Commit to get FIT and Lean for March!

Hey girls,

I did XTrain Burn Set (Chest, Back & Shoulders).

Sooo....what did you girls do today?:eek:

I will be back in the morning. Good night, girls.

'Evening!
Belinda, how much snow did you get? I heard that snowshoeing was becoming popular. Can you do that around your yard and have the dogs chase after you? What a workout that would be!
Lori, glad to hear how things are going. I can't imagine having a job sitting all day. I'm too fidgety. Do you have to do a lot of paperwork? Amazing how much you get accomplished in a day. Isn't it interesting how different children can be?
Amelia, how are you doing? Covered in shamrock green yet?
Kristin, March is too long a month!!! I want spring.
Deb, is it hard getting back into the work routine? Bet your sons missed your cooking.
Woke up to no electricity this morning. Must have come back on during the day, but it meant no workout for me. I don't need more workouts, I need more time to workout. My dog is walking around with her food bowl in her mouth. Do you think she's trying to tell me something?
Cookie

Hey guys. I just finished CLB. It wasn't in the rotation for the second month, I really missed this workout. I love it. I love the music, the rounds of plyo and weights, they plyo step portion, everything. It is perfection to me.

Well. .. we are going to get smacked with another heavy snowstorm :(. I wish I was in PR with my family. It is going to be a crazy storm. They are saying we will be hit with rain, turning to snow Wed. night into Thursday and snow continuing on Friday. I am thinking we will be plowed by Easter, lol.

So my older DS has been a bit emotional these last few days. Sunday he had a huge meltdown to the point where I took away all ipad, Wii and Wrestling shows away for the week. Then yesterday, after dinner DH and I went to run an errand and both DS were with my cousin. When we came home (after 1.5 hours) DS started crying saying he thought we got lost. Today his teacher told me that he was crying because his baseball bracelet broke and he didn't finish his timed 100 math facts test (adding by two, 100 problems adding 2 to numbers 0-9 in five minutes or less). When I spoke to him about it he said he was upset because he thought I wouldn't be proud of him because he didn't finish. Then he insisted that I practice with him. So I printed out these worksheets from a website and I timed him. He focused so much on the time that it was what seemed to be messing him up. I told him not to think about the time, just think about the math and do the best you can. He practiced FIVE times, but then said that he felt better about it. My 7 year old is having anxiety over a test. .. again I ask, what are we doing in education? I am glad that I can help him. I kept telling him to tell himself "I will do this" and focus on the math, not the time. I really just want to punch test-makers and Governor Cuomo in the face, I swear.

Cookie- spring? I thought it was around the corner. Now I am about to be digging my house out of HEAVY snow. I want it to be summer, lol.

Belinda- I always get major DOMS in the chest from that workout. Beware!!! :)

Lori- my younger DS is 4. He still takes naps. He was always a god "napper." My older DS not so much. He never was one for napping. We had a hard time getting him to go to bed and sleep on his own. He was in our bed for the first two years. When my younger Ds stops napping it will be much harder to work out during the day when DH is not home. We will have to see how that works out.

Deb- looks like we are going to get hit with a doozy. The ironic thing is all the snow from the blizzard just melted two days ago!

Amelia- how is everything with work? Still Xtraining?

Okay, off to rest!

Kristin

Hi,

I took a spin class at the gym, it really didn't hurt my hip because it was low impact. But the funny thing is DH has the same problem with his hip:confused: same side too!

Well Spring may not be here but it sure is in the stores;) it is nice to see all the summer colors. I wanted to buy a summer hat in Hawaii but decided to wait & I am seeing them everywhere now for so much less.

Belinda - Wow, that is a lot of snow coming your way:eek: Well the dogs will love it!

Lori - It's tough having a sit down job when I did I would get up for every little thing but there also wasn't as much technology as there is now. I think it's great that your fitting it all in. I wanted to invent (but someone else did) a treadmill with a desk.

Kristin - What happened to last winter:(, your parents are lucky to still be away. It is :( that the boy's have to worry about being timed and tested at such a young age.

Cookie - The good thing is that work is light this weeks & starts to pick-up next week. The worst part about no electricity is missing workouts but hopefully you were able to sleep in late with no alarm going off;)

Waves hi to Amelia

Goodnight:)

Last edited:
Hi girls,

Not able to sleep tonight but can't workout because everything is in my bedroom & don't think that would go over well with DH;)

I did check out the March rotation & think it's a good mix of old & new. I will try it down the road.

Will try & go back to bed.

Good afternoon ladies,

We have well over 7" of snow. I am so tired of the white stuff. I need sunshine.

I am going though/organizing all my workout dvds. I have a lot:confused:....need to count them.

Debbie - have fun with the March rotation. Looks good. I have to make the dogs go outside:confused: I like looking at spring colors.

Kirstin - awww...your poor little guy! School putting so much pressure on the kids these day's:confused:

Cookie - hope you get your workout in. I hear you on not needing more workouts, I also need more time. Arrr...

Hi Lori and Amelia.

I will be back later. Have a wonderful day and workout.

I will be back after my workout. Have a great day everyone.

Hey Heidi,

Besides Cathe's DVDs (I have them all), I have over 200other workout dvds:rolleyes: Have not counted all of Cathe's and Insanity, Brazil Butt lift, P90X, Turbo Jam and Zumba from Beachbody. Oh I forget I am sure I forgort some. need to count them this week. Then I can give you an exact number:eek: DH's eye's popped out once he saw them all today. He didn't had a clue how many I actually have:p Well, neither did I:confused::eek: I am a little overwelmed with Xtrain, although I like having so many workout dvds. I think it's too many:( What do you think? Do you think I need more workout dvds?

I did Turbo Jam = 20 min and Turbo abs = 20 min.

Good night girls. BB in the morning.

'Evening!
Belinda, that is a lot of dvds! I have a lot also, but don't want to know how many. There are just some things in life I don't want to know. However, I did give a way quite a few a couple of years ago, so it's not as bad as it could be. Just remembered, I gave some to one of my sisters at Thanksgiving time. I've had it on my to-do list the past two weekends to week them out more, and now you got it done. Does that count for my list?
Kristin, that is crazy. Your poor son. What are we doing? Hope you don't get much snow. Oh, I can't stand those sit ups and then push ups! Urgh they kill me.
Lori, 11 km before work and 13 after with 30 min abs?
Amelia, hope all is well.
Deb, hope you weren't worried about something that you woke up early. I'm not looking at the March rotation until later this month. I want to finish the xtrain one before I get sidetracked. But does it look tempting?
Cookie

Hi,

I took yoga today & it helped stretch my hip out. Believe it or not wasn't really tired today but sometimes you feel it the next day. I did manage to get another 3 hours sleep, ran late but it was so worth it.

So when we were on vacation I was catching parts of the Jodi Arias trial it is crazy but so interesting so I'm still watching it when I can. Maybe that is why I'm having nightmares;)

Belinda - It looks like you had all the snow:( That is a lot of DVD's. I'm like Cookie too afraid to check;) I could easily weed out VHS. Do you still have VHS tapes?

Kristin - No snow but we may get it Thursday into Friday but not as much. How about you?

Cookie - Since back from vacation I have worried about everything from kids, Mom, Dad & work:confused: maybe it's the lack of Mai Tai's:D I'm going to finish XT too before starting March rotation.

Waves hi to Lori & Amelia

Hi Girls:)

I'm up way to late. I am going to regret this in the morning!

Yesterday I didn't workout. I ended up calling a friend and was talking to her until after 9. I miss my friends:( but I do like the ones I've made here. Tonight DH is gone to some kind of dinner so when I put the kids to bed I made up for last nights missed workout. I did xtrain shoulders and bics double trouble and the 100 rep challenge. Then I did 40 mins on the TM and the first seg of CF.

Belinda** seriously!?? 200 DVDs! Will you live long enough to try them all?:eek: I think you need to have a yard sale. I don't have nearly that many and I keep pulling out the same ones. I thought about buying the combat series but I really don't think I'll use it much. I have my eye on 2 halves for sure. I need to get back into it big time!

Cookie** you give me such a bad rep:p no I didn't workout before work! Lol. I would if I could, lord knows I'd love to have the evening to myself. I love being on the go but I have to have my butt parked in front of a computer all day. I was mentally drained today but forced myself to workout.

Deb** so what are the new spring colors??? I can't wait to break out summer cloths or even go places with no coat on or not have to bundle the kids up every time we leave the house.

Kristin** got to love those meltdowns but who knows what's going through their little minds sometimes. Sometimes it's just sleep but some kids tend to stress about things. None of my kids do but on of my nieces does. She couldn't sleep for a week b/c she was thinking about germs! Hopefully he's just going through something!

K..this gal as to go to sleep. This cream I'm plastering myself in to keep the wrinkles away won't work if I don't get some sleep!:eek:

Lori:)

Hey ladies. So yesterday was a bit of a stressful day. I went to work and then when I got there DH called to tell me that my older DS (the one with the shunt in his head, the one who has been acting "stressed" and anxious), was complaining of a headache and feeling sick. Between the way he had been acting and now this, I just felt like something could be wrong, so we took him to his neurologist and he got an MRI to check the shunt. It was fine, thank God, but it was a long ordeal. A lot of waiting. The doctor said it could be just stress. Stress? My 7 year old has stress from testing. . . He is a good boy, and a smart boy and he is worrying that he won't finish his drill tests in time. We had Fridays take out for dinner (his favorite) and then I had him relax for the rest of the night. He has the drill test again today and I just told him that he can try his best, that is all I care about. If he finishes or not, it doesn't matter to me. Deep down, I hope he finishes so he will stop stressing over it.

Anyway. .. I did Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's. I lifted a little heavier for the first two rounds of each exercise and now my arms are fried, lol.

Lori- my son is worried about germs too, lol. I just hope he gets through the day and this week. We have some fun stuff planned this weekend.

Belinda- maybe you could sell the ones you don't like/don't use on ebay? Even if its five bucks plus shipping. You'd be surprised how many bites you might get. That is a lot of DVDs, lol. You have enough to do a different workout for every day of the year and then some, lol.

Deb- a little sprinkling of snow for now, but it is supposed to get worse tonight.

Cookie- the sit ups and push ups are killer, but I love the challenge. I alternate doing one set of push ups straight leg, and then another on my knees. It helps me to keep up with Cathe's pace. My upper body is still fried at the end, so it's effective. Do you ever see this testing fixation in public education ending? I think we are damaging a whole generation of young people.What will happen as a result?

Good everyone,

Cookie - I didn't wanted to know many I have for years. Had that crazy idea:rolleyes:, maybe I should count them? LOL! Yes, I did gave away a few years ago. Need to stop buying more.

Debbie - we have a lot of snow. I don't think I need anymore wo dvds. I still have about 30 VHS's. Need to go through them too.I am watching the Jodi Arias trial too:rolleyes:

Lori - 200 DVDs not counting Cathe, Insanity, P90X, Brazil Butt lift, Turbo Jam. I just found more.....need to stop buying more. LOL! Les Combat doesn't appeal to me for some reason, weird? I thought I wasn't interrested in Turbo Fire, now I love it. Before I haven't gone through my workout collection I will not sell them. I do however will sell a brand new set of STS, Xtrain and other Cathe DVDs, bought them for DD but she wont use them. How much do I have to pay ebay for selling my dvds? I checked out craigslist yesterday.

Kirstin - I am so sorry you and your son going through so much stress (HUGS)). Good luck to your son today. Poor thing. Have you sold some dvds on ebay before? How does it work?

Hi Amelia! How are you doing?

Today I will do Xtrain Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's.

I will be back later.

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this group, but not new to Cathe. I found your check in thanks to Amelia and Kristin.

I have almost all of Cathe's workouts, except XTrain. And I'm thinking of getting it and ordering the new set. I used to work out religiously with Cathe. She helped me lose 80lbs almost 9 years ago. Then, I got pregnant a couple of times, had kids and struggled to get back in the game. It was always sporadic. A couple of years ago, I thought I had my groove back. I completed a couple of rotations and was feeling great. But somehow, I stopped paying attention to myself, and maybe even stopped caring much about myself. I have, unfortunately, gained back almost all of my original weight loss. Very disappointed in myself.

But, I'm ready for that to change.

I worked out last night, completing most of the Cario Timesaver premix on Low Impact Circuit. I'm only using a 4 inch step right now, but it's working for me. Sweating and breathing hard. It's a start! There will be sweating again tonight, but I'm not sure what just yet. But I'm already feeling more positive.

I look forward to working out and supporting you all.

Workout is done:eek:

Walkingchick - Hi and welcome! That's awesome you lost so much weight with Cathe's workout. I will sent you a PM;)

My head is spinning from counting all my dvds and going through all of them. Still need to add all my Cathe dvds:confused: How many dvds does she have? Anyone?

Waving Hi to everyone that follows.

I'm back! I finished High Step Circuit tonight, and I'm feeling pretty good. I know I will be sore tomorrow, simply because I haven't worked out in such a long time. But I am feeling so positive, and I must admit, that is a good feeling!

Now, I'm off to cozy up with a cup of tea before bed. Have a good night!

Belinda...I sent you a PM. I had a problem emailing you.:eek:

'Evening!
Belinda, if its any comfort, probably lots of others on the forums have that amount and perhaps more! This summer I finally parted with my last vhs - the original Firms. I try to abide by the one in - one out rule, but sometimes one will just jump into my shopping cart w/o me realizing it.
Kristin, I'm so sorry your son is so stressed. I think the APPR process will evolve, but think testing is here for quite a while. Your poor son.
Lori, great getting in a double session. Oh wait that was only one for you. Friends become like family, so you have an even larger family to miss.
Amelia, how are you doing?
Walkingchick, welcome. isn't Cathe amazing. She wears me out, but I love it. Do you have any favorites of hers?
Deb, what is that trial about? I've never heard of it. But I've heard you can find mai tais in NJ. Watching my sister's dog while she's on vacation. Only he has to be walked on a leash. What's the sense of living in the country if I can't open the door and have the dog go w/o me? Plus, he's huge and pulls me. Last night and again this morning he got loose and it was hard to catch him, b/c he doesn't come when called. The best is: my sister left me her sheets from dog training. However, my sister is wonderful, so I'm truly "petting the dog b/c I like the owner." Good thing he's also gorgeous.
Oh, did supercuts this morning. Love, love, love that workout. Even the ab routines where you switch around and kick out your foot. Hope you know what I mean.
Hoping our snow stops soon. I have an expensive but excellent presenter in town and want to have the training tomorrow.
Cookie

Hi,

I did BS bi's & tri's tonight, was going to do something else but ended up getting sidetracked. Spring set-ups have started, I thought this month would be easy but not!

Belinda - Cathe most have well over 100 DVDs you'll be counting for awhile:eek: We did the same workout:)

Lori - Your were up late, hope you didn't nap at work;) The colored denim is still really big. One of the big colors this year is mint green, probably called a lot of different other names too!

Kristin - I hope your DS feels better I bet the weather doesn't help either. Could he be missing your parents?

Amelia - Waves hi

Cookie - The Jodi Arias trial is about a girl who murdered her boyfriend but there is so much sex & lies going on. The jury is getting to ask her ?'s so it is getting really interesting. Too funny about your sister's dog. It must be rough not being able to just open the door especially when your used to that.

Walkingchick - Welcome!! Your off to a great start. I like your avatar.

'Morning!
Woke up early b/c I had to walk my sister's dog at 3 am as it is snowing. Think there's a strong possibility we may have a snow day or at least a delay. I'm hoping for a delay, since I have that presenter in town. Plus, it is always a bear to reschedule these things...Just yesterday morning I noticed some daffidil shoots emerging.
Deb, I noticed a lot of mint green in the newer magazines. It always seems like such a 1950's color to me. What do you think of the flatform sandal style?
Off to do a bit of paperwork and then rear delts. And coffee!!!
Cookie

Quick check in:D I just finished Amy Bento Kickbox Xtreme + abs= 80 min. That was a fun workout:)!

Cookie - that's early:eek: did you take a nap?

BBL with personals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.