Clinton or Obama

I dont get to vote unfortunately - though I wish I could. When the American economy is troubled that ripples over to the rest of the world.

I like both. I am wishing for a Democrat win. I dont mind the Republicans, but I dont believe in war. Even when my country's Government chooses to go to war, I find it senseless.

~* Vrinda *~

Hillary's plan for healthcare should appeal to the old style Republicans who used to support small business, and people's liberty - not this pseudo big brother regime that has given windfall millions to a few and 1200 to the rest of us.........she offends a lot of people though, and is polarizing.....The McCain that was able to compromise, act rational, and get things done seems to be parroting alot of the insanity we've had in the last 8 years and scares me - MY kid ain't going to this senseless "war"!........oh, Obama I guess......but really, my husband, a life long Republican of Barry Goldwater tradition (he and JFK actually wanted to campaign together at one point and debate great ideas across America...what happened to that...)....is going Obama too but fears his inexperience.....

As an outsider (Canadian) it is fascinating to sit on the fence and watch this unfold. In my wildest dreams I never thought a woman and a person of colour would vie for the democratic nomination at the same time, it's the stuff of novels and a fantastic sign of our times. I like both candidates but could listen to Obama talk all day, he's so eloquent. I'm hoping for a democratic win this fall. IMHO, it's time for the pendulum to swing.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Obama!
But any Democrat, really. I don't like her and I despise the way she's run her campaign, but I'd vote for Hillary if she were the nominee. I just don't think that's going to be the case after today.

I personally love the fact that Obama has little experience (and Hillary for that matter, only has one extra term in the senate). No president will take office without a gang of people surrounidng him or her with experience to get through tough deicisions. So I'm confident that if he won the pesidency, that he'd have the counsel necessary surrounding him to make sound choices. It's refreshing to me that we make have a chance to get away from old school Washington.

I don't think that any president is going to bring immedate change. There's too much damage to repair for that to be the case. But I think that Barack is a start down the right path.

I'm going to try to be politically neutral. In some issues I am a conservative, in others a liberal. I am usually respectful to opinions of people that are tolerant of others.

In my lifetime I have voted for Reagan (twice), Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry. I guess I haven't been too impressed with the Bush family, even though the first George was a genius and a statesman. The current president makes me miss Nixon, declare the war a victory and pull the troops. The Iraquis will get the democracy that THEY are willing to fight for.

The economy is going down ... period. There is nothing the president or congress is going to be able to do short term to fix it. The excesses of previous administrations have to be paid for, you can't borrow your way out of debt. I know Clinton did have a balanced budget, even a surplus. That didn't even pay the interest on the national debt for one year.

The next president needs to be inspirational, needs to be able to instill hope when people are really down. Neither Clinton or McCain have this quality, I believe Obama does.

All these politicians are arguing whether we are having a recession, folks the price of homes dropped 14% nationwide. When do we discuss the DEPRESSION?

I voted for Hillary in the primary, but I will support Obama if (probably "when") he wins the democratic nomination. I do like most of what he stands for, and I think he can bring some needed vision and change. It will be tough going for the first couple of year for ANY of the presidential contenders.

I voted for Hillary in the primary, but only because my first two choices had already dropped out. It was basically a coin flip. I will vote for Obama if he's the candidate.

Gabrielle

I've got to go with the "none of the above" posters. I'm just not thrilled with anyone unfortunately. :(

Ah! This election has been hard. I wouldn't ever vote Republican but in all honesty John McCain is the only Republican politician that I have ever had any respect for mostly because of willingness to work on programs that the current administration was against if he felt they benefited the people.

I love Hillary Clinton but I think she just has too many people who don't like her and as most of them can't tell why, she can't seem to fix it.

That being said I think the country needs a "reset" and I think Obama can do it.

KIM

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.