

Cookie - I hope you feel better. Please, take care! How do you like Cathe's new workouts?

Amelia - good job with your workouts. Keep it up!

Kirstin - we will loose those last 10 pounds! I think MFP will help.

Waving Hi to everyone that follows. I will be back later.

Hey girls,

No workout today, did some much needed house work. Laundry and cleaned my bedroom and the kids bathroom. :) I also took a break from my food logging today. Ate some pizza and brownies - its TOM for me so I thats my excuse ;) back to my 'diet' tomorrow :D:p

I've been doing turbo jam the last few days, fun workouts. Challenging enough to get me sweating really good but not to much for my knees..

Belinda- Your DH is a sweety, I remember meeting him a few years back. Hope you get to feeling 100% soon. :) Let me know when you travel through my area again, I would love to meet up again :)

Cookie-Great job with DS2

Hello to everybody! I will bb tomorrow.:)

Hi,

I'm back & back to reality:eek: We arrived home early today & needed to go to a store & take care of something for my boss. We had a fun time on vacation but didn't sleep too well but tried to catch up sleeping on the beach:) The weather was beautiful! We went to the gym 3x's & walked the beach. I missed checking in with you guys!

Belinda - I'm sorry you went thru so much but happy you are resting. How sweet of your DH to take care of you talk about perfect timing!

Kristin - I'm surprised parents aren't complaining about the size of your class. I remember when my boys were in school their were parents who would say something in a heart beat.

Amelia - I need to catch up on housework but kudos on getting so much done. It's great to hear you like your new job!

Cookie - I hope your feeling better after your oral surgery:( When you can't sleep do you go back to bed after you exercise?

Goodnight:)

'Evening!
Belinda, happy to hear how you are doing. We missed you. Hope that walk was a short one. Take care.
Amelia, I was bad yesterday. Tootsie Rolls got me. Then last night I had to go to a reception and dinner where the dessert and wine called. How does TJ compare to KPC?
Kristin, Good question. Do your students's patents know your class size?
Melissa, where are you?
Deb, sorry you had to get right back to work. Glad you had such a good time. I don't go back to sleep. I could win an award for dark under eye circles!
Off to RI to visit my dh!
cookie

Hi ladies. Well I took a rest day Wednesday because my dentist apt ran late and I was exhausted when I got home. Plus there was a Toy Story Halloween special on ABC that I wanted to watch with the boys. Yesterday I had an earache and a soar throat. I still have a sore throat today, but I feel better. Today I did All Out, floor cardio plus core 1 premix and then I added the 100 rep challenge, the scarecrows. My shoulders are burnt. I doubt I'll be able to lift my arms tomorrow. I have also been walking Baxter every day, so that counts for something.

Although I did not make my six workout quota for the week, I am eating much better. I did have pizza for lunch today and dinner yesterday, but other than that I have been better.

Anyway, I am so glad the weekend is here. This year is a rough one for me :confused:. I am looking forward to the holidays, lol.

Deb- welcome back! Glad you had a good time in Florida. I need a vacation myself. I would love to go to Atlantis with the kids, but cannot afford it :( Being as though I had a very low turnout on Meet the Teacher Night, I don't think my parents know what the class size is, or care for that matter. I hate to be so negative but. . . we had a parent meeting after school on Monday and the parent did not show up. The kid has a 30 average in my class and is failing all the others as well. The parent did not show! WTH? It was scheduled over two weeks ago. This is but one example of what I am dealing with this year.

Cookie- See above, lol. I had about six or seven parents show up per class this year at Meet the Teacher Night. I have a very rough group this year. Ugh. Of course, when they don't pass the state test, it'll be my fault, and I'll be deemed ineffective.

Amelia- house cleaning is a workout in itself! Speaking of brownies, I have had a craving for some kind of chocolate. Ahhh! I feel my willpower weakening as I type.

Belinda- I'm with you ;). I need to take it off, because I know the holidays are coming and that will only make things worse if I don't take it off now.

Okay, off to rest.

Kristin

Hi,

Ugh on the number on the scale:( I didn't get a workout in too busy catching up. I came home from work early to take the boys for suits for my nephews wedding next weekend. We had a lot of laughs, one son loves to shop the other hates to like my DH. The one that doesn't like to shop needs some alterations asked me does he have to be there for it:confused: not unless he wants it fitted to my size;)

Belinda - How is your foot feeling today?

Kristin - I can see how the parents lack of involvement could hurt the students study/learning habits. It's sad that there are so many this year. Your weekends must be like a vacation for you too this year:)

Cookie - Going to RI to visit your ds sounds like fun, enjoy!

Melissa - I hope your getting a break from school work this weekend.

Amelia - Are you considering staying at the new job?

Morning girls,

Well I told myself I wouldn't step foot on the scale until this upcoming Friday but I just HAD to peek at it today :rolleyes: Friday's indulgences are still with me. Not sure I will do that again for a while, It takes too long to get rid of the damage. Im ready to get some real weight off.;)

Yesterday was 4 miles with Leslie Sansone. Today will be something more intense, not sure what yet but I need to get in a good 'red faced' sweat.

Deb-Glad to hear you had a good time on your trip, sleeping on the beach sounds like a dream right now :) About the new job, I'm still filling out applications whenever I get a chance...I couldn't' imagine staying at my job now very much longer, it just doesn't pay enough.:(

Kristin-Awesome workout the other day, those scarecrows are tough so Kudos to you! The holidays aren't too far away girl, hang in there. My eating hasn't been very clean but my calories are close to what MFP says, its something for me to work towards.

Cookie-Tootsie rolls are one of my favorites. How does TJ compare to KPC you ask...KPC is hands down more challenging :eek: Cathe kicks and punches harder, she's more serious than Chalene ( not that Chalene isn't serious, she's just more dancy I guess) and Chalene is more repetitious than Cathe is.

Belinda-How you doing today? I hope your still taking it easy.:)

Did I forget anybody?:confused:

bbl

Good afternoon,

Yesterday I did 30 min yoga and 10 min from 10 Minute Solution "Butt Lift". I still can't do any high impact workouts, still coughing.

Plan for today is...walking the dogs. Maybe 10 min Butt Lift?

Cookie - How are you feeling? I love, love TJ;) TJ is a lot of fun! I don't think Cathe's KPC is harder. I burn more calories doing TJ than KPC, JMO! That one get's my HR up every time. How do you like Cathe's new KB workout?

Kirstin - good job with your workouts and eating. Congrats on your weight loss, girl! Thank goodness, I am not gaining weight right now....I am trying hard to stay eat clean.

Debbie - welcome back! Glad you had a great time at the beach:D Who wouldn't:p

Amelia - keep it up with your eats! Have fun with your workout today.

I shall return.

Turbo Jam's Kick, Punch and Jam done. I used the gloves for 25 mins of the workout and really got my HR up. According to MFP I burned around 600 calories :eek: I'm thinking 350-400 is more accurate. ;)

I was looking at my TJ workouts and I have 4 total. Kick, Punch and Jam ~ Cardio Party Mix #1 + #2 and Turbo Sculpt. I may look into buying some more. I really like them. Not too hard but gets the job done..and I really like Chalene too.

Belinda-Great job with your walks and Butt Lift workout.

So I started drinking Green tea everyday and boy does that stuff make you pee:eek: maybe thats why its suppose to help in weight loss? I notice I have more energy too. (sorry if this is TMI LOL)

laters...

Hi ladies,

Back to report my workout: I did 10 Min Solution Butt Lift " Cardio Booty=10 min (kept the intensity low) + Upright Booty = 11 min. I also did Shape Pink Power Flat Abs " Pilates for Thighter Tummy = 10 min. That one was tough!

Later I will go for a short walk.

Amelia - I love, love TJ! Those workouts are so much fun. I usually burn lots of cal with those workouts;) You are constantly moving/punching.

Waving Hi to everyone that follows. Have a great evening.

Hi,

Today I tried Rockout Knockout I liked that it is 3 sections & could do one, two or three. I did 1st 2 sections, but think I will like the 3rd best. My lower back was bothering me so it was hard with some of the plyo moves.

It feels like I did laundry all day but I made a big dent.

Belinda - If your working out must be a good sign but be careful. I saw 10 min butt lift on Amazon, was wondering how it is.

Kristin - Do the boys play sports this time of year?

Amelia - I forgot to say great job with your weight loss!! I like the TJs too.

Cookie - I hope your having a good time with your visit with ds.

Good morning,

I am up since 3 a.m.:confused: Can't sleep!

Debbie - thanks for your review on Rockout Knockout. Glad you enjoyed it! What do you think of the rest of this series? How are the different from Cathe's other dvds? Not sure, if it's a good sign me working out:confused: Last night my foot was painful again. I am tired of sitting around and not do anything. I liked 10 Min Butt Lift. She had some interesting moves. I only did 3 out of 5.

I think today is a rest day? Maybe I will do some abs?

I will visit Aleisa today. So excited!

Waving Hi to everyone that follows.

Last edited:
Morning,

I've been up since 4:30 this morning...:rolleyes: My eye's popped open like the energizer bunny. Ugh...

Today is work then I will get in a nice workout after supper, probably go to the high school again and walk for an hour. I love my walks - just me, nature and my music :)

I'm kinda excited about an app I found on google play, its the CW network app and there is a lot of shows I like on there. Im watching the latest Top Model and The Originals right now. I also like the new show Reign on there too..

Hello to everyday. I will try and check in after my workout this evening:)

Hey guys. I did CF less impact premix today. My abs are going to be sore. That ab routine is killer. Last night DH and I had a date night. The boys slept over my parents' house, which I was thrilled with, because I needed a break from them. DH and I saw Gravity in IMAX 3D. It was an amazing, but intense movie. I loved it. I think Sandra Bullock should get the Academy Award for it.

Anyway. . . I lost 3 pounds this week. I think the Green Tea had something to do with it. I ate pretty clean too, although yesterday and today not so much.

I am drowning in papers to grade. Trying to get it done tonight.

Anyway. ..

Amelia- I notice that I pee more with the Green Tea too, lol. Maybe that is a sign it is working, hahaha. Good job with your workouts and keeping it under your cal goal at MFP.

Belinda- I', glad you are starting to feel better and that you are easing back into your workout routine. As we approach Halloween and all the candy my kids will get. .. it is going to be tough in another week.

Deb- Nikolas is playing Flag football and he goes to a baseball clinic (indoors) once a week. The flag football is sucky. His games are on Sunday in the morning, ugh! Rockout Knockout. . . how would you compare it with her other KB/Boxing workouts?

Waving hello to Melissa and Cookie!

Kristin

'Evening!
Belinda, glad to hear you sounding more like your regular self- doing workouts. Hope you had a good time with Alexia. How is she?
Amelia, TJ does sound like fun. You and Belinda are good enablers! My dd love Next Top Model. The one who won last year came from our town.
Kristin, we have a very hard time getting parents to come also. It always seems as if the ones you want to have conversations with are harder to get in. So great that you had a date night.
Deb, lol at your ds and his wondering about being there for the alterations! I can hear one of mine saying the same thing. When's the wedding?
had a great time visiting dd, and Providence is really nice. Good weather was also appreciated. She turns 20 on Tuesday, so we went out for a nice dinner, went shopping, etc. Today has to have been the laziest day in my life. My mouth is swollen and sore from last week's surgery and am back to running a fever again. Took two naps! Even slept late the last two days. Am hoping to somehow magically get work done during the week to make up for what I didn't get done this weekend.
Cookie

Hi,

I did Flex Train, I like this one but will use it as a cardio/total body. In the beginning it is really fast paced, not sure if I was used to it or not but seemed to slow down towards the end. It hits all the body parts but it is different because very little rest even between each body part.

For those who asked Rockout Knockout is similar to Cathe's other kickboxing but seemed to have more jumping jack's & plyo moves thrown in between upper body & lower body moves. It is also 3 sections, 1st without gloves, 2nd with weighted gloves & 3rd not sure just previewed. My fave is still Kickmax.

Belinda - Be careful with your foot, it must be frustrating not knowing the cause of the pain. Have fun with DD tomorrow!!

Kristin - I just told DH how that movie would be great to see at the movies but IMAX 3 D must have been amazing:) I drink green tea every morning just to give me energy to get thru the morning.

Amelia - You guys get up so early, not that you want to. Your walks sound like fun, music makes such a big difference.

Cookie - Take care of yourself, maybe you should call dentist & tell them about the fever:confused: Tell DD I said Happy Birthday!

Hi,

I'm alone today:eek: I decided to go back & do the 3rd section of Rockout Knockout that is my fave but it will take me awhile to get the sequence down even though it has no plyo it was still very cardio (a cross between KPC & kickmax).

Not much else going on just getting ready for the wedding this weekend.

'Morning!
Belinda, how are you feeling now?
Amelia, you're inspiring with your fire for being on track.
Kristin, does the work affect your sleep?
Deb, this weekend is the wedding? Seems like that came fast. Did you get a new outfit? You're right about contacting the ortho guy.
Feeling better. Taking Sunday as such a lazy day I really do think helped.
Cookie

Morning girls

Yesterday was a mish-mosh of workouts. I did a 20 minute turbo jam + 30 min total body sculpting ( cathe) then after supper I got my 2 mile (30 min) walk in. This morning I checked my weight and I'm back down to what I was before my indulgence day last week. Whew..no more of those for a while. Maybe a meal but not a whole day:eek:

Not sure what workout I will do today. I wish I still had Chalene Xtreme , she had some fun circuit workouts. Maybe I will do a Jessica Smith? One things for sure..a walk will be done this afternoon :) I think there helping with my weightloss

Cookie-Glad your feeling better after taking a rest day. Sometimes that all we need. Hows your foot doing?

Belinda-How was your visit with your DD? How you feeling these days?

Debbie-I was by myself yesterday too. The kids were at school and DH was working...boy was it nice;) Great job on your workout

Kristin-Awesome job on your weight loss and clean eating! ^5's - I want to see Gravity, it looks intense. Glad you enjoyed your date night.

Hello to Melissa! Hope everything slows down for you soon, check in when you get a chance :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.