Combating the winter blues

<<Okay, this may sound like a crazy question, but, I have never been snowshoeing. What do you do, do they enable you to walk in the snow better. I have never been a snowbunny, but I see that will have to change. Many have suggested walking. I am thinking a nice brisk walk on my lunch hour may be helpful too... when it is not too bad outside.>>

They actually enable you to walk on top of the snow, so you don't sink in, making walking in snow a much more pleasant experience.

I'm in mid-Michigan (Lansing area) and I love it when everything is blanketed in a fresh coat of snow. But, by the end of February, beginning of March, I am beginning to go a bit bonkers. I do try to get outside most days during winter, but I still feel like I've been cooped up for weeks on end by the end of March. I try to plan a trip somewhere warm in late Feb/early March, but it doesn't always work out.

I did get to the MI Catheite lunch in September, and I'd love to do another one, it was great fun! I haven't been to the Common Grill, but I've heard good things about it:
http://www.commongrill.com/index2.html

Maybe we could do another get together before March, even. We talked about something in December to do some holiday shopping or some such. That might be fun.

In any event, I admire your attitude to embrace winter this year, Kim. I think that's the best thing you can do if moving to a sunnier climate is not an option.

anne

Kathryn- Thanks for the info! I am going to look at it right now.

Gayle- Thanks for explaining. Sounds cool!

Anne- Thanks for you kind words. I like projects so this is a new one for me. Attack the problem before it becomes a problem. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.