Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

This workout seems to get harder the more you do it. The first time, my triceps hurt for two days.The second time, my husband had to wash my hair. I couldn't raise my arms, and I thought my boobs were going to fall off. This workout is a DEEP FRYER!!!
OMG that is so funny about the boobs! I definitely have trouble pulling my top over my head for a few days after this workout! Yep it's a keeper...

OMG that is so funny about the boobs! I definitely have trouble pulling my top over my head for a few days after this workout! Yep it's a keeper...

Having trouble pulling top over LOL...Hmmm
Seems like I am going to have double trouble as I will need hands to take off my top
;);)

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that the reps in the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout seem to be done a lot faster than in the Back, Shoulders and Biceps workout? My only problem with the CST workout is that if I'm going to maintain good form and not risk injuring something, I've gotta decrease my weight and then I feel like I'm not challenging myself enough by not going heavier. I did the Back and Biceps premix because I really didn't want to work shoulders twice in one week. I also have some neck/shoulder issues that haven't reared their ugly head lately, but if I tweak something just so, here they come. Did anybody else have to drop their weight to keep up and keep good form. I would think that good form ultimately the most important thing. I can't do chest presses with 25 pound weights at the speed that Cathe was doing them. Next time I need to drop to 20's. Same for the barbell front presses. While I want to be challenged and get results, I certainly don't want to re-injure myself either. The back and biceps workout was superb and I did the Low Impact Hiit premix this morning combining workouts 1 and 2. Dang, Cathe has a way of making low impact almost more intense than jumping around! Both LIH workouts were awesome. The only thing is so far I'm not crazy about the music in this new series. CrossFire, To the Max and XTrain had the best music, IMO.

I've got to say that I didn't notice the tempo difference. I'll look closer! I did BSB today - went quite a bit heavier and loved it. Doing shoulders twice doesn't seem a problem as the workouts each hit a different part of the shoulder. Cathe does stress that we're to do the w/o at our own speed, and take what rest is necessary - she stresses it's not an endurance w/o but a strength one. Gives me permission to pause! I've been lifting heavier than Cathe in this series - I credit Body Beast....
I'm not a huge fan of the music, either. But it's background when I'm struggling with a move! I only really notice the music for step and kickbox workouts. I agree that the Low Impact are intense - when I keep up with Cathe, that is!

I thought she went faster for the back work, for me anyway. I know that you only work one side at a time, but she doesn't rest as long even on the pullovers. I've had no problem keeping up with the chest, tri's, & shoulders. I like that she breaks the shoulders up into 2 different workouts because I think I can focus more my rear delts this way without being over fatigued. That's why I also like the bonus rear delts in the XTRAIN series. I would do those as an add on to the bi's and tri's dvd.

Did anyone notice that the reps in the Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout seem to be done a lot faster than in the Back, Shoulders and Biceps workout? My only problem with the CST workout is that if I'm going to maintain good form and not risk injuring something, I've gotta decrease my weight and then I feel like I'm not challenging myself enough by not going heavier.

Glad you mentioned this. Did not notice the difference but I will pay closer attention having just done CST once.
I have had DOMS which lasted days on my upper chest. I could not match cathe's weight. I had to drop 5 pound.:(:(
Was not very happy but I know I need a bit time to re-condition myself. I had not done Heavy stuff for a while!
I will have make sure not to do CST and BSB in two following days.
Chest is not my forte. Got a lot of work to do. Same for shoulders.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.