Commit to Get Fit and Lean - October

Hard Strikes Time Saver premix done :D boy theres a lot of jumping jacks in there:confused:I had to modify a lot:eek:. For some reason my feet were killing me yesterday after work. Guess its time for new sneakers...

Belinda- Great news about your back! Good choice on today's workout, keep it easy - don't want to cause further injury to your foot. ((hugs)) I know its hard to not workout.

Hello to everybody that follows :)

'Evening!
Beiinda, well guess its good its not your back, but then what is it?!! The cortisone might have gotten too close to something else? Not sure if I've shared but I have lupus, and guess the neuropathy often comes with it. I've had shooting pains in the ankle of that foot for a few years, very sporatically, but this is from two toes to the ball of my foot and last for hours. Anyway, once I finally called the dr, they got me a referral and saw someone the next day. Alcohol is a possible trigger, so that's a real bummer. Rest up!!!
Amelia, glad you're liking the job. That's worth a lot. What can I say: I work with a very competitive person who is not a team player, and she drives me crazy!!! I'm trying Game On, a diet a friend of mine has lost a lot of weight on. There's a book, but I found a lot of info online, so I'm saving money.
Kristin, shots! I could use one. I've been reading math modules, and my eyes are crossing. Fourth grade was Monday, today was 7th, tomorrow is 5th, and Thursday is Kindergarten. Trying to know what's in each module before doing the roll outs to the teachers is crazy. Almost as crazy as having to teach them, but not.
Melissa, congrats on the A. You rocked it.
Deb, hope you're having a great time.
Did D2s this morning. Since there's not much cardio I'm doing okay with it. Ordered a pair of Birkenstocks on dr's orders. Not sure how I'm feeling about them.
Cookie

Hi girls. My workout tonight was PUB. My arms are so fried. I struggled with the chest work tonight. I only did 7 reps with the 20s on the heaviest round. Anyway.. . I worked out three days in a row! It's a miracle.

My neighbor invited me over for Friday night. She's the one with the boxer. She is having a girls' game night. I am excited. I love games. It should be fun. Just have to get through this week.

Amelia- that's good that they are increasing your hours. A good sign. It is good you have this job to hold you over until you get something you really want.

Cookie- I am hearing horrible things about the math modules. As a parent, I am thankful that my older son (3rd grader) is a whiz at math and is a good reader. It seems now if you struggle with reading you are screwed in math as well. What about our students that have a hard time reading but can compute well? It is so unfair to them.

Belinda- glad your back is not the problem. That is a relief, although your foot still being in pain is not. I've never gone to Groupon. I'll keep that in mind the next time.

Waving hello to Melissa, who is probably studying hard and Deb, who is probably enjoying the Florida sun.

I wish I was at Disney World, lol.

Kristin

'Evening!
Belinda, yesterday's workout sounds perfect! Hope you're continuing to rest.
Amelia, I'm impressed with how many offers you've had. That's terrific.
Melissa, bet you're studying.
Kristin, is it only Wednesday?!! Did you brother go on a honeymoon?
Deb, hope you're having fun.
Wondering if anyone has heard from Lori? I hope everything is well with her. It's been a long time.
Did D2S strength today. I'm feeling absolutely whipped now. May try to squeeze in a bit of reading and then go to sleep.
Cookie

Hello everyone. I had my first day of training today. Today we went through the program as if we were the students. It was a great learning experience. I am actually impressed with the materials and the approach. Now the only downside to this is that I have to present it to my colleagues and I can think of five that will not jump on board just because they don't want to change anything they do. . . ever. Three of them are male teachers. . . It will be interesting when I give it a go next month, lol.

Anyway, today I did Xtrain legs, disc five. I did the barre, ball and chair and floor premix. I have a feeling DOMs will be arriving tomorrow. I am sitting for long periods of time as well tomorrow, so it will be interesting at the end of the session, when I have to get up, lol.

Cookie- no honeymoon. . . couldn't afford it. You would think with 3 years to save they would have something to show for it.

Okay, off to shower. I am taking a rest day tomorrow. My neighbor is having a girls game night and she invited me. I am so excited.

See you later.

Kristin

'Evening!
Kristin, thanks! I was beginning to wonder what I was doing to scare every one away! Trying to change our colleagues is a huge challenge. I'm sure they told you to start with those who are the "early adopters" and build from there. Glad you're enjoying your training. Have fun tomorrow night.
Did D2S again today. Think I'm seeing some results.
Waving hi to everyone!
Cookie

Hey girls,

Yesterday was just another 30 minute walk. Not sure what today will be? I have my niece over today so we may take the kids to the park so I could walk there. I think I will do Travel fit this morning I barely do strength training anymore:confused:

So my first official week at counting calories on myfitnesspal and im down about 4lbs :) Im not letting anything get in my way, im just tired of being in the size im in and im the only one who can change that!
I'm no longer working around food and my new job isn't stressful At ALL, its kinda fun actually, the people there are like family with each other - something that was missing at the bakery job.

Belinda-what is your username on MFP? I can't seem to find any of the girls on there?

I will bbl with personals :)

Hi girls,

Just a quick update: I just come from the doctors. I have this nasty cough since Monday, I am also breathing kinda hard and I have wheezing in my chest:( On top with everything else that's going on right now, I caught Pneumonia:(:( The radiologist told me they seeing lots of cases lately. It's going around:mad: I don't have a fever, which is a good thing. Just coughing my brains out and my chest hurt.I am on antibiotic, cough syrup with Codeine and an inhaler I have to use every 4 hours. I am not even gonna try to workout, until I feel 100% better. I am falling apart:(

Tuesday I have an appointment with the Neurology. Hopefully they will figure out what's wrong with my foot. I had my share off being sick this year, I had enough.

I will be back later with personals.

'Morning!
Belinda, hope you feel better. Boy, you're sure getting hit with a lot.
Amelia, how old is your niece now? Love your fire for staying on track. Trying to catch your sparks.
Kristin, how was game night? I'm wondering what you played.
Melissa, hope you can come up from studying to stop by.
Deb, enjoy.
Got a walk in yesterday. Today will be another D2S strength workout and I hope another walk. DH wants to go shopping for some more shrubs/bushes/trees for the yard and then out for a bite to eat and sip to drink. He wants to extend Oktoberfest.
Enjoy the day.
Cookie

Hey guys. I did Cardio and Weights today. Getting ready for the Brooklyn Nets game tonight. We are going with some friends and the kids. We got cheap tickets :).

Last night was a lot of fun. It was awkward at first because I didn't know anyone, but it ended up being a lot of fun. Got home around one and passed out.

Took Baxter for a long walk this morning. The boys wanted to ride their bikes during the walk. That did not work out too well. Baxter wanted to keep up with them, and so he pulled me, well, he tried to pull me the whole time. Then we dropped the bikes off and walked again. It was much better.

Amelia- that is great about the 4 pounds. Congrats! Less stress, better eating and working out are all key components to weight loss. Good for you!

Belinda- I'm so sorry you're so sick. That is terrible. Take it easy. Pneumonia! That is crazy. Hang in there and just rest.

Cookie- we played a game, what's a dame to do? It is like apples to apples only more female focused.

Okay, off to shower.

Kristin

'Morning!
Belinda, I hope you're feeling better. You certainly have had more than your share.
Amelia, congrats on the 4 lbs! That's awesome. Love your avatar's saying.
Melissa, are you stuck studying under a pile of books?
Kristin, lucky you - going to a Nets game. Bet it was a lot of fun. Your boys must have been so excited. We had a dog that needed a harness to walk him - he was so strong he really would hurt shoulders. Hmm, apples to apples with a female focus ...
Deb, hope your vacation is relaxing.
Well, we got about a dozen shrubs and trees, so that will be part of today's workout. Ok, actually, that will be mostly dh's workout. I'll help but hopefully not a lot. I have a presentation at a conference tomorrow that I'm still prepping for, as well as a ton of house and work stuff. Plus, he loves that digging in the dirt. The mold bothers my allergies. Hoping he wants to take a walk to enjoy the fall colors.
Cookie

'Morning!
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the long weekend.
Belinda, hope you're on your way to a healthy recovery.
Amelia, did you get new sneakers?
Kristin, how was the Nets game experience?
Melissa, hope you're not drowned under papers and books.
Deb, enjoy Florida.
Have to do a presentation at a local conference this morning, take my mom to lunch, and then have a tooth/root extraction! Going to do a D2S strength rotation.
Cookie

Hey girls,

I've been getting in my walks and workouts everyday. Yesterday was LIC upper body premix ( kicked my butt too:eek:) and today was turbo jam cardio party mix 2, pretty fun. I also walk in the evening when I get a chance.

Cookie, no..no new sneakers yet. Just can't afford it now :confused: Sounds like a very busy day for you. Enjoy lunch with your mom and I hope the dentist appointment goes well for you...ouch:eek:

Kristin-Great job with C&W the other day, I almost did that one yesterday. Love your doggies name!

Belinda-Oh no :( Sending you healing vibes and ((hugs)). My goodness your having a hard time with your health lately. Im so sorry you having to deal with all this :(

Hey guys. No workout yesterday. We went pumpkin picking and then to Friday's for dinner. I ate way too much. Then I got on the scale today and I am 10 pounds over my goal weight, which I achieved a few years ago. The scale keeps going up. I know why. The food I have been eating is no good and I slacked off on working out all of September and the first two weeks of October weren't that good. I made a calendar for my workouts for the rest of the month. This week I am focusing on 4DS and metabolic workout. Next week will be a mix of cardio, yoga and STS Total Body. Then back to 4DS. I am hoping that upping my cardio and changing things up all around will help me get back to the weight I like to be at, plus eating better. It is a challenge because DH buys all kinds of goodies and I love me some goodies. With the stress I am feeling lately it is not a good combo. Then I will have a glass of wine and lose all control of what I eat. :( It is depressing. I started back at MFP. I am hoping to lose 2 pounds this week. I hope I have the willpower!

Anyway. . . that is where I am at. Today I did AT, cardio leg express plus abs, and I walked Baxter twice today. I also ran with him a bit in the backyard. That dog is fast boy!

Cookie- the game at the Barclay's Center was great, but the people who go there. . . rude. Not like Yankee Stadium at all. As a matter of fact, we got searched for weapons (wand metal detector) when we walked through the door. I've never had to do that before at MSG or Yankee Stadium. I don't think I will go there again. Parking was terrible too.

Amelia- good for you keeping up with the workouts. I don't know why I don't do C & W more often. It is a great workout!

Belinda- I hope you are recovering and doing better!

Deb- are you still in Florida?

Okay, off to finish paperwork. School tomorrow!

Kristin

'Morning!
Amelia, well, I hope you're able to get new sneakers soon! My knees bother me with older ones. TG you have a nice group of folks to work with, you deserve it.
Kristin, I find it incredibly hard to loose weight. Lately, I've cut out flour and sugar, and now with neuropathy even alcohol. I've been good with working out and still says the same d*** number. I think I look more toned, but it is frustrating. Very disapppointing about the stadium. Sure sounds like Baxter is a workout in himself.
Had standing room only crowd at presentation, a great healthy lunch (ezme salad) with Mom, and then the tooth and root extraction. Came home walked the dog, and then it hit me. Was in bed by 8:30, I was so tired. Today's a rest day.
Cookie

Good morning,

Thanks ladies for all the good wishes. I get lots of rest these days:D I have my appointment for my foot this afternoon.

Cookie - I hear you on the scale:confused: Very frustrating! Enjoy your rest day today.

Kirstin - I need to start tracking my cal at MFP again. Let's do it together:D

Amelia - glad you like your new job. Good for you. BTW, I am bayerngirl on MFP.

Debbie - hope you have fun in Florida.

Melissa - where are you?

Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited:
4DS LIS all done. My shoulders are toasted! I also walked Baxter for 40 minutes today.

So I walked into work to find out I have a new student in my already capped out class of thirty students. When I said something, the administrator told me she would fix it. She later called me and told me there was nothing she could do :mad:. I know teachers that have less than 20 kids in their classes; why they have maxed me out, I have no idea. The secretary pulled me aside to say that she was proud of me for saying something. She said she thinks I am one of the best teachers in the building and that's why they do this, they know I will make it work. I appreciated her comments, but still. This is BS!

Cookie- I tried green tea for the first time today. I read that not only is it healthy, but it helps to boost your metabolism. Let's hope it does the trick, lol.

Belinda- I posted on MFP today and yesterday. I am hoping it'll help me get off these 10 pounds. The holidays are coming, and I am hoping I can stay motivated.

Amelia- I'm jnka825 on MFP.

Okay, off to shower!

Kristin

'Morning! Boy, is my internet slow this morning. It's crazy too, b/c last night I couldn't get on aol or google!
Belinda, any news on the cause of the problems? How are you feeling today?
Amelia, hope things are well.
Melissa, miss you.
Kristin, it's not a compliment when you suffer. I'm covering four buildings with .5 of my time. Two of my colleagues are doing 5 buildings full time. When I ask why, I'm told b/c I can handle it! Like you, I'm not flattered, tired, worn out, and feeling bad b/c I know folks are getting what they need. If you have a cap size, will your union do anything? I'm bringing green tea bags with me today!
Deb, how's your trip?
Had a fever yesterday and quite sure its related to the oral surgery. Couldn't sleep and have been up since 2:30, so been doing work. Going to do a wo in a few minutes.
Cookie

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was a 30 min quick dog walk before work. Not sure what I will do today, I need to get it in early so I can work on laundry ( or get DH to work on laundry - he's off until Saturday ;))

Kristin-Awesome workout with 4DS. Wow, can't believe there adding another student to your already full class? Just shows how awesome you are at teaching. :) I agree, Its BS though...

Cookie-arg at the fever, hope you feeling better now. What workout did you do?

Belinda- How did your doctors visit go?

Melissa-How are things with you? Have things slowed down any?

Deb-How did you trip go?

bbl :)

'Morning!
Belinda, hope you are finally starting to feel better. Hope it is not getting you discouraged.
Amelia, keep up those workouts! You're doing great.
Kristin, I need to get another dog harness. Even my dh is complaining how much the puppy pulls on the leash. I really should make the time to be consistent with her training b/c she is she is so strong willed. She has repeatedly broken out of the outdoor kennel, and yesterday she ran the Invisible Fence system. When do you have to do the turn-key training?
Deb, when do you return?
Short d2s workout this morning. Have a reception and dinner meeting this evening, so I needed to be work up a calorie deficit early!
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.